Add the "-allowconsole" command line parameter to end of the "Target" field in the "Shortcut" properties that are used to launch the game. In the Steam version, right click XCOM 2 in your Steam Library, then select the "Properties" option in the "General" tab. Select the "Set Launch Options" button, and enter "-allowconsole" in the text field. While playing the game, press ~ to display the console window. Type "enablecheats" and press [Enter] to enable cheat mode. Then, type one of the following codes and press [Enter] at the console window to activate the corresponding cheat function:
|All units invincible||TakeNoDamage|
|All units invincible with infinite ammo||PowerUp|
|Toggle build all facilities||SetStrategyFacilitiesUnlockAll|
|Toggle all facilities free||SetStratagyFacilitiesFree|
|Toggle build facilities instantly||SetStratagyFacilitiesInstantBuild|
|Toggle build all facilities instantly for free||SetStratagyFacilitiesSuperSpree|
|Get Advent MEC corpses||giveresource CorpseAdventMEC [number]|
|Get Advent Officer corpses||giveresource CorpseAdventOfficer [number]|
|Get Advent Shieldbearer corpses||giveresource CorpseAdventShieldbearer [number]|
|Get Advent Stun Lancer corpses||giveresource CorpseAdventStunLancer [number]|
|Get Advent Trooper corpses||giveresource CorpseAdventTrooper [number]|
|Get Alien Alloys||giveresource AlienAlloy [number]|
|Get Archon corpses||giveresource CorpseArchon [number]|
|Get Berserker corpses||giveresource CorpseBerserker [number]|
|Get E.X.O. Suits||additem heavyplatedarmor [number]|
|Get Elerium Cores||giveresource EleriumCore [number]|
|Get Elerium Crystals||giveresource EleriumDust [number]|
|Get Faceless corpses||giveresource CorpseFaceless [number]|
|Get Intel||giveresource Intel [number]|
|Get Muton corpses||giveresource CorpseMuton [number]|
|Get PCS: Superior Agility||additem EpicPCSAgility [number]|
|Get PCS: Superior Conditioning||additem EpicPCSConditioning [number]|
|Get PCS: Superior Focus||additem EpicPCSFocus [number]|
|Get PCS: Superior Perception||additem EpicPCSPerception [number]|
|Get PCS: Superior Speed||additem EpicPCSSpeed [number]|
|Get Sectoid corpses||giveresource CorpseSectoid [number]|
|Get Spider Suits||additem lightplatedarmor [number]|
|Get Superior Auto-Loaders||additem ReloadUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Superior Expanded Magazines||additem ClipSizeUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Superior Hair Triggers||additem FreeFireUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Superior Laser Sights||additem CritUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Superior Repeaters||additem FreeKillUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Superior Scopes||additem AimUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Superior Stocks||additem MissDamageUpgrade_Sup [number]|
|Get Supplies||giveresource supplies [number]|
|Get Viper corpses||giveresource CorpseViper [number]|
|Get W.A.R. Suits||additem heavypoweredarmor [number]|
|Get Wraith Suits||additem lightpoweredarmor [number]|
|Get a Scientist with indicated skill level||givescientist [number]|
|Get an Engineer with indicated skill level||giveengineer [number]|
|Get the indicated tech||GiveTech [tech name]|
Note: This procedure involves editing game files; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the indicated file in the "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config" directory. Edit the listed parameter in that file to get the indicated effect:
|Increase squad size||DefaultGameData.ini||MaxSoldiersOnMission|
|Fewer enemies in a mission||DefaultMissions.ini||MaxSpawnCount|
|Low HP enemies||DefaultGameData_CharacterStats.ini||CharacterBaseStats[eStat_HP]|
|Powerful weapon attachments||DefaultGameCore.ini||FREE_KILL_BSC or FREE_RELOADS_BSC|
|Specialist Shotguns||DefaultClassData.ini||AllowedWeapons=(SlotType=eInvSlot_PrimaryWeapon, WeaponType="rifle")|
|Magnetic Rifle damage||DefaultGameData_WeaponData.ini||AssaultRifle_Magnetic_BaseDamage|
|Grenade explosion radius||DefaultGameData_WeaponData.ini||FragGrenade_Radius|
|Clothes and beard||DefaultNameList.ini||NewSoldier_HatChance|
|Movement speed while carrying||DefaultGameCore.ini||CARRY_UNIT_MOBILITY_ADJUST|
Enter a soldier's customization menu, go to the character info menu, and enter one of the following names to unlock the corresponding character. Note: This only works in the single player campaign and disables achievements from being earned and removes all your previous soldiers' attributes.
|Beaglerush (Grenadier)||Beaglerush (nickname)|
|Peter Van Hoorn (Assault Build Ranger Colonel)||Peter Van Hoorn|
|Sid Meier (Psi Operative Magnus)||Sid Meier|
Use Skulljack on the four different ADVENT soldier types listed below to get the "Brutal Collection" achievement. The hacking outcome does not matter.
- Officer (the red unit). This is story related.
- Stun Lancer (unit with the sword)
- Shieldbearer (unit with white armor)
Research the EXO and War Suits from the Proving Grounds to be able to research Experimental Heavy Weapons and Experimental Powered weapons, respectively. Do this enough times to obtain one of each type of the following weapons:
Heavy Weapons (requires EXO Suit)
- Rocket Launcher (unlocked EXO Suit is researched)
- Shredder Gun
Powered Weapons (requires EXO or WAR Suit)
- Blaster Launcher
- Hellfire Projector
- Plasma Blaster
- Shredstorm Cannon
After obtaining the required weapons, equip your soldiers with W.A.R armor. Give each of them a different heavy or powered weapon. Start a mission with Advent soldier enemies. Get into position, then save the game. Kill an Advent soldier with one of the weapons, reload the saved game, then kill the same enemy with another type of weapon. Repeat this process until all the weapons were used to kill an enemy to get the "Heavy Metal" achievement.Easy "Heroes Of The Resistance" achievement
To do this without losing your entire squad, focus on killing enemies as quickly as possible instead of rescuing the civilians one-by-one. Also, try drawing the enemies attention to have them attack you instead of the civilians.Easy "Now Am I Become Death" achievement
Use the "Faceoff" Sharpshooter ability to fire at every visible target in range using the pistol. If there are at least three wounded or weak enemies in range, use that ability.
This can also be done with the Ranger's "Reaper" ability. Kill an enemy with the sword to get another action so you can kill another enemy. Repeat the process in a chain.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- A Better Human Being: Recover the Forge Item.
- A Dark Doorway: Recover the Psi Gate.
- A Final Stand: Create the Commander's Avatar.
- A Forbidden Experiment: Investigate the Abandoned Research Facility.
- A God Falls: Kill an Avatar.
- A Grim Key: Recover a Codex Brain.
- A Horrible Truth: Recover the Blacksite Data.
- A Line Crossed: Complete the Avatar Autopsy.
- A Torch Passed: Beat the Lost Towers mission.
- Always be Shooting: Hit three shots on a single turn with a SPARK unit after using its Overdrive ability.
- Archon Annihilator: Kill the Archon Ruler.
- Axles to Axles, Bolts to Bolts: Defeat a robotic enemy with a SPARK unit.
- Beginner's Luck: Beat a mission in June or later using only Rookies.
- Bells and Whistles: Outfit a SPARK unit with the highest tier weaponry and armor.
- Berserker Breaker: Kill the Berserker Ruler.
- Breathing Room: Kill a Viper who is strangling a squadmate.
- Bring It Down: Sabotage an alien facility.
- Brutal Collection: Skulljack each different type of ADVENT soldier (does not have to be in same game).
- Car Wrecked: Cause an enemy to die in a vehicle explosion.
- Codebreaker: Build the Shadow Chamber.
- Come Back To Me: Kill a Sectoid who is currently mind controlling a squadmate.
- Cyberlord: Earn a second tier hack reward.
- David and Goliath: Kill a Berserker in melee combat.
- Deadly Arsenal: Purchase all of the final tier Hunter Weapons.
- Defender of Humanity: Overthrow the aliens on Commander difficulty.
- Earth Avenged: Overthrow the aliens at any difficulty level.
- Enemy Adopted: Use a ruler armor ability against an alien ruler.
- Excalibur: Completely upgrade a beam weapon with superior grade weapon upgrades.
- Exquisite Timing: Beat the game on Commander+ difficulty by July 1st.
- First Blood: Complete the tactical tutorial.
- Global Resistance: Get all of the continent bonuses available in a single campaign.
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Apply a PCS upgrade to a soldier.
- Have a Nice Trip: Cause an enemy to fall to its death.
- Heavy Metal: Kill an enemy with every heavy weapon in the game (Doesn't have to be in the same game).
- Heroes of the Resistance: Beat a Retaliation mission with less than 3 civilian deaths.
- Immortal Commander: Overthrow the aliens on Legend difficulty.
- Just Like Dad Used To Make: Build a SPARK unit.
- Kingslayer: Kill all alien rulers in a single game.
- Like Clockwork: Complete a successful ambush.
- Locked and Loaded: Upgrade a weapon.
- Make ‘em go Boom: Kill an enemy primed Derelict MEC before it can self-destruct.
- Matter Over Mind: Defeat an Avatar with a SPARK unit.
- Meat Over Metal: Kill a Sectopod on the same turn you encounter it.
- Mechlord: Hack and take control of a Sectopod.
- Nick of Time: Evacuate a soldier whose bleed-out timer is still running.
- Not Throwing Away My Shot: Kill an alien ruler while it attempts to escape.
- Now Am I Become Death: Kill 3 enemies in a single turn, with a single soldier, without explosives.
- Now I Am The Master: Use all ruler armor abilities in a single mission.
- Our New Overlords: Promote a SPARK unit to Champion rank.
- Overpowered: Beat a mission on Commander+ with a squad composed entirely of soldiers of the same class (but not Rookie).
- Pile 'Em Up: Kill 500 aliens. (does not have to be in same game).
- Rebel Radio: Build Resistance Comms.
- Regicide: Kill an alien ruler the first time you encounter it.
- Rise of the Resistance: Make contact with a region.
- Rise of the Robots: Complete a mission with three or more SPARK units in the squad.
- Room to Grow: Upgrade a facility.
- Rumor Hunter: Complete a Rumor.
- Running on Fumes: A SPARK unit survives a mission it started with less than half health.
- Shadow Broker: Sell goods worth 1000 supplies to the Black Market (Can span multiple games).
- Shen's Legacy: Build a facility in every Avenger slot.
- Stop Hitting Yourself: Kill an enemy with a hacked turret.
- The Few and the Proud: Beat the game on Commander+ difficulty without buying a Squad Size upgrade.
- The Most Dangerous Game: Win a multiplayer match..
- The Sun Never Sets: Build a radio relay on every continent.
- The Untouchables: Beat the game on Commander+ without losing a soldier.
- Tinker: Build an experimental item in the Proving Grounds.
- Valhalla: Beat the game on Commander+ difficulty in Ironman mode.
- Viper Vanquisher: Kill the Viper King Ruler.
- Who Needs Tygan?: Beat the final mission using only conventional gear.
- With Extreme Prejudice: Skulljack an ADVENT Officer.