Once your family is in a house or location, pause the game, hold LB + LT + RB + RT, and it will say that Spoot is now available under "Decor Miscellaneous". Place him on your lot, and all cheats will become available. Note: Using cheats will disable challenges and achievements. However, you will be given the option to save your neighborhood before enabling cheats so you can resume the game later without cheats enabled.Easy money
Start writing novels on your computer. Write fiction novels as they take the least amount of time. They will not bring you too much Simoleons. When you write, your skill will automatically advance. If your skill is high enough, you will be able to write more novel types/genres. The most money can be made from "Romance Novels". You will get royalties for six weeks once you finish a book. With the "Writing" skill maxed out, you can make approximately 40,000 Simoleons every week, which is more than the 34,800 Simoleons you can get by purchasing all neighborhood businesses, and takes less time to achieve. In three game weeks you should have a very high speed writing, 9 or 10 novels as best sellers, and 100,000 Simoleons.Saving money
No matter how many times you use an object, if you sell it the same day you got it you can get all your money back. If your Sim is poor and needs body points or something else, buy a body machine and keep selling it back to get a refund of all your money.Easy Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening skills
This trick requires a TV with a Cooking, Fishing, or Gardening channel and a video game system. Have a Sim sit down and watch television. Switch the TV over to one of the previously mentioned channels so that the Sim can start earning his or her skill point. Then, have a second Sim go over and start playing video games. Notice that although the TV is displaying video games, the first Sim still has the skill meter above their head. Allow this Sim to sit there for as long as they please until they decide to do another activity of their own. After that, the skill meter should stay above their head until you start another Cooking, Fishing, or Gardening skill activity. As an added bonus, you can train two skill points at once. For example, work out and both the Athletic and Cooking skills will continue to rise. If you keep repeating the steps until each skill channel has been viewed, the Sim will keep learning the three skills as he or she goes on about their daily life, and four when doing skill activities.Free bookcase skills
Buy a bookcase, then have your Sim begin to study. Interrupt the action so that the book is placed on the ground. Sell the bookcase. The book can now do everything the bookcase could have done for free.Increasing chance to have baby boys
Have a pregnant female Sim eat apples to increase the chance of having a boy.Increasing chance to have baby girls
Have a pregnant female Sim eat watermelons to increase the chance of having a girl.Increasing chance for multiple babies
To increase the chance of having twins or triplets, have one or both parents have the lifetime reward of Fertility Treatment.Ghost baby
Set one of your female Sim's traits to Kleptomaniac. Go to the graveyard, and have the Sim steal male remains. On the second day after putting the male remains in your home, a ghost will appear at 11:00 p.m. and disappear at 4:00 a.m. It will appear every other day. Socialize with the ghost every night it appears. When you become best friends with the ghost, it will begin appearing every night. Get the "Fertility" reward. Confess your attraction to the ghost. Ask to snuggle on the bed, and kiss him. Try for a baby every night until you start throwing up. You will now have a ghost baby that you can control.Ghosts in your house
Go to the graveyard, click on all the tombstones, and take all possible tombstones. Return to your house, and place them somewhere in your backyard. You now have a 70% chance of a ghost or two, or even a whole party of ghosts visiting your house each night. To improve your chances, write in the epitaph "Here Lies [Sim's name], The One Who Returns".Making friends
Buy a guitar. Play it to learn how to play guitar. Keep playing until you reach 5/10 level, which gives you the ability to "Play For Tips". When you have that ability, go to the park with the guitar in your inventory. When you are in the park, click the guitar in your inventory, and select "Play For Tips". People watching you will become your friends if you keep playing. The higher your guitar skill, the faster they will become friends with you.Disable aging
Instead of using a cheat code to toggle "aging on" and "aging off" like in The Sims 2, you can de-activate the age in "Game Options" under "Options". When you uncheck the box next to "Aging", your Sims will no longer become older. You can also slow aging down in this menu by setting the "Lifetime" bar. It can be set from 25 days to 960 days.Quickly advance age
Use the following trick to change your Sim's age (toddler, child, teen, etc.) quickly. Buy a birthday cake from the grocery store, and place it somewhere on your lot. Click the cake, and select "Have Birthday". Then, choose the Sim to be aged. This is a good method to get past the baby stage.Avoiding death
Go to Pleasant Rest Graveyard. Near the gate is a bush called "Death Flower Bush". Harvest the flower from it, and keep it in your Sim's inventory. If you die, that Sim will give the flower to the Grim Reaper and be resurrected. Although the flower will not reappear there again, if your Sim has Level 7 Gardening, they can plant the "Unknown Special Seeds" found in the graveyard and some other places that have a chance to grow as a Death Flower. Note: Having the Green Thumb trait to revive the plant may help.Changing your name
To easily change your name, go to the map, and find City Hall. It should give you an option to change your name during the day between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To get new clothes, you first have to buy a dresser from "Buy Options". Once there, click "Plan Outfit". You can put a total of three different clothes for each type (formal, every day, athletic, etc.).Learning all guitar songs from books
Have your Sim reach Guitar skill level 5. Have a level 5 book in their inventory, click the guitar, then select "New Song" to learn it. After reaching Guitar skill level 6, do the same thing with a level 6 book. Repeat the process until the Sim reaches Guitar skill level 10, and they will know all songs that were taught.Creating brilliant paintings or masterpieces
Create a stylized still life after it is unlocked. Choose "Genius", and make it in the largest possible frame. You will now have a much better chance of getting a brilliant painting or masterpiece.Building a basement
Put down staircases on a new lot to lower the terrain. Go to the bottom of the first one, and miss out one tile, then put down another staircase. Repeat this again to have three staircases. Delete the staircases. Use the "Level Terrain" tool to level the terrain from the lowest tile. Set it as big or small as desired. Using the "Straight Line Wall" tool, build walls around this hole so there are walls pressed up against hills. Build the room above so it covers the entire basement. Cover around the house with the "Foundation" tool; all the slopes should be covered up. Place one tile in the top floor, then create a staircase leading down to the basement. Make two or more foundation blocks at the front of the house, and place a staircase leading up them.Duck Time moodlet
Buy the Ducksworth of Bathington, and place it in your bathtub. When a Sim takes a bath, they will get the Duck Time moodlet which results in a +15 boost for four hours.Getting rid of dirty dishes
Drag an empty plate into a Sim's inventory, then drag it to sell. You will not get any money, but if your Sim does not have a dish washer, it is a quick and efficient way to get rid of dirty dishes.Strange faces
There is a glitch in Create-A-Sim mode that allows to you to make very strange faces. Go to the face designing area. Select a face part such as the eyes, and max out all the sliders one way or the other. Then, go to a different face part, and select one of the predesigned parts. Return to the eyes. The sliders will have reset to the middle, but the eyes will still look the same. This works for all of the face adjusting tabs. You can then continue to max out the size of the eyes and repeat. You can make eyes the size of dinner plates, very long cheekbones, huge noses, and more.Hording pizza
Have a Sim call for pizza. When the pizza delivery man arrives, do not accept the pizza. The delivery man will eventually leave the pizza on the front porch, and it will never get stale. You can stack as many pizzas there as you want. If your Sims get hungry, just tell them to get a pizza from the front porch.EA game references
When you have the video game system and your Sims play it, zoom in on the TV to see that the games they are playing are various Electronic Arts titles.Spore reference
Have a Sim reach the top painting level to have the ability to create masterpieces. One of the paintings that can be created is that of a creature from Spore.Easy "This Is So Meta" achievement
Watch TV, then select the option to play video games. Play ten overall hours of video games to get the "This Is So Meta" achievement.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Baby Steps (5 points): Create a household.
- Graduated (5 points): Complete the in-game tutorial.
- How you Doin'? (10 points): Learn the Charisma Skill.
- Wishful Thinker (10 points): Complete 10 Wishes.
- What Goes Around (10 points): Use a Karma Power.
- BFF! (10 points): Make a best friend.
- Sim About Town (10 points): Attend a town event.
- It's a Date (20 points): Go on a date.
- You Never Forget Your First (30 points): Have a first kiss.
- Woo Hoo! (40 points): Make Woo Hoo.
- Climbing the Ladder (20 points): Reach level 5 in a career.
- That New Car Smell (5 points): Buy a car.
- Not Twice, But 10 Times (20 points): Complete 10 Opportunities.
- This is so Meta (5 points): Experience the Meta.
- I Double Dare Ya (5 points): Explore the catacombs after dark.
- Sim-Author (10 points): Write a book.
- Epic Party (20 points): Throw an awesome party.
- Partners in Crime (10 points): Become a partner of the Paragon Personal Private Charity Warehouse.
- Stylizer (15 points): Design and save 20 styles using Create a Style.
- The Big Proposal (50 points): Get engaged.
- Movin' On Up (40 points): Move into a new home.
- Expertise (25 points): Reach level 10 in a Skill.
- Once a Parent, Always a Parent (40 points): Welcome a child into the family.
- Working Friends (30 points): Become best friends with your boss and all of your co-workers.
- Be Excellent To Each-other (15 points): Reach the maximum potential Karma.
- Dream Big (50 points): Complete a Lifetime Wish.
- Home is Where the Simoleons Are (10 points): Raise your household's value to 䅟,000 or more.
- Not Dead Yet (10 points): Resurrect a Sim.
- Power Overwhelming (25 points): Unlock every Good Karma Power by purchasing them with Challenge Points.
- Mad Skillz (15 points): Complete any 2 Skill Journal Milestones.
- Leet Skillz (25 points): Complete any 10 Skill Journal Milestones.
- Genie (30 points): Gain 150,000 Lifetime Happiness Points on one Sim.
- But it's Inflammable! (10 points): Extinguish a Sim on fire.
- The Reviler (30 points): Become a public menace.
- Epic Fail (15 points): Use the Epic Fail Karma Power on 13 unsuspecting sims not in your family.
- Matchmaker (30 points): Start 5 romantic relationships.
- Fit For a King (15 points): Prepare a perfect meal.
- Owned! (15 points): Buy out a commercial property in town.
- Pyromaniac (20 points): Get an insurance check for over 䅋,000 after using the Firestorm Karma Power.
- Botanical Perfection (15 points): Grow a perfect plant.
- Trophy Fish (15 points): Catch a perfect fish.
- Happiness... It Stacks (15 points): Get 5 positive moodlets at the same time on one Sim.
- Master Architect (20 points): Build a home of at least 𨶶,000 property value on a large lot.
- Child Prodigy (20 points): Complete a Lifetime Wish before becoming a Young Adult.
- True Wealth (25 points): Gain 250,000 Lifetime Happiness on one Sim.
- Challenging (20 points): Complete 50 Challenges.
- Very Challenging (25 points): Complete 100 Challenges.
- Uberchallenging (30 points): Complete 150 Challenges.
- Wish-Master (25 points): Complete 100 Wishes.
- Miracle Worker (30 points): Complete 1,000 Wishes.