Build any type of power plant, a Stadium (Modern Times required), then issue the "Host the Olympics" edict.Easy "Big Brother" trophy ("Espionage" DLC)
Police blimps can be created through a specific construction. This occurs during a campaign mission where the police increase the tourism rating.Easy "Catch Me A Spy" trophy ("Espionage" DLC)
During the first mission, you must bribe 25 agents to win. Save the game, arrest or kill ten agents, then reload the saved game.Easy "Do Not Press!" trophy ("Waterborne" DLC)
This can be done solo by creating an uprising. Do this by killing or imprisoning some citizens. Then, fire a missile from a nuclear submarine. Note: Uranium will be required for the submarine.Easy "Everlasting Colony" trophy
You cannot declare your independence. Do this early, while still a colony. Complete missions to earn mandate extensions until you get the "Everlasting Colony" trophy.Easy "For Science!" trophy
Begin a sandbox game with infinite money on the easiest difficulty in the Modern Era. Build the maximum number of Science Labs, Colleges, and Observatories, then fully staff them. Search for Inventors in your population by using the "Census" edict. You can also use your Spy Academy to steal technology from other superpowers, but this may not be reliable. Build Power Plants to provide enough power to the Science Lab.Easy "Globalist" trophy
Construct five Embassies, and invite all foreign powers to each one to get the "Globalist" trophy. Note: This can be paired with the "For Science!" trophy.Easy "Greasing Palms" trophy
Faction leaders can be found through the game menu or by browsing your city. They will have a blue square above their heads. Select "Bribe". The amount of money required will depend on how much influence the leader has and the weight of the faction.Easy "Herbivore" trophy ("Waterborne" DLC)
Wait out for the calendar to progress while suffering multiple attacks from Captain Plant. During the final battle, he will have 24,000 experience points and strong attacks. You will need several army bases and barracks.Easy "Let Them Eat Cake" trophy
Uprisings occur when your people are dissatisfied. Have a low approval rate, low happiness, and a constitution not in line with the majority. Killing faction leaders will speed the process. To survive an uprising, several army bases and barracks will be needed. Upgrade them if possible. Make sure you have high loyalty with your army. High wages will help accomplish this. Note: This can be earned with the "Think Tanks" trophy.Easy "Middle Manager Of The Revolution" trophy
Some of your family members may be helpful. The easiest way to gain managers is to issue the "Census" edict. It will find managing skills among ordinary citizens and can easily result in fifteen managers over time.Easy "Mirror, Mirror On The Wall" trophy
Select the icon to access to your family on the lower bar. Choose family member then change his or her appearance.Easy "My Precious" trophy ("Waterborne" DLC)
You must make the correct choice when defeating Captain Plant. During the final mission, Presidente will need money. Instead of selling the Black Pearl, try to get the money yourself.Easy "Overqualified" trophy
It is recommended to do this over five missions due to the cooldown for each upgrade of a family member. Access your family by using the icon in the lower bar. Select a family member, then choose "Upgrade". The upgrades will cost $10,000, $20,000, $30,000, and $40,000 from your Swiss bank account funds.Easy "Presidente's Seven" trophy
Family members will appear occasionally during missions. For example, you may get the event "Presidente cheated on his wife, you can either choose to recognize a new heir or not." The first option will add a member to your family. You should be able to add seven new family members by the end of the main campaign.Easy "Putsch and Judy" trophy
Do not have an army that is too powerful. Consider only having a single barracks. You have to defeat them with your palace guards. Preferably, upgrade them to death squad. Pay them low wages to lower their loyalty. Then, issue a kill order on the faction leader. This will inevitably lead to a military coup.Easy "Retro-futurism" trophy
Start a sandbox game with infinite money on the easiest difficulty in the Cold War Era. Build a dozen Libraries and fully staff them. Build Observatories and Colleges and also fully staff them. During this time, use the "Census" edict to find inventors, who will provide RP points. You should be able to construct a nuclear or space program by 1955.Easy "Sheep For Wood" trophy
Build twelve docks. You will now have twelve available ships that can be assigned to trade routes.Easy "The Bay Of Pigs" trophy
Repeatedly praise Russia every 12 months, create trade routes with Russia, and import communists to get into a hostile relationship with the United States. They will eventually decide to invade. You will have a warning from Penultimo stating "Hostile warships entered our waters" when this happens.Easy "The Greybar Hotel" trophy ("Espionage" DLC)
Build at least five dungeons or Supermax prisons to get a twenty prisoner capacity. You must then arrest more than twenty people to fill them since by the time you arrest some of them other prisoners will escape. Note: You also must have a strong army to defeat the rebels since some will revolt as you make the arrests.Easy "The Silent Front" trophy ("Espionage" DLC)
Play in Multiplayer mode and create a game with infinite money. Start in the Modern Era and quickly build a Spy Building. Fill it with educated workers and have your spies conduct a sabotage action against the other player.Easy "Tropicoleaks" trophy ("Espionage" DLC)
Start a sandbox game with infinite money on the easiest difficulty. Build a Spy Academy, fully upgrade it, and staff it to the maximum. The Spy Academy will begin creating spies, to a maximum of thirteen. Select the Spy Academy, then choose "Espionage". Select "Expose Secrets" and add spies to the mission. The Spy Academy will show how long the mission will take and the percentage for success.Easy "United States Of Tropico" trophy
Keep a high relationship status with the United States. Use trade routes with the United States, Praise and have a delegation with them through your embassy. Do not spy or expose secrets on them. Complete U.S.-related missions.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Tropico 5 Platinum trophy (Platinum): Collected all other Tropico 5 trophies.
- Dictatorship 101 (Bronze): Finished all tutorials.
- Good Sportsmanship (Bronze): Finished a multiplayer game.
- Project Beale (Bronze): Won a multiplayer game by points.
- It Prints Money! (Bronze): Won a multiplayer game by money.
- Architerissimo (Bronze): Won a multiplayer game by construction.
- Naughty Docks (Bronze): Connected a dock with that of another player.
- What Energy Crisis? (Bronze): Produced and shared 1,000 MW of power with another player.
- Sheep For Wood (Bronze): Had a fleet of 12 trade ships.
- Mine! All Mine! (Bronze): Mined 100,000 ores and coal in a single game.
- Middle Manager Of The Revolution (Bronze): Had managers in more than 15 buildings in a single game.
- Friends With Benefits (Silver): Had relations higher than 90 with all factions in the Modern Era.
- Everlasting Colony (Bronze): Ruled for 100 months as a colonial governor.
- Made In Tropico (Bronze): Exported 100,000 Luxury Goods.
- Agricultural Community (Bronze): Had more than 20 Plantations, Hydroponic Farms, Factory Farms and Ranches in a single game.
- The Madness Of Crowds (Bronze): Had more than 500 citizens in a single game.
- The Town Of Cityville (Silver): Built 150 buildings in a single game.
- Pension Plan (Bronze): Earned over $200,000 Swiss bank account.
- Infrastructor (Bronze): Built more than 2,000 meters of roads in a single game.
- The China Card (Silver): Successfully completed 5 trade routes with China in a single game.
- United States of Tropico (Bronze): Finished a game with relations of 100 with the US.
- Globalist (Bronze): Had 5 foreign powers in your Embassies at the same time.
- Booked Solid (Bronze): Had Slob, Family, Cultural, Eco and Wealthy tourists at the same time on the island.
- A Barrel Of Monkeys (Silver): Earned $50,000 yearly revenue from Entertainment buildings.
- The Great Mogul (Bronze): Had 10 different industry buildings in a single game.
- Extraordinary Popular Delusions (Bronze): Had all happiness values above 50.
- In Seventh Heaven (Silver): Reached overall happiness of 77.
- Cause of Death (Bronze): Executed a Rebel Leader.
- Greasing Palms (Bronze): Bribed a Faction Leader.
- Overqualified (Silver): Had a dynasty member with a level 5 skill.
- Heir And Now (Bronze): Recognized a new heir.
- Mirror, Mirror On The Wall (Bronze): Changed the looks of a dynasty member.
- Presidente's Seven (Silver): Had 7 Dynasty members.
- History Will Absolve Me (Bronze): Survived a rebel attack against the Palace.
- Let Them Eat Cake (Bronze): Survived an uprising.
- Putsch and Judy (Bronze): Survived a Military Coup.
- The Bay Of Pigs (Silver): Survived an invasion from the USA.
- Think Tanks (Bronze): Had 5 Army Bases in a single game.
- Tower Defense (Bronze): Had 20 Guard Towers in a single game.
- Retro-futurism (Silver): Advanced to the Modern Era before the year 1960.
- For Science! (Silver): Researched all technologies at least once before the year 2005 in a single game.
- Fundamental Principles (Silver): Amended the Constitution 6 times in a single game.
- Bureaucrat (Bronze): Issued 20 edicts in a single game.
- ... But To Take Part (Bronze): Issued the "Host the Olympics" edict.
- Claustrophilia (Bronze): Won a Sandbox game on a Tiny island.
- To Live In Interesting Times (Bronze): Won a Sandbox game on an island with Relentless Disasters.
Additionally, there are secret trophies:
- A New Dawn (Silver): Completed "A New Dawn".
- Day 0 (Silver): Completed "Day 0".
- Back to the Past (Silver): Completed "Back to the Past".
- Leon Must Die! (Silver): Completed "Leon Must Die!".
- Hope (Gold): Completed "Hope".
The following trophies require the "Espionage" bonus downloadable content:
- The Maltese Toucan (Bronze): Completed mission 1.
- Presidente 007 (Silver): Completed Espionage campaign.
- The Silent Front (Bronze): Completed a Sabotage action in multiplayer.
- Tropicoleaks (Bronze): Exposed secrets of 2 different superpowers in a single game.
- Catch me a Spy (Silver): Dealed with 10 foreign spies in a single game.
- Antiutopia (Bronze): Had Ministry of Information, Dungeon and 10 Security Checkpoint.
- Big Brother (Bronze): Had 5 Police Blimps.
- From Tropico with love (Silver): Had 13 loyal spies at the same time.
- The Greybar Hotel (Bronze): Had 20 prisoners in Dungeons and Supermax Prisons.
- Kill all Humans (Bronze): Eliminated 20 undesirable citizens with drones.
The following trophies require the "Waterborne" bonus downloadable content:
- The Black Pearl (Bronze): Completed "Treasure Hunt".
- Surfin' Tropico! (Bronze): Completed Waterborne campaign.
- Herbivore (Silver): Defeated Captain Plant in the final battle.
- My Precious (Silver): Finished the Waterborne campaign with the Black Pearl in your possession.
- Thanks for all the fish! (Bronze): Had a fleet of 3 Fishing Trawlers.
- The King of Pearls (Bronze): Had 3 Oyster Farms and a Jewelry Workshop.
- Do not press! (Bronze): Fired missiles from a Nuclear Submarine during a battle against another player.
- Waterworld (Bronze): Had 10 Floating Apartments and no residential buildings on land (excluding shacks).
- Seasteading (Silver): Had 1 of each waterborne buildings in a single playthrough.
- Offshore Haven (Bronze): Have 5 superpowers in Offshore Offices.