Hire some pawns in the Rift that can carry a lot of weight. Then, go to Cassardis' Inn, and unequip all possible equipment. Clear out your inventory by putting everything in storage, then exit the inn. Go straight until you reach Iola's vegetable shop, which should be located on your left. Purchase as many carrots as you and your pawns can carry, then return to the inn, and sleep for three days (it is recommended you do this in offline mode so you do not have to wait through server dialogue). When you finish resting for the third day, check your carrots, and they should be molded. Go to Iola's shop, and when she arrives (look for her to come from the direction of the beach), sell her all of the carrots that molded to make a good profit each time. Repeat this as many times as desired. Note: If you carry the carrots for more than three days, they will rot and not be worth much gold. Additionally, this glitch was done on an unpatched version of the game.Easy loot
Late in the game, go to the Chamber Of Fate (located on the western side of the Everfall), and enter the first chamber. Proceed forward through the chamber until you cause monsters to spawn ahead of you. Then, turn around, and loot the two chests that were positioned behind you as you entered the chamber. Run back out the door without engaging the monsters. You can then turn around and go back into the cave, where the chests and monsters will spawn again. Repeat this process as many times as desired.Easy rare items
Level your main character as a Strider until you get the "Master Thief" ability. Then, walk the road north of Gran Soren just past the bridge until you find a random pawn. Use the "Master Thief" ability on him or her. You will steal two items from them. Occasionally these will be rare items, such as the Veterans Peridot. Run away from that pawn just enough so they vanish from sight. Run back to them, and you will be able to steal from them again. Repeat this process as many times as desired. Note: This is also a good way to steal quest items, such as the Sour Ambrosial Meat.Easy healing
When you reach Gran Soren, purchase 100 empty flasks. Then, go north from Grab Soren, and look for a glowing rock pillar. It is a wellspring, and the water has healing properties. Fill your flasks with the water from the spring, and give them to your team. These potions will restore more health than any remedy or herb in the game and are easy to refill when you are running low.Easy item storage
Normally if you are traveling and become over-encumbered, you will need to find an innkeeper or traveler camp to choose items to send back to your camp. However, you can also give any items you do not need at that time to a support pawn, and then send the pawn away. Your items will be taken back to camp, and you will be able to continue without being over-encumbered. You can send back as much unnecessary equipment as the pawn is capable of carrying.Custom color shop
Sometime after you deliver the Hydra Head to Gran Soren, a pawn dressed like a monk will show up in the tent where you obtained your first pawn at the encampment next to Cassardis. He sells custom hair, brows, eyes, and skin colors, as well as other items for Rift Crystals.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- The True Arisen (Platinum): Collected all other Dragon's Dogma trophies.
- The Laborer (Bronze): Completed 50 notice board quests.
- The Hero (Silver): Completed all pre-planned, non-notice board quests.
- Human Resources (Bronze): Changed your vocation.
- The Specialist (Silver): Learned all the skills of a single vocation.
- The Veteran (Bronze): Defeated 3,000 enemies.
- Local Recruit (Bronze): Directly enlisted a pawn to your party.
- Foreign Recruit (Bronze): Enlisted a pawn to your party from beyond the rift.
- The Captain (Bronze): Enlisted a large number of pawns.
- Inhuman Resources (Bronze): Changed your main pawn's vocation.
- The Savior (Bronze): Used a Wakestone to restore the dead to life.
- The Knave (Bronze): Obtained a forgery.
- The Craftsman (Bronze): Combined two materials to make an item.
- Well Equipped (Bronze): Obtained 350 pieces total of weapons and armor.
- A Queen's Regalia (Bronze): Dressed a male party member in women's clothing.
- The Philanthropist (Bronze): Gave 50 presents.
- The Escort (Bronze): Acted as a reliable travel companion.
- Affinity and Beyond (Bronze): Raised a person's affinity to the maximum.
- Into Dripstone Cave (Bronze): Entered the azure caverns.
- Into the Ancient Quarry (Bronze): Entered the ancient quarry.
- Into Soulflayer Canyon (Bronze): Entered the Soulflayer Canyon.
- Into the Manse (Bronze): Entered the duke's manse.
- Into the Frontier Caverns (Bronze): Entered the southwestern caves.
- The Tourist (Bronze): Visited 50 locations.
- The Vagabond (Bronze): Visited 100 locations.
- The Explorer (Silver): Visited 150 locations.
- The Ever-Turning Wheel (Gold): Completed the adventure a second time.
- The Coin Collector (Silver): Earned a total of 10,000,000G.
- The Patron (Bronze): Helped Madeleine open her shop.
Additionally, there are 22 secret trophies:
- It Begins (Bronze): Completed the prologue.
- Onward (Bronze): Departed from Cassardis.
- A New Ally (Bronze): Summoned your own pawn.
- Getting a Head (Bronze): Earned the approval of the Enlistment Corps.
- The Courier (Bronze): Entered Gran Soren.
- Writ Large (Bronze): Received a writ from the castle.
- Come Courting (Bronze): Attended an audience with the duke.
- The Message (Bronze): Received the duke's commendation.
- Rough Landing (Bronze): Completed the urgent mission.
- Destiny (Bronze): Accepted the Godsbane blade.
- Treacherous (Bronze): Peered into the very depths of the world.
- Freedom (Bronze): Escaped the yoke of eternity.
- Mercy (Bronze): Dealt the blow of deliverance.
- Solitude (Bronze): Obtained the almighty power of sovereignty.
- Servitude (Bronze): Soar unto a new world.
- Peace (Bronze): Took refuge in an illusion.
- Closure (Gold): Put an end to all things.
- Headshunter (Bronze): Defeated a hydra or archydra.
- Eye Contact (Bronze): Defeated an evil eye.
- Serpents' Bane (Bronze): Defeated a drake, wyrm, and wyvern.
- The Messiah (Gold): Defeated the Ur-Dragon.
- Dragon Forged (Silver): Strengthened equipment in wyrmfire.