Successfully complete the indicated tasks to unlock secret masks. Note: The secret masks are also displayed downstairs on a wall at the Base Of Operations.
Ghoul mask: Defeat the secret Hunter boss to get the special Ghoul mask. To unlock the secret Hunter boss fight, first go to the following location in West Potomac Park. Interact with the "MB3" laptop found in the sewer tunnel at the SHD mission to activate the map above the laptop. There is also an SHD Tech Cache in this area. After activating the map, an "X" will appear on the map with a crescent moon symbol above it. Go to the "X" location shown on the map. The location is east of the Lincoln Memorial. Shoot the lightbulb hanging from the platform in the reflecting pool to spawn a secret armored Level 35 Hunter boss. Defeat the boss to get the Ghoul mask. Note: This can only be done at night.
Wraith mask: Go to the following location in the far southeast of the map, just to the right of the Safehouse. There will be a memorial wall with lots of veteran names on it. First, shoot the light that is illuminating the names on the wall. Then, face the wall and select the "Salute" emote approximately six times (if anyone else is with you, they may need to salute as well) to spawn a Level 35 Hunter boss. Defeat the boss to get the Wraith mask. Note: This can only be done at night.
Crimson mask: Go to the following location in Downtown East (northeast of the map), next to the Stronghold. Stand in the middle of the courtyard, and enter each of the two open office buildings. There is a laptop you can interact with on the desk in each building. Interact with both computers to spawn a Level 35 Hunter boss in the courtyard. Defeat the boss to get the Crimson mask. Note: This can only be done at night.
Cross, Death, Diamond, and Phantom masks: Go to a park in the East Mall at the following location. Locate the hidden switch next to the coffee machine in The Pavilion Cafe. Activate the switch, then run around the Christmas tree in the middle of the park a few times to spawn three Level 35 Hunter bosses. Defeat all three Hunter bosses to get the Cross, Death, and Diamond masks. There is a fourth Level 35 Hunter boss that spawns just east of the park, at the following location. Defeat this Hunter boss to get the Phantom mask. Note: This can only be done at night.
Demon mask: Go to the following location in Downtown East (northeast of the map), just to the right of the Control Point. Enter the large glass atrium by going down the escalator and wrapping around to some stairs you ascend to reach the area. There will be four small black and white targets in four windows to the west. Shoot them from top to bottom to spawn a Level 35 Hunter boss. Defeat the boss to get the Demon mask. Note: This can be done during the daytime.
Travel to Foggy Bottom (west area of the map). Follow the road directly west of the safe house to find a point-of-interest. Travel up the road and enter the open doorway to find a ladder leading to the sewers underground, at the following location. Enter the sewers and look for a woman in a bunker. Talk to her, and she will send you to a nearby observatory, where you will unlock a bonus mission. Successfully complete this mission to unlock a WW2 uniform. The uniform can be found in the apparel menu, under the full-body outfit option. Note: If you get lost in the observatory, go upstairs and interact with the painting to reveal a secret passage.Easy loot and money
This trick allows you to collect a lot of loot daily that you can either keep (rarely), or sell/deconstruct for parts. As you progress through the story, complete every Control Point. Note: Control Points become harder at Level 30, after finishing the story. As you capture Control Points, you will unlock Supply Rooms, which contain multiple chests. There is one weapon and one piece of gear in every supply room. There are 2-4 Control Points in every region of the map, which you can fast travel to. The Supply Rooms will resupply every 24 hours (real time). Fast travel to as many Supply Rooms as desired and collect the loot. Then, repeat the process after the Supply Rooms resupply in 24 hours.Unlocking and joining clans
To unlock the Clan menu at your base, successfully complete two Theater Settlement main story missions. Then, return to the Theater Settlement and talk to Larson to recruit her. She will then be sent back to your main base at the White House. You can fast travel back to the White House to talk to her, or access the Clan tab from the main menu. The menu unlocks after she has been recruited. To join a clan, access the Clan menu from the main menu. Select "Options", "Search Clans", enter the name of the clan you want to join, and apply. You can get special rewards like items and cosmetics for joining a clan.Easy "Dark Zone: Blackout Hijack" achievement
Go to the daily Occupied Dark Zone (red dagger icon). Each day one of the three possible Dark Zones will be occupied -- this randomly changes every calendar day (not in-game day). During an extraction at an extraction point, a robot dog with a purple health bar can spawn (approximately 30% chance). Destroy it to cause an EMP Blackout and prevent players in the area from using skills. After another player has attached their loot to the helicopter, cut the rope to get the "Dark Zone: Blackout Hijack" achievement. To easily get this achievement, invite another player that is willing to help. Kill enemies in the Occupied Dark Zone until they find contaminated gear. During the extraction, kill the robot dog together. Then, have the other player leave the group, attach their loot, and you cut the rope. This method allows you to not have to wait for random players to extract their gear. If the robot dog does not spawn, let the helicopter leave, and then immediately call for an extraction again. Repeat this until the robot dog spawns. You can also lure a robot dog from another enemy group to reduce the randomness.Easy "Negative Ramos!" achievement
A good place to get the "Negative Ramos!" achievement early is in the "American History Museum" main mission on the Story difficulty. During the "Reach the archive room" objective, a medic with a purple health bar will spawn. Medics have a "+" sign above their health bar. They carry a defibrillator on their backs. While a medic revives a dead enemy, shoot his backpack to make the defibrillator explode, thus shocking the medic. It only works while the medic is in the process of reviving an enemy. You will be fighting a lot of medics throughout the game, and this achievement will most likely come naturally.Easy "Resourceful Agent" achievement
Fast travel to "The Theater Settlement". Run around the streets (outside settlement) once, and look for a group of friendlies that has "En Route to Gather" above their heads when you aim at them. If you cannot find anyone, fast travel back to "The Theater" and run around the settlement again. Repeat this until you find a group that is on their way to gather something. Then, follow them to their destination. Wait for them to enter the location. One of the looters will have the option to press a button prompt. This will give them materials and unlock the "Resourceful Agent" achievement. You can also encounter groups of friendly gatherers randomly while exploring the world. By following them from the settlement, it is less random. If you cannot find anyone around the settlement, just keep playing normally and watch for friendlies running across the streets. Aim at them to check their status. If it says "En Route to Gather," follow them.Easy "TV Cop" achievement
Simply run towards the hood of a car and hold B to slide over it and get the "TV Cop" achievement.Easy "Undressed To Kill" achievement
Tanks are heavily armored enemies. They are the biggest enemies in the game. They have armor around every body part. Shoot off the armor around the arms, legs, upper body, and head. This is best done in solo play. While playing with others, they may kill the tank before shooting off all the armor. After one piece of armor is destroyed, focus on the next armor part. Do not shoot unprotected body parts, as it will result in the tank dying before you can shoot off all armor. Fully automatic weapons (machine guns, assault rifles, SMGs) work best for this. An easy place to do this is in the "American History Museum" main mission on the Story difficulty. During the "Defeat True Sons reinforcements" objective, you will encounter one tank that shoots grenades at you. While playing solo, first take out all other enemies. Then, dodge his grenades until he needs to reload. Get really close to him so you can aim precisely and shoot a body part with a fully automatic weapon. Dodge his next grenades until he needs to reload again and repeat. Be careful to only hit armor, never any unprotected parts. If you defeated him but missed an armor part, kill yourself with a grenade to restart the checkpoint.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Hard as Nails (100 points): Finish all missions on hard difficulty or above.
- Rebuilding DC (30 points): Fully upgrade all settlements.
- Undressed to Kill (35 points): Destroy every piece of a tank's armor, then eliminate the tank.
- Command and Control (30 points): Discover 20 control points in DC.
- Group Therapy (20 points): Take over a control point in a group without anyone being downed.
- A Friend in Need (20 points): Respond to a call for help and revive the agent.
- Help Me! (10 points): Put out a call for backup.
- Suits You, Sir! (20 points): Collect any suit of cards in the open world.
- TV Cop (5 points): Perform a slide across the hood of a car.
- Negative Ramos! (10 points): Shock enemy medics by shooting their defibrillator.
- Patchwork (10 points): Get 10 patches from commendations.
- Resourceful Agent (20 points): Help friendlies in resource gathering.
- Dark Zone: Extraction (20 points): Extract an item from each dark zone.
- First Among Equals (10 points): Win a match of skirmish or domination.
- Clan War (15 points): With your clan, face off against another clan in conflict.
- Big Game Hunter (20 points): Complete a bounty from each safe house.
- Autograph Hunter (30 points): Kill one enemy with each of the signature weapons (crossbow, sniper rifle & grenade launcher).
- Arrow to the Knee (20 points): Shoot 10 enemies in the leg with a crossbow.
- Next Level Operative (30 points): Reach Level 30.
- Strength in Numbers (20 points): Create or join a clan.
- Crafty Collector (20 points): Collect 20 blueprints.
- Taste of the Exotic (50 points): Craft an exotic weapon or item.
- Specialized (30 points): Equip your first specialization.
- Best of the Best (40 points): Invest in each type of upgrade available for a specialization.
- Dark Zone: Takedown (20 points): Eliminate a disavowed agent in each dark zone.
- For Posterity (10 points): Photo mode: take a photo of a group of 4 agents.
- Project Management (20 points): Complete a project for both the Theater and Campus settlements.
- King of the Skill (25 points): Equip and use each skill.
- Dress to Impress (20 points): Equip high-end gear (or above) in each slot.
- Dark Zone: Blackout Hijack (20 points): Hijack an extraction in any dark zone during a blackout.
Additionally, there are 12 secret achievements:
- Checking In (10 points): Rescue Eleanor Sawyer from the Hyenas in the Grand Washington Hotel.
- Opening the Vault (10 points): Discover what the Hyenas stole from Air Force One.
- Bunker Buster (10 points): Recover essential SHD Network equipment from the Federal Emergency Bunker.
- Sick Note (20 points): Shut down Outcast activity at the DCD Headquarters.
- Jailbreak (20 points): Recover interrogation data from the American History Museum.
- Global Communications (20 points): Reestablish the SHD Satellite Network at the Space Administration HQ.
- Getting the Word Out (20 points): Seize control of the ViewPoint Museum from the True Sons.
- Season Ticket (20 points): Eliminate the Hyena council in the District Union Arena.
- Strategic Extraction (20 points): Capture the Outcasts' Chief Strategist at the Potomac Event Center.
- Into the Wilderness (40 points): Take down the Outcast stronghold on Roosevelt Island.
- State of the Union (50 points): Drive the True Sons out of the Capitol building.
- Dark Zone: Safe House (30 points): Access a hidden safe room in a dark zone.