In the main story missions, you will get upgrades to your rig to complete missions. Once you get the Acetylene Torch, go to Marshall's Gorge to fight the giant crab. After killing the giant crab, go back to the entrance, and fast travel to any location. Then, travel back to Marshall's Gorge to fight the giant crab again. You will get approximately 600 T-Energy each time you kill the giant grab. You will earn approximately 2,500 T-Energy for completing an average side mission, and it will usually take around 20 minutes to complete. You can get approximately 5,000 T-Energy every 15 minutes by farming the giant crab. Note: Once you continue with the main story missions, the giant crab cannot be farmed any longer. Thus, make sure you obtain as much T-Energy as desired before continuing with the main story missions.
Search the indicated locations to find all 55 logs (34 audio logs and 21 text logs). Collect all audio and text logs to get the "Master Cataloger" achievement. This video shows them in the order of accessibility (story order). Sometimes you cannot get a collectible right away and will have to return to the same area later in the game. You will gain access to more areas throughout the story and will unlock new tools and abilities that are necessary to obtain all collectibles. Some logs do not spawn until you have reached a certain point in the story. Thus, make sure to collect everything in the correct order. Press Back to view how many collectibles of each type you have found.
Search the indicated locations to find all four Mementos. Note: You must obtain the magnetic hook before you can reach the areas where all four Mementos are located. You will automatically get it after completing the main missions for the Camp Of The Forgotten (northern area on the world map). Collect all four Mementos to get the "Gone, But Not Forgotten" achievement. After finding all four Mementos, you need to take them to Solchol. In addition to getting the achievement, you will also get a health upgrade.
Search the indicated locations to find all six T-Posts. Plant all six posts to get the "Master Planter" achievement. You will automatically have to plant the first post in Hanneman's Basin during a main mission. It cannot be missed. After planting that post, you will need to wait until later in the game (before going past the point of no return) to reach the other five posts. Most of them cannot be reached at first when you enter an area. Thus, wait until the end of the game before searching for them. You will also have the option to fast travel at that point. Upgrades like the magnetic hook are necessary, but will also be obtained automatically during the storyline.
To make Albino Tarkaa monsters appear, go to the upgrade shop in the western corner of the Camp Of The Forgotten. A conversation with the vendor will automatically begin, and he will give you a quest to locate the rare Albino Tarkaas for him. You will be given an upgrade that allows you to hear the noise they make. Then, leave the camp, and go to the Killing Fields. There is an Albino Tarkaa in the mountain cave to your right. You must use the claw of your rig and the magnetic hook to reach it. The Albino Tarkaa is on one of the walls; it is small and white. Scan (tag) it with your pistol to get the "First Tag" achievement.
Note: You must obtain the magnetic hook before you can get this achievement. You will automatically get it after completing the main missions for the Camp Of The Forgotten (northern area on the world map). Once you get the magnetic hook, go back to Shackleton's Peak. Activate the console at the bottom of the mountain to call the gondola. Use the gondola to immediately reach the summit. You will then have to do some backtracking. Go through the door, and down the mountain where you previously came from when you climbed the mountain for the first time. Continue until you reach a point where you can use the magnetic hook. It is approximately a minute walk from the summit (on the left side of the path). Use the hook, and keep going until you reach a hidden cave. In that cave is the Lost Contractor. Pick up his audio log to get the "Lost And Found" achievement.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Campaign Complete: Finished the Game on Any Difficulty.
- Extreme Conditions: Finished the Game on Hard Difficulty.
- Armed and Dangerous: First Weapon Upgrade Purchased.
- Master Planter: Planted every Post.
- Home Improvement: Purchase First Rig Upgrade.
- Big Spender: Bought every Weapon and Rig Upgrade.
- Geneticist: Fully Unlocked Bestiary.
- Lost Log: Found a Log.
- Heavy Reader: Found 50% of Logs.
- Master Cataloger: Found all Logs.
- Killer Instinct: Finished Kovac's Quests.
- History Lesson: Found a Memento.
- Gone, But Not Forgotten: Found all Mementos.
- First Tag: Tagged an Albino Tarkaa.
- Master Huntsman: Purchased all Ethologist Upgrades.
- A Winner Is You!: Won a Multiplayer Match.
- Winning Habit: Won 25 Multiplayer Matches.
- You're the best...AROUND!: Won every Scenario.
- Feels Like The First Time: Perform your first Stealth Kill in a Multiplayer Game.
- Deadly Catch: Delivered The T-Eng Canister 2 times during a multiplayer Outpost Scenario match.
- Stop Stalking Me: Killed 20 Wardeyes during a multiplayer Research Lab Akrid Survival match.
- Top Dog: Delivered the T-Eng Canister 3 times during a multiplayer Alpha Lair Scenario match.
- Scorched Earth Policy: Destroyed Satellite Array.
- Riding Shotgun: Get a kill while on the Battlecat.
- Touchdown: Delivered the T-Eng Canister to win a multiplayer Quarantine Scenario match.
- Big Bang: Unlocked Sphere Cell.
- Sphere We Go: Unlocked 30 Sphere Cells.
- Sphere Complete: Unlocked all Sphere Cells.
- Helping Hand: Saved by Laroche.
- Rolling Out: Got your Rig.
- To the Rescue: Defended Laroche.
- Empty Nest: Emptied First T-Post.
- Saving the Day: Secured the Moorings.
- On the Hook: Rescued the Trapped Scientists.
- My First T-Post: Planted your First Post.
- Dish It Out: Brought the Com-Dish Online.
- "What": Found a Mysterious Structure.
- Thunderstruck: Killed a Cat-G Akrid with the Rig.
- Medicine Man: Returned the Medicine.
- Safe Cracker: Opened the Armory.
- Cleaning House: Stopped the Akrid Infestation.
- Drilling Down: Completed Deep Core Drilling.
- Storm Chaser: Took Storm Readings.
- The King Is Dead: Killed the King Crab.
- All Charged Up: Restored the Fueling Depot.
- Living Legend: Discovered Nushi.
- French Leave: Defeated Laroche.
- Fallen Hero: Watched Coronis Fall.
- Bleeding Heart: Stopped Isenberg for Good.
- Lost and Found: Discovered the Lost Contractor's Fate.
- Extreme Conditions: Finished the Game on Hard Difficulty.