Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding cheat under the "Cheats" option at the "Abstergo Challenges" menu. Note: Enabling a cheat will prevent trophies from being earned and the game from being saved.
- Armed To The Teeth: Successfully complete 90 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat gives unlimited ammunition.
- Arrr Matey!: Successfully complete 20 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat allows pirate speak for Edward.
- Celestial Navigation: Successfully complete 10 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat allows time to be set and locked.
- Dead Men Tell No Tales: Successfully complete 70 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat provides invincibility for Edward and the Jackdaw.
- Deceased Crew: Successfully complete all 100 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat allows skeletal crew.
- Loaded To The Gunwhale: Successfully complete 50 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat makes Edward always drunk.
- No Quarter: Successfully complete 30 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat prevents Edward and the Jackdaw from regaining health.
- Poseidon's Will: Successfully complete 60 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat allows sea wave intensity to be set.
- Scourge Of The Seven Seas: Successfully complete 40 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat allows always maximum wanted level.
- Shiver Me Timbers: Successfully complete 80 Abstergo Challenges. This cheat changes enemies into strange creatures.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding costume:
Classic Assassin and Uplay costumes
- Altair's Robes: Have a saved game file from Assassin's Creed, and an internet connection to retrive the costume. Alternately, have that game played on your Uplay profile.
- Connor Kenway's outfit: Have a saved game file from Assassin's Creed 3, and an internet connection to retrive the costume. Alternately, have that game played on your Uplay profile.
- Edward The Legend outfit: Purchase for 20 Uplay points.
- Ezio Auditore's Robes: Have a saved game file from Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, or Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and an internet connection to retrive the costume. Alternately, have one of those games played on your Uplay profile.
- Explorer outfit: Successfully complete Community Challenge #6. Community challenges will randomly appear while online.
- Governor's outfit: Find and share a social chest. Social chests will randomly appear while online.
- Mayan outfit: Find and solve all 16 Mayan Stela puzzles to unlock the secret door in Tulum (70, 405 coordinates). Open the secret door to get the Mayan outfit. It deflects all bullet attacks.
- Officer's outfit: Successfully complete the "Great Reputation 1" trading mission to Gibraltar with Kenway's Fleet (Mediterranean Sea mission).
- Stealth outfit: Successfully complete 50% of the Assassin Contract side quests. It decreases visibility and improves stealth.
- Templar Armor: Successfully complete all Templar Hunt side quests, then open the cage in the Great Inagua hideout using the five Templar keys. It provides 25% damage reduction.
- Feline Pelt outfit: Craft it using a Jaguar Pelt and Ocelot Pelt.
- Hunter outfit: Craft it using a Red Howler Monkey Skin and White Jaguar Pelt. It reduces animal aggression.
- Shark Hunter outfit: Craft it using a Bull Shark Skin and Hammerhead Shark Bone.
- Whaler outfit: Craft it using three White Whale Skins.
General Store costumes
- Brown Cloak: Purchase for 1,500 R.
- Crimson Cloak outfit: Purchase for 3,000 R.
- Merchant outfit: Purchase for 10,000 R.
- Pirate Captain outfit: Purchase for 8,000 R.
- Pirate Cloak: Purchase for 6,000 R.
- Politician's outfit: Purchase for 12,000 R.
- Privateer outfit: Purchase for 5,000 R.
Proceed through the main missions until you have access to Sequence 2: Memory 3. Proceed through Sequence 2: Memory 3 until you reach the area where the three templars are standing around a table. The "Pickpocket All Templars" optional objective will appear while standing next to them. Pickpocket all three templars, then pause the game and select the "Reload Last Checkpoint" option. The money you pickpocket from the templars will be saved, and you can pickpocket them again. Repeat this process as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money. You can get approximately 35,000 R every seven minutes using this glitch. You can use the money earned from this glitch to easily buy all weapons and gear in the game. Note: You can load any sequence and memory you have completed throughout the game, allowing you to use this trick at any point once you have access to the specified sequence and memory. Additionally, this glitch was done on an unpatched version of the game. After the patch has been applied, the glitch can still be used if done once you reach Sequence 2: Memory 3, but it cannot be done after completing the memory.
Note: This trick requires a decent amount of hull armor and 10 or more mortar rounds for the Jackdaw ship. Travel to the legendary ship battle in the northeast corner of the map, with the two legendary ships that attack you. You will not be able to defeat both ships without your ship fully upgraded, but you will be able to defeat one if you complete the following steps. When the battle starts, shoot two mortar rounds at the ship you are focusing on while turning around, then release your fire barrels. When they get close, use your heavy shot. Do not get between the two opposing ships or you will quickly be defeated. Once they pass, keep shooting mortars at the ship you are trying to defeat while they are turning around. Repeat the previous steps until you destroy the ship you are focused on. Quickly pick up the loot from the destroyed legendary ship, or else the other ship will ram and sink you quickly. You will get 10,000 Reales and be able to keep it after you die. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
Note: This trick requires the cannon and/or shot upgrades; or upgrades to your chain shot and ram abilities. Also, the Brothers-In-Arms must not have been sunk yet. Start a battle with a group of ships, then sink one of them and ignore the other ships. Collect your loot, then intentionally fail. After respawning, the ship you sunk will also be back with its loot, and you will still have your previously collected loot. Repeat this process as many times as desired to earn 10,000 Reales each time.Easy boarding
While facing large ships (for example, frigates), position your ship near your target, then swim to the ship, and eliminate the crew through close quarters. Afterwards, swim back to the Jackdaw, and hit each ship with a single broadside to immediately win the boarding sequence that follows.Charge Ram attack
Defeat all four legendary ships to unlock the Charge Ram attack.Revealing all collectible locations
To reveal the location of all collectibles (Animus Fragments, Chests, Secrets, and Song Sheets) in the game, synchronize all the viewpoints. Note: To get the West Indies Sea collectibles, you must conquer all Naval Forts.All elite ship upgrade plan locations
Search the indicated locations at the listed coordinates on the world map to find all nine hidden elite ship upgrade plans in special chests and get the "Destroyer" trophy:
- 1. Elite Round Shot: Kabah Ruins - 769, 145 coordinates
- 2. Elite Hull: San Ignacio - 379, 770 coordinates
- 3. Elite Swivel Guns: Devil's Eye Cave - 488, 353 coordinates
- 4. Elite Harpoon: Andreas Island - 579, 720 coordinates
- 5. Elite Broadside Cannons: The Blue Hole - 471, 170 coordinates
- 6. Elite Heavy Shot: Petite Cavern - 901, 263 coordinates
- 7. Elite Fire Barrels: San Juan - 479, 487 coordinates
- 8. Elite Fire Barrel Storage: Isla Providencia - 502, 44 coordinates
- 9. Elite Ram: La Concepcion Shipwreck - 181, 296 coordinates
Search the indicated locations at the listed coordinates on the world map to find all 16 Mayan Stela puzzles. The first puzzle is part of DNA Sequence 4: Memory 1 (it cannot be missed). After completing this memory, the other Mayan Stela puzzles will become available. Some of them are on islands in dangerous ocean zones; thus, it is recommended to upgrade your ship and continue through the story to make all locations accessible. You can also view the Mayan Stela locations on your map if you synchronize the viewpoints of their respective area. To check which ones you have found, open the progress tracker, and select the "Mayan Stela" tab. It provides an overview of islands that contain the secret puzzles. Once all 16 puzzles have been solved, travel to Tulum. There will be a marker on your map saying "Mayan Outfit". Go to that location in Tulum (70, 405 coordinates), and open the secret door to get the "Vault Raider" trophy, along with the special Mayan outfit. The following are the exact coordinates of each Mayan Stela puzzle:
- 1. Great Inagua: Acquired during DNA Sequence 4: Memory 1
- 2. Cat Island: 734, 694 coordinates
- 3. Matanzas: 343, 642 coordinates
- 4. Cape Bonavista: 179, 593 coordinates
- 5. Tulum: 70, 405 coordinates
- 6. Pinos Isle: 334, 476 coordinates
- 7. Pinos Isle: 342, 478 coordinates
- 8. Tortuga: 876, 377 coordinates
- 9. Long Bay: 525, 253 coordinates
- 10. Isla Providencia: 502, 44 coordinates
- 11. Isla Providencia: 502, 44 coordinates
- 12. New Bone: 431, 116 coordinates
- 13. Misteriosa: 303, 199 coordinates
- 14. Misteriosa: 296, 196 coordinates
- 15. Santanillas: 217, 245 coordinates
- 16. Santanillas: 221, 242 coordinates
Search the indicated locations at the listed coordinates on the world map to find all eight taverns and get the "Barfly" trophy. Simply walk up to the barkeeper at each tavern, watch a short cutscene, and defeat the bandits to unlock the tavern. You can see the taverns on the world map if you synchronize the viewpoints for the respective area.
- 1. Andreas Island (573, 720 coordinates)
- 2. Salt Key Bank (496, 629 coordinates)
- 3. Crooked Island (808, 545 coordinates)
- 4. Arroyos (192, 565 coordinates)
- 5. Corozal (37, 266 coordinates)
- 6. Grand Cayman (392, 325 coordinates)
- 7. Kingston (623, 172 coordinates)
- 8. Ile à Vache (839, 137 coordinates)
Search the indicated locations at the listed coordinates on the world map to find all 13 hidden shipwrecks and get the "Seven Deadly Seas" trophy. Note: Shipwrecks become available after completing Sequence 6: Memory 1.
- 1. San Ignacio: 378, 769 coordinates
- 2. Petite Caverne: 901, 264 coordinates
- 3. Jiguey: 564, 539 coordinates
- 4. Atocha: 632, 661 coordinates
- 5. Black Trench: 221, 449 coordinates
- 6. San Juan: 480, 486 coordinates
- 7. Devil's Eyes Cave: 487, 356 coordinates
- 8. Anotto Bay: 622, 276 coordinates
- 9. Ambergris Key: 55, 177 coordinates
- 10. The Blue Hole: 470, 170 coordinates
- 11. Kabah Ruins: 768, 144 coordinates
- 12. La Concepcion Shipwreck: 180, 296 coordinates
- 13. Antocha: 629, 661 coordinates
Swim inside the Antocha shipwreck at the 630, 660 coordinates. While looking out one of the windows, you should be able to see a giant squid take down a whale.The IT Crowd reference
Go to the map near the entrance to the modern-day Abstergo offices. Two co-workers will begin talking about Chicago. They will talk about John from IT. The male co-worker will comment that whenever he requests help, John replies with "Have you tried turning it off and on again?", which is a reference to the British comedy The IT Crowd.Easy "Excavator" trophy
To find a buried treasure, you must first obtain a treasure map. A treasure map can easily be found on Mariguana Island, at the coordinates 878, 539. Collect the map, and you will be shown a picture and the coordinates of a treasure. This particular treasure can be found on Andreas Island, at the coordinates 575, 717. To unlock the locations of other treasure maps, you can talk to the barkeepers of taverns, or just explore the world and synchronize viewpoints.Easy "Hungover" trophy
To get the "Hungover" trophy, keep drinking at a tavern until you pass out. A tavern can be found in Nassau, which is one of the first locations you will visit during the main story. Walk up to the bar, and interact with the bottle to start drinking. You have to drink at least five times to pass out.Easy "Killer Killer" trophy
Killer whales can be found in the "Cruz" area of the ocean. Capture the fort of this area to see the killer whale symbol on your map. It is also recommended to upgrade the harpooning statistic of your ship by upgrading the harpoon strength and harpoon storage. Check your map for the fishing locations (one can be found at coordinates 537, 340 on the world map), as they can vary. Fishing locations are highlighted on the ocean when you get close. Interact with one of these spots to start fishing. After a deck hand announces the presence of a whale, Kenway will be sent with a harpoon to hunt it. Once the killer whale appears, defend your boat and keep throwing harpoons at the whale until it dies to get the "Killer Killer" trophy.Easy "Owned" trophy
A great place to easily complete every activity in a single location is on "Florida" island, at coordinates 409, 815. When you scroll over an island on the world map, you can see which activities it has to offer. Usually it offers some collectibles and viewpoints. Florida island has very few activities to complete. Synchronize the viewpoint, collect the two animus fragments, open the treasure chest, and pick up the bottle message to get the "Owned" trophy.
Crafting the Hunter outfit will cost a total of 11,000 R. Go to any general store, and select the "Hunting Goods" tab. Purchase the Red Howler Monkey Skin for 5,000 R and White Jaguar Pelt for 6,000 R. Then, open the crafting menu, scroll to the very bottom, and choose the "Hunting Outfit" option to craft this outfit and get the "Redingote Up!" trophy. Note: If you do not want to waste the money crafting the Hunter outfit but still want the trophy, simply save the game and back it up to a storage device (for example, USB flash drive) before crafting the Hunter outfit. After crafting it and getting the trophy, copy the saved game file back to the original storage device, and overwrite the current saved game file to retain the money you spent crafting the Hunter outfit.Easy "Silence, Fool!" trophy
You can get the "Silence, Fool!" trophy at any warehouse. Warehouses are found at farms and have a restricted area around them (shown as red on the world map). They will be marked on your map if you synchronize viewpoints. One can be found in Nassau, at coordinates 633, 784. Once you enter the restricted area, there will be an alarm bell on your HUD. Then, get noticed by an enemy, and wait for him to ring the bell. Quickly kill him with a melee attack when he starts ringing the bell to unlock the trophy. Note: You can also do this at warehouses that have already been looted. The enemies will respawn after a while.Easy "Siren Song" trophy
To rescue pirate hostages by distracting enemies with dancers, you must allow some of your crew members to die. Board an enemy ship, and your crew should begin fighting. Many of your crew will probably die. Then, go to Kingston, and go to coordinates 623, 172. There is a restricted area where two enemies are aiming at captured pirates. You can hire some dancers nearby, just up the street. Send the dancers to these two enemies. Once they are distracted, sneak behind them, and free the pirates to get the "Siren Song" trophy. If this event does not appear (even after losing a lot of your own crew members), fast travel to another island, and return later.Easy "Wild West Indies" trophy
First, craft all pistol holsters. You can buy the required crafting items from any general store (so you do not have to hunt down the animals on your own), if needed. Also, buy and equip the "Cannon-Barrel Pistol" for one-shot kills. Then, find a group of at least four enemies, walk up to them with the pistols selected in your weapon wheel, and press Triangle without manually aiming to have each shot kill an enemy and get the "Wild West Indies" trophy.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Prizes, Plunder, and Adventure! (Platinum): Win every trophy.
- Heroes Aren't Born (Bronze): Complete memory sequence 1.
- Good While It Lasted (Bronze): Complete memory sequence 2.
- A Pirate's Life For Me (Bronze): Complete memory sequence 3.
- No Apologies (Bronze): Complete memory sequence 4.
- Death Of A Salesman (Silver): Complete memory sequence 5.
- Mixing Up The Medicines (Silver): Complete memory sequence 6.
- The Hammer Falls (Silver): Complete memory sequence 7.
- Adrift (Silver): Complete memory sequence 8.
- A New Hope (Silver): Complete memory sequence 9.
- My Elusive Fortune (Silver): Complete memory sequence 10.
- Been Down So Long... (Silver): Complete memory sequence 11.
- Just Like Starting Over (Silver): Complete memory sequence 12.
- Saw That One Coming... (Gold): Complete memory sequence 13.
- By The Book (Silver): Complete 100% of all main mission constraints.
- Silence, Fool! (Bronze): Kill a guard ringing a bell.
- Owned (Bronze): Complete every activity in a single location.
- Vault Raider (Bronze): Unlock the secret door in Tulum.
- Killer Killer (Bronze): Harpoon a killer whale.
- Help A Brother Out (Bronze): Complete a Templar Hunt sequence.
- Sea Legs (Bronze): Complete all naval contracts.
- King Of The Castle (Silver): Capture all forts.
- Employee Of The Month (Bronze): Complete 25 Abstergo challenges.
- Business And Pleasure (Bronze): Earn 50,000 reales.
- Mer-man (Bronze): Swim a total of 1 nmi.
- Redingote Up! (Bronze): Craft the Hunter outfit.
- Thug Life (Bronze): Plunder 30 ships.
- Devil Of The Caribbean (Silver): Defeat all 4 legendary ships.
- Destroyer (Silver): Fully upgrade the Jackdaw.
- Seven Deadly Seas (Bronze): Explore all underwater shipwrecks.
- Barfly (Silver): Unlock all taverns.
- Cannon fodder (Bronze): Recruit 500 crew members.
- FTFY (Bronze): Fully upgrade your hideout.
- Cartographer (Bronze): Visit every location of the game.
- Ghost In The Machine (Bronze): Hack 15 computers in Abstergo Entertainment.
- Roped In (Bronze): Perform 5 air assassinations from a swinging rope.
- Sharing Is Caring (Bronze): Share each type of discovery with friends once.
- All Aboard! (Bronze): Board a ship without losing any crew members.
- Siren Song (Bronze): Rescue pirate hostages by distracting enemies with "dancers."
- Wild West Indies (Bronze): Kill 4 enemies in a row using multi-pistols.
- Excavator (Bronze): Find a buried treasure.
- Committed To The Cause (Bronze): Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.
- Personal Bag Of Tricks (Bronze): Finish a game session with an ability set that you customized in Multiplayer.
- Master Of The Caribbean (Bronze): Complete the Discovery Mode of Wolfpack in Multiplayer.
- Lab Technician (Bronze): Play and complete a game session of Game Lab in the Multiplayer Public playlist.
- All Rounder (Bronze): Play on every game mode, and use every ability and ranged weapon once in Multiplayer.
Additionally, there are five secret trophies:
- Routine Hacking (Bronze): Complete present day mission 2.
- Getting Weird Around Here (Bronze): Complete present day mission 3.
- Bunker Buddies (Bronze): Complete present day mission 4.
- It's All Good (Bronze): Complete present day mission 5.
- Hungover (Bronze): Wake up in a haystack.
The following trophies require the "Blackbeard's Wrath" bonus downloadable content:
- Sacred Land (Silver): Playing as The Jaguar, be the highest scoring player of a Domination game session.
- Queen Anne's Revenge (Silver): Playing as Blackbeard, perform an acrobatic kill and a gun kill in less than 10 seconds.
- Preemptive Strike (Silver): Playing as The Orchid, block 10 abilities from opponents with Sabotage.
- Elevator to the Gallows (Bronze): Kill a player using a lift that has been trapped with Booby Trap.
The following trophies require the "Freedom Cry" bonus downloadable content:
- Liberation Day (Bronze): Free your first slave.
- Seeds of Independence (Silver): Liberate 500 slaves.
- Firepower (Bronze): Kill 5 guards at once with a blunderbuss.
- His Full Attention (Gold): Freedom Cry - Achieve 100% synchronization.
Additionally, there are two secret trophies with the "Freedom Cry" bonus downloadable content:
- His Own Medicine (Bronze): Disarm the Gouverneur and kill him with the branding iron.
- His Word Was "Perhaps" (Silver): Freedom Cry - Complete all missions.