Successfully complete the game to unlock the hard difficulty setting (enemies at level 50). You can also start a new game with your previous characters at their current experience level.Play as Dark Phoenix
Successfully complete the game to unlock Dark Phoenix.Play as Deadpool
Successfully complete the game to unlock Deadpool.Play as Iron Man
Find the four homing beacons in Act 1 through 4 and collect the piece of his armor that each set unlocks. Then, save Iron Man after finding the four homing beacons in Act 5 to unlock him.Play as Professor Xavier
Successfully complete all Danger Room missions to unlock Professor Xavier.Alternate costumes
Some characters begin the game with some alternate costumes available:
- Bishop: 70's costume
- Colossus: Xtreme costume 2
- Cyclops: Xtreme costume 2
- Jean Grey: Dark Phoenix costume
- Juggernaut: Original costume
- Magneto: Ultimate Non-Helmet costume (starting costume without helmet)
- Nightcrawler: Xtreme costume 2
- Rogue: Coat costume
- Scarlet Witch: 70's costume
- Storm: 70's costume
- Sunfire: 70's costume
- Toad: Brown costume
- Wolverine: Ultimate costume
Successfully complete Act 1 to unlock the following costumes:
- Colossus: 70's costume
- Cyclops: Original costume, 70's costume
- Iceman: Snowman costume
- Jean Grey: Phoenix costume, 70's costume
- Nightcrawler: 70's costume
- Storm: 70's costume (another one)
- Wolverine: Original costume (Brown and Gold)
Successfully complete Act 2 to unlock the "Age of Apocalypse" costume for all characters that have them.
Successfully complete Act 4 to unlock the following costumes:
- Colossus: Xtreme costume, Gladiator costume, Ultimate Non-Steel Skin costume (starting costume with normal skin)
- Cyclops: Xtreme costume, Snowfields costume
- Iceman: Non-Ice Skin (the same as in X-Men Legends)
- Juggernaut: Original Non-Helmet costume
- Nightcrawler: Xtreme costume
- Storm: Xtreme costume, Snofields costume
- Wolverine: Weapon X Experiment costume, Xtreme costume, Snowfields costume
The bonus characters already have the following costumes available:
- Deadpool: Unmasked costume
- Iron Man: 2099's costume, Age of Apocalypse costume
- Professor X: Shadow World costume (the same from X-Men Legends)
Use a team with the indicated characters to get the indicated bonus:
- Age of Apocalypse (Any four heroes with Age of Apocalypse costume): +100% attack rating
- Agile Warriors (Nightcrawler, Sunfire, Toad, Deadpool): +5% experience points
- Brotherhood of Evil (Juggernaut, Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Toad): +5% experience points
- Bruiser Brigade (Juggernaut, Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue): 20 energy gained per knockout
- Dark Past (Rogue, Deadpool, Gambnit, Wolverine): 5% damage inflicted goes to health
- Double Date (Rogue, Gambit, Jean Grey Cyclops): 20 health gained per knockout
- Energy Corps (Gambit, Bishop, Cyclops, Iron Man): +5% damage
- Family Affair (Magneto, Professor X, Scarlet Witch, Juggernaut): +5 health regeneration
- Femme Fatale (Storm, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Jean Grey): 5% damage inflicted goes to health
- Forces of Nature (Storm, Iceman, Sunfire, Magneto): +10 to all resistances
- Heavy Metal (Colossus, Juggernaut, Iron Man, Magneto): +10 to all stats
- New Avengers (Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, Bishop): +15% maximum health
- New X-Men (Nightclawler, Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Sunfire, Bishop): +15% maximim health
- Old School (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Magneto, Toad, Professor X): +15% max energy
- Raven Knights (Iceman, Professor X, Iron Man, Deadpool): +60% techbit drops
- Special Ops (Bishop, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Gambit): +5% damage
Use the Blink Portal to save the game almost anywhere. You do not need to wait for an Xtraction point. Just open up a Blink Portal when you want to save then use the Xtraction point in the Sanctuary.Easy experience
For easy leveling up, go to the Holding Pen level. There is a location where enemies keep teleporting onto the screen; it is just before the last area entrance. Note: If you stay too long without saving, your game will freeze.Easy items
In Act 2 after you rescue Beast on Mikhail's Warship, Blink will open a portal back to Avalon. Go through the portal to Avalon then immediately return to the warship. The scene of rescuing Beast will play again, and the ship will be undamaged. You can go back and get all the items again. Repeat this as many times as desired. Additionally, to get easy Techbits, health packs, energy packs, and items, return to the top of Apocalypse's tower where you fight Archangel. Smash all of the containers to get random free items. Repeat this as many times as desired.
Have Gambit and Toad on your team. Have Gambit use Prince of Thieves, and Toad use Plunder (this requires at least two extreme points). Do this when near a weapons cache and you can get about five times the amount of what you would normally get. This includes health/energy packs, and Techbits, but you still only get one special item.Good combo
This combo works when you have Wolverine and Juggernaut on your team. With Juggernaut, walk over to Wolverine and pick him up, just as you would do to a chair or other item. When you throw Wolverine, he will do a diving attack to nearby enemies. This also works if you need to send Wolverine over large holes.Strong Gambit
Once your characters get to about level 30, use Sunfire, Bishop, Toad, and Gambit as your team. The idea is to pump up Gambit as much as possible. Put as much of the stats as possible into each ability as follows: Sunfire = Flaming Fury, Bishop = Energy Fury, Toad = Secretion, Gambit = Energy Form. Also, put an extra 6 or 7 stats into each characters Mutant Mastery so that they will recover EP faster. During the game, activate all the abilities listed above and switch to Gambit. He will be able to run very fast and be super strong. Eventually he will have +200% movement, +400% or more attack and many of damage and defense bonuses. Also, because they regain their EP fast, you can reuse the abilities as soon as the affects wear off.Strong Iceman
Iceman is the strongest character in the game. If you boost him correctly, he can kill most of his opponents with just a single hit on melee attack. Distribute his Status Points wisely, developing more on his Focus and Speed. At his Projectiles Mutant Powers, concentrate on his Cold Crush, and a little in Freeze Beam and Ice Slide. Do not spend Skills Points in Boost Mutant Powers, as they are useless. Also, if the rest of this is done correctly, Iceman will grow strong enough to easily fight alone. Spend the maximum you can in his Passive Skills, particularly in Ice Combat and Cold Mastery. Get the Danger Room Disk: Challenge - Iceman, and get and equip his Signature Unique Item, Cryogenic Booster. That brings a very good trait, Double Cold Damage. As for other equipment, put some that give bonus to Damage (not Energy Damage, Electric Damage, or Radiation Damage). If done correctly, Iceman can hit easily his enemies (because of the high Speed), hit lots of enemies with the Cold Crush Projectile Mutant Power, and will inflict lots of damage. For example, you can do 500 and even more damage with melee attack, depending on your level, because of the Passive Skills, Ice Combat, Cold Mastery, and the Cryogenic Booster Signature Unique Item.Recommended team
Having two blasters (for example, Magneto) and two brawlers (for example, Wolverine) works well. The following team is highly useful, because there are times where you will need a mutant with super strength to move an object out of the way. If you need a bridge formed, use Magneto. If you need a flyer, both Magneto and Ironman will work. The heavy metal group is Colossus, Juggernaut, Ironman, and Magneto.
Iceman is the most powerful character in the game; keep him on your team. The other three characters are recommended for a great team:
Iron Man: He is a combination of all types of characters (good at melee and ranged attacks, can fly, can smash easily and push or lift massive objects). Expend Skills Points in his Mutant Attack Power Gamma Bolts (if the Projectile hits a wall, it comes back), and all his Passive Skills.
Nightcrawler: He has very fast melee attacks and can do a lot of damage if you expend lots of Skill Points in the Mutant Power Attack Teleport Frenzy and all his Passive Skills, Sword Mastery (you do not need to improve this very much), Teleport Mastery, Uncanny Reflexes, and Critical Strike. Also, his Xtreme Attack, Master Of Chaos, is the best against Bosses (you can do nine hits when at maximum level) and PVP (Player VS Player).
Professor X: He cannot do more damage than Iceman, but is faster (because of the Passive Skill Clairvoyance) and all his skills are very useful.
If Iron Man and Professor X are not unlocked, try these characters:
Bishop: A good choice if you do not have Professor X. He can even become more powerful than Professor X. He can inflict even more damage and has Passive Skills that make him fast (Power Trip) and gives energy damage (Energy Combat). Develop this Mutant Power Attacks: Full Auto, Bio Beam, and Bio Blast. However, Professor X is better because of his low cost of EP for Mutant Attacks and walks and melee attacks faster.
Cyclops: If you do not have Iron Man, use Cyclops. He can inflict much more damage with ranged attack than Iron Man (but can only hit one or two, while Iron Man can hit five or six) with the Mutant Power Attacks Fusion Beam and Polarized Beam. Also, improve his Visor Upgrade and Mutant Master as much as possible. However, Iron Man is better because he can do more damage with melee attacks, can fly, and lift massive objects.
A great team for Story mode is Colossus, Sunfire, Gambit, and Iceman. Colossus is strong and has a powerful attack. This allows you to avoid using a special attack. Sunfire has fire power, can hit people from far away, and can fly. Gambit can hit from far away, is fast, and has strong attacks. Iceman has ice power, can hit from far away, build bridges, and fly with his ice slide.
Another great team is Iron Man, Deadpool, Juggernaught, and Professor X. Professor X can hit enemies hard and fast. Iron Man can fly and has a good ranged attack. Deadpool is a good melee brawler. Juggernaut has the best Xtreme power in the game, Path Of Destruction.Final area
First, step into the power chamber in the middle of the vault of ages. Since there is only a limited amount of time you have to use the harmonic powers, choose a faster character to do this. There is a yellow meter that will show you how much harmonic power time you have remaining. Go straight up or straight down to reach the generators. The downward path has a small maze in it. Go right instead of left. At the generator, Apocalypse will be waiting. You must beat him up before you can destroy the generator. Destroy the generator and repeat the same process with the other one. It does not have a maze, and it will be a straight shot directly to it. Just like before, Apocalypse will be waiting for you at the generator. After destroying the power of the harmonic machine, he will bring statues of the horsemen to life. You must focus your attacks on the horsemen and get them out of the way before tackling Apocalypse. When you kill the horsemen, they will return to statue form. Then, kill Apocalypse twice to complete the game. Note: Make sure you have a full load of health and energy packs before attempting this.