Successfully complete the game, and save when prompted to create a file marked with a star icon. The "EX New Game" option will now appear. Start a new game session in "EX New Game" mode to have the Grade Shop immediately available. You can also purchase "Battle Rank" for 50 Grade points for an additional difficulty. Additionally, load your cleared saved game file to gain access to Nam Cobanda Isle at the northwest part of the World Map.100-Man Melee Tournament prizes
Win the 100-Man Melee Tournament with the indicated character to unlock the corresponding prizes:
- Estell: Comet Light, Imperial Guard, Sanctuary, Secret Magic MX, Star Light
- Judith: Dragonic Coat, Gadochaos
- Karol: Brave Helm, Drill Hammer
- Raven: Celestial Star, Glorious Helm
- Repede: Aer Fragment, Maximum Dog
- Rita: Elemental Goggles, Sacred Chain
- Yuri: Colossus, Star Mail
The following items can be purchased at the Grade Shop in EX New Game mode for the indicated price:
- 1/2 Experience: 10 Grade; this reduces the experience earned in battle by half.
- 10x Experience: 3,000 Grade; this multiplies the experience earned in battle by 10.
- 2x Gald: 600 Grade; this doubles Gald earned in battle.
- 2x Grade: 3,000 Grade; this doubles the Grade earned in battle.
- Artes and Skills for individual characters: 350 Grade each; this keeps all Artes and Weapon skills for each character individually.
- Artes: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all learned Artes for all characters.
- Battle Techniques: 50 Grade; this reduces the normal amount of experience earned in battle to 1, but multiplies bonus experience earned from large combos by 5.
- Collector's Book: 10 Grade; this keeps all Collector's Book data.
- Cooking Skill: 50 Grade; this keeps the Cooking skill levels for all characters.
- Craft Skill: 10 Grade; this keeps Synthesis skill level.
- Decrease Max HP: 10 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% less max HP than usual.
- Double Experience: 1,000 Grade; this doubles the experience earned in battle.
- Enemy Book: 10 Grade; this keeps all Enemy Book data.
- Gald: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all of the Gald you earned.
- Increase Item Drop Rate: 1,000 Grade; this doubles the chance of finding items after battle.
- Increase Max HP: 500 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% more max HP than usual.
- Increase Max TP: 10 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% less max TP than usual.
- Increase Max TP: 500 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% more max TP than usual.
- Increase Over Limit: 1,000 Grade; this has the Overlimit gauge fill faster and enemies use Overlimit more often.
- Items: 500 Grade; this keeps all non-story related items and equipment.
- Max 99 Items: 400 Grade; this increases the item limit to 99.
- Recipes: 10 Grade; this keeps all recipes you learned.
- Records: 10 Grade; this keeps all data from the Record menu.
- Skill SP 1: 3,000 Grade; this lowers the SP needed to equip a weapon skill to 1. This works for all characters and all weapon skills.
- Skills: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all mastered weapon skills for all characters.
- Titles: 500 Grade; this keeps all of the titles you got for every character.
- Unlock All Skits: 1,000 Grade; this allows you to view all skits, even ones you have not seen yet, at the Skit Viewer at Nam Cobanda Isle.
- Unlock Battle Rank: 50 Grade; this unlocks the Unknown difficulty.
- World Map: 300 Grade; this keeps the World Map data.
When you have reached the vault in The Fallen City, Caer Bocram, you should have already acquired the three passwords clues from the old buildings you searched. Enter "Sun" as a password to unlock the vault. The clues were "Light", "Sphere", and "Sky".Getting Rita's Miska Scholar title on Nam Cobanda Isle
You must have access to the town of Arniun before you can do this. Start at Nam Cobanda Isle by talking to the Kowz behind the desk with all the tables around it to trigger a scene. Rita will want to take a test to get the Doctoral Degree. The only way to take the test is for her to find five books:
- At Halure in the Mayor's House: Look at the book shelf.
- At Capua Torim in Fortune's Market HQ: Look at the bookshelf.
- At Heliord in the Investigation Room: Look on the left side of the room.
- At Mantanic in the Inn: Look at the bookshelf.
- At Aurnin in Aurniun's HQ: Look at Flynn's dresser.
Once you have all the books, go back to the Kowz, and take the test. You will be quizzed on past Tales series of games. It does not matter if you pass or fail; you still get the title either way.Alternate costumes on Nam Cobanda Isle
When you gain access to Nam Cobanda Isle, play through the sub-event. Estellise, Karol, Rita, and Yuri will get a costume title. To start the sub-event, walk to the stage in the gymnasium, and talk to the man standing there. Then, just watch the funny scene, and get the titles at the end.Easy experience
In the Sands Of Korgoth, immediately after Mantiac, stock up on Holy Bottles and Dark Bottles. Then, go to the Oasis save point, which will automatically heal all health and TP. From there, go north, and run around with the Holy Bottle until night falls. Once it does, turn on the Dark Bottles. This will bring out all the monsters. The ones to look for are the little starfish-like monsters (fairly easy to spot). They run very fast towards you. Engage in battle with them. You will receive 800 experience points for each one defeated. You can easily catch between six to eight of them per night. Nights last for about three minutes, resulting in about 4,800 to 6,400 experience points every time night falls. This is an easy way to level up quickly early in the game.Easy Grade
Instead of manually spamming Tidal Wave with Rita, try the following method. It works almost as well, and you do not have to do anything. Include Rita, Raven, and Estelle in your party. The fourth member can be anyone with the "Item Thrower" skill. Turn off all other Artes for them so they are only using "Tidal Wave", "Tempest", and "Holy Rain", respectively. For the battle strategy, set whoever has "Item Thrower" to defend, watch TP, and no over limit or fatal strikes. For Rita and Estelle, set them to target different enemies, full attack and Artes, Artes only, keep formation, no items, over limit level 1, and no fatal strikes. Do the same for Raven, except do not use any over limit for him. As for special equipment, equip Blue Dice on Raven and the character with "Item Thrower". Equip Rita and Estelle with Risky Rings. Before the battle, have everyone set the "Minimum Damage" skill. Make sure you have items to restore TP, such as Orange Gel. Also, make sure the battle difficulty is set to hard or higher for the Grade multiplier. Go just outside of Zaphias, and link encounter either the plant or mushroom enemies so you have at least six enemies in battle to keep the over limit above level 1. Finally, turn on the battle strategy. It should last roughly twenty minutes, and at the end you will receive approximately 800 Grade, with no work on your part.Soul Calibur 4 reference
There is a weapon for Rita called a "Sword Whip" that resembles Ivy's Sword Whip from Soul Calibur 4, another Namco Bandai game.Tales Of Phantasia reference
There is an attachment for Estelle that you can synthesize near the end of the game called Mint's Cap. Mint is one of the main characters from Tales Of Phantasia, the first Tales game.