Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding award:
- The Real Ghostbuster: Most ghosts trapped or destroyed.
- Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost: Least amount of knockouts.
- Medic: Most revivals of teammates.
- Most Revived: Most times revived by a teammate.
- Marathon Runner: Longest total distance traveled in the match.
- Slowpoke: Shortest total distance traveled in the match.
- Slime Magnet: Most times slimed.
- Rollin In Dough: Most cash earned in the match.
- Broke: Least cash earned in the match.
- Tech Head: Most power-ups collected in the match.
- Purist: Fewest power-ups collected in the match.
- Itchy Trigger Finger: First Person to shoot in the round.
- Nice Shootin Tex: Highest accuracy with the Proton beam (including the Boson Dart).
- Light Show: Lowest accuracy with the Proton beam (including the Boson Dart).
- Dead Aim: Most ghosts hit with the Meson Collider (including alternate fire).
- Darkest Matter: Most ghosts hit with the Shock Blast (including the Stasis beam).
- Ghosticle: Most ghosts frozen with the Stasis Beam.
- Slimer: Most shots with the Slime Blower (including the Slime Tether).
- Befriender: Most ghosts turned into good guys with Pink Slime.
- Duckin and Dodgin: Most dodges and jumps.
- Slammer: Most wrangled ghost slams.
- Long Time Wrangler: Longest ghost wrangle.
- Demolitions Man: Most ghosts damaged in a single explosion.
- Keeping An Eye Out: Longest period of time in PKE goggle view.
- My Ghosts My Trap: Most ghosts trapped in your own trap.
- We Came We Saw: First person to trap 10 ghosts.
- Destruction Master: Most Evil Relics destroyed.
- Smashy Smashy: First player to destroy 10 Evil Relics.
- Blink Out: Most ghosts eliminated by destroying Evil Relics.
- Rampager: Shortest period of time between destroying two Evil Relics.
- Soul Survivor: Longest run without getting knocked out.
- Team Savior: Revived each teammate at least once.
- First Death: First knockout of the round.
- Commando: Highest ghost defeat to player knockout ratio.
- MVP: Most points in Slime Dunk.
- Slimer Wrangler: Longest amount of time wrangling Slimer.
- Slimer Dodger: Least number of times knocked down by Slimer.
- Gloop Dreams: First person to perform 5 Slime Dunks in the match.
- Best Rescuer: Most Artifacts returned to the safe zone.
- First Rescuer: First player to destroy an Artifact thief.
- Red Handed: The player who destroys the most Artifact thieves.
- True Protector: Trap three ghosts in a row while the active PKE Disruptor remains undamaged.
- Comeback Kid: Trap three ghosts in "Sudden Death".
- Vendetta: Be the first to destroy or capture a ghost after it has damaged a PKE Disruptor.
The player ranks in order are as follows:
- Intern Ghostbuster
- Supernatural Investigator
- Novice Ghostbuster
- Paranormal Examiner
- Slime Collector
- Spook Spotter
- Spirit Trapper
- Proton Slinger
- Slimer Snagger
- Phantom Blaster
- Ecto Exterminator
- Elite Ghostbuster
- Wraith Wrangler
- Soul Hunter
- Specter Slayer
- Defender of New York
- Ghostbuster of the Year
Successfully complete the indicated tasks in the following locations:
Library (Reading Room, Basement Stacks, Twisted Stacks)
- The Book Of Pain: Successfully complete any job in any of the Library levels.
- Captain Of The Guard: Capture The Book Of Pain, and kill twenty paper enemies.
- Olga The Terrible: Capture the Captain Of The Guard, and successfully complete five jobs in the Library.
- Dredge: Capture Olga The Terrible, and successfully complete ten Library thief jobs.
Times Square (Streets, Office, Rooftops)
- Smelly Ned: Successfully complete five containments in the Times Square maps.
- Dolnasky: Capture Smelly Ned, and collect fifty power-ups.
- Grimgreave: Capture Dolnasky, and kill twenty gargoyles and/or cherubs using slams.
- Binky: Capture Grimgreave, and successfully complete ten survivals on the Times Square maps.
Museum (Rotunda, Mayan, Egypt)
- Grundel: Successfully complete five Museum protections.
- Sharpshooter Bailey: Capture Grundel, and capture fifteen civil war ghosts.
- The Maestro: Capture Sharpshooter Bailey, and successfully complete ten Museum survival jobs.
- Grand Pappy Sargassi: Capture The Maestro and successfully complete fifteen jobs on the Museum levels.
Cemetery (Graveyard, Altar, Lost Temple)
- Mad Mad Minimo: Earn $50,000 in any Cemetery job. Must be in a single match (survival recommended).
- The Darkest: Capture Mad Mad Minimo, and kill fifteen Black Slime monsters.
- The Clawed Menace: Capture The Darkest, and kill fifty Cemetery crawlers (spider like tombstone creatures).
- The Uprising: Capture The Clawed Menace, and successfully complete ten survival jobs in the Cemetery.
Any level except for Slime Dunk
- Rotten Slimer: Capture 10 Slimers.
- Wee Slimer: Capture Rotten Slimer, and win at least three Slime Dunks.
- Polar Slimer: Capture Wee Slimer, and achieve twenty Slime Dunks on each of the Slime Dunk maps.
- Glutton Slimer: Capture Polar Slimer, and successfully complete 60 jobs.
Check your messages when you get back from the "Stay Puft Marshmallow" level. The new person's father or friend says "You're doing adequate work out there Luke, keep it up!". This reveals that his name is Luke Hoss.Spider Witch preview
When hunting Slimer, you will find room 1221, the Spider Witch's room. Looking through the Paragoogles at the lower left decoration will reveal a glowing spider.Spanish headlines
In the firehouse after the "Shador Island" level, there are Spanish newspapers scattered all over. The headline reads "Un Cubano En El Cosmos", which means "A Cuban in Space".Fan fiction reference
Go upstairs at Ghostbusters headquarters. You can find a drawing by a child on pink paper hanging near some electrical equipment. The text "To Uncle Egon, from Ed." appears on it. This is a reference to the fan fiction Ghostbusters videos "Freddy vs. Ghostbusters" and "The Return Of The Ghostbusters" which features Egon's nephew Ed Spengler.Ghostbusters reference
When you are in the hotel ballroom with Slimer, press [Action] by the piano to sometimes hear the same notes that Peter played in Dana's apartment in the first movie.
In the "Sedgewick Hotel" level, you will pass room 1204 while hunting for Slimer. Inside you can hear the original Ghostbusters commercial for the movie. This is also a reference to Dana Barrett, who had a habit of leaving her television turned on too loud.Ghostbusters II reference
In front of the water fountain in the firehouse is a window looking back into storage. You can see the "Ghostbusters II" sign and some doors from Ecto 1A.
When you are in the firehouse just before returning to the closed-up Sedgewick, play through the phone messages. You will hear a woman asking for the number to Ray's Occult bookstore.Indiana Jones reference
One of the messages on the answering machine is from a Professor Jones who is trying to locate the Vigo painting, stating that it belongs in a museum.Madame de Pompadour reference
The portrait of Ivo Shandor's mother on Shandor Island is modeled after Francois Boucher's 1750s portrait of Madame de Pompadour, courtesan to Louis the XV of France. Though a political and historically significant figure, she was essentially a prostitute.NES Ghostbusters reference
Look at one of the monitors on a desk upstairs at the Ghostbusters' headquarters. You can see the ending screen from Ghostbusters on the NES.O.J. Simpson reference
One of the messages from the Vigo painting is a reference to the O.J. Simpson trial. It reads, "I see the evil in the times to come. The glove won't fit."The Extreme Ghostbusters reference
When you are in the firehouse, go down by the containment unit. Look on one of the work desks to see a circular ghost trap that was used in the late 1990's cartoon called The Extreme Ghostbusters.The Real Ghostbusters reference
In the basement, on the far work station there is a PKE meter modeled after the one from The Real Ghostbusters.Watchmen reference
When listening to the answering machine messages, one will be of a man talking in a gruff voice asking, "Who busts the Ghostbusters?"Easy "Nice Shootin', Tex!" trophy
Use the following trick to get the "Nice Shootin', Tex!" trophy without having going through Story mode a second time. A memory card and hard drive are required. Have a completed saved game file on your hard drive. Start a new game on your memory card. Play past the training mission, and save the game as soon as you begin the hotel mission. Then, quit the game. Load the saved game file from the hard drive, and go to the final Boss. Go into the "Options" menu. Go to the "Game Play" setting, and change the "Memory" setting to the memory card. Defeat the Boss to get the trophy.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- We Came, We Saw... (Bronze): Complete the game on "Casual" or "Experienced" difficulty.
- Slam Dunk! (Bronze): Slam dunk a ghost into a trap.
- Slime Dunk! (Bronze): Trap a ghost using the Slime Tether.
- Stasis Dunk! (Bronze): Trap a ghost using the Stasis Stream.
- I Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghost! (Bronze): Trap a ghost.
- Aim for the Flat Top! (Bronze): Eliminate a creature.
- Heat 'Em Up (Bronze): Purchase all upgrades for the Proton Gun.
- Mother Pus Bucket! (Bronze): Purchase all upgrades for the Slime Gun.
- We be fast! They be slow! (Bronze): Purchase all upgrades for the Dark Matter Generator.
- I Don't Want My Face Burned Off (Bronze): Purchase all upgrades for the Meson Collider.
- The Destructor (Bronze): Complete the game with more than $3,000,000 in property damage.
- Nice Shootin', Tex! (Bronze): Complete the game with less than $100,000 in property damage.
- ...And You Want to Keep It? (Bronze): Collect a Cursed Artifact.
- I'm Picking Up A Signal... (Bronze): Obtain a 100% PKE scan on a paranormal creature.
- I'm a Ghostbuster, Not a Doctor! (Bronze): Revive your teammates 20 times.
- I Feel So Funky (Bronze): Get slimed by a charging ghost.
- Total Protonic Reversal (Bronze): Knock yourself down with your own weapon.
- You Gotta Try This Pole! (Bronze): Slide down the fire pole.
- It's Slime Time (Bronze): Use the Slime Tether on 15 ghosts.
- I Looked at the Trap, Ray! (Bronze): Recover 20 of your own full ghost traps.
- Kosher! (Bronze): Remedy a dubious food choice to make the bar mitzvah as orthodox as it can be.
- I Love You When You Rough-House! (Bronze): The tidy architectural office could use some Proton-based humbling.
- But the Kids Love Us! (Bronze): The children's reading room has a story to tell, but it will take more than your eyes to see it.
- You Never Studied (Bronze): Keep your ears open to learn everything you can about the Civil War.
- I've Quit Better Jobs Than This. (Bronze): Some ghosts had a real blowout in the Coat Room. Clean it up?
- Hedgebuster (Bronze): The hedge maze is a real eyesore; do some Protonic pruning.
- One down, on the Ground! (Bronze): Airborne coffins are an affront to gravity; use your Proton Pack to avenge Mother Nature!
- Ghostbusters Drinking Game (Bronze): Quench your thirst wherever possible to avoid being scared spitless.
- Loans Paid Off (Bronze): More than $100,000 earned in multiplayer.
- On the Payroll (Bronze): Successfully complete one multiplayer campaign.
- Egon's Guinea Pig (Bronze): Use one of every Pickup (both Power-ups and Equipment).
- Payday! (Bronze): Be the overall top earner in each multiplayer campaign setting.
- It's a Living (Bronze): Trap over 50 ghosts in your multiplayer Ghostbusting career.
- Wanted! (Bronze): Defeat three Most Wanted Ghosts.
- Employee of the Month (Bronze): Be top earner in each multiplayer job type.
- No Job Too Big (Bronze): Defeated all Most Wanted Ghosts
- Gozer's Most Wanted (Bronze): Successfully complete each Multiplayer job in every location.
- Overachiever (Bronze): Get over $2,500,000 in multiplayer, over 30 Post-Job Awards, 50 Jobs completed.
- Are You A God? (Gold): Complete the game on "Professional" difficulty.
- We Have the Tools! (Gold): Purchase all available equipment upgrades.
- Spores, Molds, and Fungus (Gold): Collect all Cursed Artifacts.
- Back Off Man. I'm A Scientist (Gold): Obtain 100% PKE scans for every paranormal creature.
- Platinum Trophy (Platinum): Awarded for outstanding performance in Ghostbusters!
Additionally, there are eight secret trophies:
- We Have the Talent! (Bronze): Complete the "Firehouse" training level.
- The Flowers Are Still Standing! (Bronze): Complete the "Welcome to the Hotel Sedgewick" level.
- Once S'more into the Breach (Bronze): Complete the "Panic in Times Square" level.
- Get Her! (Bronze): Complete the "Checking Out the Library" level.
- Ghost Fever Grips New York (Bronze): Complete the "Museum of (Super)Natural History" level.
- Somebody Saw a Cockroach on 12 (Bronze): Complete the "Return to the Sedgewick" level.
- Let Me Guess, Gozer Worshippers (Bronze): Complete the "Lost Island Rising" level.
- Disaster of Biblical Proportions (Bronze): Complete the "Central Park Cemetery" level.