Strategy Guide/Walkthrough/FAQ - Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner
Zone Of The Enders
Full health and ammunition
Pause the game and press L1(2), L2(2), L1, R1, L1, R1, R2, R1. Note: Each time this code is used your level will go down by one.Versus mode
At the title screen, press Circle, X, Right, Left, Right, Left, Down(2), Up(2). Alternatively, successfully complete the game on any difficulty to unlock Versus mode with five frames and most stages. Successfully complete the game on any difficulty twice to unlock the remaining two frames and stages.All characters and levels in Versus mode
Successfully complete the game on any difficulty with at least a "D" rank to unlock all characters and levels in Versus mode.Alternate ending music
Successfully complete the game on any difficulty and get an "A" rank on all five S.O.S. rescue missions to hear a different ending theme during the end credits.
Intentionally do badly during the game by destroying all buildings and killing all survivors during the various missions. This includes completely destroying the colony shaft during the last SOS mission. Defeat Tyrant, then go to the Mountain 1 level to view the worst ending. To get the alternate ending easily, play the game in Easy mode. Once you get to the final mission, just explode all bombs except for one or two. After that, you will hear the second ending song called "A Light With The Name Of Hope".Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Elite Frame Runner (Platinum): Collect all trophies.
- Learn Gooder (Bronze): Complete all of the in-game tutorials.
- Weapon Finder (Silver): Find 5 sub-weapon drivers.
- Gun Runner (Silver): Find all 10 sub-weapon drivers.
- The Seeker (Silver): Find 7 passcodes.
- Hacker (Silver): Find all 14 passcodes.
- Silent Assassin (Silver): Take out the EPS relay block before eliminating any enemies.
- Porter Pounder (Silver): Destroy 40 Porters.
- Bomb Squad (Silver): Disarm all the bombs in HUB 1 correctly.
- Good Samaritan (Silver): Achieve an A Rank in any Rescue Mission available.
- Damage Control (Gold): Earn an A Rank in all 5 rescue missions.
- Framed (Gold): Unlock all the frames.
Additionally, there are 13 secret trophies:
- Valedictorian (Gold): Achieve an Overall Evaluation grade of A.
- Salutatorian (Silver): Achieve an Overall Evaluation grade of B.
- KO Neith (Silver): Win your first encounter against Neith.
- Homecoming King (Silver): Defeat Tempest.
- The Bigger They Are (Silver): Defeat Tyrant.
- Nebulous (Silver): Defeat Nebula.
- You Again?! (Silver): Win your second encounter against Neith.
- Third Time's the Charm (Silver): Defeat Zombie Neith.
- Winning (Gold): Survive the battle with Anubis.
- Power Down (Bronze): Destroy the Power Facilites in EPS1 & EPS2.
- Anti-Virus (Bronze): Get ADA back online using the Vaccine.
- Unhealthy Behavior (Gold): Defeat 10 enemies when under the influence of the Virus.
- Benedict Arnold (Silver): Defeat 10 enemies while controlling the Raptor.
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner
Select "Extra Missions", "Boss Battle mode", and fight Vic Viper. Pause the game when fighting Leo, then press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, L1, R1. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a sound. The Zoradius mini-game will now be unlocked when you return to the "Extra Missions" screen.All power-ups in Zoradius mini-game
Pause the game during Zoradius, then press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, L1, R1.Alternate appearance
Successfully complete story mode to unlock four more versions of Jehuty in story mode, extra missions, and versus modes.Alternate ending sequence
Successfully complete story mode with an "A", "S", or "SS" rank to unlock new pictures after the credits.Alternate Zoradius ending sequence
Successfully complete the Zoradius mini-game with a score greater than 570,000.Alternate Extra Mission menu background
Successfully complete all missions with the highest score.Versus mode
Successfully complete the game to unlock versus mode.Play as Aumaan Anubis in versus mode
Successfully complete story mode, then play through story mode a second time using the same saved game file with all sub-weapons equipped, and get into Margrifier (the place where you have to unlock the gate). On the left route (always go left), there is a dead end along the way to the generator. Use Vector Cannon to blast the blocking stones to clear a secret path. You will be brought into the Wind Tunnel, fighting a lot of enemies. Destroy them, and you will be brought into an unfamiliar location, where you will have to fight Aumaan Anubis. Destory it and you will found the small icon of Aumaan Anubis, pick it up and Aumaan Anubis will be unlocked in versus mode.Play as Inhert in versus mode
Successfully complete the game, then use any version of Jehuty and play through story mode a second time using the same saved game file. Fight your way through Lloyd's City Underground Base. The location is at the second level of the Underground base, before you reach Lloyd, wait for the pillar to retract (the 2nd level of the moving pillars), and you wil saw a small Inhert at the left side corner. Pick it up and Inhert will be unlocked in versus mode.Play as Naked Jehuty in versus mode
At the end of the way, there are two paths with lasers blocking the inside route, shoot them, and you will find Naked Jehuty inside. Defeat him and you will unlock him in versus mode.Super power and infinite subweapon power
After completing the game, load your saved game. It should say "clear game" or something similar. The "New Game" screen will appear. Choose Naked Jehuty and either still have your subweapons or not. When you are in Jehuty, you will be about ten times stronger than normal Jehuty and will have unlimited subweapon power.Easy kills
If you have low health while fighting enemies (outside of boss battles), get them close to each other then hold R2 and press Square. You should now be circling the enemies. Then, release Square.
Whenever you have to carry someone (for example, Ardjet after defeating Viola's AI), you can heal them by using boost while carrying them. It uses up some of your SUB gauge, but you can use them as clubs.Ken in tank top
You can get Ken to appear in a skimpy tank top for awhile. After you defeat the Viola AI, grab Ardjet and go down by the lava for awhile. she will start screaming and wiggling. Fly up to the end after you killed the enemies. In the intermission sequence where she jumps into Jehuty's cockpit, she will be wearing a tank top. She will also be wearing it while you are flying to the place with all of the booby traps before Lloyd's palace.Jehuty view while using Vector Cannon
You can actually see a different view of Jehuty when using the Vector Cannon. When charging the Vector Cannon, rotate the view with R3. Note: Keep moving or the view will change back to the original position.Changing sub-weapons
You can change your sub-weapon without going into menu. During a battle or outside a battle, tap L1 to change back and fourth on your selected sub-weapon and grab. If you want to use another sub-weapon, hold L1 and choose it. Note: The game will pause when L1 is held, allowing you enough time to switch sub-weapons.Extra attacks with Anubis
When using the Anubis or Aumaan Anubis in versus mode, rotate the Left Analog-stick counterclockwise to have Anubis hit its opponent eight or more times, depending on how fast you rotate it, instead of the usual four with its spear.0 Shift in versus mode with Anubis
To do the 0 Shift in versus mode, press L1.Efficient burst attack with Jehuty
For multiple aiming of Jehuty's Burst, hold R2 + Left or Right to dash. While dashing, hold Square to aim in all directions to get your target locked on. Release Square, then fire. Note: The Burst attack is effective when destroying a swarm of Wisps or small projectile attacks.Vic Viper's Special attack
Press L1 and he will turn into his flying mode. It is almost invincible against any character, even Jehuty.Control scenes
When playing the game in the story mode, during the scenes when you see Dingo talking with other characters while inside Jehuty , move the Right Analog-stick. As you move it, the picture of Dingo will move around and allow you to see a little bit around him.
When you are listening to a conversation between the characters, use the Right Analog-stick to move Dingo's view inside his window to any direction. You can do the same with another character's window by pressing R2 and then using the Right Analog-stick. Use the Left Analog-stick to change your direction when you are in Jehuty's cockpit. Sometimes, pressing R1 may enable you to zoom in during a scene, be it inside Jehuty or outside. You can zoom in more if you press R1 harder.
During the scenes where you see Dingo talking with other characters while inside, press R2 to control other characters. Press R2 again to control Dingo. Use the Right Analog-sick to move the characters.Defeating Nephtis
When you encounter Nephtis at the power plant on Mars, grab a solar panel on one of the towers. Wait until she charges up her dash attack and guard with the solar panel. She will be stunned for a few seconds. Attack her until she starts moving again. Repeat this process until she is defeated.
When you fight Nephtis inside a giant force field, wait for her to charge up her dash attack. As soon as she attacks, dash out of the way and she will hit the force field and become stunned. Attack her until she breaks free of the force field. Repeat this until she is dead. Note: Be sure not to run into the force field while attacking her.
When Nephtis is inside the tower like area, use the Geyser to stun the Clods and grab them and then wait for Nephtis to attack. Guard with the Clod and Nephtis will be stunned, attack her until she starts moving again. If the Clod tries to break free use Burst to keep them from escaping.
When Nephtis's AI infects Ardjet, dodge any of her long range attacks, then when she is done move into melee. Wait for Ardjet to swing at you, then deflect her attack by slashing at the correct moment. Deflect the sword four times and she will become stunned. Grab and hold her while ADA deletes the AI. Repeat until she is defeated.Defeating Nohman
When you encounter Nohman after fighting Viola's A.I. Data, do not run up to him. Block his lasers if needed. Shoot normal lasers at him. When he teleports to you, you will know what to do.Defeating the Train
When you fight the Train, you will have to destroy all the carts in five minutes. To destroy a cart, target its weapons and use homing missiles to destroy them. Once all of a cart's weapons are destroyed, it will explode and a fleet of enemies will attack. Use Gauntlet to knock enemies into the walls and out of range. The first and fourth cart have machine guns, the second has laser beams, and the third has machine guns and a massive laser cannon that is easy to avoid. The fifth cart is defenseless.Defeating Vic Viper in versus mode
If you opponent is playing as Vic Viper uses the morph to fly around, use Anubis's 0 Shift attack to follow him. If he stops, attack until he is defeated. Do not do anything else except for that as he is weak in that state.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Desperately Seeking Dingo (Platinum): Collect all trophies.
- Sure Lock (Silver): Find Taper in less than 4 guesses.
- Flash Knock Out (Silver): After the initial Vic Viper battle, defeat all of the Naritas in under 90 seconds.
- Derailed (Silver): Defeat the train in less than 5 minutes.
- Crushing Victory (Silver): Defeat an enemy by using the shafts at Fort City.
- Quick Draw (Silver): Defeat the 5 BAHRAM Battleships in less than 6 minutes.
- The Good Rescuer (Silver): Earn a Ranking of SS at Vascilia Battle.
- The Great Rescuer (Gold): Earn a Ranking of SS at Aumaan Crevasse.
- Digital Dojo (Bronze): Complete all of the in-game tutorials.
- nEXt Mission (Silver): Find all 20 Ex-Missions.
- Frame Collector (Gold): Unlock all the frames.
Additionally, there are 14 secret trophies:
- The Egret Has Landed (Gold): Beat the game with a ranking of S.
- Ace of Frames (Silver): Beat the game with a ranking of A.
- Hop In (Bronze): Acquire Jehuty.
- Put Her Makeup On (Bronze): Acquire Jehuty Ver. 2.
- Beginners Luck (Silver): Defeat Ardjet.
- Stick Around (Silver): Win your first encounter against the Viola AI.
- Hello Old Friend (Silver): Defeat Vic Viper (Leo).
- Farewell (Silver): Defeat the Viola AI for the final time.
- InHurt (Silver): Defeat Inhert.
- Taking You Down (Silver): Defeat Zakat.
- It's Over (Silver): Defeat Anubis.
- It's Over, For Real! (Gold): Defeat Aumaan Anubis.
- Retro Runner (Gold): Clear Zoradius.
- Is It Hot In Here? (Silver): Reveal Ken's alternate outfit.