Have any character get to Rank 50 on Barrier Magic to get Field Barrier 3. Then, have that same character get to rank 8 on Black Magic to get Regenerate MP. When you walk around killing enemies for SP without fighting, you will regenerate the lost MP and never run out, effectively giving you an unlimited SP gain. A good area to do this trick is in the flying fortress just after Zola leaves the team and goes through the other warp. In the room just before you meet Szabo are three lasers. When set off, a flying Mecha Robo appears for each one. Each monster results in a 2 SP gain. Just run from the save point through the lasers and back to the save point. Continue running this path and saving in between when the lasers stop dropping monsters.
When you reach the primitive cube, before you enter the ruins, outside you will find butterfly monsters. Activate Field Barrier 3. Place your character in the center of the field, and tape the Left Analog-stick Up and Right Analog-stick Right. If done correctly, you will run around killing endless spawns of these monsters for +2 SP each. This is best done with MP Regeneration. You can reach level 99 in a Shadow in less than an hour. Check regularly in case of skill obtaining, and also if the butterflies get in a perfect chasing distance. If they do this, activate the barrier again and continue. This trick is also best done with Eyepatch or Black Belt.Easy experience
Immediately after the scene where the strange voice tells your characters to swallow the light spheres (after fighting the land shark), there is a chance to gain at least three or four levels in both class rank and character level. You have the choice to escape using the Mechat machine, but do not. Instead, fight the horde of robot enemies. Note: This may take awhile, but the experience gained can really help your characters for what later in the game.
The Underground River area on Disc 2 is a good location to level up your characters fairly easily. Go to the end of the area where you can find lots of the Kelelon things, then just keep battling them repeatedly as they will keep respawning. Note: Try using R to surround as many monsters in your radius as possible. The Underground River is also has lots of other respawning monsters.Barrier Chest locations
- 1. Ancient Caverns: Bellybutton Ring of Fire
- 2. Drill Machine - 2F: Ancient Warrior's Necklace
- 3. Wilderness Camp: Ancient Warrior's Bracelet
- 4. Lot Wilderness East: Cross Trainers
- 5. Undersea Caverns: Flip-Flops
- 6. Alumaru Village: Alacrity Elixir
- 7. Jibral(before you enter the second gates): Poo Bracelet
- 8. Jibral - Eternal Engine Lab: Shell Earring
- 9. Baroy Town: Generalist Heart
- 10. Baroy Town: Flawless Sapphire
- 11. Baroy Town: Barrier Magic Heart
- 1. Mural Town: Black Belt
- 2. Exile Forest - Caverns: Epistle of the King Ghost
- 3. Jibral Castle: Lv5-Waterus
- 4. Jibral Castle Lounge: Shell Badge
- 5. Jibral Castle Courtyard: Chain
- 6. Underground River: Shoes of the Ancients
- 7. Ancient Factory: Crystal Ring
- 8. Wire Highlands: Crystal Bracelet
- 1. Lot Wilderness West: Bellybutton Ring of Water
- 2. Gul Mountains: 3000 Gold
- 3. Alumaru Village: Mirror Earring
- 4. Wire Highlands: Cross Trainers
- 5. Devour Village: Stone Shoes
- 1. Mural Town: Gravitic Ring
- 2. Jibral Castle: Lv6-Groundus
- 3. Ancient Factory: Ballet Shoes
- 4. Ancient Prison: Champion's Belt
- 5. Pachess Town: Belt of Hermes
- 6. Pachess Town: Lv6-Zephyrus
- 7. Pachess Town: Lv6-Quickus
- 8. Devour Village: Medals(9)
- 1. Mural Town: Eternity Earring
- 2. Sea Cube: Renewal Bracelet
- 3. Lal Mountains Camp: Missile Upgrade Part B
- 4. Devour Village: Ribbon
- 5. Exile Forest - Caverns: Lock-On Upgrade Part B
- 6. Mecha Base - 1F: Ballet Shoes
- 7. Mecha Base - 2F: Belt of Hermes
- 8. Mecha Base - 3F: Eternity Bracelet
- 9. Mecha Robo Cube: Mega HP Up Elixir
- 10. Mecha Robo Cube: Mega HP Up Elixir
- 1. Lock-On Upgrade Part A: Aurora Ruins (Boss Fight)
- 2. Lock-On Upgrade Part B: Exile Forest
- 3. Missile Upgrade Part A: 4F Mecha Base
- 4. Missile Upgrade Part B: Lal Mountains Camp
- 5. Coating Part A: 4F Upper Mecha Base
- 6. Coating Part B: Kelaso Village
- 7. Heatsink Parts: Eastern Deserted Island
- 8. Laser Barrier Parts: Sea Cube (Boss Fight)
- 9. Weapon Parts: Ancient Ruins Forest
You must have the Stun Bomb and Stealth field abilities. Go towards an enemy that normally runs away upon seeing you while under the effect of Stealth (for example, Kelolons). Toss a Stun Bomb at the monster. If done correctly, after the Stun Bomb loses its effect on the monster, it will begin to flee. However, since it cannot see you because you are under the effect of Stealth, it will keep running until you become visible again.Defeating Moody Dragon
You can find the hidden Boss, Moody Dragon, while leveling up your characters in the Underground River. This Boss is found at random, so it may take some time. Try being at level 27 or above to defeat Moody Dragon. Use physical attacks, or anything except Shadowa. He has about 2,500 HP. After defeating Moody Dragon, you will get a nice reward.Easy "Simultaneous Encounter, Over 10 Parties" achievement
At the end of the Underground River area should be a location with a large number of Kelolon monsters. Use the "Fleeing enemies keep running" glitch to cause the Kelelons to keep running until they all run into the invisible wall that prevents them from falling off the edge. This may take some time as they slowly move sideways across the invisible wall. Eventually ten or more of them will get close enough for you to attack all of them at once. Make sure you keep your Stealth active the entire time or they will jump into the ground and hide, forcing you to start over again.Easy "Successfully Arrive Before The Time Limit Expires" achievement
Use the following trick to accomplish this achievement easily while defeating all unique enemies on this airship. Make sure one of your characters has field barrier. Start each by floor defeating the two or three characters that are unique, then activate your field barrier. You will not have to kill them again. Bouncing into them and instantly killing them costs no time, while a regular fight takes about thirty seconds. It should be easy to complete this level in about 40 minutes.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- All Barriers Released (25 points): Release all barriers.
- 1,000,000 Gold Accumulated (25 points): Accumulate 1,000,000 gold.
- 100 Back Attacks (30 points): Successfully pull off 100 back attacks.
- 100 Monster Fights (30 points): Set up over 100 monster fights.
- All Characters Level MAX (50 points): Get all characters to level 99.
- All Warp Clip Set (25 points): Activate all warp monuments.
- Dragon, 1 Category Rank MAX (30 points): Max out the rank of one category for Dragon.
- Dragon, All Category Rank MAX (50 points): Max out the rank of all categories for Dragon.
- Item Dictionary Complete (25 points): Complete all entries in the item dictionary.
- Mechat Shooting, ST1, Perfect (30 points): Clear Mechat shooting with no damage.
- Minotaur, 1 Category Rank MAX (30 points): Max out the rank of one category for Minotaur.
- Minotaur, All Category Rank MAX (50 points): Max out the rank of all categories for Minotaur.
- Monster Dictionary Complete (25 points): Complete all entries in the monster dictionary.
- Phoenix, 1 Category Rank MAX (30 points): Max out the rank of one category for Phoenix.
- Phoenix, All Category Rank MAX (50 points): Max out the rank of all categories for Phoenix.
- Rare Item "Dragon Bracelet" (10 points): Find the rare item Dragon Bracelet.
- Rare Item "Ultimate Conflict Necklace" (10 points): Find the rare item Ultimate Conflict Necklace.
- Rare Item "Ultimate Weapon Bracelet" (10 points): Find the rare item Ultimate Weapon Bracelet.
- Rare Monster "Gold Mecha Robo" (30 points): Defeat Gold Mecha Robo.
- Rare Monster "Golden Unchi-Snake" (30 points): Defeat Golden Unchi-Snake.
- Rare Monster "Ousama Unchi-kun" (30 points): Defeat Ousama Unchikun.
- Simultaneous Encounter, Over 10 Parties (30 points): Successfully pull off over 10 parties of simultaneous encounters and defeat all the monsters.
- Successful Back Attack (5 points): Successfully pull off a back attack.
- Successful Simultaneous Encounter (5 points): Successfully pull off a simultaneous encounter.
- Wagon Defense, Perfect (30 points): Clear wagon defense with no damage.
Additionally, there are eighteen secret achievements:
- Complete Mechat Shooting Stage 2 Perfectly (30 points): Destroy all machine guns on Mecha Base High and take no damage while completing Mechat Shooting Stage 2.
- Complete Mechat Shooting Stage 3 Perfectly (30 points): Complete Mechat Shooting Stage 3 without taking any damage.
- Get Surprise Attacked 50 times (0 points): Allow monster parties to attack you from behind 50 times.
- Install ALL MECHAT UPGRADE PARTS (10 points): Obtain all nine Mechat upgrade parts and then install them all at the Mechat Dock. You do not have to install them all at once.
- Moon Laser Perfect (30 points): Complete the Moon Laser mini-game and get the "Perfect Bonus". Note: You cannot take damage or hit any of the moons for no damage.
- Obtain All Dragon Items (10 points): Defeat all five dragons and open the chests they leave behind.
- Reach MAX Rank For All Of The Killer Bat's Categories (50 points): Reach rank 99 in all nine categories for the Killer Bat shadow. Do not use a heart item to go from rank 98 to 99 in any category.
- Reach MAX Rank For All Of The Saber Tiger's Categories (50 points): Reach rank 99 in all nine categories for the Saber Tiger shadow. Do not use a heart item to go from rank 98 to 99 in any category.
- Reach MAX Rank In Any Category For The Killer Bat (30 points): Reach rank 99 in any one category for the Killer Bat shadow. Do not use a heart item to go from rank 98 to 99.
- Reach MAX Rank In Any Category For The Saber Tiger (30 points): Reach rank 99 in any one category for the Saber Tiger shadow. Do not use a heart item to go from rank 98 to 99.
- Run Away 50 times (0 points): Run away from 50 different encounters.
- Successfully Arrive Before The Time Limit Expires (5 points): Reach Nene's throne room at the top of Nene's Fortress before the time limit expires.
- Successfully Close The Door (5 points): Complete the "close the door" dexterity game in the Giant Mechat without allowing any Mecha Robos to get through.
- Successfully Escape From The Ostrich Mecha Robo (5 points): Complete the Ostrich dexterity game in Nene's Fortress without allowing it to stomp on you and then select "Run".
- Successfully Make Your Shadow Emerge (5 points): Complete the shadow dexterity game in Devour Village quickly.
- Successfully Pull In The Giant Mechat (5 points): Complete the "pull in the Giant Mechat" dexterity game without angering any of the Gohgohs.
- Successfully Remove The Neck Ring (5 points): Complete the neck ring dexterity game that occurs in Nene's Fortress quickly.
- Successfully Save Kluke (5 points): Press the indicated button one time each time it appears on screen during the event when Kluke is thrown off the giant green Mecha Robo.