Successfully complete the game on any difficulty to unlock the cheat menu and Arcade mode. The cheat menu can be found at the options menu while playing the game.Cheat options
Collect the indicated number of intel pieces (enemy laptop computers) hidden throughout the game to unlock the corresponding cheat option:
COD Noir: 2 Intel pieces. Turns graphics black and white.
Photo-Negative: 4 Intel pieces. Inverts the colors.
Super Contrast: 6 Intel pieces. Increases the contrast.
Ragtime Warfare: 8 Intel pieces. Silent Movie mode; graphics are black and white, dust and scratches fill the screen, game plays at two times the speed, and the music becomes piano music.
Cluster Bombs: 10 Intel pieces. Frag grenades are more powerful.
A Bad Year: 15 Intel pieces. Enemies explode into tires when shot.
Slow-Mo Ability: 20 Intel pieces. Slow motion game play.
Infinite Ammo: 30 Intel pieces.
Successfully complete Story mode on any difficulty, and watch the entire credits to unlock the Mile High Club mission.All intel locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 30 intel computers. Collect all intel computers to get the "Eyes And Ears" and "Look Sharp" achievements and unlock several cheats (such as infinite ammo). None of them are missable. You can get them through mission select at any time. In mission select, you can view how many you have found in each mission. Your total number of intel can be seen in the "Intel Cheats" section of the main menu. While on a mission, you can also view the number of available intel by pausing the game. All intel pieces are saved instantly when picking them up. Thus, you can quit out to the main menu right after collecting them and not lose them. You do not have to collect them again if you die.
- 1. Crew Expendable - 0:05
- 2. Crew Expendable - 0:26
- 3. Blackout - 0:50
- 4. Blackout - 1:08
- 5. Charlie Don't Surf - 1:29
- 6. Charlie Don't Surf - 1:48
- 7. Charlie Don't Surf - 2:06
- 8. The Bog - 2:30
- 9. The Bog - 2:44
- 10. Hunted - 3:10
- 11. Hunted - 3:23
- 12. War Pig - 3:45
- 13. War Pig - 4:05
- 14. War Pig - 4:23
- 15. Shock and Awe - 4:41
- 16. Shock and Awe - 4:56
- 17. Safehouse - 5:23
- 18. Safehouse - 5:41
- 19. All Ghillied Up - 6:01
- 20. All Ghillied Up - 6:23
- 21. All Ghillied Up - 6:43
- 22. One Shot, One Kill - 7:19
- 23. One Shot, One Kill - 7:49
- 24. The Sins of the Father - 8:09
- 25. The Sins of the Father - 8:22
- 26. Ultimatum - 8:43
- 27. All In - 9:01
- 28. All In - 9:24
- 29. No Fighting in the War Room - 9:38
- 30. No Fighting in the War Room - 10:00
After meeting with Captain Price in Mission 1: F.N.G., you must do the Ship Training course. You must shoot several training targets while navigating through a cargo ship mockup. First, shoot the two targets in the middle, both with one hit as you pass by (line them up for one shot). Shoot the next target as you walk by, then the one downstairs. Immediately ready a flash grenade and throw it into the next room. Shoot the two targets while moving through the room and again the two targets in the next room. You will now reach the last two targets. Throw a flash grenade in the room and as you do, move out of the cargo ship and towards the ending point. While moving, shoot the two targets through the wall. If you were standing idle until the flash grenade explodes, you will lose 1-2 seconds. Moving and shooting through cover can make all the difference. Also, make sure to get the 3 second bonus for accuracy. Try to be as accurate as possible. This bonus will deduct 3 seconds from your actual time -- which is crucial to beating the 15.1 seconds requirement to get the "Best Of The Best" achievement.
The "Flyswatter" achievement is split across two sections of Mission 15: Heat. During the "Fall Back and Defend the Southwestern Approaches" objective is the first helicopter encounter of the mission. You can shoot down five helicopters with a minigun after defending the church and going up a hill. The minigun is inside a crashed helicopter. During the "Fall Back to the Farm to the North" objective, when you approach the farm, three helicopters will appear behind you. Quickly grab the three rocket launchers from the fence and shoot them down (from left to right). You will also get the "Bird On The Ground" achievement from doing this.Easy "Desert Storm" achievement
Halfway through Mission 2: Crew Expendable ("Secure The Package" objective), you will go through a corridor and get attacked by several enemies. Afterwards your team will throw a flashbang into the next room and kill the enemies for you (there is also an intel computer in the area). In that same area is a guy hiding behind a container. He always has a Desert Eagle. Just run around the side of the area to find him. Eliminate him, grab his gun, and kill 5 enemies with it in the next encounter to get the "Desert Storm" achievement.Easy "Ghillies In The Mist" achievement
In Mission 13: All Ghillied Up, you play as a sniper in a Ghillie suit and have to follow Captain MacMillan. Follow the captains instructions and take out the enemies stealthily. Always perform headshots and make sure the enemy bodies are not found and the kills are not noticed. This can be done on any difficulty, but the video was captured on the Veteran difficulty.
After killing the first group of enemies in Mission 13: All Ghillied Up, you will reach a church. Take out the guards and grab a stinger missile from inside the church. Exit through the backdoor and a helicopter will shortly appear. Shoot the stinger at the helicopter. Then, quickly run back inside and grab another stinger. Shoot the helicopter a second time to destroy it. This can be very tricky on the Veteran difficulty because the helicopter instantly kills you. Try it on the lowest difficulty if you run have any issues.Easy "Mile High Club" achievement
At the start of Mission 15: Heat, there is an old church on the right side. Climb up the ladder to the church tower. You will find a bunch of RPGs in the tower. Shoot all of them at the enemies below the tower. You will get "The Man In The High Tower" achievement once you have used up all the RPGs from the tower.Easy "Three Of A Kind" achievement
After going down the stairs at the very beginning of the "Crew Expendable" mission, knife the drunk soldier, then go into the room on right, and knife the two sleeping soldiers in the bed to get the "Three Of A Kind" achievement.Easy "Time Paradox" achievement
In Mission 14: One Shot, One Kill, there is a new Easter Egg that did not exist in the original Modern Warfare. In the Remastered version, you can see Makarov sitting in a car and shoot him. This will create a time paradox, meaning the events of Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 would never have happened had he died that day. At the very start of the mission, wait for approximately a minute and McMillan will tell you "It's now or never, take the shot." Then, snipe Zakhaev (the old man in the middle) and Makarov (the man sitting in the car to the left). Kill both of them quickly to get the "Time Paradox" achievement. Note: Due to the wind, the bullets may not hit exactly where you aim. Thus, shoot a few extra rounds to be on the safe side.Easy "Your Show Sucks" achievement
Throughout Mission 5: Charlie Don't Surf, you will find TVs with Al-Asad's speech playing. On the screens, you can see a man on a bright background. You must destroy all of these TVs. Computer screens and other TV screens do not count -- just the ones that show Al-Asad. Either shoot or knife them.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Deep and Hard: Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
- Best of the Best: Beat IW best time on the Ship Training course in 'F.N.G.' (15.1 sec).
- Master Ninja: Complete any level using only the knife to kill enemies.
- Mile High Club: Sky dive to safety on Veteran difficulty.
- The Bog: Complete 'The Bog' and 'War Pig' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Escape: Complete 'Hunted' and 'Death From Above' on Veteran difficulty.
- The First Horseman: Complete 'Shock and Awe' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Fourth Horseman: Complete 'Game Over' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Package: Complete 'Crew Expendable' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Rescue: Complete 'Blackout' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Search: Complete 'Charlie Don't Surf' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Second Horseman: Complete 'Safehouse' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Shot: Complete 'All Ghillied Up' and 'One Shot, One Kill' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Third Horseman: Complete 'Heat' and 'The Sins of the Father' on Veteran difficulty.
- The Ultimatum: Complete 'Ultimatum', 'All In', and 'No Fighting in the War Room' on Veteran difficulty.
- Weapon Master: Get a kill with each type of handheld gun, explosive and launcher in the single player campaign.
- Bird on the Ground: Shoot down an enemy helicopter with an RPG in the single player campaign.
- Dancing in the Dark: Kill the power.
- Daredevil: Kill an enemy while blinded by a flashbang in the single player campaign.
- Death From Above: Operate an AC-130 gun ship.
- Desert Storm: Find the Desert Eagle in 'Crew Expendable' and kill 5 enemies with it.
- Desperate Measures: Corner Zakhaev's Son.
- Dogs. I Hate Dogs.: Kill 20 attack dogs with a knife.
- Down Boy Down: Survive a dog attack.
- Earn a Winged Dagger: Complete 'F.N.G.'.
- Explosion Man: Kill 20 enemies with explosives in a single level.
- Eyes and Ears: Find 30 enemy intel items.
- Feel the Heat: Kill all 4 tanks on the overpass with the Javelin missile in 'The Bog'.
- Flyswatter: Destroy 8 enemy helicopters in 'Heat'.
- Four of a Kind: Kill 4 enemies in a row with headshots in the single player campaign.
- Ghillies In The Mist: Complete 'All Ghillied Up' without alerting any enemies.
- Look Sharp: Find 15 enemy intel items.
- Make the Jump: Infiltrate a cargo ship.
- Man of the People: Save the farmer.
- Man versus Machine: Alert the enemy helicopter in 'All Ghillied Up' and take it down.
- New Squadron Record: Complete the cargo ship mockup in less than 19 seconds.
- No Rest for the Weary: Stab an injured crawling enemy.
- Piggyback Ride: Carry Cpt. MacMillan to safety.
- Reinforcement Denied: Kill at least 3 rappelling enemies in a single rope.
- Rescue Roycewicz: Save Pvt. Roycewicz on the stairs.
- Retro Shooter: Complete any level without reloading your weapon (excluding 'The Coup' and 'Aftermath').
- Roadkill: Kill 2 enemies by blowing up a car in the single player campaign.
- Save the Bacon: Protect 'War Pig', the Abrams tank.
- Straight Flush: Kill 5 enemies with one shot while in the AC-130 gunship.
- The Man in the High Tower: Find and use the hidden cache in 'Heat'.
- Three of a Kind: Kill 3 enemies in a row with your knife in the single player campaign.
- Win the War: Complete the game on any difficulty.
- Wrong Number: Find Al-Asad's safehouse.
- Your Show Sucks: Destroy all the TVs showing Al-Asad's speech.
- Time Paradox: Kill Makarov and complete your mission.