Review - Grand Theft Auto Online
Reach the indicated rank in GTA Online to unlock the corresponding bonus(es):
- Combat Shotgun
- Pistol Clips
- Stunt Jumps
- Car Mod Shop
- Hold Ups
- One-On-One Deathmatch
- Shooting Range
- Pistol Flashlight
- Micro SMG
- Personal Vehice Delivery
- Pistol Supressor
- Ballas To The Wall (Lamar mission)
- Chasers (Simeon mission)
- It Takes A Thief (Simeon mission)
- Rich Men In Richman (Simeon mission)
- Rockford Roll (Simeon mission)
- Where Credit's Due (Simeon mission)
- Arm Wrestling
- Bumpers (Custom Chin Spoiler)
- Strip Club
- Deal Breaker (Gerald mission)
- Death Metal (Gerald mission)
- Flood In The LS River (Gerald mission)
- Pier Pressure (Gerald mission)
- Meth'd Up (Gerald mission)
- Trevor's Enigma (Gerald mission)
- Bumpers (Painted Rear Bumper)
- Windows (Light Smoke)
- Combat Pistol
- Combat Pistol Extended Clip
- Exhaust (Chrome Tip)
- No Hay Bronca (Gerald mission)
- Auto Armor 20%
- All In The Game (Simeon mission)
- El Burro Heists (Simeon mission)
- Gentry Does It (Simeon mission)
- Combat Pistol Supressor
- Parachutes (Blue)
- Merryweather Crate Drop
- Blow Up (Simeon mission)
- Gassed Up (Gerald mission)
- Ammo Drop
- Romance Isn't Dead (Ron mission)
- Grill (Painted Light Surroundings)
- Parachutes (Black Smoke Trails)
- SMG Supressor
- Violent Duct (Gerald mission)
- Parachutes (Red)
- Chasers II (Simeon mission)
- San Andreas Seoul (Lamar mission)
- Bull Shark Testosterone
- Pump Shotgun
- Suspension (Lowered)
- Gang Attacks
- Parachutes (Yellow Smoke Trails)
- Ticket To Elysium (Lamar mission)
- Armored Truck
- Sticky Bomb
- Cop's Capacity (Lester mission)
- Back-Up Helicopter
- Gas Can
- Wheels (Bulletproof)
- Blow Up II (Simeon mission)
- Caught Napping (Lamar mission)
- Fueling The Flames (Ron mission)
- Going Down The GOH (Lamar mission)
- Lost My Mind (Trevor mission)
- Bumpers (Painted And Chin Spoiler)
- Lights (Xenon Lights)
- Remove Wanted Level
- Sniper Rifle
- Landing Strip (Lester mission)
- Out Of Court Settlement (Martin mission)
- Hood (Ram Air)
- Parachutes (Seaside Stripes)
- Assault Rifle
- Parachutes (Orange Smoke Trails)
- A Titan Of A Job (Lester mission)
- Death From Above (Martin mission)
- Boat Pick-Up
- Explosives (Ignition Bomb)
- ATV Steal (Simeon mission)
- Daemon Run (Ron mission)
- High Priority Case (Lester mission)
- Last Chopper Out Of LS (Lester mission)
- Lost MC RIP (Lamar mission)
- Turbine Carbine (Ron mission)
- Roll Cage (Stunt Cage)
- Parachutes (Red Smoke Trail)
- Base Invaders (Ron mission)
- Parachutes (Hornet)
- Crystal Clear Out (Trevor mission)
- Assault SMG
- Auto Armor 40%
- Exhaust (Big Bore)
- Helicopter Pick-Up
- By Land, Sea And Air (Lester mission)
- Crank Up The Volume (Ron mission)
- No Smoking (Lamar mission)
- Quarry Quarry (Lester mission)
- War And Pieces (Gerald mission)
- Windows (Dark Smoke)
- Blow Up III (Simeon mission)
- Parachutes (Patriot)
- AP Pistol
- Hood (Carbon Hood)
- Send Mercenaries
- Check Out Time (Martin mission)
- Chumash And Grab (Gerald mission)
- Locate A Helicopter
- Suspension (Street)
- Assault Shotgun
- Parachutes (Widowmaker)
- Off The Radar
- Reveal Players
- A Boat In The Bay (Ron mission)
- Grab Your Ballas (Martin mission)
- Stick Up The Stickup Crew (Martin mission)
- Teaser Trailer (Lester mission)
- The Los Santos Connection (Martin mission)
- Water The Vineyard (Martin mission)
- Hood (Triple Intake)
- Carbine Rifle
- Virgin Mary Tattoo (Right Arm)
- Parachutes (Rainbow)
- Bumpers (Painted and Large Splitter)
- Trinity Knot Tattoo (Torso)
- Cleaning The Cat House (Martin mission)
- Dish The Dirt (Gerald mission)
- Dry Docking (Martin mission)
- Editor And Thief (Martin mission)
- Four Trailers (Lester mission)
- Mixed Up With Coke (Martin mission)
- Lady M Tattoo (Left Arm)
- Windows (Limo)
- Auto Armor 60%
- Explosives (Remote Bomb)
- Extradition (Martin mission)
- Holed Up - Burton (Martin mission)
- Out Of Harmony (Trevor mission)
- Tribal Tattoo (Right Leg)
- Exhaust (Side Exit)
- Hood (Single Intake)
- Bust Out (Lester mission)
- Landing Gear (Ron mission)
- Show Me The Monet (Martin mission)
- Sinking Feeling (Lester mission)
- The Parking Garage (Lester mission)
- Wet Work (Ron mission)
- Parachutes (Black)
- Suspension (Sport)
- Chinese Dragon Tattoo (Left Leg)
- Grenade Launcher
- Hack And Dash (Lester mission)
- Mermaid Tattoo (Right Arm)
- Satellite Communications (Trevor mission)
- Evil Clown Tattoo (Torso)
- Bumpers (Extended Chin Spoiler)
- American Exports (Lester mission)
- Chemical Extraction (Lester mission)
- Judging The Jury (Martin mission)
- Method In The Madness (Trevor mission)
- On Maneuvers (Lester mission)
- Dope Skull Tattoo (Left Arm)
- Stone Cross Tattoo (Torso)
- Advanced Rifle
- Chopper Tail (Trevor mission)
- Defender (Martin mission)
- Diamonds Are For Trevor (Trevor mission)
- Docks To Stock (Lester mission)
- Stocks And Scares (Lester mission)
- Suspension (Competition)
- Los Santos Bills Tattoo (Torso)
- Indian Ram Tattoo (Right Leg)
- Docks To Stock II (Lester mission)
- Rooftop Rumble (Martin mission)
- Dragon Tattoo (Left Leg)
- Auto Armor 80%
- Combat MG
- Serpent Skull Tattoo (Right Arm)
- Trash Talk (Martin mission)
- Skulls And Rose Tattoo (Torso)
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Auto Armor 100%
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding article of clothing:
- Los Santos Belle T-shirt: Obtain the "Salvaged" award by collecting a Special DLC Crate.
- Red Skull T-shirt: Obtain the "Survivor" award by completing ten enemy waves in any Survival job.
- Rockstar T-shirt: Create a job that is verified by Rockstar.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding tattoo:
- Angel Tattoo: Obtain the "All Rounder" award by winning every game mode.
- BlackJack Tattoo: Obtain the "Full Metal Jacket" award by robbing 25 armored trucks.
- Blank Scroll Tattoo: Obtain the "Widow Maker" award by killing 250 players.
- Broken Skull Tattoo: Obtain the "Scoping Out" award by killing 500 players with a sniper rifle.
- Burning Heart Tattoo: Obtain the "Slayer" award by placing in the top three positions in 25 deathmatches.
- Clown Dual Wield Dollars Tattoo: Hold up 20 stores.
- Clown Dual Wield Tattoo: Hold up 15 stores.
- Clown Tattoo: Hold up 5 stores.
- Clown With Gun Tattoo: Hold up 10 stores.
- Dragon And Dagger Tattoo: Obtain the "Equalizer" award by killing a player that has killed you three consecutive times in a deathmatches 25 times.
- Embellished Scroll Tattoo: Obtain the "Widow Maker" award by killing 500 players.
- Flaming Skull Tattoo: Obtain the "Killstreaker" award by getting the most kills in a four player Survival game.
- Grim Reaper Smoking Gun Tattoo: Obtain the "Clear Out" award by completing five Gang Attacks during one in-game day in a single session.
- Grim Reaper Tattoo: Obtain the "Team Carrier" award by being the MVP in 25 deathmatches.
- Hottie Tattoo: Obtain the "Lapping It Up" award by getting 25 private dances at the strip club.
- Hustler Tattoo: Obtain the "Hustler" award by winning $50,000 in bets.
- Los Santos Customs Tattoo: Fully mod a vehicle at a Los Santos Customs.
- Melting Skull Tattoo: Obtain the "Death Toll" award by accumulating 500 deathmatch kills.
- Racing Blonde Tattoo: Obtain the "Record Holder" award by setting a world record in any race.
- Racing Brunette: Win 50 races.
- Ride or Die Tattoo: Obtain the "Road Rage" award by killing at least three other racers (or the same racer three times) before winning a GTA-mode race.
- Seven Deadly Sins Tattoo: Obtain the "Widow Maker" award by killing 1,000 players.
- Skull & Sword Tattoo: Obtain the "Bounty Hunter" award by successfully collecting 25 bounties.
- Skull Tattoo: Obtain the "Headbanger" award by killing 500 players with head shots.
- The Wages Of Sin Tattoo: Obtain the "Bloodiest Of The Bunch" award.
- Trust No One Tattoo: Obtain the "Car Bomber" award by killing 50 players with car bombs.
- Way Of The Gun Tattoo: Obtain the "Pistol Whipped" award by killing 500 players with a pistol.
First, create an account at the Rockstar Games Social Club, and link it to your Xbox Live account. When creating a character in GTA Online, highlight "Dad's Father" under the "Heritage" option, and press Y to select John Marston from Red Dead Redemption as a "Special Dad" for your created character.Patch note
Some of the glitches/tricks below only work on the unpatched version of GTA Online.Duplicating vehicles
This glitch will allow you to duplicate another player's vehicle, which you can then either sell or keep for yourself. First, request a job from Gerald while you are in another player's vehicle. Use the other player's vehicle for the mission, and make sure you are driving it when the mission ends. You should then enter free roam mode, and still be in the vehicle. You can now go to Los Santos Customs and try selling the vehicle. If you cannot sell it at that point, add a tracker to it, and try going back later to sell it. If you want to keep it, add a tracker to it, and insure it.Infinite money
First, buy the Bati801 motorbike. Next, pause the game, go to the "Options" tab, and set "Spawn Location" to "Last Location". Take the Bati801 to the Los Santos Customs car shop. Customize the Bati801 as much as possible so it greatly increases in value. Then, sell the Bati801. Immediately after selling the Bati801, pause the game, go to the "Online" tab, and select "Swap Character". When the character selection screen appears, choose the same character you were just using to sell the Bati801. You should then spawn back on the Bati801 you just sold, right outside the Los Santos Customs car shop, and still have the money you received for selling it. Repeat this process as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money. You can make $5 million an hour using this glitch. Note: This glitch works on Patch 1.04.
Create an invite only game session. Then, go to any store, and rob it. Punch the clerk, and they will run off. Take all the money in the cash register. Next, enter the Start menu, and go to Xbox Live Marketplace, as you would if you were going to purchase in-game money. As soon as Xbox Live Marketplace loads, exit it, and you will spawn back in the same store at the exact same spot, except the world will have refreshed. You can then punch the clerk again, and take the money from the cash register. Repeat this process as many times as desired. You can get approximately $100,000 an hour using this glitch.
To earn some money easily at the beginning of GTA Online without alerting the police, steal a good common car in Vinewood. Then, go to a Los Santos Customs car shop. You can sell stolen cars to car shops, but most car shops will not accept luxury sports cars, as they will say they are too hot. You will get approximately $9,000 to $10,000 for a good common car that does not have much damage. Once you have earned some money, deposit it at an ATM to avoid potentially losing it to other players or if you die. Once you have earned enough money using this method, buy some body armor and weapon customization to do heists and robberies to earn more money. It is recommended you purchase a silencer for your weapon when you have enough money so you can avoid heat from the cops.
Once you reach Rank 45, the "Mixed Up With Coke" mission will be unlocked. The rewards for completing this mission are $18,000 and 3,500 RP. It can take approximately 15 minutes to complete the mission the first few times, but once you figure it out, it can be completed with three other players in approximately one minute. Note: One player will need to be at Rank 45 to access the mission, as well as one player at Rank 19 or higher and two players at Rank 9 or higher to do the mission.
Once you reach Rank 75, the "Rooftop Rumble" mission will be unlocked from a guy named Martin Madrazo (he leads a Mexican narcotic gang in the Los Santos area). To complete the mission, you basically need to kill five people. It is possible to earn up to $2 million and 400K RP per hour by continuing to efficiently complete the mission. Note: You can also do the mission if you are at a lower rank and get invited by someone at Rank 75 or higher. If you are at a lower rank, make sure to use sticky bombs instead of the grenade launcher, and kill any survivors with a rifle.
Enter the restricted area at the Los Santos International Airport through the fence (jump it or drive through it) near the flight school to find three helicopters. Use the helicopters to easily escape the police after robbing stores. However, make sure the helicopter is not parked where the cashier can shoot you. Robbing and escaping the cops will also earn you easy XP. You will usually get $1,000 to $8,000 for each robbery.Easy lower wanted level
Use a mask before committing a crime because it will enable you to easily lose one star from your wanted level once the police start chasing you. Wait until the cops cannot see you after the crime has been committed and they are pursuing you, then remove the mask. One wanted level star should immediately disappear. However, it will not have an effect if you only have one wanted level star.Fast traveling
To quickly travel to a location across the map, select a race that is nearby to where you want to go. Then, go to the race, enter the lobby, and drop out of it. You should then spawn at the start of the race location in free roam mode.Play in North Yankton
Start the "Prologue" mission while offline by selecting it from the "Missions" menu. Continue until the part where you exit the vault heist and the police arrive. Pause the game, then have a friend invite you into a multiplayer session. North Yankton will now appear on the online map, floating over the southeast area of the map. Use a helicopter to reach it.Crowbar
Start team deathmatch in Cargo with another player. Once the match begins, go to the melee weapons on the map to find crowbars. Grab a crowbar, and complete the team deathmatch to be able to permanently keep the crowbar.Black Mask appearance
Reach Rank 80, then go to the mask store. Purchase the Black Skull mask, then go to a clothing store. Talk to the cashier to browse the outfits. Select "Business Smart", and purchase "The Discoteque". You will now look similar to Black Mask from Batman: Arkham Origins.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Above The Law (80 points): GTA Online: Reach Rank 100.
- American Dream (10 points): GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.
- Backseat Driver (10 points): GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.
- Clean Sweep (10 points): GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.
- Crew Cut (5 points): GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.
- Decorated (50 points): GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.
- Dialling Digits (5 points): GTA Online: Call for a Backup Helicopter for the first time.
- Enjoy Your Stay (20 points): GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer.
- Full Refund (10 points): GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.
- Making Moves (30 points): GTA Online: Reach Rank 50.
- Numero Uno (20 points): GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.
- Off The Plane (5 points): GTA Online: Complete the Introduction.
- Run Like The Wind (20 points): GTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head.
- Stick Up Kid (10 points): GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.
- The Midnight Club (20 points): GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.
- Three-Bit Gangster (10 points): GTA Online: Reach Rank 25.
- Unnatural Selection (20 points): GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.
Additionally, there are four secret achievements:
- Be Prepared (10 points): GTA Online: Complete a Heist Setup mission.
- Dead Presidents (30 points): GTA Online: Complete The Fleeca Job and The Pacific Standard Job as Heist Leader or Crew.
- In the Name of Science (30 points): GTA Online: Complete The Humane Labs Raid and Series A Funding as Heist Leader or Crew.
- Parole Day (30 points): GTA Online: Complete The Prison Break as Heist Leader or Crew.