Note: This game is also titled Tobidase Doubutsu No Mori.Bonus locations
Successfully complete the indicated task(s) to unlock the corresponding location. Note: Most of these locations will not become available until it has been at least 10 days since the start of the game, and most will be available in the public works list.
Club LOL: Have Nookling Junction upgrade for the first time, give Dr. Shrunk permission when he visits your house, and obtain signatures from other villagers.
Dream Suite: Talk to Isabelle while she is asleep at least seven days after the start of the game, and Dream Suite will be added to the public works list.
Fortune Teller Shop: Have your fortune read (which happens each time Katrina visits your town) 20 times. Then, speak to her, and the shop will be added to the public works list.
Garden Center: Pull 30 weeds, plant 30 flowers or trees, or water 30 plants.
Kicks: Spend 8,000 bells at the Able Sisters' shop.
Museum Shop: Donate 20 items (at least one per category) to the museum, and talk to Blathers daily. Eventually the shop will become a public works project.
QR Machine: Talk to Sable at the Able Sisters store for 10 consecutive days. The next day it will appear at the rear of the store.
Reset Center: Turn off the system without saving the game. Start the game again, and Mr. Resetti will state the Reset Center closed. It will then become a public works project.
Shampoodle: Spend 10,000 bells at the Able Sisters' or Kicks shop. Note: It must be at least 10 days since Kicks was built.
The Island Resort: Start the game after finishing an upgrade to a house. Tortimer will greet you at the start up; meet him at the docks. You can go one day later.
The Roost Café: Donate 50 items of any category to the museum, and have the Museum Shop already unlocked. Then, talk to Blathers seven days after the Museum Shop's opening.
Save the indicated number of bells at the ATM inside the post office to get the corresponding gift in the mail:
- ABD: 100,000,000 bells
- Aluminum briefcase: 5,000,000 bells
- Box of tissues: 100,000 bells
- Letter set: 500,000 bells
- Mailman's hat: 50,000,000 bells
- Piggy bank: 1,000,000 bells
- Post-office poster: 10,000,000 bells
- Safe: 20,000,000 bells
Get the indicated score from the HHA to unlock the corresponding bonus:
- Arched golden door: 700,000 (theme challenge)
- HHA pennant: 20,000
- HHA jacket: 30,000
- HHA tee: 10,000
- Gold exterior: 500,000 (theme challenge)
- Gold fence: 900,000 (theme challenge)
- Gold HHA plaque: 70,000
- Gold HHA trophy: 100,000
- Gold house model: 150,000
- Gold mailbox: 1,100,000 (theme challenge)
- Gold roof: 300,000 (theme challenge)
- Silver HHA plaque: 50,000
- Silver HHA trophy: 90,000
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding tool:
- Golden axe: Talk to Leif the sloth after purchasing 50 or more tree saplings from the gardening shop.
- Golden fishing rod: Talk to the fishing tournament host after catching every type of fish.
- Golden net: Talk to the bug catching tournament host after catching every type of bug.
- Golden shovel: Talk to Leif the sloth after purchasing 50 or more fertilizers from the gardening shop.
- Golden slingshot: Shoot down the present attached to three golden balloons.
- Golden watering can: Talk to Isabelle after having fifteen days of perfect environmental conditions.
- Silver axe: Purchase from the island shop for eight medals.
- Silver fishing rod: Purchase from the museum's second floor extension after donating 30 or more fish.
- Silver net: Purchase from the museum's second floor extension after donating 30 or more bugs.
- Silver shovel: Purchase from the museum's second floor extension after donating 15 or more fossils.
- Silver slingshot: Shoot down the present attached to two silver balloons.
- Silver watering can: Talk to Leif the sloth after purchasing 50 or more flower seeds from the gardening shop.
Successfully complete the indicated tasks to upgrade the Nookling store:
Super T&T: Have the T&T Mart open for ten days, and spend 25,000 bells at the store. Additionally, the Gardening store must have been open for ten days.
T&T Emporium: Have T.I.Y. open for 30 days, spend 100,000 bells at the store, and complete four Gracie Fashion Checks at Satisfactory level.
T&T Mart: Have your town open for ten days, and spend 12,000 bells in Nookling Junction. Additionally, you must have moved out of a tent.
T.I.Y: Have the Super T&T open for 21 days, and spend 50,000 bells at the store.
Unlock the second floor of the museum, then successfully complete the indicated task to make the corresponding item available for purchase at the gift shop:
- Dig-Site floor: Donate 30 fossils.
- Dig-Site wall: Donate all fossils.
- Jungle floor: Donate 50 bugs.
- Jungle wall: Donate all bugs.
- Museum model: Complete the museum.
- Paintball floor: Donate 20 works of art.
- Paintball wall: Donate all works of art.
- Silver net: Donate 30 bugs.
- Silver rod: Donate 30 fish.
- Silver shovel: Donate 15 fossils.
- Underwater floor: Donate 50 fish.
- Underwater wall: Donate all fish.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks, and Phineas will arrive in your town to give you the corresponding badge. Note: Badges appear as a section of your town's ID card.
- Amateur Turnip Trader: Earn 500,000 bells worth of profit in Joan's turnip trade.
- Avid Bell Saver: Deposit 1,000,000 or more bells into your savings account.
- Backyard Gardener: Plant over 100 trees and flowers from the state of seeds or sapplings.
- Balloon Buster: Shoot down 100 or more balloons.
- Balloon Hunter: Shoot down 30 or more balloons.
- Balloon Master: Shoot down 200 or more balloons.
- Bronze Medalist: Earn 300 or more medals from the tropical island's tour games.
- Catalog Maniac Bronze: Unlock 20% of Timmy & Tommy's shop catalog.
- Catalog Maniac Gold: Unlock 80% of Timmy & Tommy's shop catalog.
- Catalog Maniac Silver: Unlock 50% of Timmy & Tommy's shop catalog.
- Dive Master: Catch 1,000 or more sea creatures.
- Dreamer: Visit Dream Suite 50 times or more.
- Expert Angler: Catch 2,000 or more fish.
- Expert Bug Catcher: Catch 2,000 or more insects.
- Expert Shopper: Purchase 2 million bells worth of items at Timmy & Tommy's, Leif's gardening store, Abel Sisters, Kicks, GracieGrace, Redd's, or the Museum gift shop.
- Fish Encyclopedia: Catch 80% or more of the fish specimens.
- Fish Maniac: Catch 50% or more of the fish specimens.
- Gardening Specialist: Plant over 500 trees from the state of seeds or sapplings.
- Gold Medalist: Earn 5,000 or more medals from the tropical island's tour games.
- Good Host/Hostess: Invite more than 50 other players to visit your town.
- Good Samaritan: Help your neighbors by performing 50 favors for them.
- Good Shopper: Purchase 500,000 bells worth of items at Timmy & Tommy's, Leif's gardening store, Abel Sisters, Kicks, GracieGrace, Redd's, or the Museum gift shop.
- Goodwill Ambassador: Invite more than 500 other players to visit your town.
- Great Host/Hostess: Invite more than 200 other players to visit your town.
- Great Samaritan: Help your neighbors by performing 100 favors for them.
- Happy Homer Bronze: Earn 50,000 points or more from the Happy Home Academy (HHA).
- Happy Homer Gold: Earn 150,000 points or more from the Happy Home Academy (HHA).
- Happy Homer Silver: Earn 100,000 points or more from the Happy Home Academy (HHA).
- Heavy Sleeper: Visit the Dream Suite 200 times or more.
- Insect Encyclopedia: Catch 80% or more of the insect specimens.
- Insect Entomology: Complete the insect encyclopedia.
- Insect Maniac: Catch 50% or more of the insect specimens.
- K.K. Slider Diehard: Watch K.K. Slider perform at Club LOL on Saturday nights more than 100 times.
- K.K. Slider Fan: Watch K.K. Slider perform at Club LOL on Saturday nights more than 20 times.
- K.K. Slider Fanboy/Fangirl: Watch K.K. Slider perform at Club LOL on Saturday nights more than 50 times.
- Letter Author: Mail 100 or more letters.
- Letter Writter: Mail 50 or more letters.
- Master Angler: Catch 5,000 or more fish.
- Master Bug Catcher: Catch 5,000 or more insects.
- Master Shopper: Purchase 5 million bells worth of items at Timmy & Tommy's, Leif's gardening store, Abel Sisters, Kicks, GracieGrace, Redd's, or the Museum gift shop.
- Master Turnip Trader: Earn 10,000,000 bells worth of profit in Joan's turnip trade.
- Mr./Mrs. Sandman: Visit Dream Suite 500 times or more.
- Neighborhood Traveler: Visit a different town over 100 times.
- Postmaster: Mail 200 or more letters.
- Pro Diver: Catch 200 or more sea creatures.
- Pro Turnip Trader: Earn 3,000,000 bells worth of profit in Joan's turnip trade.
- Prof. of Ichthyology: Complete the fish encyclopedia.
- Prof. of Seafood: Complete the deep-sea encyclopedia.
- Refurbishing Beginner: Refurbish 30 or more items at Re-Tail.
- Refurbishing Expert: Refurbish 100 or more items at Re-Tail.
- Refurbishing Master: Refurbish 200 or more items at Re-Tail.
- Seafood Encyclopedia: Catch 80% or more of the deep-sea specimens.
- Seafood Maniac: Catch 50% or more of the deap-sea specimens.
- Silver Medalist: Earn 1500 or more medals from the tropical island's tour games.
- Skilled Angler: Catch 500 or more fish.
- Skilled Bug Catcher: Catch 500 or more insects.
- Skilled Diver: Catch 100 or more sea creatures.
- Space Traveler: Visit a different town over 500 times.
- Streetpass Beginner: Get tagged via Streetpass more than 100 times.
- Streetpass Expert: Get tagged via Streetpass more than 300 times.
- Streetpass Master: Get tagged via Streetpass more than 1000 times.
- Town Concierge: Help your neighbors by performing 300 favors for them.
- Tycoon Bell Saver: Deposit 100,000,000 or more bells into your post office savings account.
- Village Gardener: Plant over 250 trees and flowers from the state of seeds or sapplings.
- Village Leader: Exceed 200 hours of play time.
- Village of Honor: Exceed 500 hours of play time.
- Village Representative: Exceed 50 hours of play time.
- Wealthy Bell Saver: Deposit 10,000,000 or more bells into your savings account.
- Weed Buster: Pull 2,000 or more weeds.
- Weed Hunter: Pull 500 or more weeds.
- Weed Menace: Pull 5,000 or more weeds.
- World Traveler: Visit a different town over 250 times.
Purchase a Fortune Cookie from any of the Timmy and Tommy-owned stores, and trade in the corresponding Lucky Ticket for the indicated prize:
- 1-Up Mushroom: Fortune Cookie #24
- ? Block: Fortune Cookie #25
- Arwing: Fortune Cookie #36
- Bad Bro's Stache: Fortune Cookie #44
- Big Bro's Mustache: Fortune Cookie #45
- Bill Blaster: Fortune Cookie #28
- Block: Fortune Cookie #17
- Block Floor: Fortune Cookie #02
- Blue Falcon: Fortune Cookie #34
- Blue Pikmin: Fortune Cookie #14
- Coin: Fortune Cookie #18
- Fi Mask: Fortune Cookie #50
- Fire Bar: Fortune Cookie #27
- Fire Flower: Fortune Cookie #20
- Goal Pole: Fortune Cookie #19
- Green Shell: Fortune Cookie #22
- Hero's Boots: Fortune Cookie #49
- Hero's Cap: Fortune Cookie #08
- Hero's Clothes: Fortune Cookie #03
- Hero's Pants: Fortune Cookie #05
- Kart: Fortune Cookie #32
- Majora's Mask: Fortune Cookie #09
- Master Sword: Fortune Cookie #35
- Metroid: Fortune Cookie #47
- Midna's Mask: Fortune Cookie #11
- Mushroom Mural: Fortune Cookie #01
- Peach's Parasol: Fortune Cookie #07
- Pikmin: Fortune Cookie #33
- Pipe: Fortune Cookie #26
- Random Item: Fortune Cookie #38
- Random Item: Fortune Cookie #04
- Random Item: Fortune Cookie #06
- Random Item: Fortune Cookie #30
- Random Item: Fortune Cookie #16
- Red Pikmin: Fortune Cookie #13
- S.S. Dolphin: Fortune Cookie #39
- Samus Mask: Fortune Cookie #10
- Super Mushroom: Fortune Cookie #21
- Super Star: Fortune Cookie #23
- Toad Hat: Fortune Cookie #12
- Triforce: Fortune Cookie #37
- Triple Bananas: Fortune Cookie #48
- Triple Red Shells: Fortune Cookie #31
- Varia Suit: Fortune Cookie #46
- Varia Suit Pants: Fortune Cookie #42
- Varia Suit Shoes: Fortune Cookie #43
- Virtual Boy: Fortune Cookie #40
- Wii Balance Board: Fortune Cookie #41
- Yellow Pikmin: Fortune Cookie #15
- Yoshi's Egg: Fortune Cookie #29
First, go to a friend's town with the item(s) you want to duplicate. You can be connected locally or through the internet. Once you are off the train and in your friend's town, go outside, and drop the item(s) on the ground. Once the item(s) is on the ground, have your friend press Start, and choose "End the multiplayer session." The game will show you are leaving, and then the save screen will be displayed. There is a small circle icon in the lower right corner at save screen. It will begin rotating, starting at the top of the circle. Let the circle rotate once, then immediately press the wireless switch on the side of your 3DS. You must do this with perfect timing, as you can lose the item(s) if you do it too soon or you will not retain the item(s) if you do it too late. Once the switch has been pressed, you should get a Resetti screen. Then, you should be back in your town. If the glitch worked correctly, you should still have the item(s) in your inventory, and the item(s) should also still be on the ground in your friend's town. Repeat this process as many times as desired to duplicate any items. Note: It is recommended you first try this trick with an item you do not care to lose until you get it to work correctly.Easy bells
There is a rock in each town that can be repeatedly hit with a shovel or axe to get up to 16,000 bells (once per day). Once you have the silver shovel, there is a chance of making gems come out of the rock instead of bells. Additionally, you can take three gold gems to Cyrus, and he will make you a random piece of a special gold furniture set.Easy minerals
Every day there will be a special rock in your town. Hit it with a shovel or axe to break it and reveal a mineral. You can take these minerals to Cyrus (once he wakes up), and use them as a way to make your furniture different -- or you can just sell them.Easy bug and fish catching
When hunting for a certain type of catch (for example, sharks or palm tree bugs), search the area where you are looking for the creature. If the desired creature is not there, press Start, and choose the "Save And Continue" option. When the game resumes, the bug and fish spawns will be reset in the game.Choosing other gender's haircut
Get your hair cut in all the styles available for your gender. Then, Harriett will let you get a hairstyle normally offered for characters of the opposite gender.Secret photo filters
While having your TPC photo taken in the photo booth, hold L to apply a black and white filter or R for a sepia tone filter.Extra item space
When your inventory is full with items, you can store your items inside letters, preventing you from having to come back to collect whichever items you missed. This gives you 10 extra item spaces, which is especially useful for selling your bugs/fishes from the island.No bees
When bees appear, press Start, and select the "Save And Continue" option. When the game resumes, the bees will be gone, but the hive will still be on the ground.
To be able to safely shake trees for money and furniture without fear of getting attacked by bees, go to the train station, and open the train gate to visitors. Beehives will not spawn while the train gate is open.Town history
After your tree that was planted by the mayor has grown for a month, sit on the ledge for a few seconds to view the credits showing your town history.Cliff diving
Find a section of cliff that does not have a beach below it. Stand near the edge with the Wet Suit equipped, then press A.Swapping Club LOL Gyroids
Enter Club LOL in the morning or afternoon before the show. Walk on stage, and press A on one of the Gyroids to swap it with one from your inventory. This may change the back beat to some of KK's songs.Faster Tropical Resort travel
While Kapp'n is singing when traveling to the Tropical Resort, repeatedly tap B. He will eventually stop singing and drop you off after saying a few things.Balloons
When the last digit of the current time is "4", a balloon will appear on either side of your town if you are outside, allowing you to collect up to six balloon presents an hour.Hitting balloon presents with net
If a balloon presents come from the coastal side of town, go to the cliff the rest of town is on. Before the balloon reaches the cliff, hit it with your net. If the balloon present comes from the other side of the town, it will lower as the balloon reaches the cliff, allowing you to hit it with your net as well.