At the main menu, press L1 + R1 + L2 + R2 to unlock the cheat menu. Then, enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function:
- Midas mode
Enter ” MIDAS ” at the cheat menu. Begin a game in Get A Life mode, get into the hot tub with the girl, then pause the game. Select “Quit”, followed by “Just Quit”. This mode unlock all two-player games, all locked objects, and all locked skins. -From: [email protected] and [email protected]
Enter ” FREEALL ” at the cheat menu. All objects will now cost 0 Simoleans. Note: When buying an item, you still need enough Simoleans to pay for it. However, no Simoleans will be deducted from your total. Also, you will not be able to sell any items for money. This has no effect on the cost of paying for bills and other services. Also, this may cause some problems with saved games. -From: [email protected] and [email protected]
Party Motel mode
Enter ” PARTY M ” at the cheat menu. The Party Motel two-player game will now be unlocked under the bonus section in Get A Life mode. -From: [email protected]ahoo.com and [email protected]
Play The Sims mode
Enter ” SIMS ” at the cheat menu. Play The Sims mode will now be unlocked, without going through the Get A Life dream house. This is useful for players without memory cards, who would otherwise need to play through the Dream House each time. -From: [email protected] and [email protected]
First person view
Enter ” FISH EYE ” at the cheat menu. Press Circle to toggle between normal and first person view.
Successfully complete Get A Life mode to unlock all objects.
Life Of Crime career path
Prevent a thief from escaping in Get A Life mode to unlock the Life Of Crime career path in all modes.
Enable the “Free mode” code, then go to your house and buy a lot of expensive items. After that, save then restart your system. Do not enter the code again, then sell your items back for more money. The best item to do this with is the Monkey Butler Tree, which is worth 15,000 Simoleans.
Enable the “Free mode” code, then move your Sims into the cheapest house available. Then, buy a lot of expensive items (such as the Monkey Butler). After this, evict your Sims from that house, but do not empty the house. By doing this, your Sims keep the “assets” that they had, which turn into money for them. The house will then cost something similar to 99,999 Simoleans. To counter this, enter build mode for the house you moved your Sims out of, then sell off the Monkey Butler and other items you put up. The house will be cheap again. Move your Sims back in and they will have a lot of money.
Enable the “Free mode” code, start a game, and buy fifteen Heart Hot Tubs. Note: These must be unlocked in Get A Life mode first. After buying them, save the game and quit. Turn off the PlayStation 2 to disable the code. Return to the same game and sell all the Heart Hot Tubs that were bought to get up to 99,999 Simoleans. Notice that when you pay bills, buy something, etc., your money will not decrease.
Use the following trick to make the wallpaper technique faster. As you sell the sheet of wallpaper, you must hold Square and release it to complete the sale. If you press Square repeatedly after the sale, the sales keep occurring for how many times it was pressed. Also, this trick works better if the wall has an intersection in the shape of a “T”.
Buy a workbench and heighten your Mechanical, Creativity, and Body. Keep making Gnomes. If you have a very high status, you should be able to sell each gnome for at least 100 Simoleans. Making gnomes only take about one to two seconds each if you have a very high status.
Make a wall parallel to the sidewalk (with the trash can and mail box). Put the most expensive wallpaper on both sides. Then, press Square to sell the wallpaper on one side. If this does not work, try the opposite side. You should be able to sell one side’s wallpaper repeatedly.
Have a Sim with a high creative level. Start a painting or a sculpture. After it has been started, tell that Sim to stop, then have another Sim (with no creative points) finish it. Sell it, and you will still get as much money as you would if the Sim that originally started it had also finished it. You can even have your kids finish your painting and still get as much as if the parent did the painting.
Evict a family. When this happens, their moods go up immediately after you move into another house. Once you get in a house, study, work out, etc. Also, if your energy or any other stats get low, evict yourself from the house. Reenter the house and all your stats will be renewed.
Skip work every other day, to the point where they call you but you will not get fired to regain your fun and social levels. While you are home, call over some friend(s) and play pool or a cooperative game. Additionally, you can use the Wiffer Puffer Gold to recover a certain part of your needs, such as comfort, fun, etc. according to the one you use. This is especially useful near where you read or work out. Also, make a Sim touch the Bug Zapper. It gives them extra energy.
Buy the telescope and use it for too long. Your Sim will be abducted and disappear. It will reappear some hours later, with different stats.
Kill a Sim and wait for the Grim Reaper to appear. Plead for his or her life. The Grim Reaper will either ignore your plea, turn your Sim into a Zombie, or revive your Sim. If your Sim was revived, kill him or her again, then try again. The outcome is random. Note: Do not save the game if the Grim Reaper kills your Sim. Reload the game and try again. Zombie Sims do not have any features different from normal Sims other than a green color.
Keep child home from school
If you do not want your child to go to school and do not want to keep hearing the bus honk every few seconds, just let your child stand in the middle of the road where the bus waits everyday. Then the bus will not appear, and your child will not go to school.
Getting money after missing work
If you miss work one day, do not answer the phone. Instead, wait until the next caller, who should call in later. They will give you some money.
Keep Major Dormo longer
Call Major Dormo, then put a fence around his tree house after he leaves it. He will remain with you much longer, but will still eventually disappear.
Keep guests from leaving and improve your social status
Throw a party. When your guests arrive, have them go inside your house. Pause game play and enter build mode. Wherever there is a door going outside, replace it with a wall. Resume the game. Since they cannot leave, they will stay and have a raging party. You can now talk all you want with your guests and they will not leave, eventually even marrying someone. You may also want to buy some beds in case they get tired.
Attack a Sim
Insult a neighbor or your roommate until their name is down to -100. Then, go outside and display the action options (where you can choose to kiss, hug, insult, slap). You should now be able to attack the person. Do this about three times. Your roommate will have had enough and pack up and leave for good.
Change clothes faster
When a Sim puts up the curtain to change, press L1 to pause the game. They will change, but time will freeze.
Place wallpaper or carpets faster
Hold L1 or R1, then press Square.
Borrow $800 from Mom in Get A Life Chapter 1
Go to buy mode and sell anything that is not a necessity, until you are over $800.
Bonuses in Get A Life mode
You can unlock objects by doing the following things:
- Artists Block: Get a promotion to career level 7 in Chapter 4.
- Aromaster Whifferpuffer Gold: Cook a successful dinner in Chapter 1.
- Beach Simulater: Raise your first baby to a kid in Chapter 5.
- Bearskin Rug: Get through the house in eight days or less in Chapter 5.
- Beejaphone Electric Guitar: Get through the house in 24 hours or less in Chapter 1.
- Chairmaster Vanity Table: Fix the television after Mom breaks it in Chapter 1.
- Club Abhi and Taylor’s Place in two-player mode: Throw a raging party in Chapter 4.
- Coat Of Arms: Get through the house in 4 days or less in Chapter 2.
- Electronic Insect Control System: Upgrade house value in Chapter 2.
- Frat House in two-player mode: Complete all goals and move out in Chapter 2.
- Handyman: Fix everything in the house in Chapter 2.
- Head In Curio Jar: Get through the house in 8 days or less in Chapter 3.
- Heart Vibrating Bed: Upgrade your home in Chapter 4.
- Maid: Clean up the house in Chapter 2.
- Maid’s House in two-player mode: Get a promotion to career level 8 in Chapter 5.
- Master Suite Tub: Get a promotion to career level 5 in Chapter 3.
- Meet Major Dormo (Monkey Butler): Send both kids to Prep school in Chapter 6.
- Motel in two-player mode: Throw a raging party in Chapter 3.
- Museum in two-player mode: Borrow 800 Simoleons from Mom in Chapter 1.
- Park in two-player mode: Greet and feed Bobo (the bum) in Chapter 3, 4, 5, or 6.
- Perspiraction Executive Treadmill: Get a job in Chapter 1.
- Rhino Head: Get through the house in eight days or less in Chapter 6.
- Slurp ‘n’ Burp Beverage Cooler: Get a promotion to career level 2 in Chapter 2.
- Sonic Shower: Get a promotion to career level 6 in Chapter 4.
- Sprinkler: Raise your second baby to a kid in Chapter 5.
- Strip Poker Table: Get a promotion to career level 4 in Chapter 3.
- Teppan’Yaki Table: Get a promotion to career level 3 in Chapter 2.
- Tree Swing: Upgrade house value in Chapter 3.
- Twp swimming pools: Get a promotion to career level 9 in Chapter 5.
- Vanity Mirror: Fix the television after Mom breaks it in Chapter 1.
- Wurl ‘N Hurl Jukebox: Get through the house in eight days or less in Chapter 4.