Note: This game is also titled Makai Senki Disgaea 2 Portable.Axel (Akutare) mode
At the main menu, highlight the "New Game" option, then press Triangle, Square, Circle, Triangle, Square, Circle, X to unlock Axel (Akutare) mode. In the Japanese version, highlight the "New Game" option at the main menu, then press Triangle, Square, X, Triangle, Square, X, Circle.Magichange
Successfully complete Axel mode, then start a new game session in Adell mode to unlock Magichange.Land Of Carnage
Collect all 16 Treasure Maps from the pirates in Item World to unlock Land Of Carnage, which is a world that features all normal levels with very strong enemies.Infinite Magichange turns
Throw a character back in the base panel to get unlimited turns for Magichange.Bonus characters
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character:
- Asagi: Unlock Asagi's map with 33 felonies, 100 mana, then defeat her, and pass her bill as a senator in a New Game+.
- Asagi (humanoid): Raise Asagi's level to 2,000, and pass her bill as a senator.
- Flonne: Unlock Extra Stage 8 with 40 hours or more of game play time. Then during Episodes 12-13, defeat Flonne.
- Gordon: Unlock Extra Stage 4, and pass Gordon's bill after completing it.
- Laharl: Unlock Flonne, then pass Flonne's bill as a senator, and successfully complete Extra Stage 9.
- Mao: Unlock Mao's stage after unlocking Champloo, Raspberyl, and the Land Of Carnage.
- Marjoly: Unlock Extra Stage 7 with 99 felones and 1,500 mana. Defeat Marjoly, then pass her bill.
- Mr. Champloo: Unlock Mr. Champloo's stage with 50 hours or more of game play time and completing Axel mode.
- Preire: Unlock Extra Stage 6 with 66 felonies and 100 mana. Then, defeat Priere during Episode 1-9, and pass her bill.
- Prism Red: Pass the five Prism Rangers bills when Adell is a Sentator, then pass his bill a second time.
- Raspberyl: Unlock Raspberyl's stage after completing thirty Dark Sun stages and unlocking Mr. Champloo.
- Sabre Kitties: Successfully complete Axel mode 1-2.
- Vyers (Mid-Boss): Unlock Extra Stage 5 with 20 hours of game play time and 400 mana. Successfully complete Vyers' stage in Episode 1-9. Reach the stage again during the next playthrough, and pass his bill.
- Zetta: Unlock Extra Stage 11 with ten Dark Sun stages completed and 3,000 mana. Successfully complete the map, then pass Zetta's bill.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding class:
- Archer: Reach level 5 Bow Mastery with any character.
- Beast Tamer: Capture a monster.
- Celestial Host: Successfully complete Axel mode 3-3.
- Chaos Soldier: Successfully complete the game.
- Disgaea Ronin: Have a saved game file from Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness.
- Druid: Execute a 500+ Geo combo.
- Entei Monster Class: Successfully complete Axel mode 2-3.
- Female Ninja: Reach level 5 Fist and Staff Mastery with any character.
- Female Samurai: Have a saved game file from Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness.
- Gunner: Reach level 5 Gun Mastery with any character.
- Heavy Knight: Reach level 3 Spear Mastery with any character.
- Magic Knight: Reach level 3 Sword and Staff Mastery with any character.
- Male Ninja: Reach level 5 Fist and Sword Mastery with any character.
- Mass Produced Kurtis: Successfully complete Extra Stage 4.
- Samurai: Reach level 5 Sword Mastery with any character.
- Sinner: Become a criminal with any character.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding ending sequence:
- Axel (Akutare): Get defeated by Axel (Akutare).
- Bad: Have Adell get 10+ felonies and kill an ally 50+ times.
- Etna: Defeat Etna in Chapter 3.
- Laharl: Defeat Laharl in Chapter 11.
- Middle Boss: Defeat the Mid-Boss before Chapter 4.
- Tink: Defeat the Final Boss with level 1,000 Tink.
- Worst: Have Adell get 99+ felonies, kill an ally 99+ times, and Rozalin (Rossary) ally-killed by Adell.
In Axel mode, Axel will learn a move called Love Dynamite, and the description reads "I voted for Pedro". Pedro was Napoleon's friend who was running for class president.The Lord Of The Rings reference
The Elven Bow's description states that it was used by an elf in a quest to destroy a ring. The elf mentioned was Legolas, and the ring mentioned was the One Ring.