A sixteen year-old boy named Yap Wai Chung from Petaling Jaya, Malaysia electrocuted himself after his father told him that he had to cut down on his online gaming time.
His parents were worried about his addiction to video games and told him he had to limit his playing time to one hour a day. Afterwards, Wai Chung ate his dinner and continued to play his game while his parents went to bed. He then electrocuted himself.
“We rushed to the study and found Wai Chung on the floor with electrical wires around his body,” his father told the University Malaya Medical Center, where his body was sent for a post-mortem.
His father found a note by his computer asking his parents to give his beloved computer to a friend.