Note: This trick requires a turbo controller with auto-fire capability and a team that is able to win every random encounter in Academia -400 AF- without switching Paradigms or using items. Go to Academia -400 AF-, and reach the area southeast of the safe zone (where Chocolina is located). Find the escalator, which should be blue (going up). If it is not, find its switch to make it blue so you do not end up at the bottom of the escalator. Face the escalator, and set A to auto-fire. You will swing your sword wildly at the air when an encounter is imminent. Within a few hours, you should have gained a lot of CP and Gil. Note: This location was selected solely because of its proximity to the safe zone, but anywhere outside the safe zone will work as long as your wild sword swinging does not move you into the safe zone. Academia -400 AF- was selected because it is the only zone where you can have random encounters while standing still.Fragment skills
Unlock the indicated skill to get the corresponding bonus:
- Anti-grav Jump: Hold Jump to travel further.
- Bargain Hunter: Purchase items from shops at 25% discount; also affects Serendipity coin prices.
- Battlemania: Increase the odds that rare enemies will be encountered.
- Chocobo Music: Select Chocobo songs while riding the Chocobo.
- Clock Master: Set overall game speed between High Speed and Low Speed.
- Encounter Master: Change the enemy encounter rate to frequent or less frequent.
- Eyes of the Goddess: Control camera in Event Scenes with Right Analog-stick.
- Field Killer: Defeat enemies instantly on the field.
- Haggler: Sell items to shops for 10% more Gil.
- Mobile Mog: Mog returns to your side faster after throwing him.
- Mog's Manifestation: Improved Moogle Throw to find treasure where none can be seen.
- Monster Collector: Increase odds to obtain a Monster Crystal from battles.
- Paradox Scope: Invoke paradox to explore new potential histories to challenge history's new possibilities.
- Rolling in CP: Earn more CP from battles.
Reach Serendipity for the first time, and talk to Mystic to get Mog's Manifestation, which improves your Moggle Throw and Haggler skill. Use the Moggle Throw at the indicated areas to get the corresponding unique monster crystal:
- Cactuarama (A Dying World 700): Throw Mog into a position close to Chocolina in the Black Sands Zone.
- Cactuarina (New Bodhum 003AF): Throw Mog into the crater beneath the gate in the Meteorite Impact Site Area.
- Chichu (Archylte Steppe ???AF): Throw Mog into the patch of red flowers close to the Cactuar Waystone on The Plains Of Eternity.
- Leyak (Sunleth Waterscape 300AF): Throw Mog at the two Miniflan while riding the giant beast in the Anime Trail Area.
- Nanochu (Archylte Steppe ???AF): Throw Mog onto the small island at the center of the Clearwater Marshes.
- Rangda (New Bodhum 003AF): Throw Mog into the ocean from the pier east of the NORA house.
- Silver Chocobo (Academia 4XXAF): Throw Mog onto the platform beneath the holographic projection of Cocoon.
Search the indicated locations to find the Graviton Cores:
Collect all 160 fragments before claiming the Chaos Crystal weapon at the front counter in Academia 4XX AF. With all 160 fragments, the weapon will be in its strongest form. Note: The Chaos Crystal can be purchased in Serendipity for 10,000 coins (7,500 with the Haggle skill). Give the Chaos Crystal to Hope in Academia 4XX AF, and he will tell you to claim the weapon at the front counter. It does not matter which one you choose, as the other weapon can be purchased in Serendipity for 1,000 coins (750 with the Haggle skill) after claiming the first weapon.Always start battles with full ATB
Starting a battle with full ATB is usually only possible with the Pre-emptive Strike. However, it is possible to start the battle with full ATB without the Pre-emptive Strike. At the start of battle, simply perform a Paradigm Shift to instantly fill the ATB gauge to full.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Anomalous: Witnessed every possible Paradox Ending.
- Beast Tamer: Befriended a most unfriendly monster.
- Big Game Hunter: Defeated every worthy opponent.
- Budding Hunter: Defeated an army's worth of enemies.
- Cerulean Medal: Defeated a powerful enemy with valiant skill.
- Choco-boco-holic: Spent a fortune at shops.
- Chronosavior: Obtained the highest possible result in the battle to determine the fate of the world.
- Clock Stopper: Responded swiftly to the appearance of enemies.
- Defragmented: Completed every fragment category.
- Early Riser: Accepted a new fate in a world where everything has changed.
- Epic Finisher: Followed the story to its conclusion.
- Fair Fighter: Defeated a powerful enemy on equal terms.
- Fragmented: Completed an entire fragment category.
- Future Espier: Visited the place where clues to the future lie waiting to be discovered.
- Giant's Fist: Dealt 99,999 damage with a single attack.
- No Retreat: Fought a significant number of battles without using the "Retry" option.
- Obsidian Medal: Defeated a powerful enemy with perfect execution.
- Past Gazer: Visited the place where the saviors of the past dream in crystal.
- Promise Keeper: Turned your back on empty dreams and joined the battle to save mankind.
- Quick Draw: Performed a significant number of preemptive strikes.
- Saddle Sore: Went the distance on chocobo-back.
- Scarlet Medal: Defeated a powerful enemy with graceful poise.
- Serendipitous: Amassed a fortune in casino coins.
- Sooth Seeker: Prepared to face a test of your determination in the rift where hidden truths slumber.
- Staggering: Staggered a significant number of enemies.
- Strategist: Performed a multitude of paradigm shifts.
- Supreme Being: Fully developed all abilities.
- Threat Facer: Acknowledged the threat facing the world, and decided to fight back.
- Time Traveler: Left behind a normal life, and began a journey through time.
- Trigger Finger: Obtained five Cinematic Bonus rewards.
- Wild Thing: Successfully used Feral Link abilities a significant number of times.