Use the following trick to have three controllers assigned to the same team. Note: Player two must be using a wireless controller. Turn all three controllers on. Choose the same team with controllers one and two. Then, during the game, press Start on controller one. Enter the options menu, and turn off controller two. Using controller one, go to "Settings", then "Controller Setup". Slide controller three to the same team. Return to the pause menu. Just prior to resuming the game, turn controller two on again. If done correctly, that controller will rumble. All three players will now be on the same team after the next play.
Start a franchise with the trade deadline off. Sim or play the season to Week 17. Find out which team has the worst record. Trade your first draft pick for their first pick, and they will always accept. Note: You can also do this with second through seventh draft picks.
Off the line, without speed burst, instantly juke right then left. The CB will be fooled. Speed burst, run a 45 degree angle to the center of the field, and call for the ball. The CB should either be far away or behind you, and you will usually catch it for an easy touchdown. The following also works for large gains. Instead of right then left, do left then right, and catch the ball running up the line.
If you and an opponent are playing on the same Xbox 360 (and not on Xbox Live), you can disguise your play by holding A on the play you wish to choose. Then, scroll around the playbook, and release A when you want to go to the field. This is a good way to trick a friend who looks at your plays when you play a two player game.
Make sure you have all the desired players from your current league on your team before the last game (championship). You will not be able to get those players if you win the championship because you will move on to the next league.
Go the Free Agent screen in Franchise mode. Sign a free agent named Jordan Beck. He is a middle linebacker that is 71 overall. Change his position to defensive end, and he will be 90 overall. The same thing works for many other linebackers when changed to defensive end. You can also change Ladainian Tomlinson's position to linebacker. Do this, then trade for him. He will have an F trade rating, and his team will accept almost any player in a trade. Once signed, release him, then resign him to save cap room. Then, change his position back to running back. He will be 99 again. This can be done for lots of other players.
If you choose to create a Superstar, you will have to do drills after you create him. To avoid having to do drills, choose "Create A Player" (above "Create A Team" in the Features menu). Set the year he is born to1987. It should say at the bottom of the info menu that he is zero years pro. Put him on the team you want to use. After you customize his appearance, make his stats 99 overall. Then, go into the depth charts in the Features menu, and put him at the top of the depth chart at his position. Go back into Superstar mode, choose to play as a rookie, and your created superstar should be there with all the other rookies from the 2008 draft. Choose the superstar you created. You should now not have to do any drills and will go into the pre-season with the team you put your rookie on. If you put him at the top of the depth chart at his position before you went into Superstar mode, he should be a starter. -From: smith_5k
When you make your profile at the main menu, select the team that you want to be drafted by as your favorite team. When you start your Superstar Hall of Fame career and get to the draft, a message will appear stating "Would you be interested in being drafted by your favorite team?". Select "Yes", and you will be on that team.
Create a team using the Create-A-Team Builder. Use the "Fantasy Team" selection under the "Team Info" option to create your team. Select all Hall of Fame players for your team's positions. This will give your team a 99 overall rating. Save your created team, then start a new franchise. At the team selection screen, press Y to load your created team. Select your created team, then begin your franchise with them. Sim the games until it is time to play your first pre-season game. At the selection screen, choose the "Supersim" option. After the coin toss, press B to play the game. Play the opening kickoff or kickoff return, then pause the game. Select the "Supersim" option. Then, press Y and choose the option to sim the entire game. After the game is over, depending on how well your Hall of Fame created team played, you will be awarded with Ring Builder points and Gamerscore points for completed achievements during the simulated game. Repeat this process as much as desired. Note: You must participate in at least one play in the game or you will not be given credit for actually playing the game. -From: Jeremy Thomas
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- 60 Yard Pass (15 points): Complete a 60 yard pass.
- 60 Yard Run (15 points): Complete a 60 yard run.
- 90 Yard Pass (30 points): Complete a 90 yard pass.
- 80 Yard Run (35 points): Complete an 80 yard run.
- Intercept 2 Passes (20 points): Get 2 interceptions with one player.
- Intercept 5 Passes (35 points): Intercept 5 total passes in one game.
- Deflect 4 Passes (20 points): Deflect 4 or more passes with one player.
- 7 Sacks with One Player (35 points): Sack the Quarterback 7 times with one player in one game.
- 8 Tackles with One Player (10 points): Get 8 tackles with one player in one game.
- Recover 2 Fumbles (25 points): Recover 2 fumbles in one game with one player.
- Force 3 Fumbles (10 points): Force 3 fumbles with one player.
- 200 Kick Return Yards (20 points): Achieve 200 Kick Return Yards with one player. Max 5min Qtr.
- 200 Punt Return Yards (20 points): Get 200 punt return yards in one game with one player.
- 4 TD Passes (10 points): Throw 4 touchdown passes in one game.
- Score 84 Points (35 points): Score 84 or more points in one game. Max 5min Qtr.
- 10 Catches in a Row (15 points): Catch ten passes in a row with one player. Max 5min Qtr.
- 20 Completions in a Row (25 points): Get 20 completions in a row with one player.
- 300 Pass Yards (10 points): Achieve 300 passing yards in one game.
- 500 Pass Yards (30 points): Pass for 500 yards in one game.
- 80 Percent Pass Completion (15 points): Complete 80 percent of the attempted passes in one game.
- 100 Percent Pass Completion (25 points): 100 Percent Pass Completion.
- Complete 25 Passes (30 points): Complete 25 passes in one game.
- 1 Catch by Seven Players (20 points): Catch one pass with seven players.
- 200 Pass Yards (10 points): Get 200 passing yards in a game.
- 2 TD Catches with One Player (10 points): Get 2 touchdown catches with one player.
- 150 Receiving Yards (15 points): Achieve 150 receiving yards with one player.
- 200 Receiving Yards (25 points): Get 200 receiving yards with one player.
- 100 Rec Yards with 2 Players (15 points): Get 100 reception yards by two players.
- 10 Catches with One Player (15 points): Get 10 receptions with one player.
- 200 Rush Yards (15 points): Rush for 200 yards or more with one player in one game.
- 40 Rush Attempts with One Player (15 points): Attempt 40 rushes with one player in one game. Max 5min Qtr.
- Average 20 Yards Rushing (25 points): Average 20 yards rushing per attempt with one player in one game.
- 150 Rush Yards in One Qtr (25 points): Get 150 yards or more rushing in one quarter with one player.
- 250 Rush Yards (25 points): Rush for 250 yards with one player in one game.
- 100 Rush Yards with One Player (15 points): Get 100 rush yards with one player.
- 100 Rush Yards with Two Players (30 points): Get 100 rushing yards with two players.
- 400 Yards on Offense (10 points): Achieve 400 yards of offense in one game. Max 5min Qtr.
- 650 Yards on Offense (30 points): Get 650 yards on offense. Max 5min Qtr.
- No Dropped Passes (20 points): Don't drop a pass for an entire game. Min 5min Qtr.
- No Sacks Allowed (20 points): Don't allow a sack for an entire game. Min 5min Qtr.
- 3 2pt Conversions Passing (35 points): Pass for three 2 point conversions in one game.
- 3 2pt Conversions Rushing (35 points): Rush for three 2 point conversions in one game.
- Average 20 Yards Receiving (25 points): Average 20 yards receiving with one player in one game.
- Intercept 3 Passes (20 points): Get 3 interceptions in one game.
- 3 Rushing TDs (15 points): Get 3 rushing touchdowns with one player.
- 4 Sacks (10 points): Get 4 sacks with one player in one game. Max 5min Qtr.
- 40 Yard Field Goal (15 points): Kick a 40 or more yard field goal.
- 50 Yard Field Goal (20 points): Kick a 50 yard or more field goal.
- 60 Yard Run (15 points): Complete a 60 yard run.