Successfully complete the game on the "Fetish" difficulty setting, then press Down(2), Circle, Up, Square, Triangle, Square, R2, Up(2), L1, Triangle at the title screen. If you entered the code correctly, the message "God Mode" will appear at the bottom of the screen. Note: The game cannot be saved while this code is enabled.
Use the following trick to save the game while in God mode. Enable the God mode code, then finish a few levels with a three star rank or higher until you get a bonus level (Hard as Nails, Brawl, ect.). Then, play one of the bonus levels, die, and quit. This will reset the codes you enabled. Next, play any easy level and save at one of the check points. You will keep all the stars that you have earned with the cheat codes.Alternate title screen
Successfully complete the game, then press L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 at the title screen to hear a backwards message being whispered. Note: A new segment of whispering can be heard each time the buttons are pressed.Hard as Nails mini-game
Successfully complete levels 1 through 5 with a three star or greater rank to unlock the Hard as Nails mini-game.Brawl Game mini-game
Successfully complete levels 6 through 10 with a three star or greater rank to unlock the Brawl Game mini-game.Monkey See, Monkey Die! mini-game
Successfully complete levels 11 through 15 with a three star or greater rank to unlock the Monkey See, Monkey Die! mini-game.Time 2 Die mini-game
Successfully complete levels 16 through 20 with a three star or greater rank to unlock the Time 2 Die mini-game.Getting a five star rank
Play on the "Hardcore" difficulty setting and either do lots of gruesome executions or get lots of kills, and finish the level as fast as you can. Also, be stealthy and avoid confrontations as much as possible. Fist fights or ruined stealth opportunities make you lose time and lower your ranking.Opening gates
When on a level that requires a crowbar to open a gate, just shoot the lock with a gun. You can now walk through the gate.Killing Piggsy
To finish off Piggsy, after you stab him three times go up the stairs and lure him onto the grate at the top level. The grate will bend the first time and he will run away. Lure him back upstairs and onto the grate for a second time and he will fall through. Make sure that you are also not on the grate or you will suffer a similar fate as Piggsy.Early sawed-off shotgun in Born Again level
After you are let out of the execution room, you will soon find yourself in a basketball court where you have to defeat several gang members that are sent out after you. There is an opening in the fence around the court where you will see a posted sign reading "Vote Congressman Matthew R. Dione for Willington Mayor". Under the sign in the tall grass should be a sawed-off shotgun.Bonus item in Mouth Of Madness level
In this level, you must kill the smiley hunter on the tower and bring his body to the guard room. Kill the hunter on the tower and make sure to cut off his head. However, do not bring his body to the guard room (just his head). An intermission sequence will show you entering the guard room with only the head. Starkweather will say "For bringing this head I will leave you a little gift in the next location". Look around for the unknown item.Gruesome view
When a victim is on the ground begging for his life and before you finish him off, hold R3 and start attacking. The camera angle will then show a partial close-up view through the eyes of the victim, with you swinging away.Exploding head
In many instances a foe can lose his head in one of the death animations, such as baseball bat level 3 or wire level 3. If you smack a downed opponent in the head, their head will basically explode. If you have severed their head prior then go to smash it in, it will still explode as if the head were still attached to the body.Transforming head
Hit a save point with a throwable head with you. If you die, it will become a head with a bag wrapped around it.Grand Theft Auto 3 references
Towards the end of the game, the journalist on television doing a news report about Starkweather mentions Carcer City's police chief Gary Schaffer and his involvement with Starkweather. In Grand Theft Auto 3, on the Lips 106 radio station, a news report states "In nearby Carcer City, police chief Gary Schaffer's was cleared of corruption charges." It then continues to say "Let's hope those missing witnesses turn up soon."Grand Theft Auto: Vice City references
In the journalist's apartment, in the one room is a blue and white shopping bag with the words "Gash" written on the front of it. This is the same name of a department store in the North Point Mall in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
In the Fueled By Hate level go to the junkyard. The car crusher and its surroundings are the same from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's junkyard.
In the View Of Innocence level, on the second floor in one of the shoot out locations, look for a little counter with the words "Tarbrush Café" and a little picture of a coffee cup. The Tarbrush Cafe is the location where Tommy and Lance had to destroy in the Cop Land mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
The following codes have no effect until you complete both levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting to unlock them. Each code has two parts, each of which are unlocked by a specific two levels (for example, completing the Trained to Kill and Border Patrol levels with a five star rank unlocks the "Invisibility" cheat). When this is done, one half of a code will appear at the bottom of the image that is now unlocked in the "Bonus Features" menu. Once both halves (images) are unlocked, that specific code can now be activated in any level in the game.
Successfully complete the Born Again and Doorway into Hell levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press R2(2), L1, R2, Left, Right, Left, Right. This code allows unlimited sprint.Silence
Successfully complete the Road to Ruin and White Trash levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press R1, L1, R2, L1, Right, Left(3). Enemies will no longer be able to hear you.Regenerate
Successfully complete the Fuelled by Hate and Grounds for Assault levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press R2, Right, Circle, R2, L2, Down, Circle, Left.Helium Hunters
Successfully complete the Strapped for Cash and View of Innocence levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press R1(2), Triangle, Circle, Square, L2, L1, Down. Enemies will have high pitched voices.Fully Equipped
Successfully complete the Drunk Driving and Graveyard Shift levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press R1, R2, L1, L2, Down, Up, Left, Up. You will have all weapons.Super Punch
Successfully complete the Mouth of Madness and Doing Time levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press L1, Triangle(3), Circle(3), R1.Rabbit Skin
Successfully complete the Kill the Rabbit and Divided They Fall levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press Left, R1(2), Triangle, R1(2), Square, L1.Monkey Skin
Successfully complete the Press Coverage and Wrong Side of the Tracks levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press Square(2), R2, Down, Triangle, Square, Circle, Down.Invisibility
Successfully complete the Trained to Kill and Border Patrol levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press Square(3), Down, Square, Down, Circle, Up.Piggsy Skin
Successfully complete the Key Personnel and Deliverance levels with a five star rank on the hardcore difficulty setting. Then at the main menu, press Up, Down, Left(2), R1, R2, L1(2).
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Psychopath (Platinum): Unlock all trophies.
- He Never Saw it Coming (Bronze): Perform a gruesome execution.
- 5-Star Killer (Bronze): Earn a 5-star rating for any level.
- Drug Free is the Way to Be (Bronze): Complete any scene on Hardcore difficulty without using any painkillers.
- Bang, Bang, Boom (Bronze): Kill a hunter by shooting an explosive tank.
- No Crane, No Gain (Bronze): Crush a hunter with a refrigerator.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? (Bronze): Hide a victim's body in the shadows.
- Pink Mist (Bronze): Headshot a hunter with a sniper rifle.
- Brain Power (Bronze): Use a severed head to lure a hunter.
- Enemy Efficient (Bronze): Kill two hunters with one shotgun shell.
- Death from Behind (Silver): Complete any scene using only executions.
- Stick to the Shadows (Silver): Complete any scene going completely undetected.
- Hunter Season (Silver): Kill 45 hunters in one scene.
- Off With Their Heads! (Silver): Execute 20 hunters in one scene.
- Murderous (Gold): Complete every scene on Hardcore difficulty.
- Dangerous (Gold): Complete every scene on Fetish difficulty.
- 4-Star Freak (Gold): Earn a 4-star rating for every scene on Fetish Difficulty.
- 5-Star Fiend (Gold): Earn a 5-star rating for every scene on Hardcore Difficulty.
- Getting Your Hands Dirty (Bronze): Kill 10 hunters in one scene using only your fists.
- Swinging for the Fences (Bronze): Kill 10 hunters in one scene using a baseball bat.
- The Grim Reaper (Bronze): Kill 10 hunters in one scene using a sickle.
Additionally, there are 12 secret trophies:
- Ooh, Ooh, Aah, Aah! (Bronze): Play any scene wearing the Monkey skin.
- Follow the White Rabbit (Bronze): Complete any scene wearing the Rabbit skin.
- Line 'Em Up, Knock 'Em Down (Silver): Kill 30 hunters in Hard as Nails.
- Fun With Fisticuffs (Silver): Survive until 30 hunters have been killed in the Brawl Game.
- Ape Escape (Silver): Escape the Zoo alive in Monkey See, Monkey Die!
- You're Going Nowhere! (Silver): Kill all the Hoods in Time 2 Die in seven minutes or less.
- Hard as Nails (Silver): Earn at least three stars on scenes 1 through 5.
- Brawl Game (Silver): Earn at least three stars on scenes 6 through 10.
- Monkey See, Monkey Die! (Silver): Earn at least three stars on scenes 11 through 15.
- Time 2 Die (Silver): Earn at least three stars on scenes 16 through 20.
- Subtle Slaughter (Bronze): Perform an execution with the chainsaw.
- A Special Gift (Bronze): Bring the patrolling hunter's head to the Guard Room during "Mouth of Madness".