Successfully complete the game to unlock the Nightmare difficulty. In Nightmare mode, the combat difficulty is increased, and there are sixteen additional Manuscript Pages to collect.Collectible locations
Search the indicated locations shown in the videos to find all coffee thermoses, can pyramids, manuscript pages in both Normal mode and Nightmare mode, hidden chests, TV shows, and radio shows:
Episode 1: Nightmare
Episode 2: Taken
Episode 3: Mirror Peak
Episode 3: On The Run
Episode 4: The Trurth
Episode 5: The Clicker
Episode 6: Departure
Note: The following trick requires a smartphone with the Microsoft Tag app. Play Episode 4, and find the modern art painting on the top floor of the lodge. Capture that image, and read it with Microsoft Tag.Xbox 360 reference
When the doctor asks you to go back to your room at the start of Chapter 4, search the room across the hallway from your door to find an Xbox 360.Avatar Awards
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award:
- Jacket and Scarf - Female: Play the Limited Collector's Edition Bonus Disc.
- Jacket and Scarf - Male: Play the Limited Collector's Edition Bonus Disc.
In the "The Writer" downloadable content, go to the area with the airplane. Jump on its wings to reach the lower level. Drop from the plane, then go to the left of the furthest wing (towards the front of the plane). Once you reach the rock wall, find the slightly hidden hole. Go through it, and follow the path along the cliff side to reach a cave with a giant typewriter and get the "Creative Space" achievement. After Alan is done speaking, go on top of the typewriter to read a paper that reveals more of the storyline.Easy "Meet The Deadline" achievement
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Follow the Light (10 points): Take a night course of light education.
- Nordic Walking (10 points): Take a walk through the logging area, meet one of the quirky locals.
- Bright Falls' Finest (20 points): Call for help.
- Boob Tube (5 points): See what's on TV.
- Under a Thin Layer of Skin (10 points): Defy the park ranger.
- Park Ranger (15 points): Enjoy the sounds and sights of Elderwood National Park.
- Heavy Metal (10 points): Survive the bulldozer attack.
- Iron Horse (10 points): Encounter a steam engine.
- Wheels Within Wheels (20 points): Meet the kidnapper.
- Medical Opinions (10 points): Listen to Hartman's recordings.
- Child of the Elder God (10 points): Have a rock'n'roll moment without dropping to a low health state.
- Perchance to Dream (20 points): Take a moment to reflect on past events.
- Drink 'Em Both Up (10 points): Put de lime in de coconut twice.
- Gatekeeper (10 points): Cut the power to the transformer yard.
- The Lady of the Light (20 points): Discover the secret she guards.
- Tornado Wrangler (20 points): Defeat the tornado.
- Departure (40 points): Complete the game on Normal difficulty.
- Hardboiled Writer (40 points): Complete the game on Hard difficulty.
- Alan, Wake Up (50 points): Complete the game on Nightmare difficulty.
- If It Flies, It Burns (20 points): Burn 1,000 birds.
- They're Heeeeeere! (20 points): Inanimate objects shouldn't move of their own accord. Put a stop to this affront, oh, say, 20 times.
- The Six-Gun Scribe (20 points): Defeat 100 Taken with the revolver.
- Taken Season (20 points): Defeat 50 Taken with the hunting rifle.
- It's Not Just a Typewriter Brand (20 points): Defeat 50 Taken with a shotgun.
- What Light Through Yonder Window (20 points): Defeat 50 Taken with the flaregun, the way Shakespeare intended.
- Thunder and Lightning (20 points): Defeat 50 Taken with flashbang grenades.
- Collateral Carnage (20 points): Defeat 20 Taken with indirect means.
- Come One, Come All (10 points): Kill four Taken with a single shot from the flaregun.
- Sound and Fury (10 points): Kill four Taken with a single flashbang.
- Two For the Price of One (10 points): Kill two Taken with a single shotgun blast.
- Back! Back, I Say! (10 points): Save yourself with a flare.
- Float Like a Butterfly (15 points): Perform a cinematic dodge.
- Missed by a Mile (25 points): Perform a cinematic dodge 20 times.
- Energized! (10 points): Use 100 batteries.
- Let There Be Light (10 points): Get a generator running.
- Carny (10 points): Knock over five can pyramids.
- Meet the Deadline (30 points): In "Mirror Peak," make it from the Coal Mine Museum to Cauldron Lake in 30 minutes.
- An Idyllic Small Town (30 points): Make it through "Night Falls in Bright Falls" in one go without dying or restarting even once.
- Gunless Wonder (30 points): Make it to Cauldron Lake without firing a single shot in "On the Road to Cauldron Lake."
- Right of Way (10 points): Drive over 15 Taken.
- Finders Keepers (20 points): Discover 5 hidden chests.
- Every Nook and Cranny (30 points): Discover all of the hidden chests.
- Paging Mr. Wake (20 points): Find 25 manuscript pages.
- Picking Up After Yourself (30 points): Find all of the manuscript pages in Normal mode.
- Collector's Edition (50 points): Find all of the manuscript pages in the game, including the ones in Nightmare mode.
- Damn Good Cup of Coffee (20 points): Discover 25 coffee thermoses.
- Hypercaffeinated (30 points): Discover all coffee thermoses.
- KBF-FM (30 points): Listen to all of the radio shows.
- Couch Potato (30 points): Watch every single TV show.
- Bright Falls Aficionado (30 points): Absorb every bit of local history and culture.
The following achievements require "The Signal" bonus downloadable content:
- A Friend in Need (25 points): Special 1: Find someone to help you.
- A Friend Indeed (50 points): Special 1: Follow the signal to its conclusion.
- Fast and Furious (25 points): Special 1: Make it through the final battle in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Words Will Never Harm You (25 points): Special 1: Trigger all of the furnaces in the basement.
- Run-On Sentence (50 points): Special 1: Complete the episode without reloading the game or restarting a checkpoint.
- License Revoked (20 points): Special 1: Complete the episode without using a single vehicle.
- Tick Tock (30 points): Special 1: Discover 10 hidden alarm clocks.
- Cardboard Companions (25 points): Special 1: Discover all of the cardboard standees.
The following achievements require "The Writer" bonus downloadable content:
- Ding! (5 points): Special 2: Complete the elevator ride.
- Kill Your Darlings (50 points): Special 2: Defeat the final obstacle between you and your goal.
- Go Gentle Into That Good Light (25 points): Special 2: Make it through the approach to the lighthouse without firing a weapon.
- No Punctuation (50 points): Special 2: Complete the episode without reloading the game or restarting a checkpoint.
- Iron Will (25 points): Special 2: Survive the final encounter without being seriously hurt.
- Whirlwind (20 points): Special 2: Make your way past the tornado in under 60 seconds.
- Licensed Properties (30 points): Special 2: Discover 10 Night Springs video games.
- Creative Space (25 points): Special 2: Discover the secret area.
- Heartbreaker (20 points): Special 2: Have some poison poured in your ear.