Ratchet And Clank
Successfully complete the game to unlock Challenge mode.
Successfully complete the game with as many Gold Bolts collected as possible to unlock the Insomniac Museum. There are six total hangars in the museum, but the number of them that can be accessed depends on the number of bolts collected.
Infinite ammo while gaining weapon experience
Normally, while the “Infinite Ammo” cheat is enabled, your weapons do not gain EXP. However, if you play with the “Infinite Ammo” cheat disabled until your weapon has 0 ammo remaining, you can enable the “Infinite Ammo” cheat. Then, shoot the weapon the number of times equal to that weapon’s maximum ammo count. For example, if you are using the Fusion Grenade, shoot it 17 times while the “Infinite Ammo” cheat is enabled, then disable the cheat. Your weapon will have full ammo, and you can still use it to gain more EXP. This is very useful in Challenge mode. Note: This exploit was performed on an unpatched version of the game. It may get patched. To avoid not being able to use this exploit, either do not install new patches before using this exploit or delete the patches. You can avoid patches being installed by disconnecting from the internet until you are ready for the game to install new patches.
Easy weapon upgrades
Enter an area containing a lot of enemies. Defeat all of them except for one with the weapon to be upgraded. Allow the last enemy to kill you or kill yourself by jumping into a hazard. When you respawn, your expended ammunition will be restored and your weapon will retain the previously earned experience.
All Gold Bolt locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 28 Gold Bolts. Collect all Gold Bolts to unlock the Insomniac Museum, multiple appearance options, cheats (invincibility and infinite ammo), and get the “Ultimate Explorer” trophy. Some of these collectibles can only be reached with certain gadgets. Thus, it is recommended to first complete the game and all optional objectives, and collect all gadgets. Then, travel back to each planet and collect the gold bolts. There is also a gadget called “Map-O-Matic” that reveals all Gold Bolt locations on the map. However, even with their location revealed some can still be tricky to reach. None of them are missable. You can return to each planet later through your spaceship. There is also a tracker in planet select. It displays how many bolts you have found on each planet. Additionally, you can view your total progress at any time by pausing the game.
- 1. Veldin – 0:05
- 2. Kerwan – 0:44
- 3. Kerwan – 1:21
- 4. Aridia – 1:46
- 5. Aridia – 2:27
- 6. Aridia – 3:30
- 7. Nebula G34 – 4:18
- 8. Rilgar – 4:48
- 9. Rilgar – 5:34
- 10. Rilgar – 6:22
- 11. Gaspar – 6:59
- 12. Gaspar – 8:28
- 13. Gaspar – 9:04
- 14. Gaspar – 9:23
- 15. Batalia – 9:55
- 16. Batalia – 10:19
- 17. Batalia – 10:49
- 18. Quartu – 11:23
- 19. Quartu – 12:32
- 20. Quartu – 13:18
- 21. Pokitaru – 14:53
- 22. Pokitaru – 15:25
- 23. Pokitaru – 16:25
- 24. Deplanetizer – 17:05
- 25. Deplanetizer – 17:55
- 26. Kalebo III – 18:45
- 27. Kalebo III – 19:13
- 28. Kalebo III – 20:11
All RYNO Holocard locations
Search the indicated locations to find all nine RYNO Holocards. Collecting all of them is required to get the “Tech Head” and “Full Gun Rack” trophies. All the other weapons can be bought from the vendor for bolts and some are automatically unlocked during the story. To get the gadgets, complete all optional objectives (marked on map); the rest are unlocked automatically from story progression. The RYNO is the only “hidden” weapon/gadget. It is the best weapon in the game and worth the effort. Most of the cards are in card packs (collectibles in the game world). Two of them are rewards for winning the hoverboard gold cup on Rilgar and Kalebo. A few of them are locked behind doors that you must hack with the Trespasser tool. You can still get all of them after completing the story. None are missable. You can view which ones you have already found in the pause menu.
- 1. Rilgar (RYNO I) – 0:05
- 2. Rilgar (RYNO II) – 0:48
- 3. Kerwan (Zodiac) – 1:33
- 4. Nebula G34 (RYN3O) – 2:26
- 5. Gaspar (Harbinger) – 3:08
- 6. Batalia (RYNO IV) – 3:39
- 7. Quartu (RYNO V) – 4:25
- 8. Kalebo III (RYNO VI Protosuit) – 5:02
- 9. Deplanetizer (RYNO VII) – 5:48
- Return cards to dealer (“Full Gun Rack” and “Techhead” trophies) – 6:17
All trespasser puzzle locations and solutions
Note: This trophy is missable. You also may never use Autohack (do not press Square). Using autohack will void the trophy and you will have to start a new playthrough to get it. First, you must obtain the Trespasser gadget. You get it in the sewers of Rilgar (see start of the video where you hack the first door). This tool is required to progress in the main story — so you cannot miss it. You can use it to hack certain doors. This triggers a mini-game in which you must point lasers at some ports. Completing the puzzle unlocks the door. A lot of these doors are story-related and will come naturally. But some of them are optional and reward you with special loot (card packs and gold bolts). There is no way to check your progress for this trophy. However, you can still fast travel to every location after completing the story to check if the doors are already unlocked or not.
- 1. Rilgar (you get the Trespasser Gadget here) – 0:05
- 2. Kerwan – 0:34
- 3. Nebula G34 – 1:14
- 4. Nebula G34 – 1:42
- 5. Nebula G34 – 2:11
- 6. Batalia – 2:39
- 7. Batalia – 3:15
- 8. Quartu – 3:55
- 9. Quartu – 4:25
- 10. Quartu – 5:09
- 11. Pokitaru – 5:58
- 12. Pokitaru – 6:36
- 13. Deplanetizer – 7:16
- 14. Deplanetizer – 7:51
- 15. Deplanetizer – 8:42
- 16. Deplanetizer – 9:21
Easy “Character Assassination” trophy
This can be done on the Deplanetizer planet. In the south of the map is an office with a blue holographic planet floating in the air and several planet models around the room. Destroy the five planet models in this office room (they are easy to destroy with grenades or rockets) to get the “Character Assassination” trophy.
Easy “Clank Crusher” trophy
This can be done on the Quartu planet. While playing as Clank, you will reach a room with five power reactors connected to a crusher. Use an electric Gadgebot to turn on the first reactor. Then, throw another Gadgebot under the crusher. Next, take away the electric bot from the reactor and the crusher will fall down and destroy the second bot. Repeat this process five times to get the “Clank Crusher” trophy. Note: The Gadgebots always respawn nearby. You can do all five in a row.
Easy “Death By Disco” trophy
To get the “Death By Disco” trophy, you must make all 48 enemies dance with the Groovitron disco ball. This trophy is easily missable. Most enemies do not respawn and there is only one single type of some of them in the entire game (such as bosses). Throw the Groovitron at every enemy group you encounter. If you die, use the Groovitron again to be safe. There are multiple versions of some enemies (for example, four different Warbots that have only visual differences). There is no way to get this trophy on the first playthrough because you get the Groovitron too late in the game. You will have to start a second playthrough in Challenge mode and use the Groovitron from the start. You retain your weapons when starting Challenge mode. Note: You can enable all the cheats and still get the trophy. Cheats are unlocked by finding all the Gold Bolts and can be enabled under the “Extras” menu. The game does not tell you which enemies you have found. Thus, you need to be very careful not to miss any enemies. If you do not get the trophy, you must play Challenge mode again from the start and try again.
- 1. Veldin: Honry Toad – 0:05
- 2. Veldin: Flamethrower Robot – 0:21
- 3. Veldin: Glowing Slug – 0:33
- 4. Veldin: Small Blarg Shooter – 0:47
- 5. Veldin: Dropship – 1:02
- 6. Veldin: Warbot (Version 1) – 1:20
- 7. Novalis: Robot Bird (Peckbot) – 1:38
- 8. Novalis: Yellow Grenade Launcher Robot – 1:55
- 9. Kerwan: Robot Dog (Kerwan Version) – 2:15
- 10. Kerwan: Big Blarg Shooter – 2:30
- 11. Kerwan: Helicopter – 2:45
- 12. Kerwan: Green Tentacle on Train – 3:04
- 13. Aridia: Sandshark – 3:21
- 14. Aridia: Sandshark Nest (Green Plant) – 3:35
- 15. Aridia: Constructobot – 3:51
- 16. Rilgar: Extermibot – 4:06
- 17. Rilgar: Tank (Rilgar Version) – 4:21
- 18. Rilgar: Large Amoeboid – 4:39
- 19. Rilgar: Medium Amoeboid – 5:00
- 20. Rilgar: Small Amoieboid – 5:22
- 21. Rilgar: Pool Shark (On Floor / Not Swimming) – 5:44
- 22. Rilgar: Pool Shark (Swimming) – 6:07
- 23. Nebula G34: Green Horned Toad – 6:28
- 24. Nebula G34: Alien Shooter – 6:46
- 25. Nebula G34: Brown Lizard (Snapper Version 1) – 7:03
- 26. Nebula G34: Alien Lizard (Snapper Version 2) – 7:22
- 27. Nebula G34: Snagglebeast (Boss) – 7:37
- 28. Gaspar: Robot Dogs (Gaspar Version) – 7:53
- 29. Gaspar: Turret Shooter – 8:07
- 30. Gaspar: Flying Dinosaur – 8:20
- 31. Gaspar: Small Red Robot with Blades – 8:36
- 32. Gaspar: Robot Assembly Bot – 8:49
- 33. Gaspar: Warbot (Version 2 with Jetpack) – 9:13
- 34. Gaspar: Killer Crab – 9:25
- 35. Gaspar: Telepathropus (Gaspar Version) – 9:39
- 36. Batalia: Blarg Bomb Thrower – 10:03
- 37. Batalia: Tank (Batalia Version) – 10:18
- 38. Quartu: Zurkon – 10:31
- 39. Quartu: Mrs. Zurkon (Boss) – 10:45
- 40. Pokitaru: Puffer Fish – 11:02
- 41. Pokitaru: Telepathopus (Pokitaru Version) – 11:19
- 42. Deplanetizer: Blarg Jetpack Shooter – 11:44
- 43. Deplanetizer: Dog with Glowing Eyes – 12:01
- 44. Deplanetizer: Tank (Deplanetizer Version) – 12:16
- 45. Kalebo III: Warbot (Version 3, Red Color with Jetpack) – 12:34
- 46. Deplanetizer: Warbot (Version 4, Yellow Color) – 12:52
- 47. Deplanetizer: Qwark (Boss) – 13:15
- 48. Deplanetizer: Dr. Nefarious – 13:33
Easy “Et Tu, Copernicus?” trophy
After completing the story and killing the final Boss, go back to the middle of the Deplanetizer planet. There are a few locked doors around this area. Transform into Qwark (use Hologuise gadget) and stand still in front of the two locked doors that are next to each other for a few seconds to hear Qwark say something and to get the “Et Tu, Copernicus?” trophy.
Easy “Faster Than A Speeding Amoeboid” trophy
This is done on the Rilgar planet. After fighting your way past some enemies, you will reach the hoverboard races. You first must complete the bronze and silver cup. Then, complete the gold cup in under 1 minute and 35 seconds. A timer is shown at the top of the screen. You will have to be extremely quick to do this. There are a lot of explosive crates on the road. If you mess up at all (drive into an explosive box or fall off the map), you basically have no chance of beating the time. Always jump through the blue rings and perform as many stunts as possible while in the air to fill up your boost. Use the boost whenever you start to slow down. You have to be boosting the entire time. Using blue ramps automatically gives you a boost, so never miss out on them. Driving through wooden boxes also fills up your boost. Always stay on the right side of the road. There are more ramps on the right and they all give you boosts and let you perform stunts in the air.
Easy “I Hate Lamp” trophy
Go to the indicated locations in Aleero City, which is the starting area of the Kerwan planet (the third planet) to find all 17 blue street lamps. Destroy all of them to get the “I Hate Lamp” trophy. Note: Only the ones before jumping on the train are needed. They are pretty easy to spot. You can destroy them any way desired.
Easy “Kalebo Thunder” trophy
Kalebo III is the final planet. Beating the time requirement in this race is much easier than the Rilgar race. Just use the two shortcuts shown in the video to easily do it in under two minutes. Make sure not to fall off the map and try not to drive into explosive crates. You can finish this in about 1 minute and 40 seconds — so there is room for error. To unlock the shortcuts, you must drive through the three yellow rings. Use your boost whenever possible, but remember to keep one boost for the jump on the second shortcut, as it will save you a lot of time.
Easy “Kerwan Gladiator” trophy
This can be done on the Kerwan planet, which is the third planet. Completing the fitness course is part of the main story, but completing it in under 70 seconds may require a few tries. You can try it as often as desired. At the end of the course there is a taxi that will bring you back to the start. The moving platforms are the only tricky part. If you fall down, there is no way you will beat the time limit. Remember that using the Helipack is faster than running. The timer starts when you hear the horn (after jumping up the first platform).
Easy “Lazy Lombax” trophy
There are four “catwalks” on the Kalebo III planet. One is on the way to the Kalebo hoverboard races and three are at the very start of the area where you land your spaceship. They are more like conveyor belts than catwalks. You can stand on them and they will very slowly transport you to the other side. Carefully take one step to get onto them and then stand still until you reach the other side.
Easy “Pool Sharks Are The Worst” trophy
On the Pokitaru planet, swim out in the water far from the shore. There are some large green fish where the water gets deeper. Swim near them to be instantly killed and get the “Pool Sharks Are The Worst” trophy. Note: You can do this anywhere on the map at any time.
Easy “That Sinking Feeling” trophy
This can be done on the Aridia planet. From where you start, take the path on the right to encounter some large robots with flamethrowers. Attack them with your OmniaWrench to catapult them into the quicksand. You will instantly kill them and get the “That Sinking Feeling” trophy.
Easy “Warbots Into Ploughshares” trophy
This can be done in the interior of Quartu. There are several assembly lines where Warbots are being produced. Destroy ten of them. Explosive weapons are recommended (rocket launcher or grenades). They get produced infinitely — so you can just stand by one assembly line and wait for them to come out.
Easy “When Sheep Fly” trophy
Note: This trophy is missable because the helicopters do not respawn. Once you kill them, they will not respawn and you will have to start a new playthrough to get the trophy. This can be done on the Kalebo III planet (the final planet). When you enter the planet, the Sheepinator weapon becomes available for purchase. It costs 40,000 bolts. Save up on bolts before going here or farm enemies/crates on another planet until you have enough bolts. Only progress on this planet after buying the Sheepinator. On your way to the Kalebo races, two helicopters and a huge dropship will spawn. Shoot down one of the helicopters with the Sheepinator weapon to get the “When Sheep Fly” trophy. If you miss this opportunity, you will have to start another playthrough in Challenge mode. The first helicopter spawns on Kerwan (the third planet, fairly early in the game). Challenge mode lets you keep your weapons — so Kerwan is the earliest place to get it in a new playthrough.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- The Hero of Heroes (Platinum): Collect every trophy in Ratchet & Clank.
- Super Trader (Gold): Complete every holocard set.
- Challenging (Silver): Complete the game in Challenge Mode.
- Ultimate Explorer (Silver): Collect every gold bolt.
- Full Gun Rack (Silver): Acquire every weapon in the game.
- Master of War (Silver): Upgrade every weapon to maximum level.
- These Go To Eleven (Silver): Unlock every modification for every weapon.
- Mr. Fancypants (Silver): Upgrade Ratchet’s health to maximum level.
- Tech Head (Silver): Acquire every gadget.
- Abby Normal (Silver): Collect every Telepathopus brain.
- Go Speed Ratchet, Go! (Silver): Win the Gold Cup on both Rilgar and Kalebo.
- Safecracker (Silver): Complete every Trespasser puzzle without using AutoHack.
- Maximising Potential (Silver): Upgrade one weapon to maximum level.
- Faster than a Speeding Amoeboid (Silver): Complete the hoverboard Gold Cup on Rilgar in under 1:35
- Kalebo Thunder (Silver): Complete the hoverboard Gold Cup on Kalebo in under 2:05
- Kerwan Gladiator (Silver): Complete the Fitness Course on Kerwan in under 70 seconds.
- Death By Disco (Bronze): Use the Groovitron on every type of enemy.
- Trader In Training (Bronze): Complete your first holocard set.
- Modder (Bronze): Complete your first Raritanium weapon mod.
- Cha-ching! (Bronze): Reach the maximum bolt multiplier in Challenge Mode.
- Trade Up (Bronze): Trade in a set of duplicate holocards for a new one.
Additionally, there are 26 secret trophies:
- The End Of The Beginning (Gold): Defeat Dr. Nefarious on the Deplanetiser.
- Basically Training (Bronze): Complete the Ranger tryouts on Veldin.
- The Little Robot That Could (Bronze): Escape from Victor on Quartu.
- The Rescuer (Bronze): Rescue the Mayor and Plumber on Novalis.
- Off To The Races (Bronze): Rescue Skidd and his agent on Aridia.
- You’re In The Rangers Now (Bronze): Become a Ranger on Kerwan.
- Winner Winner Sandshark Dinner (Bronze): Win the hoverboard Bronze Cup on Rilgar.
- Who’s A Good Snagglebeast? (Bronze): Defeat the Snagglebeast on Nebula G34.
- Braaaaaaaaaaaains (Bronze): Collect 30 brains for the Blarg Scientist on Gaspar.
- I Shot Down Your Battleship (Bronze): Shoot down the Blarg Battleships on Batalia.
- Zurkon Family Values (Bronze): Defeat Mrs. Zurkon on Quartu.
- Splashdown! (Bronze): Shoot down the hydroharvesters on Pokitaru.
- Ferocious Oxide (Bronze): Defeat Victor in the Phoenix.
- Radical (Bronze): Win the hoverboard Bronze Cup on Kalebo.
- A Change Of Heart (Bronze): Defeat Captain Qwark on the Deplanetiser.
- Clank Crusher (Bronze): Crush 5 gadgebots in the crusher on Quartu.
- That Sinking Feeling (Bronze): Knock a constructobot into the quicksand on Aridia.
- I Hate Lamp (Bronze): Break every lamp in Aleero City.
- Not My Job (Bronze): Allow the extermibots to kill 35 amoeboids in Rilgar.
- Top Gunner (Bronze): Defeat 40 enemies while jetpacking in Gaspar.
- When Sheep Fly (Bronze): Sheepinate a Blarg Helicopter Commander.
- Warbots Into Ploughshares (Bronze): Destroy 10 inactive Warbots inside the Quartu factory.
- Pool Sharks Are The Worst (Bronze): Get eaten by a Pool Shark in the Pokitaru Ocean.
- Character Assassination (Bronze): Destroy all of the planet models in Drek’s office.
- Et tu, Copernicus? (Bronze): Find Qwark’s Lounge on the Deplanitiser.
- Lazy Lombax (Bronze): Ride every catwalk without moving in Kalebo.