The ending you get is determined by actions you take over the course of the game. Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock an extra sequence of the ending you normally would not see:
- 1. Get the "Battle Systems Master" achievement.
- 2. Get the "Courier Of Justice" achievement.
- 3. Get the "Detective" achievement.
- 4. Get the "Friend Of Stalkers" achievement. Prevents ending #8.
- 5. Get the "Friend Of Duty" achievement. Prevents endings #6 and #9.
- 6. Get the "Friend Of Freedom" achievement. Prevents endings #5 and #9.
- 7. Get the "High Tech Master" achievement.
- 8. Get the "Kingpin" achievement. Prevents ending #4.
- 9. Get the "Man Of Balance" achievement. Prevents endings #5 and #6.
- 10. Get the "Mutant Hunter" achievement.
- 11. Get the "One Of The Lads" achievement.
- 12. Get the "Pioneer" and "Research Assistant" achievements.
- 13. Get the "Trafficker Of Information" achievement.
- 14. Get the "Battle Systems Master" achievement, but not the "High Tech Master" achievement.
- 15. Get the "High Tech Master" achievement, but not the "Battle Systems Master" achievement.
- 16. Do not kill Noah.
- 17. Vano survives.
- 18. Zulu survives.
- 19. Strider survives
- 20. Strelock survives.
- 21. Finding out about the fate of Barge and Joker for Cardan. Allows the combination sequence for ending #1 and #7.
- 22. Find all six documents in the X8 Lab.
- 23. Restore the Gauss Rifle to operational. Changes the combination sequence for ending #1 and #7 to the best outcome.
- 24. Find the Compass artifact for Beard.
- 25. Leave on the choppers at end of game.
- 26. Do not leave on the choppers. Prevents endings #1 through #25.
Once technicians are friendly to you through quests, you can repair items for cheaper. If you bring back all the weapons and items you loot from ten people, you can repair, break them down (silencers and scopes), unload, and sell the ammo, weapons, and attachments for more money.Early Vintar BC Sniper Rifle
Immediately after you start the game, go to the burnt farmstead. There is a burnt piece of wood leaning against the wall of the ruined house on the top right. Walk up it, and you can follow the roofs to the left to get a Vintar laying on the roof of the building on the far left.Early Velez detector
When you start the game, try to get 6000 RU as soon as possible. Go to the Burnt Farmstead, and get the Vintar sniper rifle. Go to the pilot in Skadovsk, and ask him to take you to Yanov. When you get there, go to Kopachy. There are about eight Zombies here. Go to the back of the house, and snipe them with the Vintar. At the front of the house is a construction crane. Inside is a stash with a Velez detector. Take it, then have the pilot take you back to Skadosk. It will now be much easier to get artifacts to get money for better armor and upgrades.Anabiotics
When making your first trip through the Bloodsucker's lair with Grouse, you will exit through a tunnel. If you follow the tunnel the other direction, there is a stash containing Anabolic drugs, which are the earliest ones you can find. They will help against emissions. Use three Antibiotics during emissions to be immune. You can also get an Anabiotic at the cave northeast of the burnt farmstead after you kill the controller.Downed UAV
At the northwest corner of the Jupiter map is a UAV crash in a crater. You can loot the computer and have Nitro decrypt it for you. It gives you the locations of the three stashes containing Strelok's notes which can be used to complete the "Keeper of Secrets" achievement and also to acquire Strelok Lucky SGI5K, which is the best AR in the game because it can hold a silencer, m203, and all Susat scope models.Marked By Zone side effect
After surviving three emissions, if you are in good health you can survive emissions without the aid of Anabolics due to the effects of using the drugs.Extra Compass artifacts
Sometimes when you kill Noah, he will drop two Compass artifacts.Defeating Bloodsuckers
Sometimes when fighting Bloodsuckers, if you sprint away and turn around they will follow you in a straight line. This makes it easy to hit them while they are invisible.Easy "Friend Of Duty", "Friend Of Freedom", and "Man Of Balance" achievements
It is possible to complete the "Monolith Fighters" and "Guarding the Bunker" quest without having the "Friend Of..." achievement for either faction. Flint, Magpie, or Soroka must be turned into the appropriate faction you want to be friends with, but not get the achievement. This allows you to have that faction guard the scientist bunker, and recruit the Monolith fighters as well. The faction you want to assign those tasks to must have green (friendly) status towards you. If you still want to get the "Man Of Balance" achievement, tell whoever about Flint, then sell the two required PDAs for either faction to Owl. You can still tell Gaunt about Flint. All this can be done without missing any quests, and you will still get your discounts from the Yanov merchants.Achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement:
- Battle Systems Master: Bring Cardan all three toolsets.
- Courier Of Justice: Successfully complete the "Magpie/Flint/Soroka" quest line.
- Diplomat: Solve Mitay and Vano's quest lines without killing the bandits.
- Detective: Successfully complete the "Missing Stalkers" quest line.
- Friend Of Stalkers: Successfully complete all Stalker related quests, including those required for One of the Lads.
- Friend Of Freedom: Tell Loki about Flint and give General Tachenko's and Morgan's PDA to him.
- Friend Of Duty: Tell Shulga about Flint and give General Tachenko's and Morgan's PDA to him.
- High Tech Master: Bring Nitro all three toolsets.
- Keeper Of Secrets: Give any information concerning Strelok to him.
- Kingpin (Unconfirmed): Successfully complete Stalker quests in favor of Sultan.
- Leadership: Recruit a full squad including, Zulu, Strider, Vanov, and Sokolov for the Pripyat Underground Mission.
- Marked by Zone: Survive three blowouts using Experimental Anabolic drugs.
- Man Of Balance: Sell General Tachenko's and Morgan's PDA to Owl.
- Mutant Hunter: Successfully complete all the mutant related quests given by Gaunt and Trapper. This includes Bloodsucker Lair, Bloodsuckers in the Swamp, Unknown Mutant Den (Burers), Wounded Chimera, and Nocturnal Chimera.
- One Of The Lads: Successfully complete Yanov and Skadovsk quest lines in favor of Stalker faction.
- Pioneer: Plant scanners in all anomalies and complete the "Rotten Grove" quest.
- Research Assistant: Successfully complete all Scientists quests and deliver Oasis to them.
- Artifact Hunter: Collect one of each artifact in the game, this includes, compass, oasis, wheel, and spiral.
- Seasoned Stalker: Visit every anomaly in the game, and certain points of interest.
- Trafficker Of Information: Sell Owl any nine pieces of information.
- Wealthy: Collect 100,000 RU during the game.