Target Marker Locations Guide
Pause the game and press Down(3), Up, Y, Up, Y, Up, Y, Up(3), Down, X, Down, X, Down, X, Left, Y, Right, X, Left, Y, Right, X, RB + LB. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a sound. Note: This code only works in Campaign mode on the Easy difficulty setting, and will only remain in effect for the current level and will be disabled when the game is stopped or after the level is completed.Infinite ammunition
Pause the game and press RT, RB, Y, X, Right, Down, Left, LB, LT, RT, RB, Y, X, Right, Down, Left, LB, LT, RT, LT, LB, RB, Y, Left, Down, X, RB + LB. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a sound. Note: This code only works in Campaign mode on the Easy difficulty setting, and will only remain in effect for the current level and will be disabled when the game is stopped or after the level is completed.500 Thermal Energy points added
Pause the game and press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, X, Y, RB + LB. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a sound. Note: This code only works in Campaign mode on the Easy difficulty setting, and will only remain in effect for the current level and will be disabled when the game is stopped or after the level is completed.Control intermission sequence view
During an intermission sequence, press B, A, X, Y, B, A, X, Y, B, A, X, Y to control the camera angle.Control ending sequence
Before "Test Player" is reached during the ending sequence, hold LT + LB + RT + RB + X + Y + B to control Wayne's LP-9999 VS. You can fly to the destroyed Akrid.Control loading screen
At any loading screen, press Fire to make the words shoot out like a cross between T-ENG and normal grenades.Extreme mode
Successfully complete the game to unlock the Extreme difficulty setting.Multiplayer characters
Reach the indicated level to unlock the corresponding character in Multiplayer mode:
- Gale: Level 45
- Hero: Level 75
- NEVEC: Level 55
- Stranger: Level 30
Reach the indicated level to unlock the corresponding costume in Multiplayer mode:
- Basic costumes: Level 1
- Third pattern for basic costumes: Level 10
- Third pattern for Gale: Level 50
- Third pattern for Hero: Level 80
- Third pattern for NEVEC: Level 65
- Third pattern for Stranger: Level 35
- Fourth pattern for basic costumes: Level 20
- Fourth pattern for Gale: Level 60
- Fourth pattern for Hero: Level 85
- Fourth pattern for NEVEC: Level 70
- Fourth pattern for Stranger: Level 40
In Multiplayer mode, you can taunt people by holding Start and pressing D-pad Up, Left, Right, and Down. Three of the taunts are the same for all the characters in almost the same way. However, the fourth taunt is different:
- Basic character #1 (pointed ears): Humping
- Basic character #2 (big helmet): Bow
- Basic character #3: Butt slap
- NEVEC: Stands straight as if in the army
- Soldier: Claps
- Stranger: Holds out his arm
- Yuri: Kneels as if praying
If you are taking heavy fire and would like to replenish your health (if you have Thermal Energy), get into the nearest VS. While it is doing the startup animation, you will be invincible for about five seconds.Farther anchor distance
To throw the anchor a little further, press A + X instead of just X.Getting rid of pursuers
If there are a lot of Akrid or other things chasing you while driving the sled VS, press LB to do a boost jump. While riding around, you can also jump snow piles and get air.Defeating the final Boss
When the battle first begins, notice the VS will fly around, doing various little spinning attacks. Fly towards him. While doing this, hold LT then release when next to the Boss (to do a horizontal slash). This takes a rather sufficient amount of health from the Boss. Occasionally when doing this you can also inflict a second hit, but be cautious of the homing missiles. The Boss will dart around shooting little lasers at you. To avoid them, simply follow in his direction to miss the attack entirely. Be aware, when the Boss reaches around 30% health it will call up two laser weapons. These will do massive damage if they hit you. One is horizontal, and the other is vertical. Notice when he gets ready for this attack he will throw his arms forward. This is your cue to get as far back as possible. The range on the lasers are fairly weak. When he is done, he will stand still for a brief moment and shoot missiles from his shoulders. Usually this is your cue to go in. The Boss does not have much of a pattern. Remember to hold LT until you are directly on him and release. Approximately nine well placed slashes are required to defeat the Boss.
First, gather up as much Thermal Energy as possible. On your way up the mountain make sure to destroy all of the Akrid hives. Get the rocket launcher on the metal slab coming out of the mountain. You can also grab the large VS laser if you want a back up. Then, climb to the top of the mountain but do not go into the cave. Stand at the top and wait for the moth to fly over you. Aim at the orange weak spots then shoot the tail part with your rocket launcher about two times. After the tail falls off do the same to the wings. A few more weak spots should appear near the top of his head. These are easier to hit with a charged laser shot. Once you defeat the giant moth he will crash into the side of the mountain. Note: The achievement will not appear until you complete the mission.Defeating the giant worm in Crossing The Plains
First, gather as much Thermal Energy as possible before you fight the worm. To get more Thermal Energy, destroy the surrounding heat tankards and activate the outpost. If you need more Thermal Energy, just kill the surrounding flying Akrid and their spawn points. Get a sled VS and attach either a rocket launcher or gatling gun (recommended). Ride it just to the entrance of the Snow Plain. If you ride it any further the worm will knock you off and destroy the VS. Once you get off the sled VS, take off the weapon you brought with you. The gatling gun is recommended because if you miss you can adjust your aim and keep shooting him unlike the rocket launcher. Wait until he emerges from the snow and be ready for him to either growl or charge at you. If he charges and hits you, you will die. You can either roll to the left or right. After the roll aim at his sides and you will see several weak points. Shoot at them until they explode and reveal a reddish boil. Continue to do this until they are all gone then switch sides. Once he is hurt enough he may start shooting flaming balls that explode from his backside; be ready to evade them. Once again you will see more weak points. Do the same thing as done with his head side and he will eventually die. When he dies he will leave behind a large deposit of Thermal Energy. Note: The worm will re-appear no matter how many times you kill it. The achievement will not appear until you complete the mission.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Mission 01 Cleared (10 points): Successfully complete Mission 01
- Worm Hunter (50 points): Defeat the giant worm.
- Moth Hunter (50 points): Defeat the giant moth.
- "EARTH" Explorer (10 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 01.
- Ace Medal (30 points): Collect 10 Ace Medals in Elimination matches online.
- Elimination Medal (30 points): Collect 10 Elimination Medals in Team Elimination matches online.
- Conqueror Medal (30 points): Collect 10 Conqueror Medals in Post Grab matches online.
- Hunting Medal (30 points): Collect 10 Hunting Medals in Fugitive matches online.
- Grand Slam (30 points): Collect all four types of medals in matches online.
- Online Master (50 points): Reach level 50 in online battle.
- Chain Killer (50 points): Waste 10 opponents in a row without dying in online battle.
- Head Hunter (50 points): Head shot 50 enemies in online battle.
Additionally, there are 23 secret achievements:
- Mission 02 Cleared (10 points): Successfully completed Mission 02
- "STORM" Explorer (10 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 02.
- Mission 03 Cleared (10 points): Successfully complete Mission 03.
- "MIRAGE" Explorer (10 points): find all of the target marks in Mission 03.
- Mission 04 Cleared (10 points): Successfully complete Mission 04.
- "METEOR" Explorer (10 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 04.
- Mission 05 Cleared (15 points): Successfully complete Mission 05.
- "AURORA" Explorer (15 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 05.
- Mission 06 Cleared (15 points): Successfully complete Mission 06.
- "THUNDER" Explorer (15 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 06.
- Mission 07 Cleared (15 points): Successfully complete Mission 07.
- "TORNADO" Explorer (15 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 07.
- Mission 08 Cleared (20 points): Successfully complete Mission 08.
- "VOLCANO" Explorer (20 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 08.
- Mission 09 Cleared (20 points): Successfully complete Mission 09.
- "RAINBOW" Explorer (20 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 09.
- Mission 10 Cleared (20 points): Successfully complete Mission 10.
- "BLIZZARD" Explorer (20 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 10.
- Mission 11 Cleared (30 points): Successfully complete Mission 11.
- "STARDUST" Explorer (30 points): Find all of the target marks in Mission 11.
- Master Pioneer (50 points): Collect all the target coins in each game variant.
- Online Century (50 points): Log more than 100 online matches.
- Extreme Soldier (150 points): Complete all eleven missions in Extreme mode.
Make your way to the building to the left from your beginning viewpoint. When at the back of the building with the stairs, go to the top or just stay on the ground, You should see a large wall with a nice designed bar gate. Press Y while aiming in the middle area where there is snow. Once at the top on this ledge, aim at the tip of the gate. Make your way over the gate to skip the fight with the large mech below the right building.Defeating the Snow Pirates (demo version)
Take the rifle that you find at the beginning of the level. Snipe the head of the rider of the VS. It will take about two or three shots but he always goes back to the same position for an easy snipe. Disregard all of the other people shooting at you. Run and get into the VS. Make your way to the end of the map. Then, get out of the VS and go through the door. Once in the next part of the level, run to the VS, which is on the ground forward and slightly to the right of you. Destroy the other VS that are trying to kill you. Note: The Boss VS is the VS jumping around.