Speed Run Guide
Successfully complete the game to unlock the Madhouse difficulty. The following things change in Madhouse mode:
- Health does not regenerate.
- Enemies and Stalkers appear more frequently, and in new locations.
- Additional Antique Coins (33 in total) and more locked item bird cages.
- New items; Cassette Taps must be collected and used for manual saves.
- Fewer items; many items from the Easy and Normal difficulty have been removed.
- Few auto-saves. You almost always restart from your last manual Save Room file.
Successfully complete the game on the Madhouse difficulty to get unlimited ammunition."The Essence Of Defense" item
Destroy all 20 Mr. Everywhere Statues to unlock "The Essence Of Defense" item, which causes you to take less damage from blocking. You can add it to your inventory from the item box when you reload a save or start a new game. Note: If both "The Essence Of Defense" and "The Secrets Of Defense" are in your inventory, blocks will negate 100% damage every time."The Secrets Of Defense" item
Successfully complete the game on the Easy or Normal difficulty to unlock "The Secrets Of Defense" item, which causes you to take less damage from blocking. You can add it to your inventory from the item box when you reload a save or start a new game. Note: If both "The Essence Of Defense" and "The Secrets Of Defense" are in your inventory, blocks will negate 100% damage every time.Walking Shoes
Destroy all 20 Mr. Everywhere Statues to unlock the Walking Shoes, which increase your character's movement speed. You can add it to your inventory from the item box when you reload a save or start a new game.X-Ray Glasses
Successfully complete the game on any difficulty in under four hours to unlock the X-Ray Glasses, which improve your character's vision with permanent Psychostimulant effect. You can add it to your inventory from the item box when you reload a save or start a new game.Weapons
Search the indicated location or complete the indicated task to get the corresponding weapon:
M19 Handgun: It is found in the first room on the right as you enter the attic (Guest House 2F). It is next to a box of bullets and a first aid med bottle.
Knife: It is given by the Deputy through the window (Main House 1F). You cannot miss it.
G17 Handgun: It is found in the garage (Main House 1F) during the first Jack Boss fight. Grab the Deputy's lost gun off the ground during the battle.
Broken Handgun: Once you get outside the house, you will find a trailer. The Broken Handgun is on the bed inside the trailer. You must use a Repair Kit to fix it and get the M19 Handgun again.
M37 Shotgun and M21 Shotgun: The M37 Shotgun is a powerful weapon that can be found in the Main Hall of the the building where you meet family Baker. First, get the Scorpion Key. It is found in the cellar with the slime monsters. The key is sticking out of a piece of meat. Next, use the Scorpion Key on the recreation room upstairs (go up the stairs from the Main Hall) to find the broken shotgun inside. Then, go back downstairs to the Main Hall (Main House 1F) and take the M37 Shotgun from the soldier statue's hands and replace it with the broken shotgun to make the door behind you open so you can escape. You can also repair the broken shotgun to get the M21 Shotgun. After escaping to the Yard, look under the porch to find a removable metal part. Behind it is a box that contains a Repair Kit. Combine it with the broken shotgun to get the M21 Shotgun. It only carries two shells, but they are much more powerful than the M37 Shotgun. This weapon is very helpful for difficult areas towards the end of the game.
Burner: First, find the Burner Grip and Burner Nozzle in the Old House. The Burner Grip is found in a trash can on the deck outside the Gallery, near the bridge to the Save Room. The Burner Nozzle is found in the Water Station of the Old House. Combine both parts to create the flamethrower. This weapon is required to progress further into the Old House.
44 MAG: This powerful pistol is only available if you collect 9 Antique Coins and spend them in the Yard. The Trailer Save Room contains several bird cages with items inside. Use the Antique Coins to unlock the cage to get the 44 MAG.
Grenade Launcher: After getting the Crow Key, return to the Drawing Room on the first floor of the Main House to find the Grenade Launcher inside the supply closet.
MPM Handgun: This standard pistol is found in the lower-left office (Maintenance Room) on the first floor of the Wrecked Ship. It is easy to miss -- so go there as soon as possible.
Survival Knife: It is found on the bench, just outside the elevator doors on Wrecked Ship 2F. You must collect it if you want to survive on the Wrecked Ship for long. Note: This weapon transfers to Ethan after completing the Wrecked Ship.
P19 Machine Gun: This weapon has to be acquired by Mia on the Wrecked Ship. First, go to the second floor and enter the Lounge. There are a bunch of paintings on the wall; the ones on the left have to match the ones on the right. Complete the puzzle and grab the Corrosive from inside the safe. Then, go to the bottom part of the bunks and open the door to find the Captain's Key inside a drawer. Finally, go to the fourth floor and enter the Captain's room to find the P19 Machine Gun. Note: This weapon transfers to Ethan after completing the Wrecked Ship.
Albert-01R Handgun: Successfully complete the game on the Easy or Normal difficulty. The Albert-01R Handgun allows you to kill most enemies with a single shot.
Circular Saw: Successfully complete the game on any difficulty in under four hours. The Circular Saw can do a massive amount of damage and kill some Bosses within seconds. It also does not consume any ammo and can be infinitely used, making it the best choice for a melee weapon.
Search the indicated locations to find all four Steroid syringes, which permanently increase your character's maximum health. Since steroids also refill your health, try to use them when you are low on health.
1. First, find the treasure photo located on the metal shelves near where you find the Scorpion Key in the Processing Area. Then, go to the Main House 1F, Drawing Room. Interact with one of the fireplace stones to remove the Steroids.
2. It is sold in the Yard, Trailer save room. Insert four Antique Coins on the Easy or Normal difficulty to unlock it.
3. It is located in Testing Area 1F (before the Barn), which can only be unlocked using the red and blue keycards. To get the red keycard, go to the master bedroom on the second floor after getting the Snake Key. Then, set the alarm clock to display 10:15 to open a new passage. Go inside the passage leading to the workshop to find the red keycard on the corpse. To get the blue keycard, go to Jacob's room after you get the Snake Key. Once inside, interact with the table lamp to lower the ravel. Climb up and open the dollhouse to find the blue keycard. Once you have both keycards, enter the storage room to find the Steroid syringe inside a safe. Note: Make sure to get the Steroids before triggering the Boss fight.Very easy to miss. Find the final Steroids in the Salt Mine, in the first room of the secret lab. Look between the two bathtubs in the first room of the Secret Lab, to the right of the exit door to spot this well-hidden steroids syringe.
4. Once you reach the Salt Mine, search for the Steroid syringe between the two bathtubs in the first room of the Secret Lab, to the right of the exit door.
Search the indicated locations to find both Stabilizers, which permanently increase your weapon reload speed increase.
1. It is sold in the Yard, Trailer save room. Insert five Antique Coins on the Easy or Normal difficulty to unlock it.
2. Complete the hidden Projector puzzle in the Yard to unlock it. Get the Toy Axe from the Attic (accessible through the Kid's Room after collecting the Snake Key), and place it on the pedestal in the Yard. The Projector puzzle is behind the bushes, to the left of the Testing Area entrance. Turn the Toy Axe so it projects a "7" to open the chest.
Search the indicated location to find an inventory slots upgrade. They look like large camping bags, and each one increases your available item slots by four.
1. Search for it near the Cassette Recorder in the Old House, where you manually save the game. There is only one Cassette Recorder in this area, and it is marked on the map.
2. Go up the stairs in the main hall and open the door to the master bedroom after getting the Serpent Key to find it inside.
3. When you first arrive on the Old Ship, there will be a door that requires a fuse to be opened. You have to get the fuse as part of the story to progress further. On the opposite site of the fuse door is a locked door. Behind it is the inventory slots upgrade. You must continue playing the story for quite a while to enter the locked door. Eventually you will get a usable item called Corrosive (which is unmissable and must be obtained as part of the story). You will later have to get back the fuse from earlier to repair an elevator. While you do that, go to the locked door and open it with the Corrosive to get the upgrade.
Search the indicated locations to find both Repair Kits. There are only two Repair Kits and two broken weapons in the game. The broken shotgun gives the M21 Shotgun and the broken handgun gives the M19 Handgun.
1. The first Repair Kit can be found inside the third large house that requires two keycards. To get the red keycard, go to the master bedroom on the second floor after getting the Snake Key. Then, set the alarm clock to display 10:15 to open a new passage. Go inside the passage leading to the workshop to find the red keycard on the corpse. To get the blue keycard, go to Jacob's room after you get the Snake Key. Once inside, interact with the table lamp to lower the ravel. Climb up and open the dollhouse to find the blue keycard. You also must find the treasure photo, which is located in the Storage Room on the second floor. Check the stool on the left-hand side to find the treasure photo. Once you have all of these items, go to the Testing Area and use the keycards to enter it. Then, interact with the mannequin head inside the fourth room to get the Repair Kit.
2. The second Repair Kit can be found by going towards the Main House from the Trailer. Do not go up the steps. Look for a metal cover between the stairs. Remove the cover to reveal a small hidden area with the Repair Kit.
There are three special photos in the game that spawn a rare item. These items will only appear if you have collected and examined the indicated photo. Search the indicated locations to find all three special photos:
1. The photo is located on the metal shelves near where you find the Scorpion Key in the Processing Area. The treasure is located in the Main House 1F, Drawing Room. Interact with one of the fireplace stones to remove it. The reward is Steroids, which gives your character a permanent health upgrade.
2. The photo is located in the Old House, Yard. It is pinned to the covered stairwell on the exterior of the Greenhouse section of the Old House. You can first get the photo after following Marguerite through the underground tunnel and climbing out through the well. The treasure is located in the Yard, Trailer. Look in the toilet bowl of the trailer to find three 44 MAG ammo.
3. The photo is located in the Main House 3F, Supplies. Look in the Supplies closet connected to the Master Bedroom. It is on the red stool to the left as you enter. The treasure is located in the Testing Area 2F. Continue following the linear path to the third room. It is next to the cage with a mannequin head in the corner. The reward is a Repair Kit. You can combine it with the Broken Shotgun or Broken Pistol to get a new weapon.
There are two endings in the game. Unlocking both endings is required to get the "End Of Night" and "Just A Memory Now" achievements. After defeating the huge mutant Boss, you must decide whether to cure Mia or Zoe. There is only enough serum to cure one of them. Curing Mia unlocks the first (good) ending and curing Zoe unlocks the second (bad) ending. After making that choice, it is still quite a while before getting the ending. These events occur at roughly 66% story progress.
There are two endings in the "Daughters" scenario in the "Banned Footage Vol. 2" DLC. Unlocking both endings is required to get the "Butterfly Effect" and "One Instinct: Survival" achievements. Successfully complete the following tasks to get the corresponding ending:
1. Get the "Change Of Clothes" from the Main House 1F: Laundry Room.
2. Go to the Main House 2F: Kid's Room and give the "Change Of Clothes" to Eveline.
3. Go to the Main House 1F: Dining Area to find Lucas.
4. Go to the Main House 2F: Bathroom to find Marguerite.
5. Go to the Main House 1F: Garage and collect the "Rope" from the metal shelf.
6. Go back to the Main House 2F: Bathroom to trigger a Stalker event.
7. Run to the Main House 2F: Recreation Room to escape. In the Recreation Room, use the "Rope" to lock the door and keep the Stalker out.
8. Go to the room connected to the Recreation Room (Grandma's Room) and collect the "Fork" from the end table.
9. Use the "Fork" on the boarded windows near the statue. Interact with the Main Hall boarded door.
10. Go to the Main House 1F double doors in the Main Hall while avoiding the Stalker. Go through the double doors to get the "Car Key", then retreat to the Main House 1F: Laundry Room.
11. Use the Main House 1F: Laundry Room crawlspace to reach the Pantry. Sneak past the Stalker, and enter the Main House 1F: Garage.
12. Enter the car and start the engine to complete the scenario.
1. Instead of getting the "Change Of Clothes", look at Lucas' phone to get the "1019" code.
2. Get the "Lock Pick" in the crawlspace beneath the Main House 1F: Pantry.
3. Collect the "Change Of Clothes" from the Main House 1F: Laundry Room.
4. Go to the Main House 2F: Bathroom and use the "Lock Pick" on the drawer to collect the "Small Component".
5. Go to the Main House 2F: Kid's Room. Before giving Eveline the "Change Of Clothes", use the "Small Component" on the trophy. Go upstairs and enter the "1019" code into the open laptop.
6. Give the "Change Of Clothes" to Eveline.
7. Go to the Main House 1F: Dining Area to find Lucas.
8. Go to the Main House 2F: Bathroom to find Marguerite.
9. Go to the Main House 1F: Garage and collect the "Rope" from the metal shelf.
10. Go back to the Main House 2F: Bathroom to trigger a Stalker event.
11. Run to the Main House 2F: Recreation Room to escape. In the Recreation Room, use the "Rope" to lock the door and keep the Stalker out.
12. Go to the room connected to the Recreation Room (Grandma's Room) and collect the "Fork" from the end table.
13. Use the "Fork" on the boarded windows near the statue to exit the room.
14. Before returning to the Main Hall, slip through the narrow space on the balcony and collect the "Dog's Head Emblem" from the tool box.
15. Enter the Main Hall and open the first floor door to the Yard with the "Dog's Head Emblem".
16. Check the "Note" in the Trailer, then interact with the "Photo" in Mia's hand to complete the sequence.
Search the indicated locations to find all four playable videotapes. Three are optional, while one cannot be missed.
1. Derelict House Footage: On the dresser drawer in the Save Room of the Guest House on the second floor.
2. Mia: On the bar of the Recreation Room on the second floor of the Main House, to the left of the TV with the VCR.
3. After unlocking the Kid's Room door on the second floor in the Main House, climb up into the attic and open the cupboard to find it.
4. Old Videotape: This tape cannot be missed, as it is story-related. It is found in the Security Room, on the third floor of the Wrecked Ship.
Search the indicated locations in the "Bedroom" to find all three rats and get the "Ratcatcher" trophy. After Marguerite serves the second course, you must grab the fork she brings and get out of bed. This is a few minutes into the DLC after moving the bed for the first time. You also must collect the lantern and inspect all three rats.
1. Use the fork on the second dish she serves to reveal a rat in the food. This is after she takes away your soup and brings you another meal.
2. It is in the corner of the room near the picture frame. Use the lantern to inspect it.
3. It is in the locked side room. Use the following combination on the lock: Snake, Maple Leaf, Apple.
Search the indicated locations to find all 74 collectibles (32 Files, 18 Antique Coins, 20 Mr. Everywheres, and 4 Videotapes) on the Easy and Normal difficulties. You will get the "Be Kind, Please Rewind", "Pelicans In Your Pocket", "The Devil Is In The Details", "He's Here, There, Everywhere!", and "Mr. Nowhere" achievements for finding all collectibles. Note: Antique Coins are different on the Madhouse difficulty. There is a total of 33 on the Madhouse difficulty, and their locations are different from the lower difficulties. You also get the "Mad Pelicans" achievement for finding all Antique Coins on the Madhouse difficulty. All of the collectibles are missable. If you progress too far, you will be unable to access certain areas. There is no chapter select and you must get everything in one playthrough, except for Mr. Everywheres, as those carry over between playthroughs. If you die or restart checkpoints, you must find all unsaved collectibles again. You can view how many collectibles of each type you have found (except for videotapes) in the game stats. Files also have their own overview section and each one is given a specific name for easier tracking. It is possible to get the Files, Mr. Everywheres, and Videotapes on the Madhouse difficulty. However, you will still have to do a minimum of two collectible runs. One for all Antique Coins on the Easy difficulty and one to get everything else on the Madhouse difficulty. It is recommended to obtain all possible collectibles on the Easy difficulty.
- 1. File 1 - 0:05
- 2. Videotape 1 "Derelict House Footage" - 0:31
- 3. Antique Coin 1 - 1:17
- 4. File 2 - 2:22
- 5. File 3 - 2:22
- 6. File 4 - 2:53
- 7. File 5 - 3:08
- 8. Antique Coin 2 - 3:19
- 9. Mr. Everywhere 1 - 3:35
- 10. Mr. Everywhere 2 - 4:07
- 11. Mr. Everywhere 3 - 4:29
- 12. Antique Coin 3 - 4:47
- 13. File 6 - 4:57
- 14. File 7 - 5:10
- 15. File 8 - 5:41
- 16. Antique Coin 4 - 5:50
- 17. Mr. Everywhere 4 - 5:58
- 18. Videotape 2 "Mia" - 6:04
- 19. Antique Coin 5 - 6:19
- 20. Mr. Everywhere 5 - 6:35
- 21. Antique Coin 6 - 6:52
- 22. File 9 - 7:03
- 23. File 10 - 7:03
- 24. File 11 - 7:31
- 25. Antique Coin 7 - 7:57
- 26. Mr. Everywhere 6 - 8:24
- 27. File 12 - 8:48
- 28. File 13 - 9:22
- 29. Antique Coin 8 - 9:31
- 30. Mr. Everywhere 7 - 9:54
- 31. Antique Coin 9 - 10:10
- 32. File 14 - 10:22
- 33. Mr. Everywhere 8 - 10:29
- 34. Mr. Everywhere 9 - 10:49
- 35. Antique Coin 10 - 11:15
- 36. File 15 - 11:26
- 37. Mr. Everywhere 10 - 11:45
- 38. Antique Coin 11 - 12:10
- 39. File 16 - 12:47
- 40. File 17 - 13:17
- 41. Mr. Everywhere 11 - 13:32
- 42. Antique Coin 12 - 13:46
- 43. File 18 - 13:53
- 44. File 19 - 14:27
- 45. File 20 - 14:55
- 46. Videotape 3 "Happy Birtday" - 15:05
- 47. Mr. Everywhere 12 - 15:30
- 48. File 21 - 15:41
- 49. Antique Coin 13 - 16:06
- 50. Mr. Everywhere 13 - 16:27
- 51. File 22 - 16:45
- 52. Antique Coin 14 - 16:59
- 53. Mr. Everywhere 14 - 17:11
- 54. Mr. Everywhere 15 - 17:35
- 55. Antique Coin 15 - 17:57
- 56. Antique Coin 16 - 18:30
- 57. File 23 - 19:02
- 58. File 24 - 19:30
- 59. Videotape 4 "Old Videotape" - 19:44
- 60. File 25 - 20:17
- 61. Mr. Everywhere 16 - 20:33
- 62. File 26 - 21:12
- 63. Mr. Everywhere 17 - 22:05
- 64. File 27 - 22:53
- 65. Antique Coin 17 - 23:33
- 66. Antique Coin 18 - 23:52
- 67. Mr. Everywhere 18 - 24:53
- 68. Mr. Everywhere 19 - 25:30
- 69. File 28 - 25:49
- 70. File 29 - 26:05
- 71. File 30 - 26:22
- 72. File 31 - 26:40
- 73. File 32 - 26:54
- 74. Mr. Everywhere 20 - 27:12
Search the indicated locations to find all 33 Antique Coins on the Madhouse difficulty and get the the "Mad Pelicans" achievement. The Antique Coins on the Madhouse difficulty are different from the Easy and Normal difficulty. There are 33 Antique Coins on the Madhouse difficulty and only only 18 on Easy and Normal, and their locations are different. All Antique Coins are missable. If you progress too far, you will be unable to access certain areas. There is no chapter select and you must collect all Antique Coins in one playthrough. If you die or restart checkpoints, you must find all unsaved collectibles again. You can view how many collectibles of each type you have found (except for videotapes) in the game stats. Antique Coins can also be used to purchase new items and weapons, such as the .44 Magnum, by inserting the coins into cages you sometimes come across.
To escape Jack, use the light projector on the plinth in Main House 1F, Main Hall. Before you can do that, get the Wooden Statuette from the drained bathtub in Main House 2F, Bathroom. Place it on the pedestal in Main House 1F, Main Hall. Adjust the statue so an eagle shadow silhouette appears on the painting. Confirm when you are close to complete the puzzle. When Jack appears, just run and slam every door behind you to lose him and give you plenty of time to solve the puzzle.Incinerator Room puzzle solution
The first room in the Processing Area contains the Dissection Room Key. This key is required to progress, but it is locked inside the far left incinerator chamber. To open it, look at the memo pinned above the sink for some clues. Open the chamber door with the bloody hand print in the center of the row, then open the chamber on the far right corner to unlock the left-most chamber with the Dissection Key. When you open the left chamber, a Moulder will come out and attack. If you are fast, you can grab the key off the gurney and run, slamming the door in the Moulder's face. They cannot easily chase you -- so you can either leave or kill it with a few bullets to the head.Birthday Room videotape puzzle solution
After escaping the Old House, you will have to find two keycards to open the locked gate in the yard during the "Get the Serum Ingredients from Lucas" mission. On the way to one of those keycards, you will reach a child's room. Up in the attic is the "Happy Birthday" videotape. You will have to go here as part of the story -- so the room is unmissable. Watch the tape using a TV to start the puzzle. Complete the following steps to solve it:
1. Pick up the Candle, walk to the cake, and listen to Lucas.
2. Open the code lock to get a Straw Doll. The combination is Chainsaw Man, Raven on Hat, and Baby. You can also see the combo by getting the telescope from the toilet, equipping it, running through the water in cake room, and looking at screens through telescope.
3. Get the Winding Key from keg in the cake room.
4. Burn the Straw Doll at stove to get the Dummy Finger.
5. Light the Candle at the stove. Burn the rope on the door with the candle. Enter the room behind door, and collect the Balloon in the corner.
6. Put the Balloon on the gas pipe to get the Quill Pen.
7. Put the Dummy Finger, Quill Pen, and Winding Key on the mannequin where you got the Candle.
8. It will now write the password "LOSER" on your arm. Enter the password on lock in balloon room to get the Valve Handle.
9. Put the Valve Handle on the pipe in the cake room. Light the Candle at the stove, then put it on the cake to solve the puzzle.
You will get the "Out Before Dessert" achievement if you solve the puzzle within five minutes. You can keep replaying the tape until you get the achievement, as it may take a few tries to beat the time limit.Birthday Room story puzzle solution
At one point during the story, Lucas will lure you into the room that you saw earlier on the videotape. However, there is a twist. Your predecessor did not survive Lucas' games, but there is a way to trick him. The important part is not to get the Winding Key from the Keg. Opening the Keg will spill oil on the floor that will burn you alive. The puzzle goes a little differently than the previous one. Complete the following steps to solve it:
1. Pick up the Candle, walk to the cake, and listen to Lucas.
2. Light the Candle at the stove. Burn the rope on the door with the candle. Enter the room behind door and enter "LOSER" as the code.
3. Grab the Valve Handle and use it in the cake room. Since you did not spill oil from the key, you will survive.
4. Lucas will then throw a bomb into the room. Break open the barricade in the corner and throw the bomb through the hole in the wall to solve the puzzle.
Use the following methods to quickly kill all Bosses on the Madhouse difficulty. These methods should work regardless of ammo count. It is recommended to use the Circular Saw in a lot of Boss fights. While pressing LT + RT (Xbox controller), it does massive damage and kills some Bosses within seconds. It also does not consume any ammo and can be infinitely used, making it the best choice for a melee weapon. It is recommended to use "The Essence Of Defense" and "The Secrets Of Defense" items as well, which cause you to take less damage from blocking.
Mia Boss Fight #1 - Old House: Block her attack, attack once, and repeat. Always block, attack, block, attack, and repeat.
Mia Boss Fight #2 - Attic: This is actually one of the trickiest fights in the game. Collect all four ammo packs in the attic. Then, perform headshots on Mia. Ammo is very limited -- so try not to miss a shot. Create a manual save before this fight. Use the full available space and let her cut down doors -- when she does that you have a moment for easy headshots. Run in circles around the area and shoot her when you get a good opportunity.
Jack Baker Boss Fight - Garage: Get the lock pick in the garage, and use it on the locked box. Get the key from box, and use it to start car. Then, simply run him over with the car.
Jack Baker Boss Fight - Morgue: Simply use the Circular Saw to kill him in a few seconds. He will not even have a chance to attack you. Press LT + RT (Xbox controller) with the saw to inflict more damage.
Marguerite Boss Fight - Old House: She will throw you down a hole and spawn some bugs. Quickly shoot her in the head with a pistol before she spawns any bugs. Some flying insects are already there when the fight begins. Repeatedly press the Left Analog-stick to stand up and crouch so they cannot hit you.
Marguerite Boss Fight - Garden House/Greenhouse: Attack the thing on her belly with the Circular Saw. Hold LT + RT (Xbox controller) to inflict more damage. She will hardly have a chance to attack you and will mostly just try to run from your attacks.
Barn Fight: This is technically not a Boss fight, but you will encounter two fat enemies in this area. It is one of the hardest sections on the Madhouse difficulty. Use a grenade launcher with Neuro rounds to stun them. While they are stunned, follow up with enhanced pistol ammo headshots. Try to kill one of them as quickly as possible. Anything from the grenade launcher works well. Perform headshots on them since attacking their body does hardly any damage. Enhanced ammo makes a big difference with these enemies.
Mutant Jack Baker Megaboss: Mutated Baker has lots of weakspots all over his body. They look like orange eyes. Swing the Circular Saw around and block his strikes. "The Essence Of Defense" and "The Secret Of Defense" items make a huge difference since you will not take damage when blocking. Just run around Jack's body on the lower floor and quickly swing the Circular Saw at his weakspots. This will not consume any ammo and he cannot attack you when you are at his side or behind him. Keep some enhanced pistol ammo or shotgun shells for the last part. After destroying all weakspots, he will quickly attack you, which you must block. There will then be a short window to get some hits in.
Mia Boss Fight - Old Ship: You only get to fight her if you chose to give the serum to Zoe. Pick up the crowbar on the floor. Then, do what you did in the first fight. Block an attack, then counter attack. Block, attack, block, attack, and repeat.
Eveline Final Boss Fight - Endboss: During the first part, block her shockwaves and run towards her between shockwave attacks. Block when she is about to do a shockwave. During the second part, when her faces comes from the wall towards you, shoot a powerful weapon at her eyes. She should moan two times and then grab you with her tentacles. Run left and right to get in a spot where she can grab you. The fight only continues if she can grab you, otherwise you die. During the third part, quickly shoot a powerful weapon at her face. Try to inflict a lot of damage before she lifts you in the air. While in air, shoot her eyes and use your strongest weapon, such as the grenade launcher or .44 Magnum.
The video below is a 2 hours and 30 minutes speed run walkthrough that shows the full game with the good ending (including all cutscenes). The "Just Get Me Outta Here" achievement requires you to complete the game in four hours or less. Restarting checkpoints (selecting "Retry" after dying) adds to your total time. It will not reset time when using checkpoint restart. A workaround is to create manual saved games at cassette recorders. If something goes wrong, quit out to the main menu (pause the game and select "End"), select "Load Game", and choose the most recent manual save. The following are some speed run tips:
- Play on the Easy difficulty.
- You have more than enough time to complete the game in under four hours.
- Run past all enemies. Do not spend too much time looting items -- only pick up the stuff you really need.
- If you get stuck for a long time, remember to reload a manual save from the main menu.
- After the first playthrough, a more powerful pistol will be unlocked. Collect it from the item box. You will unlock more special items as you complete more playthroughs.
It is not very difficult to do a speed run through the game. You just have to know what to do and where to go. After doing one to two playthroughs, you should be able to easily complete the game in under four hours.
There are a total of eight Chem Fluid recipes (4 Chem Fluid and 4 Strong Chem Fluid combos). The following is a list of all Chem Fluid recipes:
Chem Fluid recipes
- Chem Fluid + Herb = x1 First Aid Med
- Chem Fluid + Gunpowder = x10 Handgun Ammo
- Chem Fluid + Solid Fuel = x100 Burner Fuel
- Chem Fluid + Supplements = x1 Psychostimulants
Strong Chem Fluid recipes
- Strong Chem Fluid + Herb = x1 Strong First Aid Med
- Strong Chem Fluid + Gunpowder = x10 Enhanced Handgun Ammo
- Strong Chem Fluid + Solid Fuel = x2 Flame Rounds
- Strong Chem Fluid + Supplements = x2 Neuro Rounds
Search the indicated location to find the corresponding crafting item:
Main House 1F
- 1. Chem Fluid - Main House 1F, Laundry Room: Inside the filing cabinet with one herb.
- 2. Chem Fluid - Main House 1F, Garage: Inside the filing cabinet.
- 3. Chem Fluid - Main House 1F, Main Hall: In the open closet beneath the stairs.
- 4. Gunpowder - Main House 1F, Main Hall: In the cupboard, to the left of the double doors that lead into the Main Hall.
- 5. Chem Fluid - Main House 1F, Drawing Room: Inside the refrigerator.
- 6. Psychostimulants - Main House 1F, Drawing Room: On the coffee table.
Main House 2F
- 1. Chem Fluid - Main House 2F, Hallway: In the drawer down the hall from the Bathroom.
- 2. Gunpowder - Main House 2F, Recreation Room: Inside the green plastic bin.
- 3. Chem Fluid - Main House 2F, Grandma's Room: Next to the window, on the left as you enter.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Processing Area: In the room with multiple bathtubs filled with black sludge, connected to the Boiler Room. Look inside the tubs to see the fluid.
- 2. Chem Fluid - Processing Area: Inside the metal cabinet, just outside the hallway that leads down to the Crow Emblem door.
- 3. Psychostimulants - Processing Area: Next to the Crow Emblem door that leads into the Morgue.
- 4. Strong Chem Fluid - Processing Area, Boiler Room: In an open locker in the corner of the Boiler Room.
- 5. Gunpowder - Processing Area, Morgue: Below the stairs, just above the morgue Boss arena on the map.
- 1. Separating Agent - Yard: While at the Main Hall steps and looking toward the Trailer, turn right and go around to the boarded-up Main House window to find the blue Separating Agent wedged in the sill.
- 2. Gunpowder - Yard: On the yellow tool cabinet on the deck.
- 3. Supplements - Yard: On white tarps near the entrance to the Old House.
- 4. Strong Chem Fluid - Yard: Outside the Green House, on a metal pole.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Old House 1F: On the deck outside the Gallery, turn right and look in the trash to find a brown box with it.
- 2. Solid Fuel - Old House 1F: In the northern room adjacent to the Dining Room. There is a shelf with this item.
- 3. Chem Fluid - Old House 1F, Living Room: To the right of the bug nest.
- 4. Chem Fluid and Strong Chem Fluid - Old House 1F, Dining Room: Use the Knife or Burner to clear the spiders from the metal cabinet, then look inside to find a Chem Fluid and Great Chem Fluid.
- 5. Gunpowder - Old House 1F: On the window sill outside the Dining Room.
- 6. Psychostimulants - Old House 1F: Look for a metal tray on the deck outside the Dining Room.
- 7. Psychostimulants - Old House 1F: In a box, in the crawlspace on the west wing of the house, accessible after solving the Shadow Silhouette puzzle in the Gallery.
- 8. Chem Fluid - Old House 1F: Hidden in the crawlspace, behind a couple wooden pallets leaning against the wall.
- 9. Chem Fluid - Old House 1F: On a shelf in the shack north of the Water Station.
- 10. Chem Fluid - Old House 2F: To the right of the Crow Emblem door.
- 11. Separating Agent - Old House 2F, Greenhouse: In the first room of the Greenhouse, before going into the hole.
- 12. Solid Fuel - Old House 2F, Greenhouse: On a shelf in the Greenhouse entrance room.
- 13. Strong Chem Fluid - Old House 1F, Greenhouse: In the cabinet covered in bugs, to the right of your first encounter with mutant Marguerite.
- 14. Pyschostimulants - Old House 1F, Greenhouse: To the left of the stairs that lead up to the second floor of the Greenhouse building.
- 15. Chem Fluid x3 - Old House, Greenhouse: Search the Boss arena to find three Chem Fluids in cabinets and on shelves.
- 16. Solid Fuel - Old House 1F, Greenhouse: In the back-right cabinet.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Testing Area 1F: In the cabinet of the first supply room with the crates, after using the keypad for the first time.
- 2. Gunpowder - Testing Area 1F: As you enter the barn, look on the metal shelves near the stairs.
- 3. Chem Fluid - Testing Area 2F: On a bookshelf in the room with the charred corpse.
- 4. Supplements - Testing Area 2F: On the small table near the wash basin in the room with the charred corpse.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Boat House 1F: In the crooked shack with the dilapidated walkways connecting the Testing Area to the Boat House.
- 2. Psychostimulants - Boat House 1F: On the table in the Save Room.
- 3. Strong Chem Fluid - Boat House 1F: On the shelf above the Tape Recorder.
- 4. Chem Fluid - Boat House 1F: On the shelf above the Tape Recorder.
- 5. Separating Agent - Boat House 1F: On the shelf above the Tape Recorder.
- 6. Gunpowder - Boat House 1F: On a crate to the right of the entrance.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Wrecked Ship 1F: In one of the trash bins in the Laundry Room.
- 2. Supplements - Ship 2F (Old Tape): On the desk in the Bunk Room.
- 3. Supplements - Ship 2F (Old Tape): On a cabinet in the Dining Room.
- 4. Chem Fluid - Ship S2 (Old Tape): Behind the stepladder near Engine Room #2.
- 5. Chem Fluid - Wrecked Ship 3F: In the metal cupboard outside the Security Room.
- 6. Chem Fluid - Wrecked Ship 3F: In the Control Room locker.
- 7. Gunpowder - Wrecked Ship 3F: In the desk drawer.
- 8. Gunpowder - Wrecked Ship 4F: In a locker in the Bridge.
- 9. Chem Fluid - Wrecked Ship 2F: In the microwave in the Bunk Room.
- 11. Gunpowder - Wrecked Ship 2F: In the desk drawer in the Bunk Room.
- 10. Gunpowder - Wrecked Ship 1F: In the crate in the Stock Room.
- 12. Psychostimulants - Wrecked Ship 1F: In the room connected to the Bunk Room.
- 13. Gunpowder - Wrecked Ship 2F: In the cupboard outside the Lounge.
- 14. Strong Chem Fluid - Wrecked Ship S2: Inside a crate in the first hallway.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Swamp: On the grey object near the elevator shaft.
- 2. Chem Fluid - Swamp: Near an overturned cart on the path to the elevator shaft.
- 3. Strong Chem Fluid - Swamp: On the elevator shaft itself.
- 1. Chem Fluid - Salt Mine: In a crate in the mine cart track chamber with the entrance into the Secret Lab.
- 2. Chem Fluid - Salt Mine: After leaving the Secret Lab, search in the collapsed tunnel filled with the large rocks at the end of the tracks.
Pour a health bottle over your hands, then press [Block] to heal much quicker. This can save your life and is very useful in Madhouse mode. While reloading, press [Block] when the ammo number appears green (or changes if your ammo will not completely fill the weapon) to reload faster. This can be useful for some slower reload weapons like the grenade launcher and shotgun.Easy "Back Off, Mrs. B!" achievement
After meeting Mia in the basement of the Old House during the "Search the Old House for the Serum" mission, you will encounter Marguerite Baker. When you exit the basement, she will be waiting for you behind a door and start to wander around the house. Shoot everything you have at her. Use the flamer to kill off the insects that she summons and use a shotgun or pistol to shoot her in the head. She can take quite a bit of damage -- so come well prepared. This is the only opportunity to do this. If you progress too far, you will miss this achievement. It is recommended to create a manual save once you reach the Old House.Easy "Can't Catch Me" achievement
During the "Get out of the House" mission, after fighting Jack Baker in the garage of the main house, you will get an Ox statuette in the garage that allows you to open a large door. Go through the door and proceed upstairs. There is a room marked on the map called "Recreation Room". It contains the videotape. Put the tape in the nearby TV to start it. You will then be playing as Mia and have to escape Marguerite. Just stay behind cover whenever Marguerite is nearby. After finishing the tape, you will get the "Can't Catch Me" achievement. If you are seen, just wait for Marguerite to grab you. This will result in a checkpoint restart and does not count as being seen. The only way you can mess this up is by running and hiding from Marguerite until you lose her. You will still get the achievement if she grabs you. You can also replay the tape by putting it in the video cassette recorder again.Easy "Duck If You Love Life" achievement
During the "Get 3 Dog Heads and Open the Door to the Yard" mission, you will fight Jack in the Morgue while searching for the red dog head. Keep attacking until he grabs some chainsaws that are shaped like scissors. Sometimes he runs towards you and strikes with the "scissors" from above. You must crouch under this specific attack to get the "Duck If You Love Life" achievement. His other attacks will hit you even while crouching. Lure him around the room to get a better idea of his attack pattern and crouch whenever possible.Easy "Fly Swatter" achievement
This can only be done during the Marguerite Boss fight in the Garden ("Create the Serum" mission with the "Defeat Marguerite and take her Lantern" objective). Deal some damage to her and she will start to run up walls like a spider. She will then try to jump onto you. While she is in midair, shoot her. This works best with the shotgun. It can take a few tries to get the timing right. She only climbs up the walls 2-3 times during the Boss fight. Create a manual save game before this fight so you can reload it in case you kill her without getting the "Fly Swatter" achievement. Otherwise, restart the fight immediately if you do not get it during her first few leap attacks. She will stop and look at you when she is about to do a leap attack. Shoot immediately after she has jumped off.Easy "Less Is More" achievement
This can easily be done with the shotgun. After going to the cellar in the Old House during the "Search the Old House for the Serum" mission, you will meet Marguerite. She will then wander around the house. Attack her and she will start to spawn insect swarms. Shoot her insects with a shotgun to get the "Less Is More" achievement. You can also combine this with the "Back Off, Mrs. B!" achievement.Easy "Master Of Unlocking" achievement
The first lock pick can be found in the main house, in the laundry room with the washing machines and socks. Open the box by the door to get the lock pick. There is a locked drawer in the hall outside that you can open with the lock pick. Do this to get the "Master Of Unlocking" achievement.Easy "Nice Try" achievement
The earliest opportunity to put an unrelated object on a shadow plinth is in the main hall after fighting Jack Baker. There is a bright light shining at a picture. Between the light and picture is a shadow plinth. Grab the pendulum from the clock to the left and put it on the shadow plinth to get the "Nice Try" achievement.Easy "Slash Slash, Slashity Slash!" achievement
This can only be done in the Old House where you encounter Marguerite, during the "Search the Old House for the Serum" mission. When you meet her for the first time, she will put spiders on the doors. You can knife those spiders so they fall off. Get real close and use your knife on the insects to get the "Slash Slash, Slashity Slash!" achievement. You can also perform a stab attack (has better range, and spiders will not be able to hit you). If you miss this opportunity, more spiders can be found on gun lockers in the Old House and during the Marguerite Boss fight in the Garden House.Easy "That's A Spicy Meat-a-ball" achievement
While onboard the Old Ship during the "Pursue Eveline" mission, you will meet Eveline and she will want you to watch a videotape. During the videotape, you will find Remote Bombs for the first time. They are in plain sight, shortly after using the elevator. Collect a remote bomb, let an enemy grab you, equip the bomb, and stick it in the enemy's mouth to get the "That's A Spicy Meat-a-ball" achievement. Note: The enemies with a large blade-arm do not grab you. It has to be one with two thin arms.Easy "Things Got Personal" achievement
During the "Search the Old House for the Serum" mission, you can find lots of large flying insects in the old house. Some of them are sitting quietly on walls. Run up to one of them and knife it to get the "Things Got Personal" achievement. They die with one hit. Note: Only the larger flying insects count, not the tiny insect swarms.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Playing it Safe: Complete the game on Easy.
- The Nightmare's Finally Over: Complete the game on Normal.
- Who's Your Daddy Now?: Complete the game on Madhouse.
- Behind Closed Doors: Close an open door by yourself.
- Arms in the Air: Block an enemy attack by guarding.
- A-ha!: Obtain something by closely examining an item.
- Master of Unlocking: Use a lock pick to open something.
- Nice Try: Put an unrelated object on a shadow plinth.
- Open Your Eyes: Use psychostimulants.
- In the Bag: Increase your item slots.
- Things Got Personal: Finish off an enemy with the knife.
- Slash Slash, Slashity Slash!: Clear insects off a door using a knife.
- Less is More: Take down two or more enemies with one shot.
- That's a Spicy Meat-a-ball: Kill an enemy by attaching a Remote Bomb to them and detonating it.
- 1st Place at the Science Fair: Create all items that contain Chem Fluid and Strong Chem Fluid.
- Can't Catch Me: Complete the "Mia" videotape without being spotted by Marguerite.
- Out Before Dessert: Complete the "Happy Birthday" videotape within 5 minutes.
- Be Kind, Please Rewind: Watch all the videotapes in a single playthrough.
- Pelicans in Your Pocket: Obtain all of the Antique Coins in Easy or Normal difficulty.
- Mad Pelicans: Obtain all of the Antique Coins in Madhouse difficulty.
- The Devil Is in the Details: Read all of the files in a single playthrough.
- He's Here, There, Everywhere!: Destroy a Mr. Everywhere statuette.
- Mr. Nowhere: Destroy all Mr. Everywhere statuettes.
- Just Get Me Outta Here: Complete the game within 4 hours.
- Resource Manager: Complete the game without opening the Item Box more than 3 times.
- Walk it Off: Complete the game using only 3 First Aid Meds or less.
- She's Alive: Travel to Louisiana.
- Welcome to the Family, Son: Escape from the guest house.
- You Ain't Gettin' Away: Escape to the yard.
- The Grave Will Out the Truth: Uncover the secret in the old house.
- You Better Start Running: Escape from the Baker family home.
- Into the Depths: Escape from the ship.
- End of the Night: Get ending 1.
- Just A Memory Now: Get ending 2.
- Back Off, Mrs. B!: Fight off Marguerite while she wanders the old house to make her run away.
- Duck If You Love Life: Avoid Jack's scissor attack by crouching.
- Fly Swatter: Shoot and knock back Marguerite while she's leaping at you.
The following achievements require the "Banned Footage Vol. 1" bonus downloadable content:
- Dead by Dawn?: Complete Nightmare.
- Sleepless in Dulvey: Complete Night Terror.
- Like Mama Used to Make: Complete Bedroom.
- Ratcatcher: Find all the dead rats in Bedroom in a single play.
- Ethan Never Dies: Complete Ethan Must Die.
The following achievements require the "Banned Footage Vol. 2" bonus downloadable content:
- Eye in the Sky: Complete 21.
- Card Shark: Complete Survival mode in 21.
- You Gotta Know When To Hold 'Em: Complete Survival+ mode in 21.
- Butterfly Effect: Get the bad ending in Daughters.
- One Instinct: Survival: Get the true ending in Daughters.
- Don't Keep the Man Waiting: Clear a stage with a 10 minute time bonus or higher in Jack's 55th Birthday.
- Miracle Chef: Feed Jack every type of food and drink in Jack's 55th Birthday.
- Best Birthday Ever: Get an S Rank or higher on all stages in Jack's 55th Birthday.