Pause the game and press L1, R1, L1, R1, L1(2), R1(2), Square.Invisible shield
Pause the game and press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, Square, Triangle.Spelunker mode
Start a new game, and enter "SPELUNKER" as a name. This mode has alternate dialogue, death with one hit, and the death sound from the original Spelunker. Alternately, while playing the game in From mode, you may encounter a Spelunker trapped in an area at the top-left corner of the map. Use the flame wand on the stump to the right of him to free him and unlock Spelunker mode in a new game.Block Defense bonus levels
Get the Light Orb, then talk to the cat in the far northwest corner of Dotnia Castle's first floor.Alternate title screen
Successfully complete the game to alternate title screen.New Game+ mode
Successfully complete the game. You can now start a second playthrough to begin with your previously earned money, sword upgrades, and bestiary.Beam Saber
After using the Mirror Of Truth to restore the seven cursed animals to their normal form, speak to the man in the back of Hotel Nialliv to get the Beam Saber.Claymore
Buy the Claymore from the merchant in F5 for 1,000 Gol. To reach the merchant, go east from Colneria, and follow the beach.Giga Sword
After you get the Light Orb, go to Ortego after you have brought the two dancers there. Talk to the man standing by the fence in the northeast part of town, and say "Yes" to get some Autograph Paper. Then, find Mary in the southeast part of town, and obtain her autograph. Return it to the man in the northeast part of town to get the Giga Sword.Gladius
After you complete the Flame Temple and speak to the sage Crimson in the Raejack Inn, go to the Raejack blacksmith shop, and talk to the man on the right. Then, go to Fina's Inn, and speak to the man by the entrance to receive the Rust Sword. Bring this back to the man on the right at the Raejack blacksmith shop to get the Gladius.Gungnir
Use the Mirror Of Truth on the dog outside Fina's Inn, then speak to the man next to him to obtain the Dog Food. Give this to the man in the volcano cave in G1 to get the Gungnir sword.Hero's Sword
Go west from Faina's Inn to area A4, then head south, and grapple across the cliff. Continue south into A5. Either defeat or ignore the zombies, and continue south to a graveyard. Use the Flame Rod on the stumps at the entrance to enter. Go to the southeast part of the graveyard, and locate the tombstone second from the right and third from the bottom (it is one of the graves flanked by pots). Push it north to open a cave, and enter it. The spirit inside will grant you the Hero's Sword.Holy Sword
Stay on the west side as you go south from Gatero. Bomb open the wall near the stairs, and enter it. Use the Wire Rod to explore the cave and locate the Holy Sword at the end of the tunnels.Home Run Bat
After you complete the Aqua Temple and have the Wood Bat, talk to the old man in Jim's Shack. Answer "Yes," then go to Colneria, and speak to the girl in the house next to the inn to get the Home Run Bat.Karasawa
After you complete the Wind Temple, talk to Dic the inventor in the northeast house in Raejack Village. Give him 5,000 Gol, spend the night at the inn, and then go speak with Dic again to get the Karasawa sword.
Successfully complete all five states of the Block Breaker mini-game without losing a single ball to get the Luck Mallet.Rare Fish
After you complete the Water Temple, talk to the man in front of the two houses in the center of Corneria to get the Rare Fish sword.Wing Sword
At the Dash Race mini-game, complete the Block Circuit in under 20 seconds and the Wafer Circuit in under 60 seconds to get the Wing Sword.Wood Bat
After you complete the Forest Temple, talk to the bat maker in Raejack (near the center square). Then, go to Wardna's House, and speak to the man there about wood for bats in the Forest Of No Return. Go to the Forest Of No Return in A2, find the sage Indigo, and go south two screens. Approach the tree in the center of the screen, and answer "Yes" to receive the Holy Wood. Return to the bat maker, and give him the wood to get the Wood Bat.Wyrm Sword
Get a "Perfect Clear" on all five stages of the Block Defense mini-game to get the Wyrm Sword.Small Block swords
Collect Small Blocks from chests and White or Silver Slimes. Then, travel east from the castle, and cross the river. Go north, and use the Wire Rod to cross the river back to the west to find a small cave. Go inside, and talk to the NPC on the throne to exchange the indicated number of Small Blocks for the corresponding sword:
- Excalibur: 20 Small Blocks
- Gorgon Sword: 5 Small Blocks
- Katana: 15 Small Blocks
- Luck Sword: 8 Small Blocks
- Mage Sword: 12 Small Blocks
- Orihalcon: 18 Small Blocks
- Star Sword: 10 Small Blocks
On the way to the second dungeon you must go through a maze in the woods to reach the entrance of the dungeon. The path is forward, right, up, left, left, down, left, up, up.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Slice and Diced! (Bronze): Defeated a foe with a sword.
- Bullseye! (Bronze): Defeated a foe with a bow.
- Demolitionist! (Bronze): Defeated a foe with a bomb.
- Getting the Hang of It? (Bronze): Played the game for five hours.
- Defender! (Bronze): Guarded an attack.
- A Formidable Foe Has Fallen! (Bronze): Defeated a Guardian.
- It's Magic! (Bronze): Used a Shader Magic.
- Life is Precious! (Bronze): Maxed out the LIFE bar.
- Master Magician! (Bronze): Maxed out the MAGIC bar.
- Booked a Monster! (Bronze): Booked a monster in the Bestiary.
- Forged a Sword! (Bronze): Made your sword stronger at the blacksmith.
- You Made a Friend! (Bronze): Made a character model.
- Souvenir Photoshoot! (Bronze): Took a snapshot.
- Around the World! (Silver): Visited all maps.
- Bestiary Complete! (Gold): Booked all monsters in the Bestiary.
- All Swords Obtained! (Gold): Acquired all the swords.
- Congratulations! (Platinum): Unlock all other trophies.
Additionally, there are 34 secret trophies:
- Bested Eelagon! (Bronze): Defeated Eelagon without taking damage.
- Bested Queen Bee! (Bronze): Defeated Queen Bee without taking damage.
- Bested Giga Golem! (Bronze): Defeated Giga Golem without taking damage.
- Bested Kraken! (Bronze): Defeated Kraken without taking damage.
- Bested Dragon! (Bronze): Defeated Dragon without taking damage.
- Bested Dark Knight! (Bronze): Defeated Dark Knight without taking damage.
- Bested Fuelle! (Bronze): Defeated Fuelle without taking damage.
- Bested Onyx! (Bronze): Defeated Onyx without taking damage.
- Found Sue! (Bronze): You found Sue.
- Found Ai! (Bronze): You found Ai.
- Rescued the Princess! (Bronze): The princess was restored to her true form.
- Have a Nice Night? (Bronze): Spent the night in Raejack with the princess.
- The Adventure Continues... (Bronze): Cleared the game without restoring the princess.
- And Everyone Lived Happily Ever After! (Bronze): Cleared the game with the princess restored.
- Booked Eelagon! (Bronze): Booked Eelagon in the Bestiary.
- Booked Queen Bee! (Bronze): Booked Queen Bee in the Bestiary.
- Booked Giga Golem! (Bronze): Booked Giga Golem in the Bestiary.
- Booked Kraken! (Bronze): Booked Kraken in the Bestiary.
- Booked Dragon! (Bronze): Booked Dragon in the Bestiary.
- Booked Dark Knight! (Bronze): Booked Dark Knight in the Bestiary.
- Booked Fuelle! (Bronze): Booked Fuelle in the Bestiary.
- Obtained the Ancient Sword! (Bronze): Acquired the Ancient Sword.
- Obtained the Holy Sword! (Bronze): Acquired the Holy Sword.
- King Block's Seal of Approval! (Bronze): Acquired a sword from King Block.
- That's a Big Fat Sword! (Bronze): Maxed out the Giga Sword.
- You're a Survivor! (Bronze): Survived Spelunker mode for 10 hours.
- Triple 7s! (Bronze): Collected 777G.
- Obtained the Hero Shield! (Bronze): Acquired the Hero Shield.
- Spelunker's Savior! (Bronze): Cleared the Spelunker event.
- Booked Onyx! (Silver): Booked Onyx in the Bestiary.
- Wow! You obtained the Hero Sword! (Silver): Acquired the Hero Sword.
- Flawless Hero! (Silver): Cleared the game without dying.
- And the World was Saved! (Silver): Cleared the game in FROM mode.
- Spelunker Extraordinaire! (Gold): Cleared Spelunker mode.