While playing the game in Sandbox mode, enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function:
|Add 100,000 Simoleons to city budget||[Alt] + W|
|Increase budget by $5,000 per hour||[Ctrl] + [Alt] + W|
|Toggle Air Pollution||[Alt] + A|
|Toggle Crime||[Alt] + C|
|Toggle Fire||[Alt] + F|
|Toggle Garbage||[Alt] + G|
|Toggle Ground Pollution||[Alt] + P|
|Toggle Health Issues||[Alt] + M|
|Toggle Homeless Sims||[Alt] + H|
|Toggle Sewage||[Alt] + S|
If you place a water pump (using filtration pumps) directly next to a sewage treatment plant, it allows for unlimited water. The sewage treatment plant adds back into the ground water table at that spot. The filtration pumps ensure your water will not get polluted from the ground pollution that occurs. When using this trick, you can pick one of the four clustered cities in your tradable region to keep using the trick repeatedly. This will provide a massive amount of water that can be purchased. You can then buy from that massive source while building the other three cities. This will save you the need to place a water source and sewage treatment plant. This can be done for any utility/service.Disasters
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding disaster:
- Big Lizard: Burn 100 tons of garbage in an Incinerator at the Garbage Dump.
- Earthquake: Mine 100 tons of coal or raw ore in your city.
- Meteor Strike: Have 200 tourists arrive on flights at the Municipal Airport in a day.
- Tornado: Have 24 Wind Turbines at Wind Power Plants.
- UFO Encounter: Ship any resource to a Space Center Great Work.
- Zombie Attack: Add a Diagnostic Lab to a Hospital, and have 15 Sims die in a day.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement:
- Sand Through My Fingers: Have total expenses of $15,000+ per month.
- Money Cube: Have a total income of $15,000+ per hour.
- Good Credit: Pay off $1,000,000 in bond debt.
- Multi-Millionare City: Have $10,000,000 in your treasury.
- Busy Downtown: Have at least 100 Commercial buildings in your city.
- Big Government: Place one of each of the City Hall departments on a single City Hall.
- Quid Pro Quo: Place one of each of all the modules on a single Mayor's Mansion.
- Industrial Revolution: Have 100 Industrial buildings in your city.
- Suburb City: Have 10,000 residents living in your city.
- Population Boom: Have 50,000 residents living in your city.
- Metropolis!: Have 100,000 residents living in your city.
- Jumbo Region!: Have 500,000 residents living in a region
- Mega-Region!: Have 1,000,000 residents living in a region.
- Suburbitopia: Have 500 Residential buildings in your city.
- My Favorite Mayor: Have 24 hours of a 75% or better Approval Rating.
- 'Worst. Mayor. Ever.: Hold an Approval Rating of below 50% for 24 hours.
- Best Mayor Ever!: Have an Approval Rating of 95% or more.
- Reolving Doors: Have 25 criminals released from jail cells in one day due to overcrowding.
- Bad Move, Creeps: Have your Police capture their first criminal.
- Redemption of the Sims: Rehabilitate 50 criminals in a day!
- SimCity University!: Have a University with each School module.
- No Child Left Behind: Plop 20 School Bus Stops in one city.
- High Tech Fire Fightin': Add the HazMat Garage, the Fire Helipad, and the Fire Marshal Office to a Large Fire Station in your city.
- You're on Fire!: Extinguish 1 HazMat fires in your city in a day!
- Only You Can Prevent City Fires: Put out more than 10 fires in a day.
- Green Plumbobs: Pick up 10 tons of recyclables in your city in a day!
- Dump City!: Have 560 tons of garbage in your Garbage Dumps!
- Garbage Man!: Pick up 10 tons of garbage in a day!
- Medical Miracle: Plop a Hospital and treat 200 sick Sims in a day.
- EMT ASAP: Pick up and treat 50 injured Sims in one day.
- All-Powerful Region: Place of each type of power source in a region (Coal, Oil, Wind, Solar and Nuclear).
- Super-Powered: Have a city that consumes over 300 mW of power per hour.
- Ick or Treat!: Treat 200 kgal/hr of sewage at a Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Sewage Stuffing: With 10,000 or more residents, prevent sewage issues using only Sewage Outlet Pipes.
- Main Attraction: Have 300 low wealth tourists leave your city satisfied in one day.
- Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!: Run a successful stadium event in your city.
- Cruisin' Along: Have 2,000 Sims take a cruise in a day.
- A Streetcar Named SimCity: Have 1,000 Sims travel by streetcar in a day.
- All Aboard: Have 1,000 Sims take the train in a day.
- Sludge-Free H-2-0!: Pump 50 kgal of fresh, clean water in an hour.
- Aqua Max: Have a city that has over 100 kgal of water needed per hour.
- You Mean Business!: Plop every City Specialization HQ in the game.
- King Coal: Extract a total of 100 tons of coal.
- Electrical Magic: Assemble 4,000 crates of processors in a day.
- Sin City: Place one of each type of Casino in a single city.
- Penny Slots: Generate $200,000 in total revenue from casinos.
- Blast Furnace: Smelt a total of 100 tons of metal.
- All Oiled Up: Pump 10,000 barrels of crude oil in a day.
- Refined Tastes: Refine 40 barrels of fuel and 40 crates of plastic in a single city in one hour.
- To Be Ore Not To Be: Extract a total of 100 tons of raw ore.
- A Lot of Lots: Place 6 unique Storage Lot types on any Trade Depot or Trade Port.
- Trading Empire: Ship 250,000 Global Market export shipments.
- Moving Pictures: Assemble 100 crates of TVs in one day in a single city.
- Specialist First Class: Select "Guide Me" for any city specialization.
- The Big (Insert Fruit Here): Have 50 high density, low wealth commercial buildings in your city.
- Technophile: Have 40 high density, high tech industrial buildings in your city!
- Skyscraper Magnet: Have 10 high density, high wealth commercial buildings!
- Billionarie's Playground: Have 10 high density, high wealth residential buildings in your city!
- Elite Estates: Have 50 low density, high wealth residential buildings in your city.
- Office Parks: Have 50 low density, high wealth commercial buildings in your city.
- Apartment Rows: Have 50 high density, low wealth residential buildings in your city.
- Llamahound: Have a municipal bus from a neighbor make 100 trips into your city within a year.
- Godfather: Have 50 crimes in one month in a region of 5,000+ residents.
- Extraditions: Have your police capture 50 criminals in neighbors' cities.
- A Burning Region of Fire: Have 50 fires extinguished in your region in a day.
- Time to Relocate: Have 200+ garbage issues at once in a region.
- Team Mayor: Grant approvals for 10 buildings for the region.
- The Philanthropist: Gift $200,000 or more to a neighbor.
- Make Sure You're Grounded...: Provide both power and water to a neighbor, at the same time.
- Bronze Anniversary: Play a city for 10 years.
- Silver Anniversary: Play a city for 25 years.
- Golden Anniversary: Play a city for 50 years! Take a break!
- Dug Too Greedily and Too Deep: Mine 100 tons of coal and metal to gain access to the Earthquake disaster.
- What Goes Up Must Come Down: Have 200 tourists in day arrived in your city by air to gain access to the Meteorite Crash disaster.
- Laboratory Outbreak: Add a Diagnostic Lab to a Hospital and have 15 Sims die in a day to gain access to the Zombie Attack disaster.
- What's Cookin'?: Burn 100 tons of garbage in an Incinerator at the Garbage Dump to gain access to the Big Lizard disaster.
- We Are Not Alone: Ship any resource to a Space Center Great Work to gain access to the UFO Encounter disaster.
- Blowin' in the Wind: Have 24 Wind Turbines at Wind Power Plants in your city to gain access to the Tornado disaster.
- 2 Kilometer Island!: Have Nuclear Power Plant melted down.
- Mayor Yuck: Have 500 Sims complain about dirty water in a day.
British City Set
- UK Character: Have 1,000 Sims picked up by double-decker buses from the Double-Decker Buss Terminal.
French City Set
- French Authority: Lock up 10 criminals at the French Police Station.
German City Set
- German Efficiency: Have 5,000 Sims take trips on trains from the German High-Speed Rail Station.