Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition Cracked V skin
At the costume selection screen, hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 while selecting the V skin to unlock the Cracked V skin.
Short Hair Dante skin
At the costume selection screen, hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 while selecting the Dante skin to unlock the Short Hair Dante skin.
Dante Must Die mode
Successfully complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty to unlock the Dante Must Die difficulty. This difficulty is basically “Very Hard” mode.
Heaven Or Hell mode
Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Heaven Or Hell difficulty. In Heaven Or Hell mode, all enemies die with one hit, including bosses. However, you also die in one hit. You only get three lives in this mode.
Hell Or Hell mode
Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Hell Or Hell difficulty. In Hell Or Hell mode, you die in one hit, but all enemies have full health bars. Autosaves are disabled and you only get three lives.
Son Of Sparda mode
Successfully complete the game on the Human or Devil Hunter difficulty to unlock the Son Of Sparda difficulty. This difficulty is basically “Hard” mode.
Instantly unlock higher difficulties
Defeat Urizen with Nero in either the Prologue or Mission 8 to get the “Well I’ll Be Damned” trophy and instantly unlock the next highest difficulty (for example, if you were playing on the Son Of Sparda difficulty, the Dante Must Die difficulty will be unlocked).
Play as Super Dante, Super Nero, and Super V
Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Super Dante, Super Nero, and Super V costumes, which all give unlimited Devil Trigger.
Super V’s EX costume
During Nero’s fight in the credits, fight well enough to have a Hell Judecca spawn, and then kill it to unlock Super V’s EX costume.
Irregular Full Custom skill
Successfully complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty to unlock the “Irregular Full Custom” skill for purchase for Dante. This skill allows Dante to equip all of his weapons at once, including all three versions of his sword and both versions of Cavaliere.
Remove Gold Orb cap
Successfully complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty to remove the cap for buying Red Orbs from the customize screen, allowing you to purchase as many as desired. However, the price for buying them will keep going up until it hits 50,000 red orbs.
Successfully complete the game on any difficulty to unlock the Death Gallery. Nico will take photos of all enemies and bosses as they are defeated and add it to the gallery.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding weapon for Dante:
Cavaliere: Defeat the Mission 11 boss.
Devil Sword Dante: Defeat the Mission 12 boss.
Double Kalina Ann: Unlocked at the start of Mission 18 if you collected the optional Kalina Ann weapon in Mission 11.
Dr. Faust: Unlocked at the start of Mission 13.
King Cerberus: Defeat the Mission 16 boss.
Kalina Ann: After destroying the blood clot and causing the section of the structure to fall one level in Mission 11, there will be a cutscene and the camera will show another blood clot. Destroy this blood clot as well, then backtrack up and through the lowered “middle” section. Go through, drop down, then enter the fallen section to find an entrance into an optional room that contains the Kalina Ann launcher weapon.
Kalina Ann II: Unlocked at the start of Mission 18.
Single Kalina Ann
While wielding the Dual Kalina Ann weapon, hold the “Gunslinger” button (D-pad Left by default) to drop one of the rocket launchers, enabling the moveset for a single Kalina Ann. Simply walk over the discarded weapon to collect it and return to using both Kalina Anns.
Secret Prologue ending
During the Prologue, defeat Urizen to view a secret ending and get the “Well I’ll Be Damned” achievement. This automatically happens while playing on the Heaven Or Hell difficulty, as all enemies die in one hit, including this boss. You can also do it on the Human difficulty, but it is much harder. To do it the hard way, you have to shoot the red crystal of the boss and evade his attacks. When the red crystal is gone, you can attack him for a few seconds on his throne, but he will repair the red crystal within a few seconds. You then have to repeat the process until he is dead.
Infinite Red Orbs
Reach Mission 13 to unlock the Dr. Faust hat (ranged weapon). Buy the Dr. Faust Level 4 upgrade; if you cannot afford it, get the Level 2 or 3 for now and upgrade it later. Play to the last checkpoint of Mission 13, where the Divinity Statue is. Then, drop through the hole to where the four Monster Nests are, and you are supposed to destroy four Blood Clots. Equip Dr. Faust, enter Ranged Stance (D-pad Left), lock on to enemies with R1 and press Circle to attack. Then, just keep pressing Circle. Defeat all enemies, then restart the checkpoint and repeat. The Dr. Faust weapon takes the Red Orbs out of the enemies and makes a lot more Red Orbs drop. The higher your Dr. Faust level, the more effective this will be. With Level 4 Dr. Faust, it gives approximately 85,000 Red Orbs per minute, which is over 5,000,000 per hour. With Level 3 Dr. Faust, it gives approximately 36,000 Red Orbs per minute, which is 2,160,000 per hour. Buying all skills costs approximately four million Red Orbs per character (12 million total). Thus, you would need to farm for a little over two hours to buy everything in the game. It is also recommended to farm some Red Orbs before the Dante Must Die difficulty so you can use them to pay for revives. Note: This trick was performed on an unpatched version of the game. It may eventually get patched. To avoid not being able to use this exploit, either do not install new patches before using this exploit or delete the patches. You can avoid patches being installed by disconnecting from the internet until you are ready for the game to install new patches.
All secret mission locations and solutions
Use the following video walkthrough to find and complete all 12 secret missions and get the “Secrets Exposed” trophy. None of the secret missions are missable. You can reach them through chapter select at any time. Simply stand in the red glowing dot and face the graffiti on the wall. The graffiti will light up red and you can enter the secret mission. Each mission contains a different unique challenge that tests your skills.
- Secret Mission 1 – 0:05
- Secret Mission 2 – 2:26
- Secret Mission 3 – 4:37
- Secret Mission 4 – 9:00
- Secret Mission 5 – 11:29
- Secret Mission 6 – 13:10
- Secret Mission 7 – 14:41
- Secret Mission 8 – 16:04
- Secret Mission 9 – 17:56
- Secret Mission 10 – 19:14
- Secret Mission 11 – 20:16
- Secret Mission 12 – 22:36
All collectible locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 70 collectibles in DMC5 (32 Blue Orb Fragments, 8 Purple Orb Fragments, 12 Secret Missions, 7 Weapons, 6 Blue Orbs, 5 Purple Orbs). No collectibles are missable. You can get them through mission select at any time. The video guide shows everything in chronological story order. Every four orb fragments form a full orb, which is needed to upgrade health (blue) and devil trigger (purple). Secret missions are little challenges. Weapons are exclusive to Dante.
- B = Blue Orb Fragment
- P = Purple Orb Fragment
- S = Secret Mission
- 1. B1 – 0:05
- 2. Blue Orb (Shop) – 0:35
- 3. Blue Orb (Shop) – 0:35
- 4. Blue Orb (Shop) – 0:35
- 5. Blue Orb (Shop) – 0:35
- 6. Blue Orb (Shop) – 0:35
- 7. Blue Orb (Shop) – 0:35
- 8. B2 – 1:20
- 9. S1 – 1:55
- 10. B3 – 1:55
- 11. B4 – 4:16
- 12. B5 – 4:40
- 13. S2 – 5:10
- 14. B6 – 5:10
- 15. B7 – 7:23
- 16. Purple Orb (Shop) – 8:02
- 17. Purple Orb (Shop) – 8:02
- 18. Purple Orb (Shop) – 8:02
- 19. Purple Orb (Shop) – 8:02
- 20. Purple Orb (Shop) – 8:02
- 21. P1 – 8:40
- 22. B8 – 9:00
- 23. B9 – 10:33
- 24. S3 – 11:56
- 25. B10 – 11:56
- 26. B11 – 13:24
- 27. S4 – 13:47
- 28. B12 – 13:47
- 29. P2 – 15:15
- 30. B13 – 15:48
- 31. S5 – 16:48
- 32. B14 – 16:48
- 33. B15 – 18:27
- 34. B16 – 18:48
- 35. S6 – 19:24
- 36. B17 – 19:24
- 37. P3 – 20:17
- 38. B18 – 20:57
- 39. B19 – 21:18
- 40. P4 – 21:41
- 41. S7 – 22:42
- 42. B20 – 22:42
- 43. S8 – 24:00
- 44. B21 – 24:00
- 45. B22 – 25:49
- 46. Weapon: Kalina Ann – 26:10
- 47. P5 – 26:56
- 48. Weapon: Cavaliere – 27:21
- 49. P6 – 27:29
- 50. B23 – 28:11
- 51. S9 – 28:34
- 52. B24 – 28:34
- 53. Weapon: Devil Sword Dante – 29:48
- 54. Weapon: Dr. Faust – 30:01
- 55. B25 – 30:11
- 56. P7 – 30:34
- 57. S10 – 31:13
- 58. B26 – 31:13
- 59. S11 – 32:16
- 60. B27 – 32:16
- 61. B28 – 34:34
- 62. B29 – 34:58
- 63. B30 – 35:47
- 64. S12 – 37:50
- 65. B31 – 37:50
- 66. P8 – 40:20
- 67. Weapon: King Cerberus – 42:06
- 68. Weapon: Kalina Ann II – 42:16
- 69. Weapon: Double Kalina Ann (only if you found Kalina Ann in Mission 11) – 42:26
- 70. B32 – 42:32
Easy “Backroad” trophy
After passing the train bridge in Mission 04, you will go through a building and then enter a street. A big fight will take place on this street, and you get a tutorial on how to use Devil Trigger buffs for Shadow and Griffon. At this point, charge up three bars on the purple Devil Trigger gauge (by killing enemies). Then, press L1 to summon a Nightmare (big colossus that fights for you). The Nightmare will come jumping through a wall of a building and you will get the “Backroad” trophy.
Easy “Break A Leg” trophy
The “Menace From Above” is a large tentacle that comes through the ceiling to attack you. There are multiple of these in Mission 05. The first one is at the start of the warehouse, where you must destroy the second Blood Clot of this mission. It is unmissable because you have to destroy the Blood Clot to advance. However, killing the “Menace From Above” is optional. Just attack it with everything possible. You can focus on it with R1 to see the health bar. If you take too long or walk away, the “Menace From Above” will retreat. Play on the lowest difficulty if you have trouble with this.
Easy “Don’t Mess With The Best” trophy
Equip the Devil Sword Sparda (R2), and use the Swordmaster stance (D-pad Right). At the final boss of the mission, simply keep pressing R1 + Circle to spin the sword. It will stagger him and unlock the “Don’t Mess With The Best” trophy.
Easy “Eagle Eyed” trophy
After the first enemy encounter in Mission 09 (where you fight a huge frog-like enemy), proceed straight to the end of the area and jump up the rocks to reach a dead end. A wall will be blocking the path; if you look carefully you can see a gold orb glimmering behind the wall. Press L1 to summon the Nightmare. It will break through the wall and unlock the “Eagle Eyed” achievement. Note: You must have three bars of the purple Devil Trigger gauge to summon the Nightmare.
Easy “Pet Protection” trophy
The only hard part in Mission 05 is the final boss. You cannot let your two shadow pets, Griffon and Shadow, go down. You can view their health bars in the top left corner of the screen. Their health instantly recovers when summoning the Nightmare (requires three purple bars of Devil Trigger). Always summon the Nightmare when your demons’ health gets low. Buy the following skills to make things easier: Griffon Vigor, Griffon Vigor 2, Shadow Vigor, Shadow Vigor 2. This gives your pets a lot more health. The “Trigger Heart” ability is also useful since it makes the Devil Trigger gauge deplete at a reduced rate when you summon the Nightmare — so it lasts longer. Start Mission 05 on the “Human” (lowest) difficulty with the above skills equipped. At the final boss, retreat when he powers up an attack so your pets do not get hit. If one of your pet’s health is below 50%, quickly summon the Nightmare to restore your pets to full health. Immediately press L1 again to make the Nightmare go away. Repeat this when their health drops again. Other than that, you mainly want to attack the boss with Shadow (melee). He does much more damage than Griffon (ranged). It may take a few tries. If you are having trouble, play through the game on higher difficulties first to get a good feel for the boss, then come back to it later on the Human difficulty.
Easy “Protect The People” trophy
There is only one “hidden” enemy in Mission 01. When you drop down the broken bridge (after the cutscene halfway through the mission), immediately turn around to find a red mantis guarding a Blue Orb fragment. Make sure to kill it. The rest of the enemies are in plain sight. The mission is just one long bridge with enemies on it — you can only go in one direction and the enemies are easy to see. Just kill all of them to get the “Protect The People” trophy.
Easy “Rearm And Repeat” trophy
This can be farmed using checkpoint restarts. The quickest place to farm it is in Mission 15. Play through the trap section until you reach the first Divinity statue in the mission. Go behind the Divinity statue to view a short cutscene of a blue orb fragment on top of a mountain. In this area are seven Punch Line Devil Breakers sitting close together. They only take 30 seconds to collect. Immediately destroy them by pressing L1, then restart the checkpoint and collect them again until you get the “Rearm And Repeat” achievement.
Easy “Seriously Stylish Slaying!” trophy
Most likely, this will come naturally during one of V’s levels on higher difficulties where enemies have more health. To get an “SSS” combos, you must attack with different moves and kill enemies quickly. The character “V” is by far the easiest. He does not fight himself, but lets his pets do the work. Buy V’s “Promotion” skill so you can mount the Nightmare. Enemies cannot hit you while mounted. Attack enemies with the Colossus while also attacking with Griffon and Shadow. A great place to do this is during the first enemy encounter in Mission 05. Even on Devil Hunter, it is doable in this area. On higher difficulties, it gets easier since enemies stay alive longer and you can perform more combos on them. Just attack with Griffon and Shadow without getting hit (no need to summon the Nightmare in this area).
Easy “Slick Moves” trophy
During Mission 15, there are two paths you can take. Regardless of which one you take, they will always cross at the Divinity statues (shops where you buy skills). There are three sections in total where the path splits up and you must navigate some traps to proceed. To get the “Slick Moves” trophy, you cannot take any damage from traps during the free-roam sections. Taking damage from enemies or the final boss is fine and does not void the trophy. To make things easier, run past all enemies in free-roam.
Easy “The Quick And The Dead” trophy
You can defeat five enemies in one second early in the first enemy encounter of Mission 02. Play on the Human or Heaven Or Hell difficulty, and have the “Helter Skelter” devil breaker equipped before starting the mission. It can be bought from the shop. Kill the first three enemies. Five more enemies will then spawn. Let them get close to you, then hold Circle with the Helter Skelter to kill them all simultaneously and get “The Quick And The Dead” trophy. On the Heaven Or Hell difficulty, all enemies die in one hit. On the Human difficulty, you may have to weaken them a little bit first. If it does not work on the first try, restart the checkpoint to retry. Alternately, use Super Nero’s “Maximum Bet” skill. Maximum Bet is a huge shockwave move that kills everything in its path.
Easy “Where The Red Orbs Grow” trophy
After the first enemy encounter in Mission 02, the street will split left and right (there is a yellow ambulance on the street in this area). Take the right path. On the right side of the road, jump up to the hole in a building to find hidden Red Orbs in a room and get the “Where The Red Orbs Grow” trophy.
Easy “Who Needs Weapons Anyway” trophy
First, complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty, and then again on the Dante Must Die difficulty. Completing the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty unlocks the “Irregular Full Custom” Dante skill. It can then be bought for 100 Red Orbs from the shop. It allows you to completely unequip all weapons. However, you cannot attack with bare fists. Thus, you must complete the game again on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Super Dante costume, which gives you unlimited Devil Trigger. You can then use your second Devil Transformation to spawn powerful weapons. After completing the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty, do the following:
- 1. Load Mission 11 on the Human difficulty.
- 2. Select the “Super Dante” costume.
- 3. Buy the “Irregular Full Custom” skill.
- 4. Unequip all swords and guns in the shop.
- 5. At the mission screen, press R1/R2 to switch to the empty weapon preset.
- 6. Start Mission 11. Hold L1 to activate Devil Form. Use it to destroy all blood clots and kill all enemies you encounter.
After defeating the Mission 11 boss, you will get the “Who Needs Weapons Anyway” trophy. Note: Make sure there are absolutely no weapons in your inventory, including your sword and Ebony and Ivory pistols.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Devil May Cry (Platinum): Unlock all trophies.
- Highway to Hell (Gold): Complete the game on Hell and Hell mode.
- Well I’ll Be Damned (Gold): Wield overwhelming power to exact an unexpected conclusion.
- Worthy of Legend (Gold): Clear all missions with S rank on all difficulties except Heaven or Hell.
- Dance with the Devil (Silver): Complete the game on Dante Must Die mode.
- Hell of a Hunter (Silver): Clear all missions with S rank.
- Jackpot! (Silver): Collect more than 1,000,000 Red Orbs total.
- Secrets Exposed (Silver): Clear all secret missions.
- Stairway to Heaven (Silver): Complete the game on Heaven or Hell mode.
- A New Job (Bronze): Accept a new job from Morrison after the Red Grave incident.
- Back to Life (Bronze): Clear Mission 17.
- Backroad (Bronze): Destroy a certain wall in Mission 04.
- Battle for the Ages (Bronze): Clear Missions 19 and 20 without using continues (any difficulty except Heaven or Hell).
- Be the Legend (Bronze): Acquire all of Dante’s skills.
- Break a Leg (Bronze): Fend off a menace from above in Mission 05.
- Dante The Gambler (Bronze): Use more than 500,000 Red Orbs total with Dr. Faust.
- Demon Breeder (Bronze): Acquire all of V’s skills.
- Demon Destroyer (Bronze): Defeat 1,000 enemies total.
- Doing Daddy Proud (Bronze): Complete the game on Son of Sparda mode.
- Don’t Mess with the Best (Bronze): Use proper timing to get a leg up in a close-quarters battle against the boss in Mission 11.
- Each In His Own Way (Bronze): Clear Mission 13 with Nero, V, and Dante.
- Eagle-Eyed (Bronze): Destroy a certain wall in Mission 09.
- End of the Line (Bronze): Clear Mission 06.
- Fall from Grace (Bronze): Clear the Prologue Mission.
- Gotta Hurry (Bronze): Clear Mission 14.
- I Believe I Can Fly (Bronze): Rack up a total of 60 minutes in the air by jumping or other means.
- Let’s Rock! (Bronze): Complete the game on Human mode.
- Light in the Darkness (Bronze): Clear Mission 08.
- Man on a Mission (Bronze): Clear Mission 18.
- Not Too Shabby (Bronze): Perform a Stylish Rank S combo.
- Nothing’s Impossible (Bronze): Acquire all of Nero’s skills.
- Obedience Training (Bronze): Go on the offensive without relying on brute force in the Mission 16 boss battle.
- Pet Protection (Bronze): Clear Mission 05 without V’s demons getting stalemated (any difficulty except Heaven or Hell).
- Physical Perfection (Bronze): Upgrade your vitality gauge to max.
- Protect the People (Bronze): Defeat all enemies in Mission 01.
- Rearm and Repeat (Bronze): Collect more than 100 Devil Breakers during missions.
- Reunion (Bronze): Clear Mission 03.
- Seriously Stylish Slaying! (Bronze): Perform a Stylish Rank SSS combo.
- Share the Pain (Bronze): Clear Mission 07 with both Nero and V.
- Showtime! (Bronze): Complete the game on Devil Hunter mode.
- Slick Moves (Bronze): Proceed with caution and avoid unneeded damage in Mission 15.
- Steppin’ up the Style (Bronze): Perform a Stylish Rank SS combo.
- The Devil’s Own (Bronze): Upgrade your Devil Trigger Gauge to max.
- The Qliphoth (Bronze): Clear Mission 12.
- The Quick and the Dead (Bronze): Defeat 5 enemies in 1 second.
- This Ain’t Over (Bronze): Clear Mission 10.
- Unarmed and Dangerous (Bronze): Beat Mission 07 without any starting Devil Breakers equipped (any difficulty except Heaven or Hell).
- Where the Red Orbs Grow (Bronze): Collected Red Orbs from an unexpected spot in Mission 02.
- Who Needs Weapons Anyway? (Bronze): Clear Mission 11 without equipping a weapon set for Dante (any difficulty except Heaven or Hell).