Successfully complete the game, and save when prompted to unlock New Game + mode. Select New Game + mode to begin a second playthrough with all previously obtained weapons, armor, and souls. However, you do not keep unique items like keys or Embers. The enemies will also be more difficult during the second playthrough. Their health and attack values are raised nearly twice as much from the first playthrough.
Go to a bonfire, and interact with it so there are no enemies around you. Then, unequip your head slot item, and equip either the Grass Crest Shield or Cloranthy Ring. Equip the Dragon Head Stone with the soul or item you wish to duplicate directly after it. Face forward, and use the Dragon Head Stone again while holding X. Immediately afterwards, turn around while still holding X, and press Down on the D-pad to switch to the item used. Release X for a split second, then hold it again. If done correctly, your character should be able to run around with his hands above his head. Repeat this as many times as desired.
This trick requires a bow (can be purchased from the merchant in the Undead Burg) and arrows. Once you reach the point where you are underneath the bridge where the Red Dragon is resting, you will be able to see its tail sticking out just over the right side. If you shoot the base of the tail, the dragon will swoop over the bridge and spray fire, killing all enemies on top, includes the skeletons. You will be awarded 300 souls for their deaths. Then, jump off the side of the underpass, climb back up the ladder from where you respawn below, and grab the souls. Repeat this process as many times as desired. You can get 300 souls in approximately 30 seconds each time. Note: You must jump off the side or die before shooting the Red Dragon again to get it to do its flaming attack on the bridge again.
After defeating the Taurus Demon, you will be looking at the Hellkite Dragon across a bridge. Run along the left side of the bridge, avoiding arrows from the Undead, and try to make it to the far left corner of small walled area. Stand there to avoid the fire from the dragon, while the enemies on the bridge die from it. You will get 300 souls. Then, go across to the stairwell parallel to your position. Descend and move across to the stairwell directly under your previous position. You can then kick down a ladder which allows you to access the last bonfire. Rest, go back up the ladder, and slowly walk over to the stairwell that led down from the surface of the bridge. If you step on the purplish stone of the bridge (just past the railing of the stairwell), the dragon will descend upon the bridge and breath fire, killing all the enemies again, and giving you another 300 souls. Repeat this as much as desired. Note: Make sure to roll back down the stairwell so you do not catch on fire.
You can easily kill the Black Knight in the Undead Burg with three or four strikes when you are not a very strong character. First, stock up on large arrows and throwing knives. You will be using the bridge you previously crossed while being targeted by firebombers. Run to the Black Knight, and shoot him with an arrow to get his attention. As soon as he starts chasing you, go back to the room that previously had two axe users and the Undead Knight. Turn around and close the door. Then, go out on the bridge, and start shooting him with the bow and arrow. When you run out of arrows, change to throwing knives. The Black Knight should fall, and you will gain 600 souls. Next, sit at a bonfire, and then repeat the process as many times as desired.
Note: This trick requires you are not part of the Forest Hunters covenant. Spend 20,000 souls to purchase the Astoria Crest from the Undead Parish blacksmith that opens the Astoria (glowing) door in Darkroot Forest. Then, go to the door in Darkroot Forest, and break the false wall to the left of it to find a hidden bonfire. Open the door, and kill the enemies to get 7,000 souls. You can easily kill the enemies by running around and getting them to chase you. Then, hide in the corner on the small ledge below the staircase next to the cliff (near the ghost knight with the two-handed sword and shield on the back), and wait for the enemies to run up the staircase and off the ledge and die. Once all enemies are dead, rest at the bonfire, then repeat the process as many times as desired.
In the Catacombs is a cave with a large pool of water. Baby skeletons continually and infinitely spawn in the water when you step in it. They die with one shot from a large arrow or a jump attack from a two-handed weapon. Equip the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, and keep killing the baby skeletons to get a lot of humanity. However, you first must defeat some larger enemies in the area before you can easily kill the baby skeletons from a distance with arrows and not worry about getting attacked. The larger enemies throw fireballs, but they have to first charge up, and a hit from an arrow will interrupt them. Note: The baby skeletons' attacks can make you Toxic if they hit you enough. They will also disappear when you defeat them, taking their items with them. Thus, watch for the white glow when you kill one, and immediately grab the humanity before they disappear.
Use the following trick after getting killed so you do not have to repeat game play to get humanity and souls back. When you die, immediately quit the game or turn off the system and save. The game now has saved the fact that you have been killed and made the bloodstain with souls and humanity, but still has the old saved location. You should be standing a few feet from your bloodstain.
When fighting the Armored Rhino in the Undead Burg, defeat it with your weapons instead of using the nearby fire pits. It has a chance to drop the creature's head, which can be used as a helm.
In Sen's Fortress, when you reach the room with the device that controls the giant boulders, move the pedestal so it sends a few boulders down every doorway. In one of the paths, a gap will be bridged by the first boulder, and the second will have broken a hole in the wall. Just beyond that hole is the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring.
Go through the Great Hollow, which is accessed by reaching the swamp in Blighttown. At the end of Ash Lake is the Everlasting Dragon. Enter into a covenant with the Everlasting Dragon to get into the "Path Of The Dragon" covenant and get the Dragon Head Stone and Dragon Eye.
Shoot the Red Dragon's tail off in the Undead Burg by snipping it from under the bridge with a bow to get the Drake Sword. It takes well over 150 arrows to shoot the tail off. The Drake Sword is one of the best weapons you can get early in the game. It has 200 attack strength.
To get the Gargoyle Tail Axe, you must cut the tail off the first Bell Gargoyle you fight. Once the first Gargoyle's HP reaches 50%, a second Gargoyle will appear with its tail already cut off. You might get a Gargoyle Shield or Halberd from the second Gargoyle.
To get the Moonlight Sword, you must cut the tail off Seath the Scaleless, which is directly opposite from the front of its body. It can be hard to get behind Seath, but the best time to get behind it is during its breath attack that makes spikes come out from under the floor. Immediately after the attack, get behind it, and attack its tail. Once you cut off the tail, you can pick up the weapon.
Once you have unlocked the elevator to the Undead Parish, take it up from Firelink Shrine, but jump off as soon as the demolished wall appears. You will now be on a platform just above the entrance to the elevators. Go around the corner, and sprint towards the edge. On the left, there will be a rounded edge of the cliff immediately across from a support pillar for the tower. Do a running jump off this rounded cliff onto the pillar. Once you have landed on the pillar, you will have to walk up the connecting stonework to the broken tower. Halfway up you will have to roll across an invisible barrier, but be careful, as the ledge is very thin. When you are on the tower, first collect the Asylum Basement Key on the corpse on top of the building. You can get it by going up the stairs to the left, and rolling off the tower onto the rounded building in front of you to collect it. Next, if you are careful, you can roll back onto the tower. If not, repeat the elevator-jump-pillar process. Then, go up the stairs, but this time, go around the corner and up the next set of stairs. This will give you access to the crows nest on top of the tower. You can now curl up in a ball, and wait until the crow comes and picks you up to transport you back to the Undead Asylum. The enemies will be much more powerful than they originally were, and there will be crumbling floors.
Note: This trick completely kills the Red Dragon, and you will not see it again in the game. Thus, if you need to get anything from it, do so before attempting this trick. You can do this shortly after ringing the first bell; the dragon should either be pacing the bridge, or standing at the entrance waiting for you. You may also have to go to the bridge entrance to lure him out. Go to the adjacent bridge where you fought the Taurus Demon. If the Dragon is in the correct position, you will be able to see him from the bridge. Go over to one of the places where the wall is broken on the right side of the bridge (the one right after a pile of bricks toward the middle of the bridge works well). Line up the arrow (this takes practice), and shoot it at the dragon. If done correctly, he should disappear from your screen. After approximately thirty seconds, you will hear a roar, and get 10,000 souls as well as a humanity.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- The Dark Soul (50 points): All achievements completed. Congratulations!
- Knight's Honor (25 points): Acquire all rare weapons.
- Wisdom of a Sage (25 points): Acquire all sorceries.
- Bond of a Pyromancer (25 points): Acquire all pyromancies.
- Prayer of a Maiden (25 points): Acquire all miracles.
- Covenant: Way of White (15 points): Discover Way of White covenant.
- Covenant: Gravelord Servant (25 points): Discover Gravelord Servant covenant.
- Covenant: Chaos Servant (25 points): Discover Chaos Servant covenant.
- Strongest Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through standard reinforcement.
- Crystal Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through crystal reinforcement.
- Lightning Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through lightning reinforcement.
- Raw Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through raw reinforcement.
- Magic Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through magic reinforcement.
- Enchanted Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through enchanted reinforcement.
- Divine Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through divine reinforcement.
- Fire Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through fire reinforcement.
- Chaos Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through chaos reinforcement.
- Enkindle (15 points): Light bonfire flame.
- Estus Flask (15 points): Acquire Estus Flask.
- Reach Lordran (15 points): Arrive in Lordran.
- Ring the Bell (Undead Church) (15 points): Ring Bell of Awakening at Undead Church.
- Ring the Bell (Quelaag's Domain) (15 points): Ring Bell of Awakening in Quelaag's domain.
- Rite of Kindling (15 points): Acquire the Rite of Kindling.
- Art of Abysswalking (15 points): Acquire the Art of Abysswalking.
- Reach Anor Londo (25 points): Arrive in Anor Londo.
- Lordvessel (25 points): Acquire the Lordvessel.
- Knight's Honor (25 points): Acquire all rare weapons.
Additionally, there are 15 secret achievements:
- To Link the Fire (90 points): Reach "To Link the Fire" ending.
- Dark Lord (90 points): Reach "The Dark Lord" ending.
- Covenant: Path of the Dragon (25 points): Discover Path of the Dragon covenant.
- Covenant: Darkwraith (25 points): Discover Darkwraith covenant.
- Covenant: Warrior of Sunlight (25 points): Discover Warrior of Sunlight covenant.
- Covenant: Forest Hunter (25 points): Discover Forest Hunter covenant.
- Covenant: Princess's Guard (25 points): Discover Princess's Guard covenant.
- Covenant: Blade of the Darkmoon (25 points): Discover Blade of the Darkmoon covenant.
- Occult Weapon (15 points): Acquire best weapon through occult reinforcement.
- Defeat the Dark Sun Gwyndolin (25 points): Defeat Dark Sun Gwyndolin, the Darkmoon God.
- Defeat Crossbreed Priscilla (25 points): Defeat Crossbreed Priscilla, the Lifehunter.
- Defeat Seath the Scaleless (25 points): Defeat Seath the Scaleless, inheritors of souls.
- Defeat Bed of Chaos (25 points): Defeat the Soul Lord Bed of Chaos.
- Defeat the Four Kings (25 points): Defeat the Four Kings, inheritors of souls.
- Defeat Gravelord Nito (25 points): Defeat the Soul Lord Gravelord Nito.
- Dark Lord (90 points): Reach "The Dark Lord" ending.