At the start of a new game, go to the "safe zone" of the Ranger Station (the circle on the map where zombies cannot spawn/respawn). When you are in the parking lot of the Ranger Station, either run to the left or right while turning the camera in the direction you are running. When stamina is depleted, stop and rest until it completely refills. Repeat this process to continue to increase your cardio level. This process takes a while, but since the opening section of the game does not contain any tough zombies (plus day cycles do not occur until after you reach the church), this is a great time to build up the cardio stat. Having a high cardio level will give you more stamina for things such as running, climbing walls, and melee fighting.Dawn Of The Dead references
The Savini residence is a reference to Tom Savini, who was responsible for the make-up and special effects in Dawn Of The Dead and its sequels. The Snyder Trucking business is a reference to Zack Snyder, who remade Dawn Of The Dead.Evil Dead series reference
The Campbell Used Autos business is a reference to Bruce Campbell, who starred as Ash in the Evil Dead series.Plants vs. Zombies reference
One of the houses west of the Ascension Church has a line of sunflowers in front of a row of lawnmowers in its back yard.Shaun Of The Dead reference
The "Simon & Nick Landscaping" signs that can be found throughout the game are a reference to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, who play the main characters in Shaun Of The Dead.The Simpson's reference
Sam and other survivors occasionally say "Everything's coming up Milhouse!", which is a reference to an episode of The Simpsons where Milhouse says that line during a flood.The Walking Dead references
You can find a campaign sign reading "Richard Grimes for sheriff" on a front lawn. This is a reference to Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead. You can also find the Kirkman residence, which is a reference to Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead graphic novels.Xbox 360 reference
Enter the house with the Plants vs. Zombies yard to find an Xbox 360 slim in the bedroom.Zombieland reference
The "Rule #1" achievement, awarded for reaching 7-stars in the Cardio attribute, is a reference to the Zombieland's main character's "#1 Rule", which was "Cardio".Easy "Ya Always Were An A-Hole Gorman" achievement
Have a grenade, firebomb, or other explosive device in your enventory. Equip it, then keep tapping the key to activate it as you are being taken down to get the "Ya Always Were An A-Hole Gorman" achievement.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Arrested Developments: See things through at the courthouse.
- Badass: Complete 50 missions or activities with the same character.
- Cannibal Family Picnic: Get to the Mt. Tanner Ranger Station.
- Come and Knock On Our Door: Convince another enclave to join your community.
- Double Dead: Perform a hand to hand double kill special attack.
- Everywhere You Look: Get 15 people in your community.
- Get Outta My Dreams: Kill one of each freak zombie type with your car.
- Get Yo' Freak On: Kill one of each freak zombie type.
- Gotta Enjoy the Little Things: Use a car door to kill a zombie.
- Gun Thugs: Help the Wilkersons resolve their differences.
- Holy Rolling: Escape Mt. Tanner and find the survivors at the church.
- Home Improvement: Build a facility.
- Home on the Grange: Play matchmaker for Quentin and Becca.
- Horde Hoard: Destroy 10 hordes in one day.
- I Can See My House From Here: Complete a survey activity.
- I'll Be There For You: Earn 500 Fame.
- It Was Just a Police Action: Find out what the Army was up to.
- Land Usage: Build one of every type of facility.
- Manifest Destiny: Build 8 outposts.
- Mercy Shot: Kill a member of your community to prevent them from turning.
- Movin' On Up!: Relocate your home base.
- Pest Control: Destroy 5 infestations in one day.
- Rule #1: Max out a community member's Cardio skill.
- Survivor: Escape Trumbull County.
- The Bruce: Kill 3 zombies with an exploding propane tank.
- Torn Apart: Get killed by zombies.
- Trust Me, I'm an Expert: Earn a skill specialization for one of your community members.
- Vehicular Zombicide: Run over 250 zombies.
- Watch the Birdie!: Distract zombies to complete an objective.
- Ya Always Were An A-Hole Gorman: Sacrifice your life in a blaze of glory.