Riddle Guide - Batman: Arkham Asylum
Trophy Guide - Batman: Arkham Asylum
Strategy Guide/Walkthrough/FAQ - Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Successfully complete the game to unlock the Armored Batsuit in Challenge mode.Alternate weapon view
Equip the Batarang, Batclaw, or Multibatarang, then press LT to aim and RB to fire the weapon to get a behind-the-projectile view.Solving The Riddler's "?"s
If you are perplexed by The Riddler's more difficult riddles such as "What's right in front of you but still hidden from view?", you will usually be able to use Detective mode to find a piece of a question mark without a dot (or the dot without the question mark). An easy way to see an example of this is to go to the second balcony outside of the penitentiary. Look toward the medical facility, and enable Detective mode. You will see a "?" with no dot under it on the floor. Grapple to the balcony above, and on the center pole of the railing is the "?"'s dot. Align them onscreen, and use Environmental Analysis. This will solve the "Do you see what I see? No? Then maybe I am in a stronger position." riddle. There are only a few of these riddles, but you must find both parts of the "?" and align them to solve the riddle."Solve The Spirit Of Arkham's Mystery" chronicle
If you are skilled enough to find all of The Riddler's secret maps, or if you find all the "Chronicle Of Arkham" hidden pieces throughout the game without them, there will be one more blank chronicle remaining to decipher. To unlock it, go all the way back to where you found Clayface behind the wall in the penitentiary. Go up the center stairs where you left Warden Sharp a long time ago. There will be some scribbling on the floor. Use your Environmental Analysis on it to unlock the final chronicle.Easy combos
When fighting a Titan henchman along with a group of normal henchmen, stun the Titan, then jump on his back, and use him to hit the normal henchman to increase your combo total.Defeating Bane
Bane's primary attack is similar to the trample done by the deformed Joker henchman. When Bane begins to run towards you, throw a Batarang at him, then dive out of the way. Bane will run into the wall and will be momentarily stunned. While he is stunned, start hitting him. Batman will then jump on top of Bane and rip off one of the hoses pumping him with venom. If your Batarang misses Bane, he will still run into the wall and appear to be stunned; however, he will just cover his face and try hitting you. When he turns around, run away from him. After you rip off the first hose, prisoners will jump from the railings and try to help Bane, and Bane will throw chunks of wall at you. You can focus on them or just try dodging them while focusing on Bane. Pull three hoses from Bane's back to defeat him.Defeating Poison Ivy's plants
To destroy Poison Ivy's large plants on the ground, get near them to pull out the heart by dropping from above. Find a high point such as a tower or building, then drop down directly beside it. The plant will not have enough time to produce the irritating orbs that can hurt you before you tear its heart out.Frank Boles information
There is an advertisement in the Medical Facility for the hospital's website (www.ArkhamCare.com). You can visit this URL in a web browser and use the employee login section. Enter "125845712" as the guard login number. You will login as Frank Boles and can read information about him.Ras Al Ghul's resurrection
You can find Ras' corpse in Dr. Young's office. If you re-visit the office later in the game, Ras Al Ghul's body bag has been unzipped and his body is missing, showing that he once again resurrected and escaped.Arkhamcare website
In Intensive Treatment, there is a long hallway (where Scarecrow first attacks you) where you will hear a recording that talks about how to treat patients. It tells you that you can find pricing information at //www.arkhamcare.com/prices/, which is a real website.Batman: Arkham City reference
In the Warden's Office, go back to the room with the Warden's portrait on the far wall. Turn left as soon as you enter the doorway, and approach the wooden wall. You can destroy it with Explosive Gel. It may take a few tries, but one of the panels on the wooden wall can be destroyed. Beyond the wooden wall is an unmarked room with a blueprint on the wall. It shows plans for the relocation or expansion of Arkham to Gotham City. This is a reference to the setting of Batman: Arkham City.Batman RIP reference
During the final confrontation with Scarecrow, it shows Batman's gravestone, which is the same design as the current comic book series Batman RIP.George Clooney reference
After rescuing Cash and the orderly from the Joker's laughing gas, stand in the main room looking at the smaller room where they were trapped. A ticker will scroll the following garbled message: "Dr. Clooney report to Gynecology." This is a reference to George Clooney, who once had the role of Batman.Knightfall reference
If you lose to Bane, it shows a cutscene of him snapping Batman's back over his knee. This is reference to Knightfall: Book 1, where Bane breaks Batman's spine.Scarecrow actor references
Listen to the first Scarecrow interview. You will hear him mention a Dr. Murphy, and a Dr. Combs will be mentioned by a security guard. Cillian Murphy played Scarecrow in the newer movies and Jeffrey Combs voiced Scarecrow on the later episodes of Batman: The Animated Series.Easy "Catch" achievement
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Big Bang (50 points): Complete story mode on Easy difficulty.
- Bigger Bang (50 points): Complete story mode on Normal difficulty.
- Biggest Bang (50 points): Complete story mode on Hard difficulty.
- Party Pooper (10 points): Time to break up this party.
- Freeflow Combo 20 (10 points): Complete a combo of 20 moves (any play mode).
- Freeflow Combo 40 (10 points): Complete a combo of 40 moves (any play mode).
- Night Glider (5 points): Glide continuously for over 100m.
- Rope-A-Dope-A-Dope (10 points): String up one henchman and drop him to surprise a second (any play mode).
- Mano-A-Mano (10 points): Take on a beast in hand to hand combat.
- Catch! (5 points): Catch a Batarang (any play mode).
- Freeflow Combo 5 (5 points): Complete a combo of 5 moves (any play mode).
- Freeflow Combo 10 (5 points): Complete a combo of 10 moves (any play mode).
- Freeflow Perfection (10 points): Perform a perfect combo including all of Batman's combat moves (any play mode).
- Freakshow Rodeo (10 points): Ride a beast and unleash its power.
- Freeflow Bronze (10 points): Achieve 8 medals on combat challenges.
- Freeflow Silver (25 points): Achieve 16 medals on combat challenges.
- Freeflow Gold (50 points): Achieve 24 medals on combat challenges.
- Predator Bronze (10 points): Achieve 8 medals on predator challenges.
- Predator Silver (25 points): Achieve 16 medals on predator challenges.
- Predator Gold (50 points): Achieve 24 medals on predator challenges.
- Invisible Predator (10 points): Complete one predator challenge by using only Silent Takedowns and without being detected.
- Flawless Freeflow Fighter (10 points): Complete one combat challenge without taking damage.
- Crack The E Nigma (20 points): Solve every riddle on the island.
- Arkham Analyst (20 points): Solve 5% of Riddler challenges.
- Cryptic Investigator (20 points): Solve 10% of Riddler challenges.
- Lateral Thinker (20 points): Solve 25% of Riddler challenges.
- Mystery Solver (20 points): Solve 40% of Riddler challenges.
- Conundrum Cracker (20 points): Solve 55% of Riddler challenges.
- Mental Athlete (20 points): Solve 70% of Riddler challenges.
- Riddle Resolver (20 points): Solve 85% of Riddler challenges.
- World's Greatest Detective (20 points): Solve Arkham's biggest mystery.
- Perfect Knight (75 points): 100% Complete.
Additionally, there are fifteen secret achievements:
- Shocking Rescue (10 points): Take down Zsasz in the Patient Pacification Chamber.
- Leave No Man Behind (10 points): Rescue the guards and henchman from the Joker toxin in Decontamination.
- Malpractice Needs More Practice (10 points): Survive the onslaught from the deformed Joker henchman.
- Born Free (10 points): Escape from Intensive Treatment to the island surface.
- Just What The Doctors Ordered (10 points): Save all the doctors in Medical.
- Daydreamer (10 points): Survive the nightmare of the Scarecrow's fear gas.
- Baneful Payback (25 points): Defeat Bane.
- Breaking And Entering (10 points): Gain access to Arkham Mansion after it is locked down by the Joker.
- Recurring Nightmare (10 points): Face your biggest fears and keep your sanity.
- Zsasz Cut Down To Size (10 points): Save Dr. Young from being killed by Victor Zsasz.
- Solitary Confinement (25 points): Capture and lock up Harley Quinn.
- Double Trouble (25 points): Defeat two Titan Henchmen at once.
- Resist The Fear (50 points): Conquer the effects of the Scarecrow's fear gas.
- Crocodile Tears (50 points): Venture into Killer Croc's lair and come out alive.
- Poisoned Ivy (50 points): Defeat the giant Titan Ivy plant.
Batman: Arkham City
At the main menu, press Left(2), Down(2), Left(2), Right, Up(2), Down to unlock an option to select any of the bonus costumes. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a sound when you continue your game.Big head mode
Pull out the Cryptographic Sequencer, then hold LB + RT and rotate the Right Analog-stick clockwise ten times to make Batman's head and all enemy head's larger. Repeat the code to disable its effect.
Successfully complete the game on the Normal or Hard difficulty to unlock New Game Plus mode. This mode allows you to keep your previously earned gadgets and experience points. Additionally, there will not be any counter icons on thugs, thugs and Bosses will be more difficult, and thugs will have different configurations.Taunting
Rotate the Right Analog-stick clockwise repeatedly to perform a taunt. Note: If you execute a taunt before performing a glide kick with Batman or Robin, the view will change to the enemy's perspective.Alternate ending
Note: The alternate ending requires the bonus "Catwoman" downloadable content. In Catwoman's third mission, when you have the option to go left or right with the "loot", go right to view the alternate ending. You will still be able to go backwards and not ruin anything in the main campaign.Hidden messages
Use Batman's Cryptographic Sequencer to go to the following coordinates to intercept secret radio broadcasts that read numbers, make a buzzing sound, and then repeat the numbers again. When the numbers are matched to the corresponding letters of the alphabet, they spell out a hidden message. Note: Some of the secret broadcasts may not be available until after completing the main campaign.
Hidden message 1
- Location: X: 700.00, Y: 500.00
- Message: 9-23-9-12-12-18-5-20-21-18-14-2-1-20-13-1-14
- Decoded message: "I WILL RETURN BATMAN"
Hidden message 2
- Location: X: 500.00, Y: 900.00
- Message: 5-15-9-7-21-18-18-14-3-5-24-15-12-7-22-3-10-5-15-9-22-3-8-25-26-15-16-25-10-15-17-25
- Decoded message: "YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME"
Hidden message 3
- Location: X: 200.00, Y: 500.00
- Message: 3-20-26-18-26-16-24-1-11-4-24-9-3-8-5-2-12-18-6-16-7-11-3-10-17-5-13-4-21-8
- Decoded message: "FEAR WILL TEAR GOTHAM CITY TO SHREDS"
One of the last four Augmented Reality Challenges appears to be difficult because you are supposed to execute a U-turn during your dive bomb. This can be done more easily by using the grapple boost going past the first checkpoint, then turning around while gliding. You can then glide through all the checkpoints much easier.Easy high scores with Batman in Combat Challenges
Alternate throwing the Batarang and evading or jumping over the heads of enemies until you get to do a special move (combo 5x or 8x). You can do this five times before it will not add to your multiplier. If it gets blocked, it should not break your combo. It seems throwing Batarangs in succession also works well, as you can throw at least two at a time, and it will not break a combo. Additionally, jump into the middle of enemies, and perform the Bat Swarm.Harley Quinn pregnancy
Go to the manager's office inside the Steel Mill. On the floor, next to the Harley Quinn costume, there is a positive pregnancy test.Batman: Arkham City reference in Batman: Arkham Asylum
In the Warden's Office in Batman: Arkham Asylum, go back to the room with the Warden's portrait on the far wall. Turn left as soon as you enter the doorway, and approach the wooden wall. You can destroy it with Explosive Gel. It may take a few tries, but one of the panels on the wooden wall can be destroyed. Beyond the wooden wall is an unmarked room with a blueprint on the wall. It shows plans for the relocation or expansion of Arkham to Gotham City. This is a reference to the setting of Batman: Arkham City.Killer Croc reference
After you defeat Ra's al Ghul and are leaving the subway tunnels, instead of going the correct way, backtrack until you find a gate blocking your path. You should see a button on the far wall and a gap in the iron bars. Throw the Batarang through the gap to hit the button. There will be a cutscene with Killer Croc. Note: You cannot reach this area again after this point in the game.Lost reference
During the second visit to the Steelmill, you will see The Joker on the large TV. He will start talking about TV shows, and say "How come it all ended in a church," which is a reference to the TV show, Lost.Scarecrow reference
Note: To access this secret room, you must have the upgraded Cryptographic Sequencer with the "TYGER" codes installed. Just north of the Industrial District in the Harbord, glide onto the Falcone boat west of the two cranes hanging over the water -- where you do the first set of Augmented Reality challenges. Use the Cryptographic Sequencer to hack the door on the boat. Enter "CityofTerror" as a password to open the hatch on the boat. Inside are a bunch of containers with cockroaches on them and a dead inmate. There is also a shipping invoice for Dr. J. Crane (Scarecrow's real name), hinting that Scarecrow did survive the Killer Croc encounter.
Towards the end of the game, you will get the "Heart Of Ice" side mission from Mr. Freeze. You must find Nora Fries to complete the quest. Go to the Industrial District in the south-eastern part of Arkham City. You should see a marked area of Nora's estimated location. There is a well guarded building with a locked front door. When standing in front of this building, fly north, and land on the ship. Use the Freeze Blast on the water to create a sheet of ice. Use the Batclaw to navigate to the destroyable wall, and use the Explosive Gel to get inside the building. Defeat the guards, and return to Mr. Freeze to get the "Bargaining Chip" achievement.Easy "Catch" achievement
You must throw a remote controlled Batarang at the Mystery Watcher to get the "Catch" achievement. After rescuing Catwoman in the courthouse, exit the courthouse, and you should be able to see the Mystery Watcher across the street, on top of the building to your right. Simply throw the remote controlled Batarang at him, and he will automatically catch it, and you will get the "Catch" achievement. Note: You cannot get the "Catch" achievement after completing the Mystery Watcher side quest.Easy "Gotham Base Jumper" achievement
Successfully complete the main campaign to gain access to the "Restricted Area" at the center of Arkham City. You will then be able to climb the Wonder Tower, which is the tallest point in Arkham City. Climb it, jump off the tower, and glide towards the Church. You will eventually hit the invisible barrier between Arkham City and the restricted zone, and Batman will automatically turn around. To keep Batman gliding, simply turn around to hit the invisible barrier again and automatically turn around, lifting Batman up to continue his glide. If you keep turning and hitting the barrier, you will always remain in the air, and will get the "Gotham Base Jumper" achievement after one minute.Easy "Mystery Stalker" achievement
The Mystery Watcher appears after the following specific events in the main plot:
- 1. After leaving the building where you saved Catwoman.
- 2. After meeting The Joker for the first time; he is on the Ferris Wheel.
- 3. After interrogating the Major.
- 4. After saving the reporter.
Scan the Hyroglyph each time after talking to the Mystery Watcher and he disappears. After scanning all four Hyroglyphs, the final location of the Mystery Watcher will be revealed. Note: If you miss any of these locations, you can still find the Mystery Watcher in these locations after completing the main campaign.
To find Crime Alley, go south from the Church. The alley is just below the letters "Restricted Area" on your map, and behind the Monarch Theater. In the alley, look for a lit section of concrete where two fresh chalk outlines have been drawn. Some flowers are laid down, with a note from Hugo Strange, and a tape. Stand near the red rose, and interact to kneel at the site of Batman's parents' murder and get the "Pay Your Respects" achievement. You can also take the tape left by Hugo Strange."Perfect Freeflow 2.0" achievement
Perform the following moves in a combo to get the "Perfect Freeflow 2.0" achievement:
- Combo Batarang
- Aerial Attack
- Ultra Stun
- Special Combo Takedown
- Special Combo Bat Swarm
- Special Combo Multi Ground Takedown
- Special Combo Disarm and Destroy
- Ground Pound
- Beatdown Finisher
Visit Calendar Man on the following twelve dates after rescuing Catwoman to get the "Story Teller" achievement:
- Jan 1st
- Feb 14th
- Mar 17th
- Apr 1st
- May 8th
- June 19th
- July 4th
- Aug 16th
- Sept 5th
- Oct 31st
- Nov 24th
- Dec 25th
To easily get the "Story Teller" achievement, disconnect the internet connection to your Xbox 360. Then, set the system date to each of the indicated dates and visit Calendar Man. Calendar Man is located in the basement of the courthouse. When you speak with Calendar Man on one of the indicated dates, he will tell you a story about the current month's holiday, and then tell you to return during the next month's holiday. Save the game by leaving the building. The calendar on the wall next to his cell will highlight the holiday dates for the current year and scribble out which months you have already spoken to Calendar Man about.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- I'm Batman (10 points): Become the Bat.
- Acid Bath (10 points): Save the damsel, but is she in distress?.
- Savior (10 points): Save the medical volunteers.
- Chimney Sweep (10 points): There is only one way in.
- One Armed Bandit (10 points): Hammer the point home.
- Communication Breakdown (10 points): Clear the airwaves.
- Gladiator (10 points): Last man standing.
- Wrecking Ball (25 points): Stop the unstoppable.
- Lost And Found (10 points): Uncover the secret of Arkham City.
- Sand Storm (25 points): We are legion.
- Hide And Seek (25 points): A deadly game of hide and seek.
- Ghost Train (25 points): Fight for survival.
- Freefall (25 points): Don't look down.
- Exit Stage Right (50 points): All the world is a stage.
- Forensic Expert (10 points): Collect enough evidence to locate the gun for hire.
- Contract Terminated (25 points): Stop the contract operative.
- Serial Killer (25 points): Track down the serial killer.
- Mystery Stalker (15 points): Reveal the mystery watcher.
- Distress Flare (5 points): Answer the call for help.
- Broken Toys (25 points): Destroy it all.
- Ring Ring (5 points): Answer a ringing phone.
- Dial Z For Murder (25 points): Stop the phone booth killer.
- Stop the Clock (15 points): Time is running out.
- Bargaining Chip (15 points): Reunite the separated couple.
- AR Knight (25 points): Complete all augmented reality training exercises.
- Fully Loaded (10 points): Collect all of Batman's gadgets and upgrades.
- Aggravated Assault (10 points): Stop all assaults in Arkham City.
- IQ Test (10 points): Solve the first riddle.
- Conundrum (20 points): Rescue the first hostage from Riddler.
- Mastermind (20 points): Rescue the second hostage from Riddler.
- Puzzler (30 points): Rescue the third hostage from Riddler.
- Intellectual (30 points): Rescue the fourth hostage from Riddler.
- Brainteaser (40 points): Rescue the fifth hostage from Riddler.
- Genius (50 points): Rescue all the hostages from Riddler.
- Bronze Revenge (10 points): Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman).
- Silver Revenge (20 points): Obtain 48 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman).
- Gold Revenge (40 points): Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman).
- Campaign Bronze (10 points): Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman).
- Campaign Silver (20 points): Obtain 72 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Batman).
- Campaign Gold (40 points): Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Batman).
- Flawless Freeflow Fighter 2.0 (5 points): Complete one combat challenge without taking damage (any character).
- Twice Nightly (75 points): Complete New Game Plus.
- Gotham Base Jumper (5 points): Jump off the tallest building in Arkham City and glide for 1 minute without touching the ground.
- Pay Your Respects (5 points): A moment of remembrance.
- Story Teller (10 points): Have 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man.
- Catch (5 points): Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with.
- 50x Combo (5 points): Complete a combo of 50 moves (any play mode, any character).
- Perfect Freeflow 2.0 (5 points): Perform a perfect combo including all of Batman's combat moves (any play mode).
- Gadget Attack (5 points): Use 5 different Quickfire gadgets in one fight (any play mode).
- Perfect Knight - Day 2 (75 points): Complete Main Story, Side Missions, Upgrades, Collectables, New Game Plus, and Riddler's Revenge (as Batman).
The following achievements require the "Catwoman Bundle Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- Sphinx' Riddle (10 points): Complete all 40 of the Catwoman Riddler grid items.
- Arkham City Sirens (25 points): Drop in on an old friend.
- Pick Pocket (25 points): Steal the score of a lifetime.
- Family Jewels (40 points): Retrieve your stolen goods.
- Feline Revenge (25 points): Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Catwoman).
- Campaign Kitty (25 points): Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Catwoman).
The following achievements require the "Nightwing Bundle Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- Nightwing Revenge (25 points): Obtain 78 medals on the original Arkham City and Nightwing Bundle Pack ranked maps (as Nightwing).
- Campaign Nightwing (25 points): Obtain 114 medals on the original Arkham City and Nightwing Bundle Pack campaigns (as Nightwing).
The following achievements require the "Robin Bundle Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- Robin Revenge (25 points): Obtain 78 medals on the original Arkham City and Robin Bundle Pack ranked maps (as Robin).
- Campaign Wonder (25 points): Obtain 114 medals on the original Arkham City and Robin Bundle Pack campaigns (as Robin).
The following achievements require the "Harley Quinn's Revenge" bonus downloadable content:
- Lost Property (20 points): No crimefighter should be without this.
- Breaking and Entering (20 points): Find a way into the secret base.
- How's It Hanging? (20 points): Clean up the Dry Docks.
- The Last Laugh (40 points): The joke's on who?
- Frequent Flyer (10 points): Zip Kick 3 different thugs.
- Battering Ram (10 points): Shield Bash 5 different thugs.
- Snap To It (20 points): Snap Flash an unarmed thug, an armed thug, an environmental object and a Titan.
- Bomb Squad (40 points): Defuse all bombs in 3 minutes or less.
- A Few New Tricks (20 points): Use 5 different Quickfire gadgets in one fight as Robin in Harley Quinn's Revenge.
- Party's Over (50 points): Destroy all Harley Balloons.