The mobile arms dealer will become available early in the game once you meet Cassandra. When you need ammo, simply call the arms dealer to your location and switch to a different weapon. Equip the weapon before switching back to the weapon that has low ammo, and the ammo will be completely refilled for free. Repeat this as much as desired. Note: This glitch was performed on an unpatched version of the game. It will probably eventually get patched. To avoid not being able to use this exploit, either do not install new patches before using this exploit or delete the patches. You can avoid patches being installed by disconnecting from the internet until you are ready for the game to install new patches.Earning money
Collect money from rackets to earn a good amount of money. Your underbosses control rackets and collect money directly from them. You will need to visit your underbosses to get the money. There is a cap on the amount they can hold for you at a time. If you do not collect it, they will stop bringing money in from the rackets. Keep visiting your underbosses on a regular bases to collect the money. The cap will increase with game progression. Progressing through the story and having all three underbosses to command will unlock new ways to earn money, like Stealing Dead Drops and Following Bagmen. However, this method will not become available until you progress through the main storyline to meet Donovon on a bench in Barclay Mills. Progressing through the main storyline is important, especially getting closer to Vito Scaletta. Reach $140,000 to unlock the ability to hire someone to collect the racket money. This will allow you to Steal Dead Drops and Follow Bagmen instead of worrying about collecting racket money.Avoid losing money
All the money you earn is stored inside a safe. However, you must store the money manually by visiting the safe. Before going on a mission where you may die, always visit the safe to store your money. Otherwise, you will lose half the money in your wallet if you die.All Playboy magazine locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 50 Playboy magazines:
Delray Hollow (map locations)
1. Playboy (August 1966) - On a desk in the back of the Everyday Laundromat. There is also a Junction Box nearby.
2. Playboy (August 1964) - On a table in the basement of Sammy's Bar.
3. Playboy (November 1967) - On a desk inside the green house in the area.
4. Playboy (May 1964) - On the bar counter inside the Double Barrel Bar.
River Row (map locations)
1. Playboy (July 1964) - On a desk inside the Bayside Shipping warehouse.
2. Playboy (June 1966) - Behind the wall on a table in the kitchen area of Fresh Crab Shack.
3. Playboy (June 1963) - In the corner filing cabinet inside Baby Bear BBQ restaurant next to the table.
4. Playboy (February 1966) - On a large wooden table on the second floor catwalk in a large warehouse.
5. Playboy (May 1966) - At the top of the stairwell in a small two-story building.
6. Playboy (October 1967) - On a table in a shack in the River Row slums.
7. Playboy (December 1967) - Next to a wooden chair in a riverfront home near the bridge that has a wooden chair.
Pointe Verdun (map locations)
1. Playboy (July 1965) - On a bench near the cliff at the lighthouse.
2. Playboy (August 1967) - On a table in the green house.
3. Playboy (November (1965) - On a table outside a small house under the freeway.
4. Playboy (September 1968) - On a desk on the second floor of a large warehouse.
5. Playboy (August 1965) - On a black coach inside the garage next to the Bevers Moonshine.
6. Playboy (October 1965) - In a trailer office in the police station. Use stealth to avoid detection.
7. Playboy (May 1967) - On top of a bench in the Burke's Iron & Metal garage.
Barclay Mills (map locations)
1. Playboy (January 1964) - Find the building with the Red Draft billboard next to the large open hangar (garage). It is inside the garage/hangar, behind the trucks.
2. Playboy (September 1963) - On a table inside the wooden shack on the hill.
3. Playboy (February 1964) - On a table inside a cabin on the hill with a blue metal table on the porch.
4. Playboy (November 1963) - On the porch of the ranch house on the hill.
Downtown (map locations)
1. Playboy (January 1967) - On the desk inside the Auto Service office.
2. Playboy (November 1966) - Enter the sewers from the river tunnel (where you find the Revolución Cuba poster). It is on the bottom shelf of a small workbench.
3. Playboy (June 1967) - Hidden inside the yellow flowers next to the park monument.
4. Playboy (April 1965) - You access a construction yard behind Shaker's Jazz Club during the "Caver's Construction" mission. It is inside the trailer office.
5. Playboy (December 1964) - On a desk inside an office in a garage on the shoreline.
Tickfaw Harbor (map locations)
1. Playboy (October 1968) - Behind the bar inside Shooter's Bar.
2. Playboy (July 1967) - On a desk inside the small train depot in the rail yard.
3. Playboy (July 1962) - Go to the Bayside Shipping's main building that has a sign on top of it. There is a small building on the opposite side that has the magazine on a ledge on the roof.
4. Playboy (August 1962) - On a desk inside the small trailer office in the shipyard.
5. Playboy (May 1965) - Inside a small trailer office on the waterfront.
Frisco Fields (map locations)
1. Playboy (April 1967) - On the floor in the house on the lake.
2. Playboy (October 1968) - On top of the tower at Duvall Lookout.
3. Playboy (March 1967) - On the table in the backyard of a two-story house, with a little secondary home to the side (small enough to be a parking garage).
4. Playboy (March 1965) - Under a pergola, stacked between some chairs, in a house with a large backyard.
5. Playboy (September 1965) - In a small shack to the right of a wooden house.
French Ward (map locations)
1. Playboy (February 1962) - Near two lounge chairs outside a house among the trees and grass.
2. Playboy (February 1967) - On a workbench inside a small green garage sitting behind a red-brick house in the residential area.
3. Playboy (April 1961) - On a workbench inside a warehouse in the area with decking and four garage doors lining the side.
4. Playboy (November 1968) - On a grill under the pergola at a large house in the area.
Southdowns (map locations)
1. Playboy (September 1967) - In the stands of Neil A. Arthur Stadium.
2. Playboy (March 1968) - In a bathroom cabinet in a long green home near the bridge.
3. Playboy (March 1966) - In a room on a table near the window on the second floor at the Pearl Diver motel.
4. Playboy (December 1967) - Locate the building with rooftop access through a stairwell to the south side of the building. Enter through a green door to find it on the rooftop.
Bayou Fantom (map locations)
1. Playboy (June 1962) - On a table inside the old shack on the Bayou.
2. Playboy (June 1968) - On the workbench at the stilted shack over the water.
3. Playboy (August 1968) - In a bedroom at a small, broken down and aging shack among the trees.
4. Playboy (June 1968) - On a picnic table near the stilted, riverfront home on the Bayou.
5. Playboy (March 1962) - Inside the single shack in this area.
Alligators can be found in the rivers of the Bayou area (south of map). Stop a car on the road and shoot the civilian inside. Then, drop their body in the water near an alligator to get the "Bon Appétit!" trophy.Easy "Custom 358" trophy
This trophy requires a fast sports car, like the De'Leo Stiletto, which can be found (rare) randomly driving around in the Frisco Fields region (north-west of map). Other high-end sports cars also work, like the Samson Duke and Samson Opus, which both can be found (rare) randomly anywhere in the game. The route you want to take goes from south-west Frisco Fields over the bridge to Barclay Mills, through the tunnel and down the hill. Just follow the main road after passing the bridge. Since you will be driving downhill, you can easily keep your speed. Later in the game, you can also unlock upgrades that improve the speed of your vehicle. Thus, if you have any trouble, you can wait until later in the game.
A great farming spot to do this is where you encounter Molotov enemies for the first time, which is in the second story mission called "The Home Fires Burn", taking place in the Bayou. At the start of the mission, make sure you grab a weak pistol and keep it for later. After finding Baka, an enemy will throw a Molotov at you and you see a tutorial prompt on how to use Molotovs. Hide behind cover and one of the enemies on the right will always throw a Molotov at you. It usually takes him 20 seconds to throw it. He will shout "Throwing Molotov" or "Firebomb" or "Fire from the Sky" when he is about to throw it -- that is when you must shoot him with the pistol. It is important you use a low-damage pistol, otherwise your weapon might kill him. If you time it right, he will drop the molotov and burn himself. Run down to the other enemies and let them kill you (do not use checkpoint restart, as it may not track progress properly). Repeat this ten times to get the "Flambé" trophy. If something goes wrong, always let the enemies kill you. There are limited opportunities to get this trophy in the game. If you miss this opportunity, it is recommended you try this during a new game.Easy "I'm Goin' In!" and "Softened 'Em Up" trophies
Rackets are part of the story. After a few missions, you will learn how to attack racket bosses and unlock their objectives on the map. To lure them out, you must complete certain objectives that are marked on the map. Each racket has two enforcers. They are marked by a skull icon on the map. For the "I'm Goin' In!" trophy, do not go to these skull icons when doing the racket objectives. Instead, you will have to do all the other objectives to cause enough havoc to the racket. Collect all the money at the objectives. Interrogate informants to find new objectives. Sometimes there are also vehicles driving around that belong to the racket -- destroying them also counts as damage. After causing enough damage, talk to your contact to get the "I'm Goin' In!" trophy (before going to the actual racket Boss fight). For the "Softened Em' Up" trophy, do the exact opposite and kill the two enforcers (marked by skull symbols on map). There are a lot of rackets in the game -- so you will have plenty of chances to get these trophies.Easy "Never Saw It Coming" trophy
A good place to kill an enemy within two seconds of kicking open a door is when you kick open your very first door in the game -- in "The Home Fires Burn" (second story mission). Keep some enemies alive before kicking open the door to the Baka mini-boss. You cannot kill Baka -- so it does not work on him. After kicking open the door, turn around and shoot one of his goons. This is best done with a rifle or shotgun. Note: There are limited opportunities to do this throughout the story. If you miss this opportunity, it is recommended you try this during a new game.Easy "New Bordeaux Drifter" trophy
Go to the following location in the open world (also shown in the video). You can go there at any time. There is a safehouse/respawn point there. A car is parked in front of the respawn point. There is a good chance it is a "Berkley Gypsy". If you get a different car, kill yourself and you will get a new one (or drive away and come back later). Drive the car up the road, and then drift through the mud on the left side of the road. To drift, hold the brake and handbrake for a short moment and pull the left stick all the way to the left/right. You must drift for 5 seconds or longer in one go to get the "New Bordeaux Drifter" trophy.
Alligators can be found in the rivers of the Bayou area (south of map). Just jump in the water and swim around until an alligator kills you to get the "Next Time Swim Faster" trophy.Easy "One Good Turn" trophy
It is likely you will get this trophy naturally. Get a fast car and drive along the highway. Then, pull the handbrake and steer left or right. You have to make a 180 degree or more turn. Make sure you are driving fast enough or it will not count.Easy "Recruited To 5th SFG" trophy
A great place to get five headshots in five seconds is at French Ward police station (in center-north of map). There are many cops close together. Hide behind a wall or car and throw a "Screaming Zemi" in the garage where three cops are standing. It will lure all the cops from the police station. They will all stand around the Screaming Zemi to investigate. Take out your weapon (pistols and rifles work best) and quickly shoot them in the head. If you fail, let them kill you. You will respawn in a nearby safehouse and can try again. The Screaming Zemi is unlocked after defeating the first Racket Boss, very early in the game. You can buy it at any time from the Arms Dealer (who you can call from the weapon wheel).
This can be done anywhere against policemen and any enemies. After the first few story missions, you will learn how to perform brutal takedowns. At the end of a melee combo, hold Circle and release it at the right time. You will see a short quick time event with a button prompt. A small circle will fill up and you must release the button at the right time to perform a special type of takedown. There will also be an audio cue when you have done it correctly. Simply cause some chaos, let the police spot you, run up to them, perform three melee attacks in a row, then hold Circle. You must perform three of these finishers in a row, no other kills are allowed. It is recommended to bring some adrenaline shots to refill health and play on the Easy difficulty.Easy "Testing The Shock" trophy
This trophy requires a fast sports car, like the De'Leo Stiletto, which can be found (rare) randomly driving around in the Frisco Fields region (north-west of map). Other high-end sports cars also work. There is a construction site in the north-western corner of Frisco Fields (by the water). It has a large ramp made of dirt. Start driving from the end of the map to the ramp at the construction site. With enough speed, you will be able to reach 50+ meters easily. The car must land on its wheels to get the "Testing The Shock" trophy. There are many other ramps all over the map. Later in the game, you can also unlock upgrades that improve the speed of your vehicle. Thus, if you have any trouble, you can wait until later in the game.Easy "Wrecker" trophy
You can execute ten vehicle takedowns while being chased by the police. Bring a pistol with enough ammo and drive at high speeds. Then, press Triangle to aim at the police car's tires and shoot them when the little hit-marker turns green. You can toggle between the tires by pressing L1. At fast speeds, the police car will go up in flames and flip upside down. It only counts when the police car flips. Sometimes you only need to shoot one tire, sometimes two. To target them, you will also need to look behind you by pressing the Right Analog-stick. This does not have to all be done during one chase. You can let them kill you and refill ammo and do it again.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Let the Good Times Roll (Platinum): Obtained All Mafia III trophies.
- Sure Thing, Boss (Bronze): Unlocked all Associates.
- IRA Don't Ask (Bronze): Completed all of Burke's side-missions.
- I Need a Favor (Bronze): Completed all of Vito's side-missions.
- .45 in My Hand (Bronze): Completed all of Cassandra's side-missions.
- Cash in Hand (Bronze): Saved $150,000 between your wallet and the bank.
- Baby, You're a Rich Man (Bronze): Earned $500,000.
- Racketeer (Bronze): Got the maximum earn from one of your Rackets.
- Hole in Your Pocket (Bronze): Spent at least $500,000.
- Big Earner (Bronze): Received $10,000 in earn from one Underboss.
- The New Boss (Bronze): Flipped 16 Racket Bosses.
- Live Another Day (Bronze): Recruited 15 Racket Informants.
- No Loose Ends (Bronze): Killed all of the Racket Bosses.
- Can't Trust a Rat (Bronze): Killed 15 Racket Informants.
- Custom 358 (Bronze): Drove at 120 mph or faster for 20 seconds.
- Testing the Shocks (Bronze): While driving, performed a 50-meter jump and landed on your wheels.
- New Bordeaux Drifter (Bronze): While driving, drifted for at least 5 seconds.
- One Good Turn (Bronze): Made a 180 degree turn at high speed without hitting anything.
- Wrecker (Bronze): Executed 10 Vehicle Takedowns.
- Combat Specialist (Bronze): Killed 300 enemies via Takedowns.
- Shh, shh (Bronze): Performed 100 Stealth Takedowns on enemies.
- Closed Casket (Bronze): Performed 50 Brutal Takedowns.
- Softened 'Em Up (Bronze): Completely weakened a racket by killing all of its Enforcers.
- I'm Goin' In! (Bronze): Attacked a Racket without killing any Enforcers.
- Standard Communication Grid (Bronze): Wiretapped the Delray Hollow Smack Racket.
- Recruited to 5th SFG (Bronze): Performed 5 headshots in 5 seconds.
- Bon Appétit! (Bronze): Fed a body to an alligator.
- Next Time Swim Faster (Bronze): Got eaten by an alligator.
- Sending A Message (Bronze): Chained together 3 or more Brutal Takedowns.
- Code 112 (Bronze): Stole a Police car.
- Insurance Risk (Bronze): Escaped a Police Zone after being chased for 2 minutes.
- Never Saw it Coming (Bronze): Killed an enemy within 2 seconds of kicking open a door.
- Flambé (Bronze): Made 10 enemies kill themselves with their own Molotovs.
Additionally, there are 23 secret trophies:
- Before They Bury You (Gold): Complete "Before They Bury You.
- Pray on the Way Up (Bronze): Complete "Pray on the Way Up".
- It's a Brave New World (Bronze): Complete "It's a Brave New World".
- Fish Gotta Eat (Bronze): Complete "Fish Gotta Eat".
- Everyone Will Notice (Bronze): Complete "Everyone Will Notice".
- My Name is Lincoln Clay (Bronze): Complete "My Name is Lincoln Clay".
- Little Late for That (Bronze): Complete "Little Late for That".
- The Poor Sumb**** (Bronze): Complete "The Poor Sumb****".
- Burn Like Napalm (Silver): Complete "Burn Like Napalm".
- Certainly Was Exciting (Silver): Complete "Certainly Was Exciting".
- Yet Here We Are (Silver): Complete "Yet Here We Are".
- Somethin' I've Gotta Do (Bronze): Complete "Somethin' I've Gotta Do".
- For Old Time's Sake (Bronze): Complete "For Old Time's Sake".
- Cut & Run (Bronze): Complete "Cut & Run".
- We Partners Now (Bronze): Complete "We Partners Now".
- Real Nice Time (Silver): Complete "Real Nice Time".
- The Connection to Cuba (Bronze): Complete "The Connection to Cuba".
- There's a War Goin' On (Bronze): Complete "There's a War Goin' On".
- Jesuit in New Mexico (Bronze): Complete "Jesuit in New Mexico".
- We're in This Together (Bronze): Keep all Underbosses alive until "Yet Here We Are".
- Just You and Me (Bronze): Keep only one Underboss alive until "Yet Here We Are".
- Trust (Bronze): Reach the Loyal state with one Underboss.
- Family (Bronze): Reach the Loyal state with all three Underbosses.
The following trophies require the "Faster, Baby!" bonus downloadable content:
- Herbalist (Bronze): Reached the Max Herbalism level.
- Mr. Green Thumb (Bronze): Fully upgraded the Grow House.
- That Good Connect (Bronze): Sold a single batch of weed for $10,000 or more.
- Campaign Strategy (Bronze): Destroyed 10 of Slim's re-election billboards.
- Danger Close (Bronze): Killed 30 enemies using Proximity Mines.
- Trap Game Strong (Bronze): Successfully triggered 10 Vehicle Traps.
Additionally, there are four secret trophies with the "Faster, Baby!" bonus downloadable content:
- Another Brother Falls (Bronze): You survived the drive into Sinclair Parish.
- Kickin' Up Dust (Bronze): You helped MJ and Roxy get the Witnesses free.
- Ain't Nowhere Safer (Silver): You captured Slim Beaumont.
- Concerned Citizens (Bronze): You helped Irma, Jeremiah, and Christian.
The following trophies require the "Stones Unturned" bonus downloadable content:
- Operation: Deep Sleep (Bronze): Knocked out 30 people with the Dart Gun.
- Did I Forget Something? (Bronze): Placed an unconscious person in the trunk of a car.
- Big Fat Party Animal (Bronze): Killed 50 enemies using the Hartmann 7.62mm and wearing the Party Animal outfit.
- Skip Trace (Bronze): Completed all Bounty Hunting assignments.
- Spotter (Bronze): Killed 30 Enemies Using Sniper Support.
Additionally, there are five secret trophies with the "Stones Unturned" bonus downloadable content:
- Creature of Habit (Bronze): You investigated the scene.
- Devotchka (Bronze): You survived the trip to Boicherot's.
- Big Money (Bronze): You got a hot tip on a loose nuke.
- Aid and Comfort (Bronze): You helped Donovan end Connor Aldridge.
- There Are No Dominos (Silver): You secured the nuke.
The following trophies require the "Sign Of The Times" bonus downloadable content:
- Barkeep (Bronze): Began Sammy's Renovation.
- Amateur Bouncer (Bronze): Protected Sammy's from the Dixie Mafia.
- Pour Sammy! (Bronze): Fully renovated Sammy's.
- Pop, Pop (Bronze): Killed 4 enemies using Slow-Mo Shooting 10 Times.
- Blade of Death (Bronze): Killed 20 enemies using Throwing Knives.
- Street Rocket (Bronze): Drove a distance of 50 km in the Samson Harrier.
Additionally, there are four secret trophies with the "Sign Of The Times" bonus downloadable content:
- A Little Closure (Bronze): You investigated the cult's activities at Sammy's.
- Covered in Blood (Bronze): You met Bonnie Harless.
- Haunted Places (Bronze): Investigated the 3 "Places of Darkness".
- ...Worse Than Dying (Silver): You killed Bonnie Harless.