Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character:
Airborne: Reach Echelon Level 60 in Blackout mode.
Battle Hardened: Reach Echelon Level 80 (Prestige) in Blackout mode.
Frogman: Reach Echelon Level 40 in Blackout mode.
Menendez: Collect the "Locket" item. It is a random drop from zombies and enemy players. Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to kill an enemy with a melee weapon, kill an enemy with a shotgun, and finish the match with the "Locket" item in your inventory.
Ranger: Reach Echelon Level 20 in Blackout mode.
Seal: Reach Echelon Level 80 in Blackout mode.
Woods: Collect the "Bandana" item. It is a random drop from zombies and enemy players. Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to get in a helicopter during a match and win the match with the "Bandana" item in your inventory.
Dempsey: Collect the Death Machine (Mystery Box drop). Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to get zombie kills and finish the match in the top 10.
Nikolai: Collect the Cymbal Monkey (Mystery Box drop). Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to get zombie kills and finish the match in the top 10.
Scarlett: Collect the Racing Goggles and Scarf (random zombie drop).
Shadow Man: Purchase the Season Battle Pass.
Takeo: Collect the Katana (Mystery Box drop). Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to get zombie kills and finish the match in the top 10.
Ajax: Collect three Destroyed Armor Platings from defeated armored players in Blackout mode, and then complete the match as normal with them in your inventory to unlock Ajax. The Armor Platings only drop from enemy players in Blackout mode. Sometime you can even scavenge more than one Armor Plating from an enemy player.
Battery: Collect the "Death Machine" special item (random supply drop/loot chest). Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to get kills with the grenade launcher and finish the match in the top 15 with the "Death Machine" item in your inventory.
Crash: Collect Poker Chips from a red medical bag. Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to collect 15 healing items and finish the match in the top 3 with the 15 healing items and Poker Chips in your inventory. The Poker Chips are an extremely rare spawn that can only be found in the red medical bags. The Wind Towers in the southeast of the map are a decent place to farm for medical bags and Poker Chips. The towers usually have a low enemy frequency and spawn a lot of medical bags. Grab a Quad and drive from tower to tower to find approximately three medical bags each run. If you come across the Looter perk, always use it to see through walls and identify possible medical bags without having to search every house. To make this even more effective, drive the Quad from house to house looking for the medical bags. You have to look carefully, but the medical bag has a unique shape that allows you distinguish it from the rest of the items.
Firebreak: Collect the "Burned Doll" special item (random supply drop/loot chest). Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to confirm a kill and burn the body, and finish the match with the "Burned Doll" item in your inventory.
Nomad: First, collect the "Juneau's Tags" special item in a random supply box in Blackout mode. To increase your chances of finding this item, grab a helicopter at the beginning of a match, and chase down the supply planes that comes in a few times during the match. Grab the supply drop as quickly as possible for a chance it will contain the item. Additionally, the wind towers in the southeast of the map are a great place to hunt for supply stashes. The towers usually have a very low enemy frequency and spawn a lot of medical bags, ammo bags, and supply stashes. If you come across the Looter perk, always use it to see through walls and identify possible supply stashes without having to search every house. Once you obtain the "Juneau's Tags" item, you must complete his special mission. Nomad's character mission is to defeat three Specialist enemies and finish the match with "Juneau's Tags" in your inventory to unlock Nomad.
Recon: First, collect the "1 Ching Coin" special item in a random supply box in Blackout mode. To increase your chances of finding this item, grab a helicopter at the beginning of a match, and chase down the supply planes that comes in a few times during the match. Grab the supply drop as quickly as possible for a chance it will contain the item. Additionally, the wind towers in the southeast of the map are a great place to hunt for supply stashes. The towers usually have a very low enemy frequency and spawn a lot of medical bags, ammo bags, and supply stashes. If you come across the Looter perk, always use it to see through walls and identify possible supply stashes without having to search every house. Once you obtain the "1 Ching Coin" item, you must complete his special mission. Recon's character mission is to take no collapse damage (circle damage) and finish in the top 15 with the "1 Ching Coin" in your inventory to unlock Recon. You can die once you are in the top 15 and still unlock Recon, but you have to keep the coin in your inventory until you die.
Ruin: Craft the Grapple Equipment. Then, complete the character mission, which requires you to finish the match in the top 15.
Seraph: Collect the "Annihilator" special item from a secret box at Firing Range in Blackout mode. Note: The secret box does not spawn in every match. The secret box can be found on a table inside the green building on the west side of the Firing Range. The building looks directly out to a firing range. Shoot the second target from the right (which is the only white target) with a pistol to unlock the secret box. The white target only appears when the secret box spawns. Once you obtain the "Annihilator" item, you must complete her special mission. Seraph's character mission is to get one kill with the Annihilator, place in the top 5, and finish the match with the "Annihilator" in your inventory.
Torque: First, collect the "Note From Torque" special item in a random supply box in Blackout mode. To increase your chances of finding this item, grab a helicopter at the beginning of a match, and chase down the supply planes that comes in a few times during the match. Grab the supply drop as quickly as possible for a chance it will contain the item. Once you obtain the "Note From Torque" item, you must complete his special mission. Torque's character mission is to deploy two Razor wires, deploy one Barricade, finish in the top 30, and complete the match with the "Note From Torque" item in your inventory to unlock Torque. You can die and still unlock Torque if you are in the top 30 and complete the other objectives of the character mission. The supply drop may contain all the required items to complete the objectives. If not, you must obtain the required items from floor loot, other players, or supplies. Make sure to immediately complete the objectives so you do not die before completing them. Then, try to hide and play it safe until you place at least in the top 30.
The following is a list of the effects and duration of perks in Blackout mode:
- Effect: Increase melee damage. Gain 50 health for each successful melee attack.
- Duration: 240 seconds
- Effect: Move quietly. Make less noise opening stashes.
- Duration: 240 seconds
- Effect: Increase breath hold time on siper rifles and tactical rifles. Increased breath hold time underwater.
- Duration: 300 seconds
- Effect: Reveal nearby stashes and loot items.
- Duration: 120 seconds
- Effect: Receive additional audible alert when targeted by an enemy.
- Duration: 240 seconds
- Effect: Reduce damage from explosions and fire. Increased resistance to flashbang, concussion, and razor wire.
- Duration: 240 seconds
- Effect: Move faster while crouched and prone.
- Duration: 180 seconds
- Effect: Teammates are visible through walls.
- Duration: 120 seconds
Successfully complete the indicated secret challenge on the Blackout Battle Royale map to unlock the corresponding Dark Ops calling card. Completing Dark Ops challenges also earns you merits.
1. Practice Makes Perfect (00:00): Shoot a bullseye from the Firing Range from 90 meters.
2. Zombie Jams Challenge (01:16): Activate the Jukebox at the Diner.
3. Red Light, Green Light (01:58): Find and be the first to loot the underwater supply stash at the Cargo Docks.
4. Open The Blast Doors (02:58): Open the Blast Doors at Fracking Tower.
5. Back In The Ground (03:41): Kill 100 zombies.
6. Stay Tuned (04:27): Activate the Emergency Broadcast.
7. Respect Your Elders (05:30): Pay your respects to Tanbor Fudgely.
8. Baller (06:22): Shoot a basket.
9. Fist Fighter (07:09): Kill an enemy using only your fists.
When you find a Zombie crate in Blackout mode, it will be locked at first. There will be some zombies near the crate. Kill all the zombies to unlock the Zombie crate. The zombies will also drop weapons and items. The Zombie crate contains weapons that you cannot find anywhere else in the game, unless you kill someone who obtained the weapons. There are multiple Zombie crates that can be found throughout each Blackout game.Mobile UAV in Blackout
Shoot a Sensor Dart on any vehicle (chopper or heavy truck recommended). The Sensor Dart will stay active as you drive around, and mark any nearby opponents on your map. Simply drive by houses to instantly see if there is anyone inside.Scouting areas safely in Blackout
Note: This can only be done in duos and quads. Activate the scout car, then have another player shoot a Sensor Dart onto the vehicle while you are controlling it to search an area quickly while you are safely hidden and protected by your team.Protecting vehicles from rockets and grenades in Blackout
Place a Trophy System in a vehicle or chopper to protect it from incoming rockets and grenades.Easier gun fights in Blackout
There are three types of healing items in Blackout mode: bandages, medkit, and trauma kit. Each one is more powerful than the previous one, but the trauma kit the best one because it can boost your health up to 200 -- or +50 over the standard cap. That extra health can be the difference between winning and losing a gun fight. If you find a trauma kit and have other health items, just use it right away, as there is no need to save it.Surviving longer in Blackout
Collect lots of health packs and camp outside of the storm circle (preferably in an interior or rooftop). Many opponents will rush into the middle of the circle, and enemies will rarely rush you.Storing loot items in Blackout
If you have too many loot items, simply drop them onto a vehicle. Approximately 10-20 items can be placed onto a vehicle.Better mini-map in Blackout
At the main menu, select "Options" and choose the "Blackout" tab. You can then change your mini-map from square to round. The square mini-map does not reorient as you move, but the round mini-map does. The round mini-map should be more familiar to Call Of Duty veterans. Using the round mini-map may improve your navigation skills.
Reaching the ground first in Blackout
After dropping out of the helicopter, immediately fly straight down to approximately 65-70 m/s, then return to a horizontal gliding position and aim for your target as normal. You will gain speed due to the dip in altitude, and speed straight ahead of everyone else.Shooting down Supply Drops in Blackout
Use a rocket launcher's lock-on to destroy the Supply Drop plane. There will be a short cutscene, and the Supply Drop will appear at the plane's crash site.Hidden area from original Black Ops in Blackout
Drop down northwest of the Firing Range, and search for a large blue tarp in the middle of the trees. It is an unnamed location. It is an area from the original Call Of Duty: Black Ops, where Woods and the player steal a Hind-D in the jungle. There is also a lot of loot at this location. Sometimes you will even find gold weapons or supply drop chests. There is always a chopper or heavy truck. It is also a very rarely visited spot.Turning on power in Blood Of The Dead
Turning on the power opens up the rest of the Blood Of The Dead map and makes the warden spawn, who drops the Warden's Key. There are two power switches that must be activated.
The Pack-A-Punch machine allows you to upgrade your weapons for more damage. To unlock it, you must build the Zombie Shield, get the Warden's key, power up the key, go to the roof area, and use a shield blast on the roof's voltmeter.
The Pack-A-Punch machine allows you to upgrade your weapons for more damage. You must kill four champions in IX, and then put their heads on spikes in the Temple room in front of a big pillar. The pillar will then transform into the Pack-A-Punch machine.
To get the Sentinel Artifact so you can access the full map in Voyage Of Despair, reach the other side of the ship to find it on the ship deck.Unlocking Pack-A-Punch machine in Voyage Of Despair
The Pack-A-Punch machine allows you to upgrade your weapons for more damage. To unlock it, you must get the Sentinel Artifact and activate four Pack-A-Punch pedestals around the map.
Within five minutes after starting a match on the IX map, you must interact with all four gongs around the map and defeat the bosses that spawn from them (four tigers, two knights, one berserker, and one knight). Most importantly, the time for this starts to count as soon as the match begins, not just after killing the first challenger.
First, turn on the power for the entire map (two power switches) in the Blood Of The Dead map. The warden will immediately spawn after activating the two power switch in Building 64. However, do not kill him yet. Instead, lead him outside to the gondola. Then, get him in the gondole with you and reach the end of the ride with him in there to get the "Match Made In Hell" achievement. You have a self-revive by default -- so if you go down while riding in the gondola, use it to revive yourself once you reach the top.
In IX, you are not allowed to open any doors at all. You have to stay in the starting area (arena). The tricky part is that you only have two weak weapons in the starting area. However, there is a large open area where you can run in circles. Do not play with bots for this, as they would open the doors and void the achievement. Either do it solo or with a group of players who know not to touch the doors. This one is the hardest of the "survive to round 20" achievements. Note: You can set the difficulty to "Casual" (easy) when attempting this. You change the difficulty where you select the zombie maps in classic mode (not available in custom match). Also, make good use of your specialist weapon during higher rounds against mini-bosses.Easy "The Slaughterhouse" achievement
On the IX map, go to "The Pit" area (displayed in the top left corner of the screen). It is in the underground tomb area after the Fallen Hero statue. Then, simply kill zombies in The Pit until you get "The Slaughterhouse" achievement. Do not get headshots on the zombies -- shoot their bodies to make limbs fly off.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Prestigious Award: Attain max level or Prestige with 25 different weapons in Zombies.
- Abandon Ship: In Voyage of Despair, complete the Trial.
- Battle Tested: Reach Commander (Level 55) in Multiplayer while playing online.
- Most Escape Alive: In Blood of the Dead, escape.
- My First Win: Win Blackout.
- Not a Fluke: Win 10 Blackout games.
- Vanquisher: Win 50 games in Multiplayer.
- Venerated Warrior: In IX, defeat the most venerated opponent.
- A Little Pack Here, a Little Punch There: In Voyage of Despair, use the Pack-a-Punch at every possible location in a single game.
- Acidic Alchemy: In IX, Get a kill with the Acid Trap in each of its craftable locations.
- Blackout Historian: In Blackout, unlock Reznov, Mason, Woods and Menendez.
- Centennial: Acquire 100% of the Stars.
- Constellation Prize: In IX, kill 9 zombies with a single uncharged shot from the Death of Orion.
- Gat Trick: In Blood of the Dead, kill the Warden with the Blundergat, Acidgat, and Magmagat in a single game.
- Gift of Serket: In IX, acquire Serket's Kiss.
- Gong like the Wind: In IX, defeat all 8 challengers summoned by a gong within 5 minutes.
- Here Kitty, Kitty: In IX, Kill a Zombie Tiger with a Brain Rotted Tiger.
- High Score: In Zombie Rush, obtain a Personal Score of 250,000.
- Historical Reenactment: In Blood of the Dead, equip Hell's Retriever, Spoon, Blundergat, and Tommy Gun at the same time.
- Hot Stuff Coming Through: In Blood of the Dead, forge a Magmagat.
- I Know a Shortcut: In Voyage of Despair, take every fast travel path in a single game.
- Jack of All Blades, Master of Guns: Level up all 8 Special Weapons to Stage 3.
- Kraken Unfettered: In Voyage of Despair, kill 9 enemies with a single shot of the Kraken.
- Match Made in Hell: In Blood of the Dead, complete a Gondola ride with the Warden.
- MP 101: Complete all 10 Specialists Tutorials.
- Multiplicitous: In Zombie Rush, get your score multiplier up to 100.
- My Home is the Arena: In IX, survive to Round 20 without opening a gate.
- Off the Deep End: In Voyage of Despair, survive to round 20 without draining the water.
- Paranormal Patch Up: In Blood of the Dead, revive another Player with a shield.
- Perkaholic Relapse: Acquire every perk in a single game.
- Rock, Paper, Plasma: In Voyage of Despair, kill 9 zombies via Catalytic Detonations in a single game.
- Senseless Axe of Violence: In Blood of the Dead, kill 5 zombies with the Hell's Redeemer before it starts its return.
- Skilled Adversary: In IX have a Challenge banner with all 9 medallions.
- Skirmisher: Win 1 Skirmish with each Specialist (10 total).
- Sleuth: Unlock all intel (videos and audio files).
- Special Issue Equipment: Earn 10 medals that are based on Special Issue Equipment.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Earn 10 medals that are based on Special Issue Weaponry.
- Specialist Super Fan: In Blackout, unlock Battery, Ruin, Firebreak, Seraph, Nomad, Prophet, Ajax, Crash, Torque and Recon.
- Stargazer: Earn a Star with each Specialist.
- Stoking the Flames: In Voyage of Despair, kill 3 Stokers via weak-point in a single round.
- Stowaway: In Voyage of Despair, spend 5 consecutive rounds in the Cargo Hold.
- Straw Purchase: Gift a Mystery Box Wonder Weapon to a teammate and have them accept it.
- Swimming with the Fishes: In Voyage of Despair, kill 50 zombies that are underwater in a single game.
- Team Player: In Zombie Rush, obtain a Team Score of 500,000.
- The Doctor is In: Use PhD Slider to fall 10 feet and kill 10 zombies at once.
- The Slaughterhouse: In IX, dismember 13 limbs in a single game while in The Pit.
- Throw a Dog a Bone: In Blood of the Dead, feed a wolf head from the Gondola, Citadel, and Model Industries in a single game.
- Trialling Experience: In Voyage of Despair, acquire the Sentinel Artifact.
- Welcome to the Club: Reach Sergeant (Level 10) in Multiplayer while playing online.
- West Side for Life: In Blood of the Dead, reach Round 20 without leaving the West Side of the island.
- Zombie Fanatic: In Blackout, unlock Bruno, Scarlett, Diego, Shaw, Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen.
- Zombies 101: Complete the Zombies Tutorial.
The following achievements require the "Classified" bonus downloadable content:
- Cold War Remedy: In Classified, retrieve and equip the Project Skadi prototype.
- Breaking the Ice: In Classified, shatter 115 zombies in a single game.
- Crawl for Help: In Classified, while in last stand use a teleporter and then get revived in a single game.
- Going Everywhere Fast: In Classified, use a teleporter 7 times in less than a minute in a single game.
- Pent-up-agon: In Classified, complete 5 consecutive rounds without leaving the war room elevator in a single game.
- Power Struggle: In Classified, reach round 20 without turning on the power.
- Preemptive Strike: In Classified, kill 50 Nova 6 Crawlers without letting them explode in a single game.
- Shock Value: In Classified, kill 115 zombies with electric traps in a single game.
- Step on the Gas: In Classified, kill 50 zombies while affected by Nova 6 Crawler gas in a single game.
- The Highest Office: In Classified, reach round 20 without using an elevator.