Before entering the train car at Armory Station, you can purchase a Stealth Suit for 100 military cartridges from the vendor across from the Ammo Exchange. There is a vendor next to that one that sells an Armor Suit that decreases damage. Both suits can be worn simultaneously. A similar Armor Suit is also sold by a vendor next to the Ammo Exchange in Polis.Nightvision goggles
In addition to buying the Sneaking Suit at the Armory Station, you can get a pair of nightvision goggles at Front Lines. While in control of Artyom, turn around, and follow the train tracks. The nightvision goggles will be in a red breaker box guarded by two soldiers.Extending filter
Avoid jumping and sprinting to extend the use of your filter.S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series references
1. While in the Library, the two rangers will say the titles of several books. One of them is "Roadside Picnic" (1977) by the Strugatsky brothers, which is the book that Andrei Tarkovsky's 1979 movie "STALKER" was based on, which then was the inspiration behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl.
2. The first person you can talk to resembles a "loner" Stalker and says "Take it easy bro!"
3. The scene with the campfire with the guitar.
4. The winter mask that are on dead people.
There is an objective in "Outpost" regarding an S.O.S. message from "Defense". Go to the first Nazi controlled building, where a Demon snatches a fleeing Nazi, and fight through the area until reaching the upper level of that building. Find a hallway with three tripwire mines and two Demons. Get past the mines, then check the right room at the end of the corridor to find a ramp that provides access to the rooftop. You will find a corpse with a Kalashnikov on the rooftop. The communications apparatus for the achievement can be found in the corner of the rooftop.Easy "Generous" achievement
Decline the kid's offer to lead you at Riga Station to get the "Realist" achievement.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Metro Trader (20 points): Make 10 deals in weapon shops.
- Wheeler-Dealer (25 points): Exchange 500 Military Grade 5.45 rounds at Exchange kiosks.
- Nosalis hunter (30 points): Kill 30 nosalises.
- Fire in the hole (25 points): Kill 20 lurkers.
- Heavy Reader (20 points): Kill a librarian.
- Ka-Boom! (30 points): Explode 10 enemies.
- Ranger (30 points): Find all Ranger stashes in Dead City 1 and 2
- Old school (30 points): Kill 30 enemies with the double-barreled shotgun.
- Exorcist (20 points): Complete levels "Ghosts" and "Anomaly" without dying.
- Demolitionist (30 points): Blow up the tunnel and airlock at "Cursed" station.
- Air gunner (30 points): Kill 30 enemies using pneumatic weapons.
- Cowboy (30 points): Kill 30 enemies using revolvers.
- Inquisitor (35 points): Kill 2 demons.
- Rescue Ranger (30 points): Save a group of "Reds" from Fascist captivity.
- Tank Buster (20 points): Destroy fascists' Panzer.
- Raider (30 points): On the level "Depot" silently kill the first guard and break into the Fascist station unnoticed.
- Ninja (30 points): Kill 10 enemies with throwing knives.
- Slice & Dice (30 points): Kill 20 enemies with the knife.
- Fugitive (30 points): Complete level "Armory" without getting caught.
- DJ Artyom (30 points): On the level "Outpost" reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message.
- Merciful (30 points): Complete the level "Black Station" without killing any Fascist Soldiers.
- Pyro (20 points): Kill 5 enemies with a flamethrower.
- Pathoanatomist (20 points): Kill 5 amoebas.
- Quick Draw (30 points): On the level "Hunter" kill the nosalises before they break through the ventilation grilles.
- Soft Touch (30 points): Disarm 10 wire traps.
- Sniper (30 points): Make 25 headshots.
- Heavy Metal (20 points): Kill 15 enemies using stationary machine gun.
- Invisible man (40 points): Complete "Frontline" level without killing anyone.
- Hedge-hopper (30 points): On the level "Frontline" kill all of the enemy Red Army and Fascist Soldiers.
- Scrooge (30 points): Save 500 military grade rounds.
Additionally, there are nine secret achievements:
- Metro dweller (20 points): A true metro citizen. You know everyone and have seen everything.
- Explorer (30 points): There is no place in metro you did not visit
- Generous (10 points): Help the poor, a coin for the kid, medicine for the sick. You help everyone you see.
- Realist (10 points): A coin for a hungry kid? Get a job.
- Sherlock (20 points): Found all gold ammo, hidden throughout the stations.
- First blood (5 points): What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
- Quick-witted (30 points): Break the support and activate the chandelier in less than 20 seconds.
- Enlightened (20 points): Find the truth.
- If it's hostile, you kill it. (20 points): Become a true ranger.
The following achievements require the "Ranger Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- Air Bender (20 points): Kill 30 humans with only pneumatic weapons.
- Gunman (20 points): Kill 50 enemies with heavy automatic shotgun.
- Last Man Standing (50 points): Complete the game in Ranger Mode Hardcore.
- Shocking (20 points): Get 50 kills with Volt Driver.
- Sterling Effort (20 points): Kill 50 mutants with your knife.
- Sticks like a bur (20 points): Kill 15 enemies using sticky grenade.
- Stunning (20 points): Get 25 kills with alternative fire of Volt Driver.
- Survivor (30 points): Complete the game in Ranger Mode Easy.
- Weaponsmith (40 points): Kill at least one enemy with each weapon available in the game.