Note: This requires a program such as "Dragon Unpacker" that can extract .FPK files. Go to the "/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid_Meier's_Civilization_Beyond_Earth/Resource/common" folder. Extract the files in the "MiscData.fpk" archive to get all the music from the game in MP3 format.
In the Steam version, go to your library, and Right Click on "Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth". Select "Properties", then choose the "Betas" tab in the window that appears. Type "soundtrackplease" into the "Access Code" field, and click "Check Code". Select the "Soundtrack" beta from the pull-down menu. Enter the game directory, usually in "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\" to access the .MP3 files.Affinity bonuses
Reach the indicated level in the listed affinity to get the corresponding bonus:
- Level 1: Alien aggression levels return to neutral twice as quickly.
- Level 3: Units take 5 HP less damage from Miasma.
- Level 6: Units heal 5 HP in Miasma.
- Level 8: Four Xenomass resources for free.
- Level 11: Call Worm Strike Operation can be performed by Covert Agents.
- Level 13: Mind Flower can be constructed for Transcendence Victory Quest.
- Level 1: Aliens will not attack tiles with Explorer Units.
- Level 3: +20% Strength and Ranged Strength when attacking or defending against aliens.
- Level 6: +2 Orbital Coverage in all cities.
- Level 8: Four Floatstone resources for free.
- Level 11: Dirty Bomb Operation can be performed by Covert Agents.
- Level 13: Exodus Gate can be constructed for the Promised Land Victory Quest.
- Level 1: Explorer units can build an additional Expedition.
- Level 3: Roads and Magrails do not cost any energy to maintain.
- Level 6: Orbital Coverage on and next to any tile with Firaxite.
- Level 8: Four Firaxite resources for free.
- Level 11: Sabotage Operation can be performed by Covert Agents.
- Level 13: Emancipation Gate can be constructed for the Emancipation Victory Quest.
The following bonuses are available to Orbitals after enough research has been done in the Technology Web:
|All-Seer||Dark Networks||Protects city from Intrigue|
|Deep Space Telescope||Orbital Automation||25% City Science bonus and discovers "The Signal"|
|Holomatrix||Civil Support||+2 Culture for overseen tiles; cities within range have -50% Intrigue|
|Lasercom Satellite||Orbital Networks||15% City Science bonus|
|Miasmic Condenser||Alien Ecology||Generates miasma|
|Miasmic Repulsor||Ecology||Clears miasma|
|Orbital Fabricator||Geoscaping||+1 Production for overseen tiles, adds strategic resources over time|
|Orbital Laser||Cybernetics||Attacks with 70 ranged Combat Strength|
|Phasal Transporter||Cybernetics||Teleport units from friendly cities to overseen areas|
|Planet Carver||Astrodynamics||Attacks with 120 ranged Combat Strength|
|Solar Collector||Photosystems||+1 Energy for overseen tiles;+20% Energy Creation in cities|
|Tacnet Hub||Communications||+20% Combat Strength to friendly units and +5 HP Healing per turn|
|Weather Controller||Climate Control||+1 Food for overseen tiles; adds basic resources over time|
There are four separate Virtue trees: Might, Prosperity, Knowledge, and Industry, each of which are divided into three tiers. You must collect a certain amount of Virtues in a specific tier to unlock the next tier. Buildings and resources that produce large amounts of Culture will help you gain Virtues.
- 5 Virtues: +5% Strength and Ranged Strength for all units.
- 10 Virtues: +5% Strength and Ranged Strength for all units.
- 15 Virtues: Choose one free Affinity level.
- 5 Virtues: +10% Growth in every city.
- 10 Virtues: +1 Health for every city.
- 15 Virtues: +50% Orbital Coverage radius from cities.
- 5 Virtues: +10% Culture in every city.
- 10 Virtues: +10% Science in every city.
- 15 Virtues: Choose one free technology.
- 5 Virtues: +10% Energy in every city.
- 10 Virtues: +10% Production in every city.
- 15 Virtues: Earn 1% of stockpiled Energy amount every turn, up to 100 Energy.
The following Virtues are available under each tier:
- Adaptive Tactics: +50% Experience from combat.
- Liberation Army: After conquering an enemy Outpost, automatically find an Outpost of your own in its place.
- Military-Industrial Complex: +15% Production toward Military units.
- Public Security: +0.25 health for every Military unit under your command.
- Survivalism: 25% Strength and Ranged Strength against alien life forms.
- Adaptive Sciences: +20% Affinity earned from researching technologies.
- Army Engineering Corps: +1 Energy and Production from every Strategic Resource.
- Martial Meditations: Choose one free Affinity level.
- Scavenging: Earn 100% of an alien lifeform's Strength as Science after killing it, and 40 Science from destroying alien nests.
- Special Service: +40% Intrigue from Covert Operations.
- Brutal Efficiency: +50% quantity from sources of Strategic Resources.
- Channeled Wrath: +10% Strength and Ranged Strength for all units.
- Democratized Quartering: -50% maintenance for units.
- Integrated Arms: +10% Production toward a unit for each upgrade.
- Joint Operations: +3 Orbital Coverage provided by Stations you trade with.
- Colony Initiative: Gain a free Colonist unit.
- Frugality: +10% Food retained after a city grows.
- Helping Hands: +15% build speed for Tile Improvements.
- Homesteading: +30% speed toward Outpost growth.
- Workforce Initiative: Gain a free Worker unit.
- Gift Economy: +3 Energy from your land and sea-based Trade Routes to foreign cities.
- Mind over Matter: +7 health.
- Pathfinders: Explorer units can build 3 additional Expeditions.
- Pioneer Spirit: -25% Culture needed for border expansion.
- Settler Clans: +2 Population for newly founded cities.
- Ecoscaping: +1 Food, Production, and Culture from every Terrascape.
- Eudaimonia: 25% less negative health.
- Hands Never Idle: +2 Energy from any population acting as a Specialist.
- Joy from Variety: +1 Health for each type of Basic Resource that is improved.
- Nature's Bounty: +1 Production from every Basic Resource.
- Creative Class: Earn extra Culture equal to 30% of net positive health.
- Field Research: Earn 20 Science from finishing an Expedition.
- Foresight: +10% Science when healthy.
- Laboratory Apprenticeship: Each city tile generates +0.25 Science for every population.
- Social Mores: Each city tile generates +0.25 Culture for every population.
- Applied Aesthetics: Earn extra Energy equal to 30% of the Culture you generate.
- Cohesive Values: -10% Culture needed for new Virtues.
- Community Medicine: +1 Health for every 6 population in a city.
- Memeweb: -40% Culture penalty from the number of cities for new Virtues.
- Networked Datalinks: -40% Science penalty from the number of cities for new technologies.
- Information Warfare: Recruit 1 new Covert Agent.
- Learning Centers: +2 Science from every Academy Improvement.
- Metaresearch Methods: Leaf technologies cost 10% less Science.
- Monomyth: +7 Culture for every Great Wonder.
- Technoartisans: Earn extra Science equal to 15% of the Culture you generate.
- Central Planning: +5 Energy in the Capital.
- Commoditization: +1 Energy from every Basic Resource.
- Labor Logistics: +10% Production toward Buildings.
- Scalable Infrastructure: +15% Production toward Wonders.
- Standardized Architecture: +25% Production toward Buildings which have already been built in the Capital.
- Alternative Markets: Trade Routes with Stations grant +6 Energy per Station tier.
- Entrepreneurial Spaceflight: +25% Production toward Orbital Units.
- Interdependence Network: +25% more yields from your Trade Routes to your own cities.
- Investment: Earn 1% of stockpiled Energy amount every turn, up to 100 Energy.
- Profiteering: +0.5 Health for every Trade unit under your command.
- Civic Duty: Each city tile generates +0.5 Production for every population.
- Liquidity: -20% Energy cost to purchase units.
- Magnasanti: Each City generates +0.2 health for every building.
- Social Investment: +2 Production from every Manufactory Improvement.
- Superior Engineering: Orbital Units stay in orbit 50% longer before de-orbiting.
Specialist workers work inside a building's slots, adding to your city's bonuses:
- Artists: Adds +2 Culture and works on Holosuite, CEL Cradle, and Soma Distillery
- Engineer: Adds +2 Production and works on Autoplant, Alloy Foundry, and Node Bank
- Trader: Adds +2 Energy and works on Thorium Reactor, Petrochemical Plant, Field Reactor, Biofuel Plant, and Xenofuel Plant
- Scientist: Adds +3 Science and works on Xenonursery, Institute, Gene Smelter, and Nanopasture
- Grower: Adds +2 Food and works on Cloning Plant, Mass Digester, and Civil Creche
- Unemployed: Adds +1 Production
The following types of terrain hexes will give the corresponding bonus:
- Canyon: No bonus
- Coast: +1 Food and +1 Energy
- Desert: No bonus
- Grassland: +2 to Food
- Hills: +1 to Production and +25% Combat Modifiers
- Lake: +2 to Food and +1 to Energy
- Mountain/Crater: 25% Combat Modifiers
- Ocean: +1 to Food
- Plains: +1 to Food and +1 to Production
- Snow and Tundra: No bonus
Features are elements that appear on a specific terrain hex. They can also give the following bonuses:
- Flood Plain: +2 to Food
- Forest: +1 to Food, +1 to Production, and 25% Combat Modifiers
- Ice: No bonus
- Marsh: -1 penalty to Food and -15% Combat Modifier
- Miasma: No bonus
- Rivers: +1 Energy to all hexes they run along; enemies attacking through rivers have 20% Combat Strength penalty
The following basic resources provide the indicated bonus:
- Algae: +1 to Food
- Basalt: +2 to Production
- Chitin: +1 to Food
- Copper: +1 to Energy
- Coral: +1 to Culture
- Fiber: +1 to Production
- Fruit: +1 to Food
- Fungus: +1 to Food
- Gold: +1 to Culture
- Resilin: +1 to Production
- Silica: +2 to Science
- Tubers: +1 to Food
Strategic resources require various improvements before they can be collected. Most of them are used by specific units.
|Resource||Improvement required||Unit that requires resource||Bonus granted|
|Firaxite||Firaxite Mine||Supremacy units|
|Floatstone||Floatstone Quarry||Purity units|
|Geothermal Energy||Geothermal Well||+2 to Energy|
|Petroleum||Petroleum Well||Mechanical and Orbital Units|
|Titanium||Petroleum Well||Air and Orbital Units|
To get more Science to accelerate your research, invest in buildings (for example, labs and clinics) that result in more beakers. Also, excavate as much Silica as possible, and use the following Knowledge Virtues:
- Foresight: +10% Science when your nation is healthy
- Field Research: Increases Science when you complete each expedition
- Laboratory Apprenticeship: Generates Science from every citizen in your cities
- Networked Datalinks: Reduces the Science penalty from the number of cities in your nation
- Metaresearch Methods: Reduces the cost of Leaf Technologies
- Learning Centers: +2 Science from academies
- Technoartisans: Earn extra Science from your Culture output
The cost, requirements, and rewards granted from each technology type is as follows:
|Alien Adaptation||770||Alien Sciences||Alien preserve (building), +1 Culture from Paddocks|
|Alien Biology||249||Ecology||Alien preserve (building), +1 Culture from Paddocks|
|Alien Domestication||1820||Alien Ethics||Alien preserve (building), +1 Culture from Paddocks|
|Alien Ecology||770||Alien Sciences|
|Alien Ethics||1160||Alien Sciences|
|Alien Evolution||3216||Artificial Evolution|
|Alien Genetics||770||Genetic Design|
|Alien Materials||3216||Artificial Evolution|
|Alien Sciences||380||Ecology or Genetics|
|Artificial Evolution||2480||Alien Ethics or Transgenics|
|Artificial Intelligence||770||Fabrication or Computing|
|Bioengineering||2480||Biology or Organics|
|Cognition||770||Genetics or Organics|
|Computing||380||Engineering or Ecology|
|Exotic Matter||3216||Field Theory|
|Fabrication||770||Engineering, Mechatronics, Artificial Intelligence|
|Human Conservation||3216||Social Dynamics|
|Human Idealism||3216||Social Dynamics|
|Mechatronics||1160||Robotics or Fabrication|
|Organics||770||Chemistry, Biology, or Cognition|
|Robotics||380||Physics or Engineering|
|Seismic Induction||3216||Planetary Engineering|
|Social Dynamics||2480||Cognition or Genetic Design|
|Swarm Intelligence||1160||Artificial Intelligence|
|Synthetic Thought||1160||Artificial Intelligence|
The following stations produce the corresponding resource(s):
- Adept Blue: 2 Food, 2 Science
- Banu Musa: 4 Science
- Camp Cascade: 2 Food, 2 Energy
- Church of Dawn’s Light: 1 Food, 3 Culture
- Far Base One: 2 Science, 2 Energy
- Fort Barca: 2 Production, 2 Energy
- Golden Bell Temple: 1 Food, 2 Culture, 1 Energy
- Hekima: 3 Food, 1 Culture
- Jinsoku Labs: 2 Science, 2 Production
- Keagungan: 2 Culture, 2 Science
- Lalibela: 4 Culture
- New Babylon: 2 Culture, 2 Energy
- Omoikane: 4 Food
- Palatine: 4 Culture
- Red Sun: 4 Energy
- Shackleton: 1 Culture, 2 Science, 1 Production
- Stet Mining: 4 Production
The following health states produce various bonuses or penalties:
- Panicked: -20 health and lower. Results in -10% Production, Science, and Culture; double Intrigue from enemy actions; 50% reduced city growth; and -50% outpost growth.
- Troubled: -10 to -19 health. Results in -10% Production, Science, and Culture; and double Intrigue from enemy actions.
- Shaky: -1 to -9 health. Results in -10% Science and Culture.
- Stable: 0 to 9 health. Results in +20% outpost growth.
- Prosperous: 10 to 19 health. Results in +10% Production, +20% outpost growth, and -50% Intrigue from enemy actions.
- Utopian: 20 and greater health. Results in +10% Production, Science, and Culture; +20% outpost growth, and -50% Intrigue from enemy actions.
Diplomatic relations with other colonies is determined by diplomatic states and any existing diplomatic agreements. Diplomatic agreements are acts or gestures that can either improve or deteriorate your relationship with a rival.
- Friendly: Similarities in government or other interests have brought you close to this colony.
- Guarded: Negotiations are not as likely to go well, but war can still be averted with some effort.
- Hostile: The rival colony is upset with your own. War is highly likely.
- Neutral: Your rival has balanced or minimal feelings about your colony.
- Peace: Cannot attack rival units or enter their territory without an open borders agreement. The peace lasts until the end of a cease-fire agreement, after which it reverts to neutral status.
- Alliance: Gain open borders and cooperation agreements with the colony and automatically declare war if they enter into war with any third party.
- Condemnation: One colony lowers their diplomatic status with another, which can lead to war.
- Cooperation Agreement: Gain increased trade benefits from international routes to the colony, and gain line of sight from their covert agents in third-party territories.
- Open Borders: Can travel in the other colony's territory without provoking war. This is only possible when you are at least at a neutral state with your rival.
Press one of the following keys to activate the corresponding action:
|Trade Route Overview||[F10]|
|Quick Load||[Ctrl] + [F11]|
|City Manager View||[Insert]|
|Zoom In||[Page Up]|
|Zoom Out||[Page Down]|
|Hex Grid||[Shift] + G|
|Orbital Layer||[Shift] + O|
|Show Resource Icons||[Shift] + R|
|Show Yield Icons||[Shift] + Y|
|Covert Ops Overview||[Ctrl] + E|
|Load||[Ctrl] + L|
|Save||[Ctrl] + S|
|Delete the Unit||[Delete]|
|Attack||[Ctrl] + A|
|Set up Artillery||S|
|Fortify until Healed||H|
|Rebase Mode||[Alt] + R|
|Air Strike Mode||S|
|Air Sweep||[Alt] + S|
|Build Improvements (Automated)||A|
|Repair an Improvement||P|
|Construct a Road||R|
|Construct a Magrail||E|
|Route to Mode||[Shift] + [Ctrl] + R|
|Remove Road||[Alt] + R|
|Clear a Marsh||[Alt] + I|
|Construct a Farm||L|
|Construct a Generator||G|
|Construct a Paddock||I|
|Construct a Mine||I|
|Construct a Plantation||I|
|Construct a Quarry||I|
|Construct a Work Barge||I|
|Construct a Terrascape||T|
|Construct a Node||O|
|Construct an Array||D|
|Construct a Dome||U|
|Construct a Biowell||Y|
|Construct a Manufactory||W|
|Construct an Academy||Q|
|Construct a Geothermal Well||I|
|Construct a Petroleum Well||I|
|Remove Forest||[Alt] + I|
|Cancel Last Mission||Backspace|
|Construct an Expedition||I|
|Construct a Xenomass Well||I|
|Construct a Float Stone Quarry||I|
|Construct a Firaxite Mine||I|
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- 42: Research All Techs.
- 8 Days or Bust: Win a game on Gemini Difficulty.
- A Fistful of Dollars: Unlock All Tier 1 Virtue Synergy Bonuses.
- A Planet the Very Brother of Your Own: Win game on Terran Map.
- Aim to Misbehave: Win a game on a Duel Map.
- Beep... Beep.... Beep...: Win a game on Sputnik Difficulty.
- Chief Extraterrestrial Officer: Win a game as Fielding.
- C'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?: Fully explore the Might virtue tree.
- Cruel and Unusual Geography: Win game on Equatorial Map.
- Cylon Computer Virus: Win a multiplayer game.
- Enemy Within: Kill an enemy spy.
- Energize: Develop a city to produce more than 100 energy per turn.
- Father of Nations: Win a game as Barre.
- Fearful Symmetry: Win game on Skirmish Map.
- For A Few Dollars More: Unlock All Tier 2 Virtue Synergy Bonuses.
- Gagarin's Legacy: Win a game as Kozlov.
- Game over, man!: One Hit Kill.
- Godspeed: Win a game on Mercury Difficulty.
- Grand Galactic Inquisitor: Win at least one game with each leader.
- Homo Aliena: Achieve Max Level in Harmony.
- I'm in the middle of some calibrations: Play with a Mod.
- I'm On Another Boat: Embark a unit.
- It's Full of Stars: Achieve Transcendence.
- I've made a lot of special modifications myself: Download a mod.
- Just Like Voskhod 2: Win game on Taigan Map.
- Light This Candle: Launch an orbital unit.
- Live Long and Prosper: Fully explore the Prosperity virtue tree.
- Logic is the beginning of wisdom: Fully explore the Knowledge virtue tree.
- Making Way for a Hyperspace Bypass: Raze 100 Alien nests.
- Mark II: Upgrade a Unit.
- Mighty Fine Shindig: Develop a city to produce more than 100 culture per turn.
- Moksha: Win a game as Kavitha.
- Never Surrender: Win a game as Bolivar.
- No bucks, No Buck Rogers: Fully explore the Industry virtue tree.
- Once Upon A Time In Space: Unlock All Tier 3 Virtue Synergy Bonuses.
- Order of Lenin: Win a game on Soyuz Difficulty.
- Pale Blue Dot: Win a game on a Standard Map.
- Patent Pending: Steal a tech.
- Phone Home: Achieve Promised land.
- Planned Obsolescence: Achieve Emancipation.
- Poseidon's Children: Win game on Atlantean Map.
- Resistance is Futile: Achieve Domination Victory.
- Rules of Acquisition: Purchase 1000 Tiles.
- Shining Path: Win a game as Daoming.
- So Say We All: Achieve Max Level in Purity.
- Steely Eyed Missile Man: Achieve one of each other victory.
- That New Planet Smell: Win game on Protean Map.
- That's No Moon: Win a game on a Small Map.
- The Art of the Infinite: Win a game as Élodie.
- The Big Payoff: Win a game as Hutama.
- The Eagle Has Landed: Win a game on Apollo Difficulty.
- The Machineries of Joy: Build any wonder.
- The Only Good Bug is a Dead Bug: 500 Aliens Killed.
- The Sound Of Inevitability: Achieve Max Level in Supremacy.
- The View is Tremendous: Win a game on a Large Map.
- There is no Try: Get beaten to wonders 10 times.
- Tiny Big Planet: Win a game on a Tiny Map.
- United Federation of Planets: Win at least one game on each map size and type.
- Valley of the Time Tombs: Build all wonders.
- Walk Without Rhythm: Killed Siege Worm.
- We Are Not Alone: Achieve Contact Victory.
- What Was Once Only Imagined: Develop a city to produce more than 100 science per turn.
- When Maui Came To This World: Win game on Archipelago Map.
- Поехали! (Pojexali!): Win a game on Vostok Difficulty.