Reach a checkpoint, then drop the items you want to duplicate onto the ground near where the checkpoint was triggered. Next, die nearby. After dying, you will see a respawn counter. Load the checkpoint before the counter finishes. You will reappear at the checkpoint. The items dropped at the checkpoint will be there on the ground, and those items will also be in your inventory. Pick up the duplicated items, and repeat the process as many times as desired.
Equip the weapon you want to duplicate from your inventory, then hold [Aim], and press [Throw] to throw the weapon. When the weapon is in mid-air, immediately enter the inventory screen. Unequipped the weapon you threw, exit the inventory screen, and pick up the weapon you threw. Go back into your inventory to see the weapon has been duplicated. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
When you first enter Halai Village in Chapter 3, you can talk to Houston on the first floor of the trader's building to activate the "Kill The Pain" side quest. Then, every time you give Houston painkillers, you will get XP and money. He will stay in Halai, even while the survivor party moves inland and towards Henderson. Use the "Duplicating items and weapons" cheat to duplicate as many painkillers as desired. Give them to Houston for easy XP and money.
You can sell blades to Miya for easy money and XP. Blades can be found, or purchased for $300 to $400 each. You can resell them to Miya for $1,200+ and 1,600+ XP per blade. To purchase blades, you must find a vendor that has blades in their inventory. Once you do find a vendor with blades in their inventory, buy as many as possible. If you run out of money, you can farm money by fast traveling to Henderson Ferry Station. At Henderson Ferry Station, there will be four lockers that always contain money. The amount of money in each locker ranges from $2,000 to $5,000. Collect the money, then fast travel to any location and back to Henderson Ferry Station for the money to respawn. However, do not farm money for too long because the vendor's inventory changes regularly. To farm blades, go to Marik's Marina. When you spawn, go left, and you will see large compound. Go to the back of the compound. Use the ladder, then go across the roof and into the fenced area. Kill all the zombies, then go into the house, and there will be three blades inside. After collecting the blades, fast travel to a different location and back or go to a Dead Zone for the blades to respawn. Once you have the desired number of blades, go to Miya. She can be found in the Flooded Jungle area of the map in the Mataka Village location. When you spawn in Mataka Village, obtain the closest boat, and go northwest of Tuluga Cave to find Miya. Successfully complete her mission to be able to turn in blades for money and XP. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
Note: This glitch requires that two side mission are activated. The first side mission is "Heavenly Gift". You will get this side mission after clearing out Paradise Survival Camp at the beginning of the game. You will meet Chimamanda after completing her mission. She will then ask you to bring back any canned foods that you find. The second side mission is "Kill The Pain". This mission does not require you to do anything but pick up painkillers. Once both of these missions are activated, proceed through the game until you get to a point in the main mission where you meet Dr. Kessler. He will give you some missions to complete. Once you have completed the missions, Biosphere Laboratory will become available for fast travel. This fast travel location is very important because when traveling to this place, all the items on the map will respawn, allowing you to farm any items you find. There are two locations that you can farm for canned foods and painkillers. The first location is Mataka Village. There are two canned foods and one painkiller. To the right when you spawn is the first canned food; it is on the table. The second canned food is in the house, on the end table. The painkiller is in the same house, on the back wall next to the skulls. Then, fast travel to Marik's Marina. This location has one canned food and one painkiller. They are both located in the house behind you when you spawn. Simply run to the right, and then go into the house. When you enter, the canned food will be on your right, on a box. The painkiller is behind the bar to the left. Be careful of the zombies that are at the bar; just run past them. Once you have picked up the items, go back to Biosphere Laboratory, and repeat the process as many times as desired. Once you have obtained the desired number of canned foods and painkillers, go to Halai Village, and return the cans to Chimamanda, then return the painkillers to Houston to get a lot of money and XP.
Go to Mataka Village, and wait there idle for five hours. Make sure you are using a wired controller or a wireless controller with a USB cord that plugs into the wireless controller so the controller does not automatically turn off. If the controller turns off, the time will not count. Once you have waited at least five hours, go to the fast travel map, and select Henderson Ferry Station. Once you spawn after the loading screen finishes, turn around, enter the fast travel map, and select Halai Village. Once the map loads, go to your right to find a metal case on the bottom shelf. Open the case to get a guarnateed orange legendary weapon. To get a guaranteed orange pistol, fast travel to Santa Maria Mission in Flooded Jungle. Once the map loads, there will be a set of double doors in front of you. Open the doors, and there will be a chest straight ahead, on the ground. Open the chest to get a legendary orange pistol. Repeat this process as many times as desired. Note: You cannot wait in a Dead Zone or cave -- it must be a fast travel location for this trick to work.
You can obtain the chainsaw at the beginning of the game. Go to the abandoned movie set. Once inside the movie set, go left and down the narrow hallway. Proceed through the door and into the back area where there is a table. Look to the left of the table to find a chainsaw. When your chainsaw runs out of fuel, go back to the movie set to get another chainsaw. It will respawn every time you enter the movie set.
Proceed through the main story missions until you have access to Henderson Ferry Station. Then, fast travel to Henderson Ferry Station. When you spawn, go southwest until you reach the quarantine area. Go up the stairs, and you will see a wooden sniper nest in the corner. Go up the ladder and onto the platform. Take a few steps back, then run and jump over the barbed wire fence on the left to reach the quarantine zone. There will be a lot of zombies you must first kill. Once they are all dead, go straight, and turn left. There is a LAW rocket launcher and some ammo for it on the second shelf on the left. The rocket launcher is a very powerful weapon that inflicts a lot of damage. There is also shotgun, rifle, and handgun ammo on the nearby shelves. To leave the quarantine zone, you must die or restart the last checkpoint. If you restart the last checkpoint and it spawns you back in the quarantine zone, reset the game. When you start the game again, you should be out of the quarantine zone and still have the rocket launcher. Once you are out of the quarantine zone, fast travel to any location to make the rocket launcher respawn. Repeat this process as many times as desired. Note: Make a backup of your saved game file before attempting this trick, just in case you get stuck in the quarantine zone.
Proceed through the main story missions until you have access to Palanai Military Outpost in Henderson. Enter the military base, and go to the fast travel map. There is a shotgun and two boxes of ammo on the table next to the tent with the fast travel map on it. Grab the shotgun and ammo, then enter the fast travel map, and fast travel to any location. Once you spawn in the new location, enter the fast travel map, and go back to Palanai Military Outpost. The shotgun and ammo will have respawned. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
Proceed through the main story missions until you have access to Pinai Ferry Station (approximately halfway through the game). Next to the station is a large billboard that says "Workshop" and has a truck on top of it. Climb the ladder behind the billboard to get into the back of the truck. There is a sniper rifle and some sniper ammo in the back of the truck. Grab the sniper rifle and ammo, then go back to the fast travel station, and fast travel to any location. Then, fast travel back to Pinai Ferry Station, and the sniper rifle will have respawned. Repeat the process as many times as desired.
Proceed through the main story missions until you have access to Henderson. Then, go to the north side just before crossing the bridge to the Military Base. There will be a ladder that takes you up to meet Damien, and the Deathstalker Mod will be behind him. The Deathstalker Mod adds toxicity to your weapon. There are a lot of weapons you can use it on. Most of the ingredients necessary to make the weapon are easy to find, except for the Stingray Tail. This item is incredibly rare to find -- so when you do find it, make sure to use the Deathstalker Mod on the best weapon you have available.
Successfully complete Miya's quests in Flooded Jungle to get the Hot Rod Mod. You can use the Hot Rod Mod to create the Hot Rod Machete. Use the best machete you can find when creating the Hot Rod Machete. It requires a few easy to find items to create. The rarest item needed for this mod is an LP4000 Battery, which you should eventually find while playing through the game. The Hot Rod Mod turns your blade red/yellow. The Hot Rod Machete does a lot of damage as well as additional fire damage, plus occasionally sets enemies on fire. Since the ingredients for the Hot Rod Machete are not that rare, you can keep creating new Hot Rod Machetes when you find better machetes.
Search the indicated locations to find all hidden Dead Zones. Each Dead Zone contains a special champion zombie with unique combinations of attributes. Completing a Dead Zone will earn you special rewards and extra loot.
James Nisira's Bungalow
- Champion: Killer
- Location: The Dead Zone enterance is near the Paradise Survival Camp, at the Oil Storage location where you can find Brian. The door is behind the gas pumps.
Halai Survivor's Camp
- Champion: Ogre
- Location: When you go to save Marcus, you will find Joe the butcher around that area. You cannot miss him, as he is part of the main mission.
Ocean View Bungalows
- Champion: Quickdeath
- Location: Search the southeast corner of Halai Village to find the Dead Zone entrance leading into one of the bungalows.
- Champion: Deathtrap
- Location: Go to the northern area of the map, and search the jungle path between the bridge and the helicopter crash site. The Dead Zone entrance is marked with zombies tied to posts.
Peter Spicer's Fort
- Champion: Undying
- Location: Go east from Tuluga Cave to find the Dead Zone entrance in Breri Outpost.
Olivier Wenge's Hideout
- Champion: Deathbone
- Location: After crossing the water northeast of Breri Outpost, the Dead Zone entrance can be found just right of Kingston's Shack, up a dirt path.
Frank O'Hara's Apartment
- Champion: The Scourge
- Location: The Dead Zone apartment door entrance is located north from the Old Town Cinema. You will pass near it while traveling through a dark flooded alley just after arriving in Henderson and crossing the bridge south.
Metzger Sloat's Hideout
- Champion: Skullcrusher
- Location: The Dead Zone entrance is just south of the cinema, one building down the block. You should find the blue door before reaching the church plaza.
Goffrey Nape's Warehouse
- Champion: Walking Carcass
- Location: Starting at the bridge leading into the military base, the Dead Zone entrance can be found in the northwestern section of Henderson. Travel down the alley while following the western coast. The entrance is located right next to Alex, an NPC you can rescue.
Dr. JJ Evan's Clinic
- Champion: Scar
- Location: Continue south from the "Goffrey Nape's Warehouse" Dead Zone, and follow the western coast of the city. The Dead Zone entrance is located south of Henderson Villa.
George Serero's Apartment
- Champion: Flesh Eater
- Location: Further south of Henderson Villa, search the building northwest of the Sea Market. If you stay on the western edge of the city while searching the south, you should find the blue entrance doors covered with a red tarp.
Joel Chubalba's Motel
- Champion: Black Heart
- Location: Further south, search the motel west of the Sea Market. The Dead Zone entrance door is right next to Sylvia's apartment.
Ogio Moke's Laundry
- Champion: Blindspot
- Location: The Dead Zone entrance door is just north of the bridge leading into Fort Henderson. The fort can be found in the southeastern corner of the map. Start from the bridge, and follow the east edge of the city as you move north. It is in the first building you reach.
Search the indicated locations to find all 10 diaries. Note: After finding a collectible, it will automatically be saved. You can still access all areas, side quests, and collectibles until you use the boat in Chapter 13.
Search the indicated locations to find all 17 guide books. Note: After finding a collectible, it will automatically be saved. You can still access all areas, side quests, and collectibles until you use the boat in Chapter 13.
Search the indicated locations to find all 15 postcards. Note: After finding a collectible, it will automatically be saved. You can still access all areas, side quests, and collectibles until you use the boat in Chapter 13.
Search the indicated locations to find all 9 secret files. Note: After finding a collectible, it will automatically be saved. You can still access all areas, side quests, and collectibles until you use the boat in Chapter 13.
Search the indicated locations to find all 10 volunteer's voice recordings. Note: After finding a collectible, it will automatically be saved. You can still access all areas, side quests, and collectibles until you use the boat in Chapter 13.
Go north of Halai Village to find a small hut. Go to the back of the hut, in the water, to find a vent leading to a secret Dead Zone. Enter the Dead Zone, and open the toolbox inside. A zombie midget named Toolbox Midget will then appear. Kill him to get a legendary golf club. The Toolbox Midget is a reference to the Borderlands series, as midgets occasionally appear when opening boxes and chests in the game.
To quickly get 25 chainsaw kills at the beginning of the game, active the "Genre: Horror Slasher" quest. Then, go to the abandoned movie set, and grab the chainsaw in the back area. As long as you do not grab the camera for the director, zombies will keep respawning inside the movie set. Kill all the zombies with the chainsaw in the movie set, leave the movie set, and return to have the zombies respawn. Repeat this until you get the "Better Than The Arm" achievement.
A great place to get explosive mines is on the rooftop of the "Old Town Cinema" in Henderson. They will keep respawning in Chapter 13 -- so you can farm as many as desired. Once you have an explosive mine, go to the Ferry Station. Gather up a group of ten zombies, and jump on a car so they cannot attack you. Just keep shooting a gun to get their attention. Once ten zombies are in one spot, start killing them, but do not dismember them with bladed weapons; use only guns or blunt weapons so their bodies stay intact. Leave one zombie alive, and let it trigger the mine. The explosion must destroy ten bodies, but the bodies can be dead or alive. You can also plant the mine while the ten zombies are still moving, but the blast might not destroy all bodies. It is easier to kill them first.
Once you reach Pinai Ferry Station (approximately halfway through the game while following the main story missions), there will be two special gas zombies in this area you must kill to get the "Twins" achievement. The first one is located at the beach in the northern part of the map. Walk towards the lifeguard's shack, and he will appear and attack. The second one is located in the southern part of the map. You must climb a hidden ladder to make him appear. The ladder is behind a large billboard that says "Workshop" and has a truck on top of it. Once you have climbed the ladder and are in the back of the truck with the sniper rifle, he will come out of the workshop garage and attack.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Achiever: Finish all quests in the game.
- Mystery solved: Find all the secret files.
- Obtain level 50: Obtain level 50.
- Obtain level 70: Obtain level 70.
- Siege Hammer: Install a total of 5 barricades during hub defense.
- Dream Team: Complete all the main quests cooperatively with any number of partners.
- The Collector: Find 50% of collectibles.
- The Hoarder: Find all collectibles.
- Professional Tourist: Find all pages from the guide book.
- Twins: Kill the Twins.
- News junkie: Find all the volunteer's voice recordings.
- At Your Service: Rescue 20 NPCs that have been grabbed by monsters.
- The Hurt Mine Locker: Kill 10 monsters with one mine.
- Hurler: Kill 100 monsters with thrown melee weapons.
- BrainLess: Kill 50 monsters by smashing, decapitating or shooting them in the head.
- Bully: Kill 100 monsters with a kick.
- Jetboat: Kill 100 monsters using the boat's speed boost.
- Juggernaut: Kill 100 enemies using charge attacks.
- Better than the arm: Kill 25 monsters with a chainsaw.
- It's an Order: Mark 100 opponents which were then killed by your co-op partners.
- King among Kings: Kill special enemies: Grenadier, Thug, Wrestler, Infected, Suicider, Screamer, Butcher, Floater.
- Hunter-Seeker: Find and kill all named champion monsters located in dead zones.
- Heart of Darkness: Find a boat for use in the jungle.
- Breaching the Tunnels: Successfully defend the tunnel entrance.
- The Cinema: Clear out the cinema.
- Military Base: Gain access to a long-range radio station.
- Combat on the roof: Survive the horde on the roof.
- Henderson Town: Reach Henderson.
- Meeting Serpo: Make pact with Serpo.
- The Docks: Enter the docks in Quarantine Zone.
- You've tricked me once: Finish the game.
- Serving Science: Finish quests for Dr. Kessler.
- First Do No Harm: Finish hospital quests for Cecil.
- Defeat Harlow: Defeat Harlow.
- The Storm: Escape from the ship.
- Mystery solved: Find all the secret files.