When you start the game, you will have to complete the prologue mission. Then, you will proceed to your plane to start the main missions. You can also start side missions by talking to your team. Talk to Grim to get four side missions to complete before you start the main missions. When you complete all of Grims missions, new gear will be unlocked under the "Customize Gear" option. You will now have all the stealth gear and can start Mission 1: Safe House. This is one of the quickest missions in the game, and if you complete it without killing anybody and stay undetected, you will get a lot of money when you complete the mission. Once you finish the mission, you will be back at the plane. While on the plane, go to the "SMI Panel", and press A. When the map is displayed, press LB to show all missions. You will have the option to replay the "Safe House" mission. Replaying and completing this mission eight times will get you more than enough money to buy all the planes upgrades and all of Sam Fisher's gear and weapons.
Search the indicated locations to find all 23 Blacklist laptops. Collect all 23 of them to get the "Data Security" achievement. You will also earn extra money for collecting the Blacklist laptops. You must reach the laptops undetected or the enemies will destroy them. There is never more than one laptop in each mission, and some missions do not contain one. To see collectibles more easily, you can buy the "Command & Control" upgrade for your airplane. It will highlight collectibles when you get close to them. When selecting a mission, you can see exactly which collectibles you have found in it and which you are still missing. When talking to Briggs on the airplane, you can see the total progress.
Search the indicated locations to find all 24 Dead Drop flash drives. Collect all 24 of them to get the "Intel Acquired" achievement. You will also earn extra money for collecting the Dead Drop flash drives. Almost every mission has a Dead Drop flash drive, but there is never more than one in each mission. To see collectibles more easily, you can buy the "Command & Control" upgrade for your airplane. It will highlight collectibles when you get close to them. When selecting a mission, you can see exactly which collectibles you have found in it and which you are still missing. When talking to Briggs on the airplane, you can see the total progress.
Search the indicated locations to find all 20 HVTs (High Value Targets). Capture all 20 of them to get the "HVTs Secured" achievement. You will also earn extra money for capturing HVTs. After finding and capturing an HVT, you will usually need to proceed to the next area or checkpoint for it to count. There will be a little pop-up in the top right corner to confirm it has been counted. The HVTs move around a little, so their locations can sometimes be slightly different, but they are always in the same area. There is never more than one HVT in each mission, and some missions do not have one. To identify HVTs more easily, you can buy the "Command & Control" upgrade for your airplane. When you get close enough to an HVT, they will be highlighted. To capture an HVT, you must use a non-lethal method by knocking them out or using your stun gun. When selecting a mission, you can see exactly which collectibles you have found in it and which ones you are still missing. When talking to Briggs on the airplane, you can see the total progress. HVTs are marked different than other enemies on your mini-map. They have a larger red symbol.
Use the following tactics in the indicated missions to complete the game on the Perfectionist difficulty while staying undetected and not using lethal force and get the "4th Echelon Commendation", "4th Echelon Officer", "No Kill Option Engaged", and "Tactical Style: Ghost" achievements.
You can get the "Distraction Tactician" achievement almost anywhere in the game, but Mission 4: Private Estate is a good place to get it. At the beginning of the mission, search for a guard, and hide behind a nearby object. Then, press Back to make some noise and lure the guard to you. When the guard gets close, press X to eliminate him.Easy "Enhanced Lethality Demonstrated" achievement
Play Mission 2: Insurgent Stronghold on the Rookie difficulty. A few minutes after the mission begins, you will have to go under a wooden bridge. At this point, you should have a full execution meter. While you are under that bridge, shoot at it until the guards hear you. This will make them group up, which is what you want to happen. They need to be as close as possible together. There is also a checkpoint in that area -- so you can keep retrying, if necessary. When you reach the other side of the bridge, go through the building, up the stairs, and wait at the window outside. Wait until the two guards inside the house and one from the outside are in your line of fire. Mark them with RB, and use your execution to kill three enemies at once. Before shooting them, throw some flashbangs so the other enemies will not attack you. Then, quickly kill an enemy with hand-to-hand combat to fill up your execution meter, and mark and execute the remaining three enemies. Note: You must equip the strongest armor in the game or else the enemies will kill you. Activate the sonar vision on your goggles to see enemies quickly.
When you kill the first enemies in Mission 1: Safe House, you will be in an alley. There are a total of six enemies and five containers in this area. One container is in the alley, and four are in the building you need to enter. Eliminate all of the enemies, and then put one in each of the five blue containers to get the "Evidence Concealed" achievement.Easy "Hostages Secured" achievement
At the end of Mission 7: Transit Yards, after defusing all the bombs, you will be in a train with some enemies and civilians. Once you reach the end of the train, two enemies will take hostages and use them as human shields. If you get to close or start shooting, they will kill the hostages. To save them, throw sleeping gas. You can buy sleeping gas on your airplane (headquarters) at any time. Alternatively, you can also mark the enemies and use your execution ability to kill them immediately.Easy "Hostile Shield Secured" achievement
At the end of Mission 6: Special Missions HQ, you will encounter an enemy with a shield. A short cutscene will begin playing when you enter the room. Eliminate the other enemies, and let the Infantryman get close to you. Then, shoot his shield until he breaks down. You will then have a couple of seconds to get behind him and eliminate him with hand-to-hand combat by pressing X. Pick up his shield to get the "Hostile Shield Secured" achievement.Easy "Mission Footprint Zero" achievement
Mission 1: Safe House is one of the easiest and shortest missions in the game. Play this mission on the Rookie difficulty. The enemies will not spot you as easily. You also may want to attempt this after you have purchased certain equipment to make things easier. You can replay all missions at any point in the game (even after completing the story). When attempting to get the "Mission Footprint Zero" achievement, the enemies never can shoot at you or tigger an alarm. Their "attention meter" (the half circle that fills up when they see you) may never turn red. If it turns red, you have been detected and need to restart. If the half circle turns all white, you are still fine and can proceed. As long as you kill enemies before their attention meter turns red, you will be fine to proceed.Easy "Tri-Rotor Functionality" achievement
Immediately after Mission 6: Special Missions HQ begins, you can see some surveillance cameras. Hide behind a wall, and release your Tri-Rotor drone. Steer it to the camera, and press X to shoot a sticky shocker dart. This will destroy the camera, and you will get the "Tri-Rotor Functionality" achievement. Note: You can purchase the Tri-Rotor drone on your airplane (headquarters) for $72,000. It is not a requirement to upgrade it to get this achievement.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- 4th Echelon Status Confirmed (30 points): Stopped the Blacklist.
- 4th Echelon Commendation (60 points): Completed every single player mission on Realistic difficulty.
- 4th Echelon Officer (100 points): Completed every single player mission on Perfectionist difficulty.
- HVTs Secured (10 points): Captured 20 High-Value Targets.
- Intel Acquired (10 points): Collected 24 Dead Drop flash drives.
- Data Security (10 points): Hacked 23 Blacklist Laptops.
- Upgraded Gear Accessed (10 points): Fully upgraded one gun.
- C&C Optimized (20 points): Paladin fully upgraded.
- Tactical Style: Ghost (25 points): Mastered Ghost playstyle.
- Tactical Style: Panther (25 points): Mastered Panther playstyle.
- Tactical Style: Assault (25 points): Mastered Assault playstyle.
- Evidence Concealed (10 points): Hid 5 bodies in containers.
- No Kill Option Engaged (50 points): Completed the single player campaign without killing anyone as Sam Fisher.
- Distraction Tactician (10 points): Stealthily took down an enemy who'd been lured by sound.
- Tri-Rotor Functionality (10 points): Used the Tri-Rotor to disable a security device.
- Enhanced Lethality Demonstrated (10 points): Mastered Mark & Execute.
- Hostile Shield Secured (10 points): Snuck up & stole the shield from a Shielded Infantryman.
- Hostages Secured (10 points): Saved the hostages in the Transit Yards.
- Mission Footprint Zero (10 points): Completed a single player mission undetected.
- Combined Op Successful (10 points): Completed a COOP mission with a teammate.
- Infiltration Operator (30 points): Completed all of Anna Grímsdóttir's 4th Echelon Missions.
- Extraction Operator (30 points): Completed all of Charlie Cole's 4th Echelon Missions.
- Combined Operator (30 points): Completed all of Isaac Briggs 's 4th Echelon Missions.
- Elite Killing Team (15 points): Dual Executed a helmeted enemy.
- Lead Interrogator (10 points): Won the COOP interrogation in VORON Station.
- ShadowNet Online (5 points): Logged into ShadowNet for the first time.
- Officer of the Day (15 points): Completed a Daily Challenge.
- Seven Day Duty Shift (30 points): Completed a Spies vs Mercs Weekly Challenge.
- Support Ops (15 points): Assisted teammates in 10 Spies vs Mercs objectives.
- Lethal Versatility (100 points): Won a match in every Spies vs Mercs game mode.
- Firearm Accessed (15 points): Unlocked a Merc's Light Machine Gun.
- Personal Kit (15 points): Unlocked a custom loadout slot for Spy or Merc.
- Trusted Agent (50 points): Achieved Rank 10 in Spies vs Mercs.
- Rated Hacker (25 points): Hacked a terminal in a Spies vs Mercs SvM Blacklist or SvM Classic match.
- Rated Intel Courier (15 points): Carried home the intel in a Spies vs Mercs Extraction match.
- Rated Aggressor (15 points): Captured a control point in a Spies vs Mercs Uplink Control match.
Additionally, there are 11 secret achievements:
- Asset Retrieval (10 points): Complete Safehouse on any difficulty.
- Ambush Escaped (10 points): Complete Insurgent Stronghold on any difficulty.
- American Consumption Prevented (10 points): Complete American Consumption on any difficulty.
- Terrorist Factor Turned (10 points): Complete Private Estate on any difficulty.
- Tracker Placed (10 points): Complete Abandoned Mill on any difficulty.
- Iranian Intel Retrieved (10 points): Complete Special Missions HQ on any difficulty.
- American Freedom Averted (10 points): Complete Transit Yards on any difficulty.
- Infiltration/Interrogation (10 points): Complete Detention Facility on any difficulty.
- Paladin Restored (10 points): Survive the attack on Paladin.
- American Fuel Engaged (10 points): Complete LNG Terminal on any difficulty.
- Hunter Operator (30 points): Complete all 4th Echelon Missions from Andriy Kobin.