Superman Returns: The Videogame
Pause the game to display the “Fortress Of Solitude” menu. Then, enter one of the following codes at this menu to activate the corresponding cheat function. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a sound. Note: Some codes cannot be enabled until the Warworld level (level 3) has been completed.
- Play as Bizarro in Free Roam mode
Pause the game and press Up, Right, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. Then, fly to the marker at the top of the GNN building to change to Bizarro. To change back to Superman, go to the marker at the other end of Metropolis.
Infinite city health
Pause the game and press Y, Right, Y, Right, Up, Left, Right, Y.
Pause the game and press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, Y, X.
Pause the game and press Left, Y, Right, X, Down, Y, Up, Down, X, Y, X.
Pause the game and press Left, Up, Right, Down, Y, X, Y, Up, Right, X to unlock all bonuses.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding costume:
- Golden Age suit: Save Metropolis from the tornadoes
- Pod suit: Defeat Bizarro
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding trophy:
- Bizzaro Unchampion: Successfully complete all Bizzaro mini-games
- Globe Bowling: Pick up the Daily Planet globe
- Kitten Finder Extraordinaire: Rescue all 100 kittens
- Meteor Mayhem: Successfully complete Level 1
- Outstanding Valet: Pick up 500 cars
- Photo Finish: Defeat 500 opponents
Breaking the sound barrier
While flying as Superman at hyper speed, he goes through stages where after an amount of time of continuous flying he gains a burst in speed. He accelerates and becomes faster and faster. If you fly for long enough (flying a lap or two around the entire city above the sea is recommended), he eventually breaks the sound barrier. It is about the fourth jump in speed. You will know this has happened when the sound of him ripping through the air is suddenly silent. This is because Superman is traveling faster than his own sound.
In Research Park, by the Superman statue, there is a memorial to Derek Allman, one of the developers. The game is dedicated to the memory of him as said in the credits.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Hero of Metropolis (200 points): Complete all Metro Events and mini-games.
- Armageddon Averted (30 points): Complete Level 01: Meteor Storm.
- Mr. What’s-his-name (50 points): Complete all mini-games.
- You Am Bizarro! (20 points): Complete the Bizarro mini-game.
- Super Sonic (20 points): Finished all Fast Flyer mini-games.
- Mr. Whiskers (50 points): Find all kittens.
- Souped-Up Superman (30 points): Obtain all 15 power-ups.
- Frequent Flyer (30 points): Travel for 10,000 Miles.
- Roadside Assistance (30 points): Pick up 100 cars throughout the game.
- The Greatest Day (30 points): Play a total of 12 hours.
- Heavy Lifting (30 points): Lift 10,000 tons throughout the game.
Additionally, there are seven secret achievements:
- Warworld (50 points): Visited and dominated Warworld.
- Metallo Mastered (100 points): Stopped Metallo in the name of justice.
- Me aM savE yOU 100 points): By you is Bizarro not undefeated.
- The Mongul Hordes (100 points): Vanquished Mongul once again.
- Twisted (100 points): Saved Metropolis from the rampaging tornado.
- Versatile Fighter (30 points): Perform 99 fighting combos.
- Not That Super (0 points): Entered a cheat code.