Get 100% item completion and view the first 10 Chozo Memories to unlock a secret Chozo Memory.Alternate endings
Successfully complete the game in the indicated amount of time to unlock the corresponding ending:
- Gravity Suit Pose: Successfully complete the game in over 8 hours.
- No Armor: Successfully complete the game in under 4 hours.
- No Helmet: Successfully complete the game between 4 and 8 hours.
Scan the indicated amiibo to unlock the corresponding bonus:
Metroid amiibo: Unlocks Metroid Marker, a tool to help you find nearby Metroids. It also unlocks Fusion mode, which increases the difficulty and features Samus in her Fusion suit. Fusion mode only becomes available after completing the game.
New Samus amiibo: Unlocks an Aeion reserve tank that allows you to recharge your Aeion energy. It also unlocks a unique Metroid II Art Gallery once the game has been completed.
Super Smash Bros. Samus amiibo: Unlocks a reserve missile tank. It also unlocks an additional in-game art gallery once the game has been completed.
Super Smash Bros. Zero Suit Samus amiibo: Unlocks a reserve energy tank. It also unlocks a selection of music after completing the game.
Successfully complete the game to unlock the Hard difficulty.Alternate menu screen
Successfully complete the game to change the menu screen to Metroid in Samus's ship."Staff Credits" option
Successfully complete the game to unlock the "Staff Credits" selection under the options menu.Energy tanks locations
Search the indicated locations to find the energy tanks. Each tank increases Samus Aran's total health by 100 points. Many energy tanks are easy to find, but some can be hard to find. Use the Scan Pulse ability to help find them more easily. When activated, it will scan an entire zone for hidden objects and secret passages. Breakable blocks in the geometry will also be highlighted for a very short amount of time. Use this power whenever it recharges in new areas to find hidden item locations.
Area 0 – Surface
1. It is in the room to the right of the first Metroid Boss encounter. This is the long shaft room directly beneath the Scan Pulse Chozo ruin. At the bottom, use morphball to shrink and collect it. It is left of the Charge Beam Chozo statue.
2. It is located above the first Metroid encounter in Area 1. Bomb the upper-right corner of the arena to locate it. You cannot miss it, as you will hit this energy tank while leaving the locked room.
3. Teleport to the middle teleport station in Area 2. It is on a long two-block vertical shaft, next to the path that leads to the High Jump upgrade. From the teleport station, drop down and use the Wave Beam to open the door blocked by an alien. From the Wave Beam door, go left, down, and right in the bottom hallway to reach the energy tank.
4. In the section of Area 3 with the hot room, the winding path eventually leads to an Alpha Metroid battle and puzzle with the Grapple Beam under lava. Immediately before entering the lower entrance to the Varia Suit zone, the energy tank can be found below the door. Use the Scan Pulse to locate it.
5. After lowering the first poison pool in Area 4, you will find the energy tank when using the grappling hook to reach the elevator. You cannot miss this energy tank.
6. It is found in the tall shaft between the first Zeta Metroid encounter and the small lava-filled room.