Successfully complete the game to unlock the Nightmare difficulty. In Nightmare mode, the combat difficulty is increased, and there are sixteen additional Manuscript Pages to collect.Collectible locations
Search the indicated locations shown in the videos to find all coffee thermoses, can pyramids, manuscript pages in both Normal mode and Nightmare mode, hidden chests, TV shows, and radio shows:
Episode 1: Nightmare
Episode 2: Taken
Episode 3: Mirror Peak
Episode 3: On The Run
Episode 4: The Trurth
Episode 5: The Clicker
Episode 6: Departure
Note: The following trick requires a smartphone with the Microsoft Tag app. Play Episode 4, and find the modern art painting on the top floor of the lodge. Capture that image, and read it with Microsoft Tag.Xbox 360 reference
When the doctor asks you to go back to your room at the start of Chapter 4, search the room across the hallway from your door to find an Xbox 360.Easy "Creative Space" achievement
Go to the area with the airplane. Jump on its wings to reach the lower level. Drop from the plane, then go to the left of the furthest wing (towards the front of the plane). Once you reach the rock wall, find the slightly hidden hole. Go through it, and follow the path along the cliff side to reach a cave with a giant typewriter and get the "Creative Space" achievement. After Alan is done speaking, go on top of the typewriter to read a paper that reveals more of the storyline.Easy "Meet The Deadline" achievement
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- A Friend in Need: Special 1: Find someone to help you.
- A Friend Indeed: Special 1: Follow the signal to its conclusion.
- Alan, Wake Up: Complete the game on Nightmare difficulty.
- An Idyllic Small Town: Make it through Night Life in Bright Falls in one go without dying or restarting even once.
- Back! Back, I Say!: Save yourself with a flare.
- Boob Tube: See what's on TV.
- Bright Falls Aficionado: Absorb every bit of local history and culture.
- Bright Falls' Finest: Call for help.
- Cardboard Companions: Special 1: Discover all of the cardboard standees.
- Carny: Knock over five can pyramids.
- Child of the Elder God: Have a rock'n'roll moment without dropping to a low health state.
- Collateral Carnage: Defeat 20 Taken with indirect means.
- Collector's Edition: Find all of the manuscript pages in the game, including the ones in Nightmare mode.
- Come One, Come All: Kill four Taken with a single shot from the flaregun.
- Couch Potato: Watch every single TV show.
- Creative Space: Special 2: Discover the secret area.
- Damn Good Cup of Coffee: Discover 25 coffee thermoses.
- Departure: Complete the game on Normal difficulty.
- Ding!: Special 2: Complete the elevator ride.
- Drink 'Em Both Up: Put de lime in de coconut twice.
- Energized!: Use 100 batteries.
- Every Nook and Cranny: Discover all of the hidden chests.
- Fast and Furious: Special 1: Make it through the final battle in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Finders Keepers: Discover 5 hidden chests.
- Float Like a Butterfly: Perform a cinematic dodge.
- Follow the Light: Take a night course of light education.
- Gatekeeper: Cut the power to the transformer yard.
- Go Gentle Into That Good Light: Special 2: Make it through the approach to the lighthouse without firing a weapon.
- Gunless Wonder: Make it to Cauldron Lake without firing a single shot in On the Road to Cauldron Lake.
- Hardboiled Writer: Complete the game on Hard difficulty.
- Heartbreaker: Special 2: Have some poison poured in your ear.
- Heavy Metal: Survive the bulldozer attack.
- Hypercaffeinated: Discover all coffee thermoses.
- If It Flies, It Burns: Burn 1,000 birds.
- Iron Horse: Encounter a steam engine.
- Iron Will: Special 2: Survive the final encounter without being seriously hurt.
- It's Not Just a Typewriter Brand: Defeat 50 Taken with a shotgun.
- KBF-FM: Listen to all of the radio shows.
- Kill Your Darlings: Special 2: Defeat the final obstacle between you and your goal.
- Let There Be Light: Get a generator running.
- License Revoked: Special 1: Complete the episode without using a single vehicle.
- Licensed Properties: Special 2: Discover 10 Night Springs video games.
- Medical Opinions: Listen to Hartman's recordings.
- Meet the Deadline: In Mirror Peak, make it from the Coal Mine Museum to Cauldron Lake in 30 minutes.
- Missed by a Mile: Perform a cinematic dodge 20 times.
- No Punctuation: Special 2: Complete the episode without reloading the game or restarting a checkpoint.
- Nordic Walking: Take a walk through the logging area, meet one of the quirky locals.
- Paging Mr. Wake: Find 25 manuscript pages.
- Park Ranger: Enjoy the sounds and sights of Elderwood National Park.
- Perchance to Dream: Take a moment to reflect on past events.
- Picking Up After Yourself: Find all of the manuscript pages in Normal mode.
- Right of Way: Drive over 15 Taken.
- Run-On Sentence: Special 1: Complete the episode without reloading the game or restarting a checkpoint.
- Sound and Fury: Kill four Taken with a single flashbang.
- Taken Season: Defeat 50 Taken with the hunting rifle.
- The Lady of the Light: Discover the secret she guards.
- The Six-Gun Scribe: Defeat 100 Taken with the revolver.
- They're Heeeeeere!: Inanimate objects shouldn't move of their own accord. Put a stop to this affront, oh, say, 20 times.
- Thunder and Lightning: Defeat 50 Taken with flashbang grenades.
- Tick Tock: Special 1: Discover 10 hidden alarm clocks.
- Tornado Wrangler: Defeat the tornado.
- Two For the Price of One: Kill two Taken with a single shotgun blast.
- Under a Thin Layer of Skin: Defy the park ranger.
- What Light Through Yonder Window: Defeat 50 Taken with the flaregun, the way Shakespeare intended.
- Wheels Within Wheels: Meet the kidnapper.
- Whirlwind: Special 2: Make your way past the tornado in under 60 seconds.
- Words Will Never Harm You: Special 1: Trigger all of the furnaces in the basement.