The Lord Of The Rings: War In The North
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding map:
- Lothlorien: Successfully complete Chapter 1.
- Osgiliath: Successfully complete Chapter 1.
Successfully complete the game on the Normal difficulty to unlock the Heroic difficulty.
Successfully complete the game on the Heroic difficulty to unlock the Legendary difficulty.
Go to any buy/sell menu, and highlight any unwanted equipment (the item will be sold once you release RT). Then, hold RT and press A repeatedly. This will only work on items in the equipment menu (shield icon), not the items in the bag icon. This works in any shop, or the fast travel buy/sell menu. Note: This glitch was done on an unpatched version of the game. You can delete all patches for the game by using the “Clear hard drive cache” code for the Xbox 360 .
Easy money and items
Grind in one of the levels for maximum experience, and get the Elfstone Of Congeniality item. It will give you a 10% discount on items. Equip ten of them to get 99.9% off. You can then get anything from the store for approximately 1 silver coin. You can sell your most expensive item for 30,000 silver coins, then buy it back for 1 silver coin, then sell it again for 30,000 silver coins. The best place to do this is in the Ettenmoors. The best time to begin grinding for the Elfsones Of Congeniality item is immediately after a save point, when the character Andriel says “I see sunlight ahead.” To be exact, the first two Orcs are archers that you will kill. Kill everything and loot the bodies, but do not continue past the save point of the wooden gates. Go back to the nearest Fast Travel, then go to Rivendell, and repeat the process.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Where there’s life, there’s hope (10 points): Revive a fallen ally.
- Foe-hammer (10 points): Kill 200 enemies in a single playthrough.
- Sudden Fury (10 points): Perform 3 critical hits within 10 seconds.
- Strength of Our Alliance (25 points): Slay one enemy together with 2 other players.
- Seeker (20 points): Discover 25 secrets in a single playthrough.
- Gem-studded (10 points): Slot an elfstone into an item.
- Relentless (20 points): While in Hero Mode, perform a streak of 50 hits.
- Now for wrath, now for ruin! (20 points): Kill 4 enemies simultaneously.
- Troll’s Bane (10 points): Slay the wild snow trolls.
- Battle-master (20 points): Unlock every active-cast ability in one character�s skill tree.
- War-hardened (10 points): Achieve at least 1 rank in a tier 3 skill.
- Like a Thunderbolt (20 points): Deal 3,000 damage with a single ranged strike.
- Fell-handed (20 points): Deal 1,500 damage in a single melee strike.
- Living Shield (20 points): Absorb 25,000 total damage during the course of 1 level.
- Many deeds, great and small (20 points): Complete 15 quests in a single playthrough.
- War-machinist (20 points): Kill 150 enemies with war machines in a single playthrough.
- Well-arrayed (25 points): Equip a complete magical armor set.
- Keen-eyed Marksman (20 points): Kill 50 enemies with headshots in a single playthrough.
- Swift-winged Warrior (20 points): Summon Beleram 10 times in a single playthrough.
- Warrior Exemplar (25 points): For one character unlock every skill that provides a modification to War Cry, Sanctuary or Evasion.
- Defender of the North (10 points): Achieve level 10.
- Champion of the North (20 points): Achieve level 20.
- Herb-master (10 points): Create 15 potions in a single playthrough.
- Bane of Mordor (25 points): Kill 600 enemies in a single playthrough.
- Dragon-hoard (20 points): Amass 25,000 coins.
- Expert Treasure-hunter. (25 points): Locate 5 gilded treasure chests in a single playthrough.
- Victorious in Battle (25 points): Complete a playthrough on at least Normal difficulty.
- Against All Odds (80 points): Complete a playthrough on Legendary difficulty.
- The Lidless Eye (25 points): Complete the investigation of the Cult of the Lidless Eye.
- Hero of Legend (50 points): Complete a playthrough on Heroic difficulty.
Additionally, there are 16 secret achievements:
- Giant-slayer (20 points): Slay Bargrisar the stone giant.
- Begone, lord of carrion! (20 points): Defeat the Barrow Wight Lord.
- Trusted with the Secret (10 points): Learn of the Ring of Power and the plan for its destruction.
- In the Dragon’s Den (20 points): Meet a dragon and survive.
- Friend of the Woodland Realm (10 points): Free the elf from his captors in Mirkwood Marsh.
- Eagle Savior (20 points): Defeat Agandaûr without the aid of Beleram.
- Friend to the Ring-bearer (10 points): Speak with Frodo in Rivendell.
- Tharzog’s Bane (20 points): Defeat Agandaûr’s lieutenant Tharzog.
- Mountain-breaker (25 points): Help destroy the citadel within Mount Gundabad.
- Wulfrun’s Bane (20 points): Defeat the Sorceror Wulfrun.
- Tracker (10 points): Discover what happened to the missing Rangers.
- Spider-slayer (25 points): Slay Saenathra.
- Elf-friend (10 points): Join forces with the sons of Elrond.
- Friend to the Eagles (20 points): Help free the Great Eagle Beleram.
- Siege-breaker (35 points): Help weather the siege of Nordinbad.
- Hero of the North (80 points): Defeat Sauron’s Lieutenant Agandaûr.