Infinite experience in Multiplayer mode
Go Sector 2-06 in Octo Canyon. At the entrance immediately after spawning, shoot the wooden box in front of you. Cover the ground and the platform below with ink, then swim through the ink and jump over to the bottom platform. Shoot the box on the right bottom area on that platform to get a food ticket. After collecting the food ticket, go to the menu, and return to Inkopolis Square. Repeat this process as many times as desired. You can only hold 99 tickets at a time. Use the tickets to buy unlimited Crusty Seanwiches from Crusty Sean, which boosts your experience earned in online battles by 50%. Note: This glitch was performed on an unpatched version of the game. It will probably eventually get patched. To avoid not being able to use this exploit, either do not install new patches before using this exploit or delete the patches. You can avoid patches being installed by disconnecting from the internet until you are ready for the game to install new patches.
Easy experience/coin tickets
Fully upgrade all the hero weapons in Single Player mode, including the Ink Tank and Bombs, to purchase coin tickets for 1,500 Power Eggs each.
Successfully complete the indicated lair in Story mode to unlock the corresponding hero weapon in Story mode:
- Hero Shot: Successfully complete Lair 1.
- Hero Roller: Successfully complete Lair 4.
- Hero Dualies: Successfully complete Lair 5.
- Hero Charge: Successfully complete Lair 6.
- Hero Slosher: Successfully complete Lair 10.
- Hero Splatling: Successfully complete Lair 13.
- Hero Blaster: Successfully complete Lair 19.
- Hero Brella: Successfully complete Lair 20.
- Hero Brush: Successfully complete Lair 22.
To unlock these weapons in Multiplayer mode, successfully complete all 27 lairs and five Boss fights in the campaign with a single hero weapon to unlock it in Multiplayer mode. Thus, you must complete all 27 lairs and five Boss fights in Story mode nine times to unlock all nine hero weapons.
Reach the indicated level in Multiplayer mode to unlock the corresponding weapon for purchase:
- .52 Gal: Reach Level 14.
- .96 Gal: Reach Level 21.
- Aerospray MG: Reach Level 6.
- Aerospray RG: Reach Level 28.
- Blaster: Reach Level 5.
- Carbon Roller: Reach Level 7.
- Clash Blaster: Reach Level 30.
- Custom Blaster: Reach Level 27.
- Custom E-Liter 4K: Reach Level 30.
- Custom E-Liter 4K Scope: Reach Level 30.
- Dapple Dualies: Reach Level 26.
- Dynamo Roller: Reach Level 20.
- E-Liter 4K: Reach Level 20.
- E-Liter 4K Scope: Reach Level 30.
- Enperry Splat Dualies: Reach Level 11.
- Firefin Splat Charger: Reach Level 16.
- Firefin Splatterscope: Reach Level 25.
- Flingza Roller: Reach Level 24.
- Goo Tuber: Reach Level 22.
- H-3 Nozzlenose: Reach Level 29.
- Heavy Splatling: Reach Level 8.
- Jet Squelcher: Reach Level 17.
- Krak-On Splat Roller: Reach Level 12.
- L-3 Nozzlenose: Reach Level 18.
- Luna Blaster: Reach Level 19.
- Mini Splatling: Reach Level 23.
- N-Zap ’85: Reach Level 9.
- Octobrush: Reach Level 10.
- Rapid Blaster: Reach Level 13.
- Slosher: Reach Level 5.
- Splash-o-Matic: Reach Level 25.
- Splat Charger: Reach Level 4.
- Splat Dualies: Reach Level 4.
- Splat Roller: Reach Level 4.
- Splatterscope: Reach Level 15.
- Splattershot: Reach Level 2.
- Splattershot Pro: Reach Level 10.
- Tentatek Splattershot: Reach Level 4.
- Tri-Slosher: Reach Level 15.
Successfully complete the single player campaign, then scan the indicated Amiibo to get the corresponding bonuses:
- Faster Swimming
- Faster Running
- Faster Super Jump
Gear Unlock: Hero Replica Armor
Inkling Boy (Blue)
- Special Charge Up
- Special Power Increase
- Quick Super Jump
Gear Unlock: Samurai Amor
Inkling Boy (Green)
- Special Saver
- Swimming Speed Boost
- Faster Respawn
Gear Unlock: Squinja Armor
Inkling Girl (Orange)
- Ink Saver
- High Recovery Speed
- Faster Swimming
Gear Unlock: School Outfit Armor
Inkling Girl (Red)
- Enhanced resistance to ink and bombs
Gear Unlock: Power Armor MK1
Inkling Squid (Green)
- Faster Respawn
- Higher Defense Against Bombs
- Ink Saver
Gear Unlock: Power Armor
- Ink Saver
- Special Charge Up
Gear Unlock: Armor Replica Outfit
All Sunken Scrolls and Sardinium locations
Search the indicated locations to find all Sunken Scrolls and Sardinium in the game:
Tentakeel Outpost (Sector 1)
- Overworld: Sunken Scroll – 3:21; Sardinium – 2:37
- Level 1: Sunken Scroll – 4:19; Sardinium – 4:04
- Level 2: Sunken Scroll – 4:49; Sardinium – 5:16
- Level 3: Sunken Scroll – 5:48; Sardinium – 5:35
- Boss Sardinium 6:28
Suction Cup Lookout (Sector 2)
- Overworld: Sunken Scroll – 6:46; Sardinium – 6:34
- Level 4: Sunken Scroll – 7:33; Sardinium – 7:16
- Level 5: Sunken Scroll – 8:09; Sardinium – 7:47
- Level 6: Sunken Scroll – 8:50; Sardinium – 8:29
- Level 7: Sunken Scroll – 9:47; Sardinium – 9:29
- Level 8: Sunken Scroll – 10:28; Sardinium – 10:07
- Level 9: Sunken Scroll – 10:55; Sardinium – 11:15
- Boss Sardinium – 11:38
Beaker’s Depot (Sector 3)
- Overworld: Sunken Scroll – 12:18; Sardinium – 12:01
- Level 10: Sunken Scroll – 13:16; Sardinium – 13:02
- Level 11: Sunken Scroll – 13:49; Sardinium – 14:18
- Level 12: Sunken Scroll – 14:44; Sardinium – 14:38
- Level 13: Sunken Scroll – 15:36; Sardinium – 15:13
- Level 14: Sunken Scroll – 15:57; Sardinium – 16:09
- Level 15: Sunken Scroll – 16:43; Sardinium – 16:31
- Boss Sardinium – 16:56
Slimeskin Garrison (Sector 4)
- Overworld: Sunken Scroll – 17:36; Sardinium – 17:16
- Level 16: Sunken Scroll – 18:45; Sardinium – 18:30
- Level 17: Sunken Scroll – 19:09; Sardinium – 19:34
- Level 18: Sunken Scroll – 19:44; Sardinium – 20:18
- Level 19: Sunken Scroll – 20:52; Sardinium – 21:45
- Level 20: Sunken Scroll – 22:53; Sardinium – 22:26
- Level 21: Sunken Scroll – 23:21; Sardinium – 23:34
- Boss Sardinium – 23:59
Cephalon HQ (Sector 5)
- Overworld: Sunken Scroll – 24:47; Sardinium – 24:24
- Level 22: Sunken Scroll – 26:50; Sardinium – 26:38
- Level 23: Sunken Scroll – 27:40; Sardinium – 27:29
- Level 24: Sunken Scroll – 28:27; Sardinium – 28:43
- Level 25: Sunken Scroll – 29:02; Sardinium – 29:38
- Level 26: Sunken Scroll – 29:58; Sardinium – 29:43
- Level 27: Sunken Scroll – 30:44; Sardinium – 30:30
- Boss Sardinium – 31:13
The following is a list of all abilities and their effect:
- Ink Saver: Reduce amount of ink your main weapon consumes.
- Ink Save: Reduce amount of ink your sub weapon consumes.
- Ink Recovery Up: Increase the rate it takes your ink-tank to fill.
- Run Speed Up: Increase movement speed.
- Swim Speed Up: Increase movement speed when in Squid form.
- Speed Charge Up: Increase rate it takes to fill Special Gauge.
- Special Saver: Reduce penalty of Special Gauge when splatted.
- Quick Respawn: Reduce Kill Cam respawn time.
- Quick Super Jump: Increase the speed of Super Jump.
- Sub Power Up: Increase sub-weapon competence.
- Ink Resistance Up: Improve walking through enemy ink along with reduction of enemy ink damage.
- Bomb Defense Up: Take less damage from blasts, sub weapons, and special weapons.
- Cold-Blooded: Reduce the active time of enemy Point Sensors and Ink Mines.
- Opening Cambit: Increase speed for both inkling and squid forms during last 30 seconds of gameplay.
- Last-Ditch Effort: Increase ink recovery and weapon competence during last 30 seconds of gameplay.
- Tenacity: Automatically have Special Gauge filled if your team has fewer players than enemy.
- Comeback: Increase abilities for a brief amount of time after respawn.
- Ninja Squid: Reduce swim speed but allows no trance of swimming.
- Haunt: Previous enemy takedown position will be revealed.
- Thermal Ink: Track distant players after being hit with your primary weapon.
- Respawn Punisher: Increase respawn time and special-gauge penalty for you and players who have splatted you.
- Ability Doubler: Increase effect of gear abilities.
- Stealth Jump: Hide Super Jump landing point.
- Object Shredder: Boost damage against non-player targets.
- Drop Roller: Perform a roll after a Super Jump.
Alternate online lobby music
When you are waiting to connect to a room while playing online, hold Up or Down on the Left Analaog-stick to change the pitch and tempo of the music. Hold Down on the Right Analog-stick to make the music sound muffled like you are underwater.