Enter one of the following codes under your SHiFT account at Gearbox Software to unlock the corresponding bonus. Note: Some codes will expire over time or number of redemptions.
- 3 Golden Keys: WTKJT-JWKC5-69X6Z-WFBBT-WSFJX (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: K35T3-JC956-JXXBX-WXJTJ-HKF5J (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: WBWBT-53W5K-F9FR9-KRJBJ-W6CJ9 (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: 5TW33-TTCK5-6Z6FH-KRJT3-WSFKC (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: 5JWTB-SJHCR-JR6J6-CRT33-F5RKW (Expires: Unknown)
- 25 Golden Keys: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395 (Expires: Unknown)
At the title screen, press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start to unlock the "Extra Wubs" option at the "Gameplay" section of the "Options" menu. Note: Extra Wubs has no effect in the game.True Vault Hunter mode
Successfully complete the game to unlock True Vault Hunter mode.Ultimate Vault Hunter mode
Successfully complete the game in True Vault Hunter mode to unlock Ultimate Vault Hunter mode.Duplicating weapons, items, and money
Start a co-op game with at least one other player. Stand next to another player, and initiate a trade. Give them the desired weapons/items/money you would like to duplicate. Then, immediately quit the game without saving by signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system. Since the game did not save after you traded the weapons/items/money, you will still have them, and the other player you traded them to will also have them. The other player can then give you weapons/items/money while using the same method. Repeat this as many times as desired. Note: Do not trade items near an auto save point to prevent the game from accidentally saving while trading the items.Infinite Badass points
Note: This trick requires a character with at least $3 million. Create a new character, and start a game with both characters. Have the character with $3 million as player one and the new character as player two. Have player one trade $3 million to player two. You will get an extra 167 Badass points added to your profile. Then, have player two give the money back to player one. Next, have player two leave the game. Then, have player two join the game, but first delete the character player two was using, and create a new one before joining the game. Give the new character created for player two $3 million again to get another 167 Badass points. Repeat this as many times as desired.
Since Badass points are assigned to your profile and not a specific saved game file, it is possible to get an unlimited number of Badass points easily. Create a new character and have a second player join the game as a guest on controller two. Stand in front of the guest character with your main character, and keep activating a trade with each other by pressing B. Trades count whether you actually trade anything or not. Simply activate "Trade" without actually offering anything to still have it count as a trade. Do this 50 times to get a total of 166 Badass points. Then, create a new character and repeat the process as many times as desired. You can delete all the unwanted created characters once you are finished using this trick. Note: You can also do this with dueling. Stand in front of the guest character with your main character, and start a duel. Win the duel, and repeat the process. Fifty duel victories will result in a total gain of 166 Badass points. This can be done even quicker by setting up the controller configuration so you can keep tapping [Melee/Attack] without changing your aim at the second player.Easy XP
After completing the "A Dam Fine Rescue" mission, you will find Sir Hammerlock inside Sanctuary offering a quest called "Mighty Morphin'", which involves taking an injector and injecting Varkid Cocoons with a special serum. Injecting the serum into a cocoon produces a Badass Varkid. Killing one yields around 1,900 XP during your first playthrough, depending on your level. As long as you do not complete or turn-in the quest, you can kill all the enemies, choose to "Save and Quit", and reload the game to have the enemies respawn. Repeat this as many times as desired.Quickly reaching Level 50 with new character
Defeat The Warrior with a Level 50 character. When you are given the option to either kill Jack or let Lilith kill him, jump into the lava. The game will then automatically be saved with Jack and The Warrior defeated. Next, choose the "Save and Quit" option. When you choose to continue the game, you will start near Jack with the requirement to still kill him. Then, invite a character you want to easily level-up to 50. Once they have joined the game, have your Level 50 character kill Jack, wait three seconds, and then reset the system for the Level 50 character so the game cannot be saved. The new character will receive the XP given for killing Jack, but the Level 50 character's game will not be saved after killing Jack. Repeat this for approximately an hour to get the new character to Level 50.
Go to any slot machine after the game has recently been auto saved. Play the slot machine as many times as desired. If you do not like the weapons and/or items you won, simply quit the game without saving by signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system. Then, continue your saved game to still have all the money you spent on slot machine. Repeat this process as many times as desired to get better weapons and items.Better mission weapons
When turning in a mission that gives you a weapon as a reward, usually the stats of the weapon are randomly generated (and in some cases elements). Thus, if you do not like the weapon you are given after turning in a mission, simply quit the game without saving by signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system before the game auto saves. Continue your game, and turn the mission in again to get a weapon with different stats. Repeat this until you get a weapon with desired stats and/or elements. -From: Psychotic ElfLegendary (orange) loot locations
The following is a list of Legendary (orange) items that certain bosses and enemies in the game will drop, and the area(s) you can find those bosses/enemies. To increase your chances of getting a Boss or enemy listed below to drop a Legendary (orange) item, play Co-Op with four players. If you do not get the Boss/enemy to drop the item, leave the area and return to fight them again. Keep doing this (farming) until they drop the item(s). Note: There is a very small chance a Boss or enemy will drop a Legendary (orange) item. Thus, it can take a very long time to get them to drop the desired item. It is also possible to get some of these items from other enemies in the game. Additionally, there are certain bosses you cannot fight until you have completed the game (Terramorphous and Vermivorous the Invincible).
- Hammer Buster - McNally, The Dust (Mission: The Bane)
- KerBlaster - Midge-mong, Southern Shelf
- Madhous! - Mad Dog, Lynchwood
- Shredifier - Bonehead 2.0, Arid Nexus
- Veruc (Slag) - Mobley, The Dust
- Gub - Laney, The Fridge
- Gunerang - Rakk Man, The Fridge
- Hornet - Knuckledragger, Southern Shelf
- Infinity (Caustic) - Doc Mercy, Southpaw Steam & Power (Side Mission: Medical Mystery)
- Logan's Gun - Wilhelm, Snowblind Defile (Mission: A Train To Catch)
- Maggie - Mick Zafod, The Dust (side with Hodunks)
- Thunderball Fists - Captain Flynt, Southern Shelf
- Unkempt Harold - Savage Lee, Three Horns
- Badaboom - King Mong, Eridium Blight
- Bunny - Chubby enemies
- Mongol - Dukino's Mom, Lynchwood
- Norfleet - Vermivorous the Invincible, Tundra Express and Caustic Caverns
- Nukem - Black Queen, The Dust
- Pyrophobia - Incinerator Clayton, Frostburn Canyon (Mission: Cult Following - The Enkindling)
- Conferance Call (Fire) - The Warrior, Hero's Pass
- Deliverance - Tumba, Wildlife Preserve
- Flakker - The Warrior, Hero's Pass
- Sledge's Shotgun - Smash Head, The Fridge
- Striker - Old Slappy, The Highlands - Outwash
- Invader - Saturn, Arid Nexus - Badlands (Mission: Data Mining)
- Longbow - Badass Creeper, Caustic Cavern
- Lyuda (Slag/Shock) - Gettle, The Dust
- Pitchfork (Fire/Slag/Caustic) - Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
- Skullmasher - Son Of Mothrakk, Wildlife Preserve
- Volcano - The Warrior, Hero's Pass
- Baby Maker - Madame Von Bartlesby, Tundra Express (Side Mission: You Are Cordially Invited - Party Prep) / Mad Dog, Lynchwood
- Bitch - BNK3R, The Bunker (Mission: Where Angels Fear To Tread)
- Emperor - The Assassins, Southpaw Steam & Power
- Hellfire - Scorch, Frostburn Canyon / The Warrior, Hero's Pass
- Slagga - Hodunk, The Dust
- Black Hole - Foreman, Opportunity
- Fabled Tortoise - Blue, Caustic Caverns
- Hide Of Terramorphous - Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
- Impaler - The Warrior, Hero's Pass
- Neogenator - Spycho, Frostburn Canyon
- The Bee - Hunter Hellquist, Arid Nexus - Badlands
- The Cradle - Henry, Overlook (Side Mission: Best Mother's Day Ever)
- The Sham - BNK3R, The Bunker (Mission: Where Angels Fear To Tread)
- The Transformer - Pimon, Wildlife Preserve
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Chubby enemies
- Bonus Package - Boom Bewm, Southern Shelf
- Bouncing Bonnie - Loot Midgets
- Fastball - Boll, Three Horns
- Fire Bee - Unknown
- Leech (Fire/Shock/Caustic) - The Warrior, Hero's Pass
- Nasty Surprise - Vermivorous the Invincible, Tundra Express and Caustic Caverns
- Pandemic - Badass Constructor
- Quasar - Ultimate Badass Varkid
- Rolling Thunder - Wilhelm, Snowblind Defile (Mission: A Train To Catch)
- Storm Front - Rat Brothers, Bloodshot Stronghold
- Legendary (Siren/Commando/Gunzerker/Assassin) - Vermivorous the Invincible, Tundra Express and Caustic Caverns
- Slayer Of Terramorphous (Siren/Commando/Assassin/Gunzerker) - Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
- Blood Of Terramorphous - Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
Have a saved game file from the original Borderlands on your hard drive to unlock the Veteran skins for all four characters using the option found under the "Extras" menu.Moxxi weapons
If you keep tipping Moxxi large amounts of money in Sanctuary (over $10,000), she will eventually give you a weapon. Try to tip after she stops talking. Once you get a weapon from her, you can fast travel to another area and then back to Sanctuary. Keep tipping her again to get another weapon. She only gives two types of weapons -- a fire elemental submachine gun and corrosive elemental submachine gun, but they should always have different stats. -From: Psychotic ElfCarrying an extra item in inventory
This trick requires two class mods. Once your inventory is full, switch your currently equipped class mod for another one in your inventory (you can then re-equip your original class mod after you have done this). Then, exit the inventory menu to be able to now pick up one additional item, allowing you to have up to 28 items in your inventory instead of the normal maximum of 27.Good loot farming chest
In the Vault Of The Warrior, you will reach a bridge to walk over the lava (there is a lava fall to the right of the bridge) shortly after entering the area. Jump down the lava hole to the left of the bridge. Once you go down the hole, move forward to find a small cove with a red loot chest on the right. The loot chest contains good items. Once you grab the items, select the "Save and Quit" option to have the chest refill. Repeat this as many times as desired.
To easily get Badass tokens early in the game, use the following methods:
Dueling: Defeat players 50 times while dueling to complete this challenge and get 166 total Badass points. To easily do this, have two players unequip any mods and shield from their character. Then, initiate a duel by having one player melee the other player. Take turns defeating each other until both players have 50 duel wins each.
Reviving: Revive a downed player 50 times to complete this challenge and get 166 total Badass points. To do easily do this, have two players that can kill themselves. Find or purchase a Tediore weapon. These weapons are thrown and explode when reloaded. Unequip any mods and shield from your character. Then, stand in a corner, shoot the Tediore gun once, and reload. You will throw the gun into the corner and hurt your character when it blows up. Once you go down, have the other player revive you. Then, have the other player do the same thing with their character. Repeat this until both players have 50 revives each.
Selling: Sell items 50 times to complete this challenge and get 166 total Badass points. To easily do this, go to any vending machine and sell an item, then buy it back for the same price you sold it, and then sell it again. Repeat this until you have completed the "Wholesale" challenge.
Trading: Trade with another player 50 times to complete this challenge and get 166 total Badass points. To easily do this, have two players keep activating a trade with each other by pressing B while standing next to each other. Trades count whether you actually trade anything or not. Simply activate "Trade" without actually offering anything to still have it count as a trade. Do this 50 times to complete the "Psst, Hey Buddy..." challenge.
To summon the secret Dexiduous The Invincible Boss, you will need 99 Eridium shards and to have successfully completed all the main story missions in the "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" downloadable content. Then, deposit between 20-25 Eridium shards in the four totems scattered around Hunter's Grotto. Look for a totem with a black furnace full of purple Eridium at its base. The totems are located in the following areas in Hunter's Grotto:
Totem 1: It is in the far southern corner of the Grotto, in the slightly more narrow passage with lots of native wall paintings.
Totem 2: Travel west to a tribal camp on a high cliff overlooking the water. It is in the center of the western section of the Grotto.
Totem 3: It is east of the large gap in the map where the first totem was located. Cross over to the eastern section across the gap, and look for a camp in the center with elevator access. Use the elevator, and you will exit out to another camp with the totem out in the open.
Totem 4: It is directly north of the third totem. Travel up to the cliff and jump off, and you will be able to see it near the water and another small cluster of buildings below.
Once you have lit all four totems, travel to the center of the northern section of Hunter's Grotto. Look for a new totem with four lit torches. Pull the lever when you are ready to fight him. Dexiduous The Invincible spawns in the center of a large plain, with only a single rock to mark its location. You will first fight a few waves of enemies, and then Dexiduous The Invincible will appear. Note: If you leave the game or area, you will lose any spent Eridium, and must complete every step to summon Dexiduous again.Hidden QR code
If you look on Mad Moxxi's pizza boxes, there is a QR code. When you scan the code, it says: "Wise man say, forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza. -Captain Picard."
When you begin the battle with The Warrior, let him immediately kill you. You will then spawn behind a shielded barrier protecting The Warrior. Climb up on the rocks to the left to get above the shielded barrier, allowing you to shoot The Warrior from a distance without him harming you. Note: After defeating The Warrior, leave the area, and return to the area for him to respawn.
In Caustic Caverns, go to the far eastern area of the map. Once you find the unique Crystalisk monster named Blue, run north across the corrosive green waters to the small island with a lone tree out in the distance. You must be at a high enough level to make it across, as you will take a lot of damage while running across the water. If you are using Salvador (the Gunzerker), you can activate his Gunzerk ability to gain health. On the island, you will find a bonfire. Sitting nearby is a Knight named Solitaire, a reference to the Knight Solaire in Dark Souls. You can also find a phantom spirit.
Dr. Tannis, the Dahl Corporation scientist, could be found riding a fish while a dramatic soundtrack played in Treacher's Landing in the original Borderlands by shooting five barrels in a specific order. This can also be done in Borderlands 2. Fast travel to Sawtooth Cauldron. Go forward, and jump off the cliff to reach Sawtooth Stilts. Then, turn left, and go through Smoking Guano Grotto. You will eventually reach the Main Street Reservoir area. Continue until you are at the very edge of the map, on a beach overlooking the reservoir. Scattered around the beach are five colored barrels. Shoot them in the following order to activate the Easter Egg:
- Blue barrel: Next to the arid plant-life near the water.
- Red barrel: Turn around to face the huts; the barrel is at the left hut.
- Green barrel: Turn around again, and look out at the reservoir. Move closer to the edge of the water, and look out at one of the small islands.
- Yellow barrel: On the left, behind a wooden barricade.
- Purple barrel: On the right, near a pile of tires.
Once you reach Sanctuary Hole after Chapter 9 (it can be accessed from the northeast area of the map in Three Horns Divide), you will find a cliff that drops off into a huge hole on your right behind a building close to the end of the town you go through immediately after entering Sanctuary Hole. It does not look like you can drop off the edge, but there is an area you can drop onto. Drop down to this area to reach the entrance to Caustic Caverns. You can also reach the entrance to Caustic Caverns by progressing through Sanctuary Hole normally. Once you enter Caustic Caverns, go to the "Guardian Ruins" at the northwest corner of the map. Find the mine carts on the train tracks, and turn right just before you reach the huge door at the end of the train tracks. Then, go straight, jump over the two cube blocks, and immediately turn left to enter a cave with a bunch of Minecraft blocks. Keep smashing the blocks to enter a secret Minecraft area. There are Minecraft style enemies in this area. You can fine a special Minecraft head and skin for your character by defeating the enemies and smashing the blocks in this area. There is a different head and skin dropped in this area for each character. The enemies also drop rare loot. If you do not get the desired head and skin for a character and/or do not like the loot you got, you can choose to "Save and Quit", and then continue your game to get different loot in this area.
Whenever you open a box in The Dust, there is a small chance you will get this special Easter Egg. Inside the box, you will find a gun called "Neutralizing Gwen" and a female skull. Just as it is opened, Handsome Jack will exclaim; "What's in the box? What's in the box?" In Se7en, at the climax of the film, there is a famous scene where Brad Pitt yells, "What's in the box?' when he is faced with a mysterious package. The gun's name, "Neutralizing Gwen" is a reference to the actress Gwyneth Paltrow who plays Brad Pitt's girlfriend.
Once you reach Sanctuary, talk to Dr. Tannis in the Crimson Raiders HQ to unlock the "Splinter Group" Level 14 side-quest. The description of the mission reads: "Patricia Tannis has hired you to find and kill four dangerous mutated escapees from the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. They're hiding out in Bloodshot Stronghold, but be careful; they are well-armed, and color-coordinated." If the mission is not available, try completing some more story missions, and keep checking back after completing each one until you are given the mission. To gain access to their Sewer hideout, you must pretend to be a pizza deliveryman. Use the intercom, and the sewer grate will open. After jumping down, you will enter the Rat's Nest. Interact with the table ahead to place a pizza to attract the mutants. Once they reveal themselves, you will see their referential names: Lee, Dan, Mick, and Ralph. They are indeed color-coordinated, have shells on their backs, and use the same weapons as their corresponding turtle. Additionally, after turning the mission in, the mission debrief says "References!" This entire mission is a reference to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, who are four talking turtles that starred in their own series of comics, movies, and cartoons. Each has their own ninja weapon, are color-coordinated, and named after classical Italian painters.
You can also fight an enemy named Flinter by proceeding through the Rat's Nest in Bloodshot Stronghold. Once you reach an area with multiple objects that you can interact with, you must interact with each item a certain number of times in a specific order. Turn the wheel two times, press the button on the TV three times, pull the switch on the ground three times, and then pull the lever on the wall to the right of the switch on the ground three times. After a few seconds, Flinter will appear. He will drop some rare loot once he has been defeated. Flinter is a reference to Splinter from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He was the four turtles martial arts teacher.
To unlock this special event, you must first travel to the starting area in the game; Claptrap's Place. Inside Claptrap's Place, pick up the special hidden item in his fireplace. You must then travel to a special enemy called Geary on the volcano in Eridium Blight. You cannot fast travel to reach Geary or die on your way to him. You must follow a specific path to reach him; you can use vehicles. To reach Geary with the special item, starting from the fireplace where you obtained it, go to each area in the following order: Claptrap's Place, Southern Shelf, Three Horns – Divide, Three Horns – Valley, The Dust, and Eridium Blight. You must then go to the volcano in the north-west area of the map. Travel up the volcano using the ramps to jump over the lava flow to reach Geary. Once you find Geary partially up the volcano, do not attack him. Geary is a psycho bandit that will die with one hit, but will also drop rare purple head items. Thus, you can keep returning and killing Geary to farm rare heads for the characters, as he will always respawn in the same area, even if you do not follow these specific steps to reach him. Let Geary hit you once, but only once. If he hits you more than once, this special event will reset, and you must start over from the beginning. Additionally, Nova/Spike shields will kill Geary and reset this special event. After Geary attacks, he will jump off the cliff into the lava. Then, three Rakks will fly over near you and drop three loot chests. One of the chests will always contain purple loot. You can repeat this special event as many times as desired. This side mission is a reference to The Lord Of The Rings series of books by J.R. Tolkien, in which a hero takes a secret ring from a fireplace and travels to a volcano to dispose of it —- until it is stolen by a psychopath who falls into the lava anyway. The heroes are then rescued by three birds from the erupting volcano.
To get a side mission with a lot of Top Gun references in it, talk to Loggins at Ellie's Garage in The Dust. Loggins is a reference to Kenny Loggins, the musician who recorded the song "Danger Zone", which was the main theme in the Top Gun movie. In the side mission, Loggins wants revenge against his former flight squad of auto-gyro pilots. Top Gun is all about Air Force pilots. To take revenge, you will need to burn down the squad's volleyball court with a fire-element weapon. In the movie, there is a famous scene in which the pilots play volleyball to Kenny Loggins’ "Playing With The Boys" song. To reach the area with the volleyball court, you will need to jump off a huge rock to arrive in Goose's Roost. Goose is best friends with Tom Cruise's character in the film.A Game Of Thrones references ("Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep" DLC)
Start the "Winter Is A Bloody Business" quest, which requires you defeat an evil prince named "Jeffrey", who is a reference to Joffrey. There will be a couple of guards in a throne room that resembles the one in King's Landing. The two guards are named "Canine" and "Molehill", a reference to the Hound And The Mountain.Dark Souls references ("Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep" DLC)
The "Lost Souls" side quest contains several references to Dark Souls. An undead hero named "Crestfallen Player" is waiting near a bonfire and states he has died "eighty times" and another player keeps invading his game and stealing his souls. Once the souls are retrieved, a glowing red knight named "-=n00b_killer=-" will appear. Kill him, and the Crestfallen Player will say that "-=n00b_killer=-" repeatedly backstabbed him while he drank from his flask. Once the side quest is over, he says "It can be hard out here on Pandora. You'd better hold onto your humanity as best you can."Easy "Build Buster" achievement
There is a Constructor that always spawns in the Hyperion base in The Highlands. Fight your way through this area until you reach a bridge. During your first playthrough, the Constructor that spawns will be around Level 20. The higher your own level, the easier it will be to destroy it quickly. Shoot the Constructor with a rocket launcher, and throw some grenades at it. If you are using Salvador (the Gunzerker), activate the Gunzerk ability with two rocket launchers equipped to destroy it very quickly. You can make the Constructor respawn by leaving and re-entering The Highlands area, or quitting to the main menu and then continuing.Easy "Definitely An Italian Plumber" achievement
Once you reach Eridium Blight and are at a high enough level to handle the enemies, go to the southwest corner of the map near the exit to Hero's Pass (you will pass through a Hyperion gate on the way). Immediately after going through the Hyperion gate, veer off the road to the right, and go up the hill. There will be a lot of Bullymongs and Rakts in this area. Kill them all, and there is a chance that a rare Mong named Donkey Mong will randomly appear. He is a difficult Level 28 enemy that throws barrels. If he does not appear, simply choose to "Save and Quit", and try again until he appears. Once he appears, kill him to get the "Definitely An Italian Plumber" achievement. Note: There is also a chance for another rare Mong to appear named King Mong. He is Level 27 and also difficult to defeat. Both Donkey Mong and King Mong drop good loot. Donkey Mong is a reference to Nintendo's Donkey Kong.Easy "Feels Like The First Time" achievement
In Arid Nexus - Badlands, go to the northeast area on the map to find Fyrestone. This is the place where the original Borderlands started. Look for a red building in the desert. Get on top of that building to find a red chest. Open the chest to get some good loot and the "Feels Like The First Time" achievement.
Low level Goliaths can be found in the Frostburn Canyon area. A good place to find them is at the Blisterpus Camp in the north center area of the map in Frostburn Canyon. You will discover this area automatically by following the story missions. Use the Fast Travel station to quickly reach this area. A Goliath is a humanoid looking enemy with a white, burning mask. They spawn randomly, but there is a good chance to find a bunch of them in Frostburn Canyon -- even if you have already completed this area. To make enemies respawn, you can either leave the area and re-enter it, or quit to the main menu and then choose to continue. Shoot off the Goliath's mask, and he will enter rage mode. You must now protect him so that he can kill enemies. Killing enemies is what gives him XP and makes him level up. Kill the strong enemies that would cause him a lot of harm, and weaken the small ones so he can get easy kills. Once the Goliath reaches the rank of "Fatal God-Liath" (displayed below his health bar), kill him to get the "Goliath, Meet David" achievement. Note: It is recommended you do not attempt this until you at least reach Level 15.
You can only unlock this achievement with the Gunzerker class. You must Gunzerk continuously for 90 seconds to get the "So Much Blood!" achievement. To do this, max out "Filled To The Brim", "Lasts Longer", and "Yippee Ki Yay" in the Gunzerker's Rampage skill tree. It also really helps if you have a class mod that increases any of those three skills. Then, find an area with lots of enemies to kill. A good place to try this at is the Bandit's Circle Of Slaughter in The Fridge at Fink's Slaughter Factory. It is recommended you try this once you can easily kill the enemies in this area. All the Bandits in Round 1 are human, so try using fire-based elemental weapons. A quick regenerating shield also helps a lot since you will not have much time to run and hide for a recharge. You must keep getting kills quickly to build and keep your Gunzerker charge. If you are near the end of the round and do not think you will get the achievement, choose to "Save and Quit", and then continue to try again. If you complete Round 1, you will not be able to play it again unless you enter someone else's game.
Another good area to get the "So Much Blood!" achievement at that has a lot of low level enemies is in Frostburn Canyon at the Blisterpus Camp in the north center area of the map. Kill as many enemies as possible in the starting area, then move into the cave with the Spiderants.
Once you have $10,000 or more, go to Moxxi at the bar in Sanctuary. Put $10,000 in her tip jar to get the "Sugar Daddy" achievement. Then, quit the game without saving by signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system. When you continue your saved game, you will still have all the money you tipped Moxxi.Easy "Thresher Thrashed" achievement
Terramorphous is an enemy that you have to kill during a side mission called "You. Will. Die. (Seriously.)". This missions becomes available after competing the game for the first time. Talk to Tannis in the Crimson Raiders HQ (Sanctuary) to start the quest. Then, travel to Thousand Cuts to enter Terramorphous Peak. Entering this area costs four Eridium. Before starting the fight with Terramorphous, it is recommended you are at Level 50 with all SDU's from the black market purchased to carry more ammunition. It helps to have a high Badass rank and some good Level 50 equipment. Try this in Normal mode, and not in Vault Hunter mode. It is much easier to do this in a four player Co-Op game because if you die in solo mode, Terramorphous' health will completely be refilled. It is recommended if you do this in solo mode that you use a Level 50 Gunzerker with two rocket launchers equipped while in Gunzerk mode. Shotguns and slag weapons are also very helpful, especially slag grenades. Since Terramorphous deals heavy damage, you will probably go down a few times. Kill one of the tentacles while in Last Stand mode to automatically get revived. When he comes out of the ground, quickly throw a bunch of slag grenades, and attack him with your strongest weapons. His weak spots are shown as yellow glowing dots. Attack them for critical hits. Jump around a lot to dodge incoming attacks from other tentacles. When you stay behind Terramorphous, he will not be able to attack you. Always walk in big circles around him while keeping some distance. Defeat him to get the "Thresher Thrashed" achievement, along with some really good loot, including the legendary (orange) "Slayer Of Terramorphous Class Mod".Easy "Token Gesture" achievement
Use the "Easy Badass tokens" cheat to quickly get the "Token Gesture" achievement.Easy "Tribute To A Vault Hunter" achievement
Once you reach Sanctuary, you can find Michael Mamaril hanging around some of the town's major landmarks. He can be found inside the Crimson Raider's HQ and near the News Stand, Claptrap's Corner, Zed's Clinic, and other random locations around the city. Once you find him, talk to him, and take the weapon he offers to get the "Tribute To A Vault Hunter" achievement. You can only get one weapon per visit, but he will reappear after story missions. Try to keep finding him around Sanctuary to get more rewards from him.Easy "Well That Was Easy" achievement
In Thousand Cuts, go to the northwest area on the map to find a crazy bandit named Face McShooty (he should appear as "!" on the map) pacing around near the edge of a cliff asking you to shoot him in the face. Accept the "Shoot This Guy In The Face" mission from him, and then shoot him in the face to get the "Well That Was Easy" achievement. The commentary from the bandit is also probably a reference to the "In the face" line from The Hangover movie.
In The Highlands, go to the industrial complex in the southwest area of the map. The entrance is to the north of the "Highlands - Outwash" map exit. There is also a Catch-A-Ride station infront of the camp, and turrets at the top of the entrance. From there, go straight until you reach a cliff, then go right and up and around the building. Proceed straight until you reach another cliff after going over a bridge. Before going over the bridge, you must fight a Constructor enemy. At the edge of the cliff, look down, and you should see a tent. Get near the tent, and move around it to trigger a double rainbow and get the "What Does It Mean?" achievement along with some funny commentary by either Claptrap or Jack. This achievement is a reference to the Double Rainbow viral YouTube video. -From: deathmule
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Enter one of the following codes under your SHiFT account at Gearbox Software to unlock the corresponding bonus. Note: Some codes will expire over time or number of redemptions. The Golden Keys are obtained from the SHiFT Code Kiosk in Concordia. You can use a Golden Key to open the chest found in the town square near Springs' shop and Moxxi's bar to get up to four level appropriate weapons or shields each time it is opened. Additionally, we will continue adding new codes, and removing codes that we become aware do not work any longer. The newest codes will appear at the top of the list.
- 3 Golden Keys: C55BT-RKTB9-5CXJR-WFJTB-RTWCK (Expires: Unknown)
- 3 Golden Keys: WCKT3-5WB39-CKFBR-KFTJT-JKXTR (Expires: Unknown)
- 3 Golden Keys: CKC3T-JCJBZ-5W6TF-5RJJ3-9R9KT (Expires: Unknown)
- 3 Golden Keys: 5WKTB-SJ3TH-55RJX-W6333-5B99Z (Expires: Unknown)
- 3 Golden Keys: 5CC3J-6WCR6-F563R-KFJ3J-J95RK (Expires: Unknown)
- 3 Golden Keys: KCK3B-6JXF6-5KX3F-WXB3J-SZJFH (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: KW53T-999JJ-6SHJX-5RJTB-BSSTK (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: WW5BB-RHSTJ-FZS3R-CXTJB-939XF (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: 55C3B-CZ9BJ-RZ9JR-56JBJ-3RJTF (Expires: Unknown)
- 5 Golden Keys: 5W533-B5ZHX-5WR3R-5XJJ3-KXTWH (Expires: Unknown)
- 25 Golden Keys: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC (Expires: Unknown)
This glitch requires that you are online with another player in the game. Have the desired weapon or item equipped that you wish to duplicate. Enter the inventory screen, and turn Badass Rank off and then on again to force an autosave. Trade the desired weapon or item, or drop it on the ground. Then, exit out of the game without selecting the "Save and Quit" option by either signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system. Start the game again, and load the autosave. The other player will still have the traded or dropped weapon while your lost item will be restored with the autosave.
To duplicate weapons and items in split-screen, create a new profile. Load the game with your regular profile, and go to a location that does not autosave (non-travel areas). Have the second profile character join the game in split-screen, and drop the weapons and/or items you want to duplicate with your main profile character. Have the second profile character pick up all the weapons and/or items. Enter the inventory screen, and turn Badass Rank off and then on again to force an autosave. Then, have the second profile character drop all the weapons and/or items back on the ground. Have the first player/main profile grab all the weapons and/or items. Next, exit out of the game with the second profile character by signing out of their profile so their inventory is not saved. Then, go back into the game with the second profile character, and they will still have all the weapons and/or items in their inventory.Infinite legendary weapons and create any legendary weapon
After completing the "A New Direction" story mission, fast travel to Concordia, and go to Janey Springs' business office. She will explain to you that putting Moonstones into the Grinder will make better weapons. Fast travel to Serenity's Waste, and use the "Secret Iwajira boss" trick to find and farm the secret Iwajira boss for Moonstones, purple weapons, and the "Kiwk-Smart Thingy" legendary weapon. Obtain a lot of Moonstones and purple weapons, and at least one "Kiwk-Smart Thingy" legendary weapon. Then, use the "Duplicating weapons and items" glitch to duplicate as many purple and "Kiwk-Smart Thingy" legendary weapons as desired, and return to Concordia. To do this glitch using split-screen, activate the second controller, and sign into another profile (if you do not have one, create a new profile). When the profile is logged in, pause the game with the first controller, then press A with the second controller. You will now be in split-screen in Concordia. Take both characters to the Grinder machine. To do this glitch online, use the "Duplicating weapons and items" glitch. Put two "Kiwk-Smart Thingy" weapons and one purple weapon in the Grinder to create a new legendary weapon. The type of purple weapon determines what type of legendary weapon you will create. For example, if you put a purple shotgun into the Grinder, you will get a legendary shotgun. When the legendary weapon comes out of the machine, make sure to have the second profile character/controller pick it up. After you have created as many legendary weapons as desired from the Grinder (online players have the host quit to the dashboard), press the Xbox (middle) button on the first controller, and sign out of your profile to autosave the second profile with all the legendary weapons in their inventory. Then, just enter the game again with the second controller profile, and drop all the weapons for your main character. Note: You will not lose any Moonstones or weapons when you sign out of your profile or exit to the dashboard.
Fast travel to Triton Flats, then follow the left path once you leave the building and are outside. When the path splits, continue left. Shortly afterwards, you will see a green jump pad on the right. Use it to reach the area to travel to Stanton's Liver. Once you are in Stanton's Liver, go left and jump off the cliff edge. Proceed along the rocky cliff edge to the left of the grey bridge. Jump over two large gaps to reach the Excalibastard weapon that is stuck in a stone. To obtain the Excalibastard weapon, you must have a Badass Rank of 2,500. Badass Rank can be obtained by completing challenges. You can view your Badass Rank at the menu screen to the far right.
Fast travel to Serenity's Waste. Leave the Janey Spring's building, and continue straight outside. There will be a small cliff on the right shortly after going outside that you can jump up on. Continue to the right towards the large building up the hill. Jump onto the rocks to the left of the large building, then jump onto the left sloped ledge of the building. At the end of the ledge, jump down to the narrow rocky ledge below. Go forward to reach a lava-fall. While on the ledge with the lava-fall below, use your jet to jump across the lava-fall to land on the small platform on the opposite side. Enter the lava cave, and proceed forward to reach a hole in the cave floor that leads to the "Pyroclast Grotto" area, with the secret Iwajira boss inside. He is a Level 30 Kraggon that is very hard to defeat alone unless your character is at least Level 29. Kill him to get a massive amount of loot, including Moonstones. You can also obtain purple weapons and the "Kiwk-Smart Thingy" legendary weapons from him. To farm Iwajira, pause the game, and select "Save and Quit". Once you are back at the main menu, select "Continue", then return to Iwajira and kill him again.
First, you must grab two letters that are hidden on the map that will spell "Dick" on the side of the Scavs leader Nel's base. After completing the sign, it will make Nel very angry, and you will have the ability to fight him after killing all of his men. Go to Regolith Range, and climb up the two tallest buildings in the south area of the map. First, you must shoot the rock in front of one of the buildings to release the air to launch on top of the air duct. Then, proceed up the building by jumping on the air ducts on the back of the building. At the top of the building is the first letter. To get on to the tallest building in this area, you have to use the jump pad to the left of the building. This will launch you on top of a balcony where you can find a small building to the right. Jump onto the small building and onto the air duct, then jump over to a huge screw on the side of the building. From there, jump onto the ramp, and make your way up to find the last letter.
Proceed through the main missions until you get the "Let's Build A Robot Army" mission (Level 14). In this mission, you will be tasked with letting turrets kill 12 Scavs. Follow your waypoint until you get to a closed door, which is where the Scavs come out to be shot by the turrets. When the door opens, start ground slamming in front of the door to kill the enemies before the turrets can kill them. This will cause an infinite number of Scavs to come out of the door. When the turret kills get too high, pause the game, and select "Save and Quit". Once you are back at the main menu, select "Continue", then run back to the door to start farming again. If the turret gets the 12 kills, the mission will proceed, and you will not be able to farm this area any longer. This glitch works best with multiple players so you can have more people killing the Scavs to prevent the turrets from killing them.
After you have completed "The Beginning Of The End" final story mission, you can find Sterwin located in southern area of Vorago Solitude. Accept his mission to be given a special grenade that you are supposed to use to capture a Guardian Wraith alive. Follow Sterwin to the enemy location. Instead of capturing the enemy with the special grenade, kill it, and another Guardian Wraith will spawn. Keep killing the Guardian Wraith, and another one will spawn. To easily kill the Guardian Wraith each time, align yourself in front of the spawn area, and shoot it in the head with a good weapon to keep easily killing it. If your character is leveled up high enough and you use a sniper rifle, you can kill it with one shot in the head. Keep killing the enemies until you run out of ammo, then pause the game, and select "Save and Quit". Once you are back at the main menu, select "Continue", and repeat the process. Repeat this as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of XP, Moonstones, and loot.Easy XP
During the "A New Direction" main mission early in the game, you can farm easy XP from the final boss "RedBelly" by quickly saving and quitting at the right time. RedBelly has two phases during the battle; the second phase begins when his helmet comes off. Once this happens, make sure not to kill the helmet. Focus only on RedBelly. The easiest way to kill RedBelly is to get him to chase you back to the venting machines. RedBelly will not leave his area -- so he will not enter the room. You can then shoot him from a safe distance. Once Belly is defeated, Jack will say "Who the hell were those weirdos? Oh whatever, I'm friggin' over it -- just turn off the signal!" When he finishes saying that, pause the game, and select the "Save and Quit" option. Once you are back at the main menu, select "Continue", run back to RedBelly, and kill him again. To save some time, you can jump over the garage by jumping on the lamppost, then jumping on the garage. When you are on the garage, jump on the sign, then leap over the wall, and proceed to RedBelly's location. Repeat this process as many times as desired. Use this trick to quickly reach Level 14. Note: If you do not select "Save and Quit" at the right time, the mission will proceed, and you will not be able to farm RedBelly again until later in the game.
Play through the main missions until you reach the "Titan Industry Factory" mission. When you enter the Titan Industry Factory, walk down the stairs, and wait for the "Tork Swarming" enemies to attack you. Get as many Torks around you as possible, then jump in the air, and ground smash to instantly kill all the enemies around and get a lot of XP. Once you have killed all of the Torks, pause the game, and select "Save and Quit". Once you are back at the main menu, select "Continue" to spawn back at the top of the stairs. Repeat this process as many times as desired. You can quickly go from Level 14 to Level 17 using this trick, as well as get some Moonstones from the enemies.Quick reloading
Throw your weapon on the ground, then immediately pick it back up to instantly reload it.2001: A Space Odyssey Easter Egg
Fast travel to Triton Flats, then follow the left path once you leave the building and are outside. When the path splits, continue left. Shortly afterwards, you will see a green jump pad on the right. Use it to reach the area to travel to Stanton's Liver. Once you are in Stanton's Liver, go left and jump off the cliff edge. Cross the grey bridge, and continue straight until you cannot go straight any longer. Then, go right and continue straight until you cannot go straight any longer. Turn right to see a cave straight ahead. Enter the cave to enter an area called "The Ventricles". Follow the path to the left. Towards the end of the path, there will be a hidden cave to the left above some large rocks. Enter that cave, and follow the path to reach "Higgins' Gully". There will be a tall purple monolith straight ahead. It is shaped like the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Enter the purple monolith to teleport through a psychedelic tunnel to a secret area that is similar to the prehistoric area featured at the start of 2001: A Space Odyssey. There is another tall purple monolith in the area below. Enter it to teleport to a small purple room, similar to the end of the movie. There is also a hidden chest in the room. When you leave the room, there will be a short cutscene that references another scene from the movie. Note: The monolith will no longer teleport you after it is used.
Fast travel to Tycho's Ribs (unlocked later in the game). When you spawn, run through the two doors, then go left to see a hovering platform in front of you. Run pass the hovering platform, and jump down to the area below. When you land, there will be two entrances to your left; take the entrance furthest from you. Make your way through the U-shaped area until you see a new set of hovering platforms. Use the hovering platform in front you to reach the platform to the left of you by riding the platform up and jumping off it before you are killed. Ride the platform on the left to the top to warp to a secret area that is similar to the Mario Bros. series. There will be waves of enemies that come out of the pipes. If you defeat all the waves of enemies, you will be rewarded with three chests.
Enter Moxxi's bar in Concordia, and go to the far right side of the bar. There is a teddy bear in a chair at the end of the bar, wearing Master Chief's helmet from the Halo series. Press X to spin the bar chair to get some money.NBA Jam reference
The title of the "Boomshakalaka" side mission in Outlands Canyon itself is a reference to a line of commentary sometimes made by the announcer in the NBA Jam series after a huge slam dunk. During the mission, you can slam dunk while "on fire," similarly as done in the NBA Jam games.Ned Kelly reference
RedBelly's suit of armor is similar to that used by historical Australian outlaw Ned Kelly. Additionally, RedBelly is the name of a venomous Australian snake.Pink Floyd reference
In Triton Flats, you can find several prisms with light shooting out of them as well as a group known as the Darksiders. This is a reference to Pink Floyd and their album, "Dark Side Of The Moon".Se7en reference
Fast travel to Titan Robot Production Plant, then turn right and enter Titan Industrial Factory. When you spawn, proceed straight and slightly to the right until you cannot go straight any longer to reach a door in "Titan Industrial Facility - Nexus". Enter the door, and go up the stairs to reach Gladstone's office. There is a lockbox on the console in his office. Open the box to find a head inside and a gun called "Twin Gwen's Other Head", which can fire two shots at once. This is a reference to the movie Se7en. The gun name is also a reference to Borderlands 2, where they had the same type of reference to the movie Se7en.Space Jam reference
The follow-up side mission to the "Boomshakalaka" mission is called "Space Slam," which is a play on the title of the 1996 movie Space Jam.The Fifth Element reference
A legendary weapon named the "ZX-1" is a rare drop from one of the enemies on the moon. Its description reads "Replay!" This is a reference to the "ZF-1" weapon in The Fifth Element movie, which allowed its shooter to designate a target that every shot would follow to hit in the exact same location."Waltzing Matilda" reference
The "Jolley Swagman" side mission is based on the Australian folk song, "Waltzing Matilda".Skins and heads
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding skin or head to customize your character's appearance. Use the kiosk outside of Moxxi's Bar in Concordia to apply the changes.
- Bounty Hunter: Successfully complete "The Voyage Of Captain Chef" optional side mission in Triton Flats.
- Bubblegunner: Successfully complete the Level 5 "Death From Above" challenge.
- Champion Of Eleseer: Successfully complete "The Beginning Of The End" mission on the Normal difficulty.
- Eagle's Shroud: Successfully complete the "Cleanliness Uprising" optional side mission in the Hyperion Hub Of Heroism, from R-0513.
- Fortfied: Random drop from The Boson in Pity's Fall.
- Gynoid Agent: Random prize from the Vending Machine.
- Herald Of The Eridian Night: Successfully complete "The Bestest Story Ever Told" mission.
- Life Support: Random drop from RedBelly.
- Tech Ninja: Random prize from the Vending Machine.
- Champion Of Eleseer: Successfully complete "The Beginning Of The End" mission on the Normal difficulty.
- CMDO-TP: Legendary drop from The Bosun in Pity's Fall.
- EMPR-TP: Random drop from Ascended Zarpedon.
- H4Z-TP: Successfully complete the "Cleanliness Uprising" optional side mission in the Hyperion Hub Of Heroism, from R-0513.
- Herald Of The Eridian Night: Successfully complete "The Bestest Story Ever Told" mission.
- P4K-TP: Successfully complete the Level 5 "Death From Above" challenge.
- TRSH-TP: Random drop from RedBelly.
- V4C-TP: Successfully complete "The Voyage Of Captain Chef" optional side mission in Triton Flats.
- WR4P-TP: Random drop from The Bosun in Pity's Fall.
- ...And Jill: Successfully complete the "Cleanliness Uprising" optional side mission in the Hyperion Hub Of Heroism, from R-0513.
- A Dull Boy: Random drop from The Bosun in Pity's Fall.
- Frost: Successfully complete the Level 5 "Death From Above" challenge.
- Hit The Road: Random drop from RedBelly.
- Of All Trades: Successfully complete "The Beginning Of The End" mission on the Normal difficulty.
- One-Eyed: Successfully compete "The Voyage Of Captain Chef" optional side mission in Triton Flats.
- Bandita Brave: Random prize from the Vending Machine.
- Champion Of Eleseer: Successfully complete "The Beginning Of The End" mission on the Normal difficulty.
- Final Frontier: Successfully complete "The Voyage Of Captain Chef" optional side mission in Triton Flats.
- Herald Of The Eridian Night: Successfully complete "The Bestest Story Ever Told" mission.
- Hothead: Random drop from The Bosun in Pity's Fall.
- Lady Danger: Successfully complete the "Cleanliness Uprising" optional side mission in the Hyperion Hub Of Heroism, from R-0513.
- Undertaker: Successfully complete the Level 5 "Death From Above" challenge.
- Unfriendly Skies: Random drop from RedBelly.
- Voodoo Doll: Random drop from Ascended Zarpedon.
- Admirable Admiral: Random drop from RedBelly.
- Cyber Scientist: Random drop from The Bosun in Pity's Fall.
- Hacker: Successfully complete "The Voyage Of Captain Chef" optional side mission in Triton Flats.
- Herald Of The Eridian Night: Successfully complete "The Bestest Story Ever Told" mission.
- Lunar Knight: Random prize from the Vending Machine.
- Shock Trooper: Successfully complete the Level 5 "Death From Above" challenge.
- Space Pirate: Successfully complete the "Cleanliness Uprising" optional side mission in the Hyperion Hub Of Heroism, from R-0513.
- Void Rocker: Random drop from Ascended Zarpedon.
Successfully complete one of the following optional side-missions to get a skin as a reward: "Boomshakalaka", "Dahl Combat Training" (end of round 4), "Fresh Air", "Grinders", "Last Requests", "The Don", and "Trouble With Space Hurps".
Either heads or skins
Both skins and heads can be obtained as chest loot or randomly dropped from enemies. The more difficult the enemy, the higher the chance.
Participate in one of the following challenges to get a random skin or a head as a reward. You will get them at Level 3 or the final level of the challenge, depending on its difficulty.
- Death From Above - Level 5
- Master Chef - Level 3
- Slayer Of Titans - Level 3
- Space Dead - Level 3
- Crash And Burn - Level 3
- More Where That Came From - Level 3
- Some Like It Hot - Level 5
- Scrounging Around - Level 3
- The Happiest Color - Level 5
Money and Trading
- Over The Moon - Level 3
Health and Recovery
- There Can Only Be...Me - Level 5
- Up Unt At Zem - Level 5
- Home Nade Cookin' - Level 3
- Big Mirv - Level 3
- Ammo Eater - Level 5
- Nova Say Die - Level 3
- Get A Rocket Up Ya - Level 3
- Missile Magnet - Level 5
- Penetrating Wound - Level 5
- Sharpshooter - Level 3
- Assault With A Deadly Weapon - Level 3
- Crouch Potato - Level 5
- Pew Pew - Level 3
- Battlestar - Level 5
- Nice Spray Job - Level 3
- Boomstick Boogie - Level 3
- Gunslinger - Level 5
- Trigger Happy - Level 3
- Martial Marshal - Level 3
- Barrel Of Laughs - Level 3
- Projectile Proliferation - Level 5
- Throw Me The Money - Level 5
The rarity of the ingredients used in the Grinder will determine the rarity of the produced weapon or gear:
- Three white pieces of gear of same class: Green piece of gear of the same class
- Three green pieces of gear: One piece of blue gear
- Three blue pieces of gear: One piece of purple gear
- Two orange weapons + one purple weapon: One orange gun
Combine the following ingredients to obtain the corresponding weapon type. The level of weapons you add to the Grinder are important. The newly created weapon will usually have the average of the weapon levels which were used to make it. Using three weapons from the same manufacturer usually results in a weapon made by a different manufacturer.
- Assault rifle: Two assault rifles + one laser gun
- Assault rifle: Two assault rifles + one pistol
- Assault rifle: Two assault rifles + one shotgun
- Assault rifle: One SMG + one auto pistol + one assault rifle
- Pistol: Assault + laser + sniper
- Rocket launcher: Auto pistol + assault rifle + grenade
- Rocket launcher: Two assault rifles + one grenade
- Rocket launcher: Two shotguns + one grenade
- Rocket launcher: Two sniper rifles + one grenade
- Shotgun: SMG + auto pistol + assault rifle
- Shotgun: Shield + SMG + pistol
- SMG: Assault rifle + pistol + shield
- SMG: Laser rifle + assault rifle + pistol
- Sniper rifle: Shotgun + assault rifle + shield
- Sniper rifle: Shotgun + sniper rifle + shield
To get better results with the Grinder, use Moonstone in it to get bonuses:
- Boominator: Increases grenade damage.
- Fast Learner: Bonus experience points from kills.
- Harden Up: Improves maximum shields.
- Oxygenator: Damaging enemies restores oxygen.
- Piercing Rounds: Grants a chance to ignore enemy shields.
- Punisher: Raises critical hit damage.
- Safeguard: Restores some of your shields upon every kill.
- Serenity: Reduces oxygen consumption rate.
When creating high end weapons, the lowest weapon added to the Grinder will determine the level of the crafted weapon. Add Moonstone to get the Luneshine enhancement.
Legendary weapon of specific type: Two legendary weapons + purple weapon of specific type. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting purple rarity.
Purple weapon of specific type: Three blue weapons of specific type. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting blue rarity.
Random purple weapon: Three random blue weapons. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting blue rarity.
Blue weapon of specific type: Two green weapons of specific type + one green weapon. If you do not add Moonstones, you will have a chance of getting green rarity.
Random blue weapon: Three random green weapons. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting green rarity.
Green weapon of specific type: Two white weapons of specific type + one white weapon. If you do not add Moonstones, you will have a chance of getting white rarity.
Random green weapon: Three white weapons. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting white rarity.
The following rules are used to create high end class mods, grenade mods, oz kits, and shields:
Purple item: Two blue items of specific type + one blue item. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting blue rarity.
Blue item: Two green items of specific type + one green item. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting green rarity.
Green item: Two white items of specific type + one white item. If you do not add Moonstone, you will have a chance of getting white rarity.
Shoot the indicated critical locations and use effects that they are not immune against to defeat them more easily:
|Boss||Level||Critical location||Immune vs.|
|Flameknuckle||2||Fuel Tank and Cockpit||Cryo and Incendiary|
|Deadlift||4||Head and Backpack||Cryo|
|RedBelly||8||Leg and Head||None|
|Colonel T. Zarpedon||26||Headlight and Head||Incendiary and Cryo|
|RK5||29||Cockpit, Turrets, Missile Pods||Cryo|
|The Empyrean Sentinel||28||None||None|
Successfully complete the indicated pre-requisite missions to unlock the corresponding side mission:
|All The Little Creatures||Systems Jammed||9|
|An Urgent Message||Home Sweet Home||18|
|Another Pickle||Treasures Of ECHO Madre||15|
|Boarding Party||Home Sweet Home||18|
|Boomshakalaka||A New Direction||12|
|Bunch Of Ice Holes||A New Direction||11|
|Cleanliness Uprising||Science And Violence||18|
|Don't Get Cocky||Trouble With Space Hurps||23|
|Don't Shoot The Messenger||Eye To Eye and start The Beginning Of The End||26|
|Eradicate!||Trouble With Space Hurps||23|
|Follow Your Heart||Land Among The Stars||3|
|Fresh Air||Science And Violence||20|
|Grinders||A New Direction||11|
|Guardian Hunter||The Beginning Of The End||29|
|Home Delivery||Treasures Of ECHO Madre||11|
|Hot Head||Home Sweet Home||18|
|In Perfect Hibernation||Quarantine: Back On Schedule||29|
|Infinite Loop||Science And Violence||20|
|It Ain't Rocket Surgery||Science And Violence||20|
|Kill Meg||Paint Job||18|
|Lab 19||Science And Violence||20|
|Land Among The Stars||Lost Legion Invasion||3|
|Last Requests||Lost Legion Invasion||4|
|Lock And Load||To The Moon||23|
|No Such Thing As A Free Launch||Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion||12|
|Nothing Is Never An Option||Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion||15|
|Nova? No Problem!||Marooned||4|
|Paint Job||An Urgent Message||18|
|Picking Up The Pieces||Eye To Eye||20|
|Pop Racing||A New Direction||11|
|Quarantine: Back On Schedule||Watch Your Step||23|
|Quarantine: Infestation||Quarantine: Back On Schedule||23|
|Recruitment Drive||All The Little Creatures||11|
|Red, Then Dead||Watch Your Step||23|
|Rough Love||Treasures Of ECHO Madre||11|
|Sterwin Forever||Guardian Hunter||29|
|Sub–Level 13 - Part 1||Let's Build A Robot Army||18|
|Sub–Level 13 - Part 2||Sub–Level 13 - Part 1||18|
|Tales From Elpis||Lost Legion Invasion||3|
|The Bestest Story Ever Told||The Beginning Of The End||28|
|The Don||Eye To Eye||24|
|The Empty Billabong||Systems Jammed||7|
|The Return Of Captain Chef||The Voyage Of Captain Chef and start The Beginning Of The End||27|
|The Secret Chamber||Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion||12|
|The Voyage Of Captain Chef||Let's Build A Robot Army||19|
|These Are The Bots||Eye To Eye||24|
|Things That Go Boom||Watch Your Step||23|
|To Arms!||A New Direction||11|
|To The Moon||Science And Violence||23|
|Treasures Of ECHO Madre||Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion||15|
|Trouble With Space Hurps||In Perfect Hibernation||23|
|Voice Over||Home Sweet Home||18|
|Wherefore Art Thou?||Systems Jammed||7|
|Wiping The Slate||Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion||13|
|Z8N–TP||Eye To Eye and start The Beginning Of The End||26|
|Zapped 1.0||A New Direction||11|
|Zapped 2.0||Zapped 1.0||11|
|Zapped 3.0||Zapped 2.0||11|
The following locations can be found within the indicated area:
- Celestial Beltway
- Ozless Harbor
- Pyroclast Grotto (hidden)
- The Grabba
- Vertigo Bridge
- The Causeway
- Diemen's Crater
- So Much Serenity
- Guttersnipe's Pass
- Chunder's Hole
- The Teapot
- Flinder's Needle
- Frozen Gulch
- Banjo Point
- The Pale
- Split Fire Pass
- The Diaphragm
- Brandman's Quarry
- Lunar Junction
- The Ventricles
- Higgins' Gully (hidden)
Helios Space Station
- Helios Supply Center
- Eye Of Helios (The Long Way Around)
- Moonshot Delivery System
- The Re-Remembered Cave
- Rabid Adams' Treasure Trove
- The Crater Of Misplaced Enthusiasm
- Research Facility
- The Court Of Dreams
- Bogan's Warren
- Fingersmith Halls
- Processing Plant
- Outlands Spur
- Pumping Station
- Height's Perch Camp
- Cave Canem
- East Pumping Station
- Solitude's Edge
- Solitude Junction
- Dead Drop
- Deadlift's Bastion Of Bounce
- Moon Zoomy Run
- Dahl Waystation
- Kraggon Pass
- Black Market
- Springs' Emporium O'Stuff
- Moxxi's Up Over
- Nina's Jab N Go
- Entry Control
- Power Substation
- Comms Facility
The Merrif's Office
- Sheriff & Mayor Together At Last
- Engine Room
- Briefing Room
- Hangar Bay
- Crew Quarters
- Starboard Ascent
- Core Systems
- Drakensburg Gangway
- Suspension Bridge
- Command Center
- AI Hub
Titan Industrial Facility
- Stingray Factory Main Hall
- Titan Industrial Facility Nexus
- Staingary Factory Apron
- Stingary Factory Atrium
Titan Robot Production Plant
- Power Control
- Assembly Hanger
- Testing Facility
- Transit Area
- Locomotion Assembly
- Unit Embarkation
Hyperion Hub Of Heroism
- The Road To Research
- World Of Shopping
- Helios Immigration Station
- Central Terminal
- Hall Of Wonders
- Helios Access Tunnel #27 B
- Jack's Office
- Hyperion Customer Service
Research & Development
- Stalker Biome
- Robotics Durability And Adaptability
- Indigenous Species Research
- Advanced Propulsion Weapon Training
- Observation Room 11-B
- Aquatic Life Stabilization Area
- Aquatic Observation Area
- De Quidt Synaptic Processing
Veins Of Helios
- Central Maintenance
Lunar Launching Station
- Power Core Alpha
- Power Core Beta
- Helios Targeting Centrum
- Moonshot Supply Depot
- Observation Deck
- Compression Chamber
- Maintenance Access 42
- Treasure Room
- Particle Collection Chamber
- Very Large Cannon
- Exhaust Port
Class mod equipment will improve your character as indicated:
- Blademaster: Melee damage and critical damage
- Bloodthirster: Melee damage and health regeneration
- Cannoness: Shotgun fire rate and reload
- Celestial Gladiator: Fire rate, maximum health, and skill bonuses
- Defender: Shield capacity
- Dominater: Fire rate
- Dragon: Burn damage
- Eridian Vanquisher: Elemental effect chance, air control, Maximum health, and skill bonuses
- Femme Fatale: SMG magazine size and damage
- Gladiatrix: Maximum health and reload speed
- Protector: Team cooldown rate
- Storm: Electrocution damage
- Brotrap: Team health regeneration, maximum health
- Celestial Fragtrap: Cooldown rate, critical damage, and skills
- Eridian Vanquisher: Elemental effect chance, air control, maximum health, and skill bonuses
- Factory Second: Reload speed and fire rate
- Loose Cannon: Pistol fire rate and damage
- Madtrap: Gun damage and penalty to shield capacity
- Overclocker: Cooldown rate
- Piñata: Team ammo regeneration and maximum health
- Roboninja: Melee damage and melee resistance
- Short Circuit: Electrocution chance and electrocution damage
- Sapper: Explosive damage and explosive resistance
- Tanktrap: Maximum health and shield recharge delay
- Bounty Hunter: Shield recharge delay
- Celestial Lawbringer: Cooldown rate and skills
- Cowgirl: Pistol magazine size and pistol maximum ammo
- Crapshooter: Critical damage
- Desperado: Cooldown rate and pistol damage
- Eridian Vanquisher: Elemental effect chance, air control, maximum health, and skill bonuses
- Law Enforcer: Melee damage
- Rustler: Sniper rifle damage, assault rifle accuracy
- Sheriff: Maximum health and gun damage
- Six-Shooter: Jakobs gun damage
- The Kid: Shotgun damage and fire rate
- The Lone Star: Melee damage and gun damage
- Blaster: Laser fire rate and laser accuracy
- Celestial Enforcer: Shield capacity, gun damage, and skills
- Equalizer: Fire rate and magazine size
- Eridian Vanquisher: Elemental effect chance, air control, maximum health, and skill bonuses
- Fighter: Cooldown rate
- Golem: Maximum health and regeneration
- Howitzer: Explosive damage and critical damage
- Mauler: Shotgun damage and shotgun accuracy
- Mech: Team shield recharge rate and team shield recharge delay
- Obliterator: Maximum health and melee damage
- Scorcher: Incendiary damage
- Terminater: Shield capacity and magazine size
The following abilities can be obtained on weapon attachments:
- Bayonet: Increases melee damage
- Boominator: Increases grenade damage
- Fast Learner: Bonus experience from kills
- Foregrip: Increases stability
- Harden Up: Improves maximum shields
- Higher Bullet Speed: Faster bullets to improve long-range performance
- Higher Damage: Increases base damage of weapon
- Improved Accuracy: Increases accuracy of weapon
- Increased Magazine Size: Holds more bullets
- Oxygenator: Damaging enemies will restore oxygen
- Piercing Rounds: Chance to penetrate enemy shields
- Punisher: Increases critical hit damage
- Reload Speed: Lowers the time required to reload
- Safeguard: Restores some shield capacity with each kill
- Serenity: Reduces oxygen consumption rate
- Wild: Creates a wider spray of bullets
The following abilities can be found on grenades:
- MIRV: Splits into multiple smaller grenades
- Springy Sheila: Hops around while firing projectiles
- Area of Effect: Damages enemies that remain near the explosion over time
- Singularity: Pulls targets into the detonation point
- Transfusion: Spawns smaller grenades that seek out enemies to damage and transfers health to your character
The following abilities can be found on shields:
- Absorption: Chance to absorb bullets and add them to your inventory
- Adaptive: Adapts to damage taken, increasing elemental resistance to that element as well as your maximum health
- Amplify: When fully charged, it causes your next shot to do increased damage at the expense of some shield capacity
- Booster: May spawn packs of shield energy when damaged that that can be picked up to restore your capacity
- Maylay: Improves melee damage after shield capacity is gone
- Nova: Explodes when your shield capacity is gone, dealing elemental damage to nearby targets
- Spike: Damages enemies that use melee attacks against you
- Turtle: Decreases health capacity for higher shield capacity
The following binary code appears during the credits: "010010110100010101000101010001010010000001000100010010010100011101000111010010010100111001000111". It translates to "KEEP DIGGING".
A QR code can be found above Moxxi's stash. It opens a Google search for "Ghosts From Home".Buff cocktails
Enter Moxxi's Bar in Concordia. Go to the counter to see some drinks that are lined together. Each of them will provide a temporary buff to your character. They cost 10 Moonstones, but can be useful before a Boss battle.Special lockbox
Go to the main elevator in Concordia, on the same path used to find The Meriff. Look up just before entering the elevator to find a special lockbox in the elevator's framework.Spawning special creatures in Veins Of Helios
Successfully complete the "Don't Get Cocky" mission, then go to the top left corner of the map. Use the jump pads to reach the small ledge that has a turret and electronic systems. Start the mission from the computers, call in a drone, then use the turret to shoot down as many of the Dahl fighters, meteors, and debris as possible. Scoring very will will spawn special creatures all over the map.Suicidal Neil Parsec
Return to Triton Falls after the "No Such Things As A Free Lunch" mission. Go towards the fast travel point, then continue to the Darksiders' tower. Get to the top of the tower, then go to the balcony located on the south side to find Neil Parsec ready to jump off.Freeing Benjamin Blue
Enter the research room on the lower left side of Research & Development. Free the creature named Benjamin Blue from its cage to get a reward.Hyperion business listing
Go to the first main passage in Hyperion Hub Of Heroism. Walk downstairs to the open square, then follow the path north from there. While on that path, examine the signs that are placed on the sides. One of them lists all the local businesses in Hyperion.Easy "360 No Scope" achievement
To easily get the "360 No Scope" achievement, use a jump pad. You can find jump pads throughout the game. Increase the in-game controller sensitivity to spin faster. While doing a 360 spin on any jump pad, use your boost to slow down, and then aim at an enemy and kill them with a sniper rifle without using the scope. While playing as Nisha, use the Action Skill Slowdown (auto aim) to do this more easily.Easy "Moxxi's Sampler" achievement
Have at least 80 Moonstones in your inventory. Purchase all eight Moxxtails in the Up Over bar in Concordia to get the "Moxxi's Sampler" achievement. Then, exit out of the game without selecting the "Save and Quit" option by either signing out of your profile, going to the dashboard, or resetting the system. When you start the game again, you will still have the 80 Moonstones you spent on the Moxxtails.Easy "Pancake Parlor" achievement
You acquire the Stingray during a main mission in Triton Flats. While driving the Stingray, search for some low level enemies. Once two or three are gathered around you, press LB to lift the Stingray into the air, then press RB to perform a Ground Slam on them to get the "Pancake Parlor" achievement.Easy "Super Secret Stash" achievement
The mission to open Zarpedon's chest is in Pitys Fall and is named "The Secret Chamber". It becomes available after defeating Bosun during the "Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion" storyline mission (Chapter 5). You must find three Echos to open the door to Zarpedon's chest.Easy "Who Needs Air?" achievement
Purchase the Health Regen Drink from Moxxi's Bar in Concordia for 10 Moonstones to get 30 minutes of health regeneration. Then, go to any location without oxygen, and wait five minutes to get the "Who Needs Air?" achievement. You can also get the achievement using health regenerating class mods, a co-op partner reviving with oxygen, and playing as Wilhelm while using the Actionskill. Note: You cannot get this achievement while playing as Claptrap since he does not suffocate.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Side Quest Student (15 points): Completed 30 side missions.
- Moon Mission Meister (25 points): Completed all of the side missions.
- Grind 'n' Bear It (15 points): Used the Grinder to create an item.
- The Bigger They Are (50 points): Defeated the Invincible Empyrean Sentinel.
- Mouth To Mouth (15 points): Revived 10 players with oxygen.
- Air Supremacy (25 points): Killed 100 enemies with Wolf.
- No, I'm Athena! (25 points): Killed 100 enemies with the Aspis.
- That Helped, Right? (25 points): Experienced all Vault Hunter Modes using Vault Hunter.EXE.
- Executioner (25 points): Killed 10 enemies in a single activation of Showdown.
- That Tasted Purple! (20 points): Had Purple-rated gear or better equipped in every slot.
- Challenger (20 points): Completed level 1 of all challenges with a single character.
- Space Rookie (5 points): Reached level 5.
- Lunar Lieutenant (10 points): Reached level 10.
- Moon Master (15 points): Reached level 25.
- Space Lord (25 points): Reached level 50.
- Moxxi's Sampler (10 points): Tried all the Moxxtails in the Up Over bar in Concordia.
- Lunar Looter (20 points): Looted 10 Moonstone Chests.
- I Come From The Land Up Over (20 points): Discovered all named locations in Serenity's Waste, Triton Flats and Stanton's Liver.
- Beam Me Up (20 points): Discovered all named locations aboard the Helios Space Station.
- Eridian Explorer (20 points): Discovered all named locations in Outlands Canyon, Outlands Spur and Vorago Solitude.
- Cosmic Completionist (30 points): Discovered all named locations.
- High Fashion (15 points): Unlocked 10 Customization Items.
- The Duelist (10 points): Won a duel.
- Collateral Damage (20 points): Had a Lost Legion Eternal kill 3 of his friends.
- 360 No Scope (20 points): While airborne, spun 360 degrees then got a kill with a Sniper Rifle without using the scope.
- Expensive Taste (30 points): Used the Grinder to create a Legendary item.
- Ice To Meet You (20 points): Shattered 3 frozen enemies with a single slam attack.
- Elementalist (20 points): Had an enemy frozen, corroded, ignited, and electrocuted at the same time.
- Pancake Parlor (20 points): Pancaked an enemy in the Stingray.
- Who Needs Air? (20 points): Suffocated for 5 continuous minutes without dying.
- Smash the System (40 points): Completed all 5 rounds of The Holodome.
- Stronger! Smarter! (40 points): Completed the Badass Round of The Holodome.
- I Welcome Your Attack, Fool (45 points): Completed the Badass Round without going into Fight For Your Life.
Additionally, there are 20 secret achievements:
- Invaders Must Die (10 points): Completed the mission "Lost Legion Invasion".
- Welcome To The Rock (15 points): Completed the mission "Marooned".
- Dejamminated (15 points): Completed the mission "Systems Jammed".
- I Shot The Meriff (15 points): Completed the mission "A New Direction".
- Drakensburg, Schmakensburg (20 points): Completed the mission "Intelligences Of The Artificial Persuasion".
- Who Constructs The Constructor? (20 points): Completed the mission "Let's Build A Robot Army".
- Helios Rising (20 points): Completed the mission "Home Sweet Home".
- Brain Drain (20 points): Completed the mission "Science And Violence".
- The Guts Of Helios (25 points): Completed the mission "Watch Your Step".
- A House Divided (25 points): Completed the mission "Eye To Eye".
- Vault Hunter Superior (25 points): Defeated the Opha Superior.
- Multi Face-eted (50 points): Defeated the Empyrean Sentinel.
- Once More With Feeling (15 points): Completed the mission "Return of Captain Chef".
- Do Shoot the Messenger (10 points): Delivered Zarpedon's message.
- The Gun In The Stone (20 points): Removed Excalibastard from the stone.
- Who You Gonna Call? (15 points): Completed the "Sub-Level 13" missions with 3 other players.
- Guardian Guardian (15 points): Saved the Guardians from the Scav Poachers.
- Modern Fart (15 points): Completed the mission "To Arms".
- Rocketeer (20 points): Launched 4 rockets from Elpis.
- Super Secret Stash (20 points): Opened Zarpedon's Chest.
The following achievement requires the "Claptastic Voyage" bonus downloadable content:
- No Photographs, Please! (30 points): Kill 10 SpyBugs before they take your photo.
Additionally, there are nine secret achievements with the "Claptastic Voyage" bonus downloadable content:
- Digitize Me! (15 points): Digitize into Claptrap's Brain.
- Smash and Not Grab (15 points): Destroy the Tassiter Proxy.
- Totally Recalled (15 points): Successfully recover the Override Key.
- Shadow Play (15 points): Give the H-Source to Jack.
- Shadow of Your Former Self (25 points): Defeat 5H4D0W-TP.
- Wheely Fast (50 points): Outrun the Wheel in the Temple of Boom.
- Sociopathic Networker (15 points): Talk to all of Claptrap's Holographic Projections.
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving (50 points): Experience all 9 Game Modes and all 9 Modifiers of the Mutator.
- It's Raining Cats and Hotdogs (15 points): Complete a round using the Mutator.