Use these five steps to complete the game, without viewing the entire game, in approximately thirty minutes:
1. Turn on all markers (marker switches to up positions and symbols to green). At the clock tower, rotate the small wheel twice and the large wheel eight to set the clock to 2:40. Cross the bridge, and turn on the switch.
2. Return to the dock, and turn off the marker switch (down position). Get the white page.
3. In the Library, look at the far right book on the middle shelf for the pattern for page 158.
4. Input the pattern on the door in the fireplace opening.
5. Save the game. Choose which ending to view, and deliver the appropriate page.
If you have completed the game, you will have been to D'ni, the place that you arrive in after you have used the green book in the library's fireplace. You will also notice that the floor is a mosaic, forming a picture of a man's face. That man is not Atrus, Sirrus, Achenar, or any other game character. The face belongs to Chuck Carter, who created a lot of the graphics for the game.