Successfully complete the story (three arcs, with nine chapters in each arc) to unlock Android 21.Play as Goku (SSGSS)
Earn 500,000 Zeni across all game modes, or complete "Hyperbolic Time Chamber Course" in Arcade mode with an "A" or "S" rank on the Hard difficulty. You unlock the Hard difficulty after completing the normal version of that course. To get "A" ranks, quickly win and have all your characters survive the match. Also, complete the match with a Meteor attack to get bonus points and score "S" ranks.Play as Vegeta (SSGSS)
Earn 300,000 Zeni across all game modes, or complete "Gravity Spaceship Course" in Arcade mode with an "A" or "S" rank on the Hard difficulty. You unlock the Hard difficulty after completing the normal version of that course. To get "A" ranks, quickly win and have all your characters survive the match. Also, complete the match with a Meteor attack to get bonus points and score "S" ranks.Alternate character colors
Complete a combo tutorial (1-10) for a character to unlock a new color for them. There are ten colors to unlock for each character.Hard mode
Successfully complete the game to unlock Hard mode. In Hard mode, you fight higher level enemies and earn better skill rewards.Easy final boss fight
During the final boss fight, repeatedly keep pressing Square. Do not use any directional buttons, just perform light attacks and nothing else. This does not require any skill and has a good chance at defeating the CPU. It may take a few tries, but it is an easy way to defeat the final boss.All dramatic finishes
Defeat the indicated character with their listed rival using the Circle attack on the corresponding map to trigger a dramatic finish.
1. Beerus vs. Goku: Defeat Goku with Beerus using the Circle attack on the Space map.
2. Gohan (Teen) vs. Cell: - Defeat Cell with Gohan using the Circle attack on the Wasteland map. Note: Android 16 cannot be on either team.
3. Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Frieza: Defeat Frieza with Goku using the Circle attack on the Planet Namek (Destroyed) map.
4. Trunks vs. Frieza: Defeat Frieza with Trunks using the Circle attack on the Rocky Field (Noon) map.
5. Nappa vs. Yamcha: Defeat Yamcha with Nappa using the Circle attack on the Rocky Field (Noon) map.
6. Yamcha vs. Nappa: Defeat Nappa with Yamcha using the Circle attack on the Rocky Field (Noon) map.
7. Goku (Super Saiyan) vs. Kid Buu: Defeat Kid Buu with Goku using the Circle attack on the Land Of The Kai's map.
Play as the indicated characters and perform the listed move to trigger the corresponding special event:
Beerus Removes Himself: Use Beerus and Goku Black and perform a Level 3 Super to trigger this special event, where Beerus will decide to remove himself from existence.
Krillin Android 18 Team: Use Android 18 and Krillin and perform a Level 3 Super with Android 18 to trigger this special event, where Android 18 and Krillin will perform Android 18's super together.
Volleyball Spike Attack: Use Gotenks and Piccolo and perform a Level 3 Super to trigger this special event, where Piccolo will hit up a volleyball for Gotenks to spike at the opponent.
This method allows you to earn 5,300 Zeni per match (three minutes) and 106,000 per hour. Use the following steps to easily farm Zeni:
Step 1: Successfully complete the story on the Normal difficulty to unlock New Game+ Hard mode. Play through the entire game again on Hard mode. When you reach Arc 3 in Hard mode, you must get three "Victory Zeni Up Lv. 6" skills. They are won from enemies. Arc 3: Map 15 has enemies that drop this skill. You can replay maps to farm three of these skills.
Step 2: Replay Arc 3: Chapter 7 - Map 13 from the story title screen in Hard mode.
Step 3: Equip the three "Victory Zeni Up Lv. 6" in the skill menu. You can stack three of these to increase the effect.
Step 4: Farm the match at the top of the map against Goku, Yamcha, and Piccolo. This match gives a +300 Zeni reward when you win, and the enemies are very weak and quick to defeat.
Step 5: After the match, pause the game and select the "Retry" option. You will get all your health back and can replay the match as many times as desired. It takes three minutes per match (including loading screen) if you just spam light attacks. If you are actively playing, you can do it in two minutes.
The key is to get the "Victory Zeni Up Lv. 6" skills. These are only obtainable in Arc 3 in Hard mode. It makes the match reward go from 1,800 Zeni per match to 5,000 Zeni (277% increase). Furthermore, matches in Hard mode give 250% more money than matches in Normal mode. This combined with the Zeni skills and the +300 bonus reward for this match makes it the fastest way to earn money in the game.
The "Set For Life" trophy requires you to earn 20,000,000 Zeni. To get this much money, it will take 3,773 matches or roughly 188 hours using only this method. Note: You do not have to keep all the money in your inventory; you are allowed to spend it. Zeni is also used for unlocking Vegeta SSGSS (unlocks automatically at 300,000 Zeni earned) and Goku SSGSS (unlocks automatically at 500,000 Zeni earned). You do not have to actively play for this farming method. Just use light attacks and no directional buttons. If your characters are Level 90-100, it is a guaranteed win. Using this method, it takes approximately 60-100 seconds to win a match. With loading times and transition screens, it increases to 180 seconds on average.All Supers and Meteor attack finishers
The following is a video of all Supers and Meteor attack finishers for all 24 characters (base game). To use a Super (consumes one Ki gauge), press Down, Right, R1. To use a Meteor attack (consumes three Ki gauges; it is the most powerful Ultimate attack), press Down, Left, R1. The timestamps for every character are listed below. There are multiple variations of some characters and their special attacks are different. They are shown in the same order as the in-game character selection (column by column).
- 1. Tien - 0:05
- 2. Yamcha - 0:27
- 3. Gohan (Adult) - 0:43
- 4. Krillin - 0:58
- 5. Goku (Super Saiyan) - 1:11
- 6. Goku (SSGSS) - 1:32
- 7. Frieza - 1:51
- 8. Android 18 - 2:24
- 9. Kid Buu - 2:41
- 10. Captain Ginyu - 3:04
- 11. Nappa - 3:17
- 12. Trunks - 3:31
- 13. Vegeta (Super Saiyan) - 3:45
- 14. Vegeta (SSGSS) - 4:00
- 15. Beerus - 4:22
- 16. Cell - 4:39
- 17. Android 16 - 4:52
- 18. Gotenks - 5:22
- 19. Piccolo - 5:41
- 20. Gohan (Teen) - 5:58
- 21. Android 21 - 6:14
- 22. Majin Buu - 6:43
- 23. Hit - 7:02
- 24. Goku Black - 7:21
There are a total of 240 combo challenges. You need to complete 200 combo challenges to get the "Before Creation Comes Destruction..." trophy. Each character has ten combo challenges. There are 21 characters available at the start and three unlockables characters. You have 240 challenges to choose from and can skip all of the difficult ones. The first eight are always very easy. The ninth and tenth can be more difficult. You can access the combo challenges in Practice mode.
There are three Story Arcs in the game (each one has nine chapters). The game ends after Story Arc 3. There are a total of 45 maps in the game. There are 15 maps in Story Arc 1, 13 maps in Story Arc 2, and 17 maps in Story Arc 3.
Play as Gohan (Teen) in a practice training match and perform his "Father-Son Kamehameha (Full Power)" Meteor attack (press Down, Left, R1) to inflict 6,000+ damage and get the "Practice Makes Perfect" trophy. Note: You need five Ki gauges to perform this move.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Trophy Triumphant (Platinum): Acquire all trophies.
- Before Creation Comes Destruction... (Gold): Practice - Complete 200 Different Combo Challenges.
- Care to Become the next God of Destruction? (Gold): Arcade - Complete a course with an S Rank.
- Link Level 40 (Gold): Story - Raise Link Level to 40.
- My Power Level is 530,000 (Gold): World Match - Acquire 530,000 BP.
- Arena Aficionado (Silver): Arena Match - Play 20 matches.
- Arena Expert (Silver): Arena Match - Play 10 matches.
- Deep Pockets (Silver): Acquire 5,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.
- Farewell, Tien... (Silver): Complete seven or more quest tutorials.
- I am Goku, the Legendary Super Saiyan! (Silver): Story - Complete the Super Warrior Arc.
- Lemme Play Too! (Silver): World Match - Play 20 Casual Matches.
- The Power to Go Beyond the Super Saiyan! (Silver): Practice - Complete 100 Different Combo Challenges.
- This Pain Will Make Me Stronger! (Silver): World Match - Play 20 Ranked Matches.
- Arena Enthusiast (Bronze): Arena Match - Play a match.
- Battle-Ready (Bronze): Practice - Complete all battle tutorials.
- Casual Combatant (Bronze): World Match - Play 10 Casual Matches.
- Don't Underestimate Earth! (Bronze): Practice - Complete 30 Different Combo Challenges.
- Extreme Gravity Guru (Bronze): Arcade - Complete the Extreme Gravity Spaceship Course.
- Goku Isn't the Only Super Saiyan... (Bronze): World Match - Play a Ranked Match.
- Hyperbolic Heavyweight (Bronze): Arcade - Complete the Hyperbolic Time Chamber Course.
- It's Play Time! (Bronze): World Match - Play a Casual Match.
- Just Looking (Bronze): Arena Match - Observe a match.
- Ladies and Gents, We Have a Winner! (Bronze): Tournament - Emerge as champion.
- Link Level 20 (Bronze): Story - Raise Link Level to 20.
- Millionaire (Bronze): Acquire 1,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.
- Practice Makes Perfect (Bronze): Practice - Perform a combo that deals 5000 or more damage in Training Mode.
- Snake Way Sensei (Bronze): Arcade - Complete the Snake Way Course.
- Stamp of Approval (Bronze): Replay - Use a Z Stamp while watching a Replay Channel.
- To Test Myself, I Too Will Fight (Bronze): Local Battle - Play a match.
- Yo, I'm Goku! (Bronze): Complete a quest tutorial.
- You Can't Win This... (Bronze): World Match - Play 10 Ranked Matches.
Additionally, there are five secret trophies:
- Ho ho ho... What an Unexpected Thrill (Silver): Story - Complete the Enemy Warrior Arc.
- My Appetite...Is Insatiable...! (Silver): Story - Complete the Android 21 Arc.
- Bye-Bye Buu (Bronze): Story - Defeat Clone Kid Buu.
- Conversationalist (Bronze): Story - Trigger a special conversation sequence.
- Set for Life (Gold): Acquire 20,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.