Review - Metro: Last Light Redux
Metro 2033 Redux
Armor and Stealth suits
Before entering the train car at Armory Station, you can purchase a Stealth Suit for 100 military cartridges from the vendor across from the Ammo Exchange. There is a vendor next to that one that sells an Armor Suit that decreases damage. Both suits can be worn simultaneously. A similar Armor Suit is also sold by a vendor next to the Ammo Exchange in Polis.Nightvision goggles
In addition to buying the Sneaking Suit at the Armory Station, you can get a pair of nightvision goggles at Front Lines. While in control of Artyom, turn around, and follow the train tracks. The nightvision goggles will be in a red breaker box guarded by two soldiers.Extending filter
Avoid jumping and sprinting to extend the use of your filter.S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series references
1. While in the Library, the two rangers will say the titles of several books. One of them is "Roadside Picnic" (1977) by the Strugatsky brothers, which is the book that Andrei Tarkovsky's 1979 movie "STALKER" was based on, which then was the inspiration behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl.
2. The first person you can talk to resembles a "loner" Stalker and says "Take it easy bro!"
3. The scene with the campfire with the guitar.
4. The winter mask that are on dead people.
There is an objective in "Outpost" regarding an S.O.S. message from "Defense". Go to the first Nazi controlled building, where a Demon snatches a fleeing Nazi, and fight through the area until reaching the upper level of that building. Find a hallway with three tripwire mines and two Demons. Get past the mines, then check the right room at the end of the corridor to find a ramp that provides access to the rooftop. You will find a corpse with a Kalashnikov on the rooftop. The communications apparatus for the trophy can be found in the corner of the rooftop.Easy "Generous" trophy
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Platinum (Platinum): Get all trophies.
- Air Bender (Bronze): Kill 50 humans with pneumatic weapons.
- Cowboy (Bronze): Kill 100 enemies using revolvers.
- Demolitionist (Bronze): Blow up the tunnel and airlock at CURSED STATION.
- DJ Artyom (Bronze): On the level OUTPOST reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message.
- Fire in the hole (Bronze): Kill 20 lurkers.
- Fire! (Bronze): Kill 30 enemies with flame grenades.
- Gunman (Bronze): Kill 100 enemies with shotguns.
- Heavy Reader (Bronze): Kill a librarian.
- Hedge-hopper (Bronze): On the level FRONTLINE kill all of the enemy Red Army and Fascist Soldiers.
- Hunter (Bronze): Kill 200 Mutants.
- Inquisitor (Bronze): Kill 2 demons.
- Invisible man (Bronze): Complete FRONTLINE level without killing anyone.
- Ka-Boom! (Bronze): Explode 30 enemies.
- Manhattan Project (Bronze): Spend 60 seconds in a Radiation Hotspot.
- Trigger Happy (Bronze): Kill 100 enemies with assault rifles.
- Toast! (Bronze): Drink at every occasion.
- Merciful (Bronze): Complete the level BLACK STATION without killing or knocking out any enemies.
- Metro Trader (Bronze): Make 30 deals in weapon shops.
- Snake (Bronze): Stealthily kill 15 Enemies.
- Ninja (Bronze): Kill 30 enemies with throwing knives.
- Nosalis hunter (Bronze): Kill 100 nosalises.
- Pathoanatomist (Bronze): Kill 5 amoebas.
- Blogger (Silver): Complete all 51 of Artyom's hidden Diary pages.
- Pyro (Bronze): Kill 30 enemies with a flamethrower.
- Quick Draw (Bronze): On the level HUNTER kill the nosalises before they break through the ventilation grilles.
- Raider (Bronze): On the level DEPOT silently kill the first guard and break into the Fascist station unnoticed.
- Ranger (Bronze): Find all Ranger stashes in Dead City.
- Rescue Ranger (Silver): Save a group of Reds from Fascist captivity.
- Thief (Silver): Open 15 locked safe boxes.
- Scrooge (Bronze): Save 1000 military-grade rounds.
- Shocking (Bronze): Get 30 kills with Hellbreath.
- Slice & Dice (Bronze): Kill 30 human enemies in close combat.
- Sniper (Bronze): Kill 30 human enemies with headshots.
- Marksman (Bronze): Kill 15 human enemies with Headshots from at least 30 meters' distance.
- Soft Touch (Bronze): Disarm 15 wire traps.
- Spartan 2033 (Gold): Complete the game in Spartan Mode.
- Spider hunter (Bronze): Kill 10 Spiders.
- Stunning (Bronze): Knock 30 human enemies out in close combat.
- Survivor 2033 (Silver): Complete the game in Survival Mode.
- Tank (Bronze): Kill 10 Enemies without taking any damage.
- Tonic Man (Bronze): Use a Medkit 75 times.
- Warrior (Bronze): Kill 100 Human Enemies.
- Watchman hunter (Bronze): Kill 50 Watchmen.
- Weaponsmith (Silver): Kill at least one enemy with each weapon available in the game
- Wheeler-Dealer (Bronze): Exchange 500 Military-Grade 5.45 rounds at Exchange kiosks.
- Who goes there? (Bronze): Wipe your Gas Mask 20 times.
Additionally, there are three secret trophies:
- Enlightened (Gold): Find the truth.
- Generous (Bronze): Help the poor, a coin for the kid, medicine for the sick. You help everyone you see.
- If it's hostile, you kill it. (Gold): Become a true ranger.
Metro: Last Light Redux
To get the "Redemption" (good) ending, you must perform as many good actions as possible and kill as few humans as possible, like sparing the lives of soldiers who surrender voluntarily and saving women and children. You can also perform good actions by exploring the environment, or eavesdropping on the stories NPCs tell in the cities around the metro. You will know you performed a good action when you see a brief flash of white after someone finishes a story or you save the life of a human. The following is a list of some of the actions that cause the gain and loss of morality points. Note: Completing all actions listed below are not required to get the best ending, but performing as many as possible will improve the chances of getting the best ending. If you do not perform enough good actions, you will get the "C'est La Vie" (bad) ending.
- Being generous with bullets (give to beggars)
- Doing exactly what NPCs instruct
- Finding hidden ammo caches on "Quarantine"
- Listening to dialogue in populated areas (exploration)
- Listening to NPC stories
- Playing musical instruments
- Rescuing women and children
- Returning the crying child's teddy bear in "Venice"
- Seeing all visions in "Dead City"
- Sparing surrendering soldiers
- Successfully complete "Bridge" without killing humans
- Successfully complete "Facility" without killing humans
- Successfully complete "Revolution" without killing humans
- Successfully complete "Separation" without killing humans
- Killing humans
- Killing surrendering soldiers
- Stealing in populated areas
Search the indicated locations to find all 43 of Artyom's hidden diary pages:
1. Chapter 1 - Sparta: After meeting a comrade with a rifle, you will need to use an elevator to continue the mission. Look on the chair to the right of the elevator (before using it) to find a diary page.
2. Chapter 2 - Ashes: Before using the ladder at the start of the chapter to exit through the sewer grate, continue down the path instead. Use the lighter to clear away the webs, and look in the dark corner on the right to find a diary page.
3. Chapter 3 - Pavel: After collecting throwing knives from a dead body, look across the chamber to see a wooden crate with a diary page on top.
4. Chapter 4 - Reich: At the beginning of the chapter, check the desk straight ahead to find a diary page.
5. Chapter 5 - Separation: After separating from your female comrade, you will need to get through an area full of enemies. Look inside the second story of the base building to find a diary page on an old terminal.
6. Chapter 5 - Separation: When you encounter a man who surrenders before reaching the exit of the area, look on the desk near the man to find a diary page.
7. Chapter 6 - Facility: Near the end of the chapter, you will need to activate a switch. Before continuing to meet Pavel, look inside a nearby optional room to find a diary page on a desk.
8. Chapter 7 - Torchlight: After climbing the subway car, check the skeleton on the right to find a diary page.
9. Chapter 7 - Torchlight: After leaving Pavel behind to turn on the power, you will enter a eerie nesting ground. Look left just after entering the area to find a dead body with a diary page.
10. Chapter 8 - Echoes: Check the bar top near the start of the chapter to find a diary page.
11. Chapter 8 - Echoes: After the quick flashback cutscene, look on the ground next to Pavel to find a diary page.
12. Chapter 9 - Bolshoi: When Pavel says to continue onward after getting past two sentries, step through a blanket to find several bunks. Check the lower left bunk bed to find a diary page.
13. Chapter 9 - Bolshoi: Outside the theater, look on a bench before going inside to find a diary page.
14. Chapter 11 - Revolution: After encountering three enemies, continue down the stairs, but stop before entering the next guarded area. Near the area's exit door is a desk with a diary page on it.
15. Chapter 11 - Revolution: When you encounter a soldier working out, defeat the roaming soldiers, then check the back corner of the room to find a diary page.
16. Chapter 11 - Revolution: After using the switch to get by the killer fans, check a desk near the switch to find a diary page.
17. Chapter 11 - Revolution: After getting past the fans and going down a ladder, you will reach two talking soldiers. Near the soldiers is a desk with a diary page on it.
18. Chapter 12 - Regina: Look for a doorway that is blocked by water. Get through the flooded area to find a dead body at the end of the path next to a vent cover with the diary page. Grab the diary page before you are ambushed.
19. Chapter 13 - Bandits: After rescuing a tied man and getting by the radiation-poisoned areas, look for an open bathroom with the diary page on a white suit.
20. Chapter 13 - Bandits: Go down the right path of the main railway when it splits, and look for a door leading into a room where a captured man is being tortured. Defeat the enemies, then grab the diary page next to the torture victim.
21. Chapter 14 - Dark Waters: At the beginning of the chapter, look on the boat as you board to find a diary page.
22. Chapter 15 - Venice: After being lead to a desk by an NPC, look to the left to find a box with a diary page.
23. Chapter 15 - Venice: The diary page is right where you find Pavel, near a strip club.
24. Chapter 16 - Sundown: Look for a wrecked ship with a red stripe. Near the tanker is another building guarded by tentacle creatures. Go inside the building, and check the right rooms to find a diary page on a desk.
25. Chapter 17 - Nightfall: Go inside the first building of the chapter (it contains a pair of night-vision goggles), and look for an optional room to the left of the fallen wall ramp. The diary page is in the left room, against the back wall on the ground.
26. Chapter 19 - Contagion: When you encounter a burning area where soldiers are patrolling, one guard will have his back to a subway car inside a large square room. The diary page is inside that subway car.
27. Chapter 20 - Quarantine: After talking with some NPCs, they will lead you into a crowd. However, do not follow them just yet. Instead, turn around to find the diary page on a desk.
28. Chapter 20 - Quarantine: Before meeting up with Khan, look across the door to find a diary page on a desk.
29. Chapter 21 - Khan: When meeting with Khan and he is looking up in a curved chamber, search for a locker near a corpse to find a diary page.
30. Chapter 22 - The Chase: After boarding the train car, look to the right to find a box with a diary page on it.
31. Chapter 23 - The Crossing: After hearing a small fragment of dialogue about wearing clothes past the ad sign, you will be directed up a flight of stairs. Check the alcove to the right of the stairs to find some dead bodies and a diary page among the corpses.
32. Chapter 23 - The Crossing: While on the ice, you will find a sunken boat sticking halfway out of the ice floor. Look at the top of it to find a diary page.
33. Chapter 24 - Bridge: Before going up the escalators, look for an office on the left to find a diary page on a desk inside.
34. Chapter 25 - Depot: After a mysterious figure appears behind bars, a door will open allowing you to continue. Continue through the newly opened passage, and enter the first door leading left. Look in the back corner of the room with the bars to find a diary page.
35. Chapter 26 - The Dead City: Early in the chapter, look for a table with a phone to find a diary page next to it.
36. Chapter 26 - The Dead City: After being attacked by the mutant, just as you step off the ladder onto the building roof, look by its nest to find a diary page.
37. Chapter 27 - Red Square: At the beginning of the chapter, look to the left, and search the skeletons in the catacomb to find a diary page.
38. Chapter 27 - Red Square: After going down into a flooded room, an enemy will run by you. Investigate the enemy's location to find a tunnel entrance. Keep exploring down the tunnel to find a corpse, with a diary page right next to the body.
39. Chapter 28 - The Garden: After a brief encounter with the Mother, it will leave before the final confrontation. Look to the left to find a diary page near a dead body.
40. Chapter 28 - The Garden: Near the end of the chapter, you will need to go up a set of stairs. Look left after going up the stairs to find a diary page.
41. Chapter 29 - Polis: Before entering the double doors and stepping into the area full of people, look to the left to find an old couch with a diary page.
42. Chapter 30 - D6: After the speech, check the radio next to the weapon merchant before continuing to find a diary page near it.
43. Chapter 30 - D6: After destroying the tanks and jumping onto the final platform, look to the right to find the final diary page near an ammo cache.
Search the indicated locations to find and play all 17 musical instruments and get the "Musician" trophy. There are only four types of instruments: Accordion, Balalaika, Guitar, and Piano. Note: There is no progress tracker for the instruments -- so make sure you do not forget any of them. Additionally, finding and playing them through chapter select will not work (even if you play the chapter until the end). You must find and play all instruments in the correct order during one playthrough.
During "The Dead City" chapter, there are a total of seven visions you must see to get the "Back To The Past" trophy. The visions make the world around you feel more alive for a few seconds. Everything will get brightly colored, and the environment will change to what it once was. Four of the visions are triggered automatically, and there is no way to miss them. So only three of them need to actually be found. The first one can be found after the playground vision, once you come out of the underground area, in a house to your right (before the car accident vision). The second one is a woman in the shower in a house on the left, after the car accident vision. The third one can be found when taking the stairs down the roof, in a small side room. You will get the trophy after seeing the seventh vision inside the old Metro.Easy "Forest Guardian" trophy
After the Boss fight with the bear in "The Garden" chapter, you will see some Watchmen attacking the back of the bear. Kill all three Watchmen to get the "Forest Guardian" trophy.Easy "Freedom!" trophy
After going through the prison in the "Pavel" chapter, you will have to use an elevator. You will then be in an office area with a lot of guards. After eliminating the guards, you will need to open a gate with your comrade. Before opening the gate, check the control panel on the right. There is a red switch. Activate it to free the prisoners and get the "Freedom!" trophy.Easy "Patron Of The Arts" trophy
During the "Bolshoi" chapter, you will go through a theater. In the front row, on the right side, is an open seat. Sit down, and wait approximately 10 minutes until the show is over. Do not go anywhere near the exit door. Shortly after the announcer says "Thank you and please come again", you will get the "Patron Of The Arts" trophy.Easy "Rain Man" trophy
During the entire "Bridge" chapter, you cannot kill any enemies to get the "Rain Man" trophy. The chapter is close to the end of the game. You can basically do two things to avoid killing any enemies: sneak around enemies quietly or run through the level as fast as possible. Running is easier and you will not run out of air (your gas mask consumes air over time, and you will die if it is empty). Just do not attack any of the enemies, and try not to get hit -- and use med packs, if necessary.Easy "Reunion" trophy
Shortly after the "Venice" chapter begins, you will have to go to a strip club. Instead of going inside the strip club, go left to find a man offering a mini-game for 10 coins. The goal is to simply kill all the mice within the time limit. Win the mini-game three times, and the man will give you a teddy bear. Give the teddy bear to the child with his mother in the same room to get the "Reunion" trophy.Easy "Revenge" trophy
During the "Red Square" chapter, you will hunt down Pavel. After wounding him, he will be attacked by demon hands. You can either walk towards him to save his life, or stand back and watch him dying. To get the "Revenge" trophy, Pavel must die. Thus, stand back and wait until a new cutscene begins.Easy "Savior" trophy
At the end of the "Contagion" chapter, you will go through a burning area and encounter Lesnitsky. He will be holding a hostage. You can either shoot him in the head or wait for instructions. To get the "Savior" trophy, you cannot shoot him. Just stand still and wait until he tells you to take off your gas mask. Take it off manually, and he will release the hostage.Easy "Scram" trophy
During the "Regina" chapter, you will drive a railcar. Eventually, you will have to push another railcar out of the way. At that point, the Watchmen (mutated dog-like creatures) will attack you. To get the "Scram" trophy, you cannot allow any of them to reach your railcar -- so you have to kill them very quickly. It is recommended to use military rounds instead of the normal ammo, as it does a lot more damage and will make completing this task much easier.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Platinum (Platinum): Get all trophies.
- Air! (Bronze): Spend 30 minutes' worth of Filters.
- Back to the Past (Bronze): See all Visions in the Dead City.
- Clean Escape (Bronze): Escape the chasing Nazis on the REICH level without being caught once.
- Commando (Silver): Rescue the Women and Children on the BANDITS level without raising alarm.
- Derailed (Bronze): Kill all armed enemies on the REVOLUTION level, including all reinforcements.
- Edison (Bronze): Turn off 40 Lights without breaking them.
- Engineer (Bronze): Use 10 Lever Switches.
- Ever Vigilant (Bronze): Disarm 10 Traps.
- Invisible Intruder (Bronze): Complete the SEPARATION level without killing or raising alarm.
- Invisible Savior (Bronze): Complete the FACILITY level without killing or raising alarm.
- Invisible Soldier (Bronze): Complete the REVOLUTION level without killing and raising an alarm.
- Cheers! (Bronze): Drink at every occasion.
- Mouse (Bronze): Complete the ECHOES level undetected by the Watchmen.
- No shooting allowed (Bronze): Kill 10 enemies in a row with Throwing Knives.
- Patron of the Arts (Bronze): Watch the entire Theater Show.
- Published (Silver): Complete all 43 of Artyom's hidden Diary pages.
- Pyromaniac (Bronze): Burn 50 Cobwebs.
- Rain Man (Bronze): Complete the BRIDGE level without a kill.
- Reunion (Silver): Find and return the crying child's Teddy Bear.
- Scram (Bronze): Kill all Watchmen before they reach the Railcar.
- Shadow (Bronze): Stealthily kill 15 Enemies.
- Soldier (Bronze): Kill 100 Human Enemies.
- Tortoise (Bronze): Make 10 Spiders flip belly-up.
- Veteran (Bronze): Choose three primary weapons that use different ammo.
- Survivor 2034 (Gold): Complete the game in Survival Mode.
- Spartan 2034 (Silver): Complete the game in Spartan Mode.
- Master Thief (Bronze): Open 10 locked safe boxes.
- Saboteur (Bronze): Complete the SNIPER TEAM level.
- Kshatriya (Bronze): Complete the KSHATRIYA level.
- Hail Reich! (Bronze): Complete the HEAVY SQUAD level.
- Test Complete (Bronze): Complete the TOWER level.
- Through the Fire (Bronze): Complete the SPIDER LAIR level.
- Developer (Silver): Spend 1 hour on the DEVELOPER level.
- Heads Up! (Bronze): Complete the PAVEL level.
- No Way Out (Bronze): Complete the KHAN level.
- The Sunset of Hope (Bronze): Complete the ANNA level.
- Antibiotic (Bronze): Kill 100 Mutants.
- Rabbit (Bronze): Complete training sequence.
- Not A Rabbit (Bronze): Finish the ASHES level without taking a hit.
Additionally, there are ten secret trophies:
- Big Momma (Bronze): Kill the Rhino.
- C'est la vie (Gold): Destroy D6.
- Forest Guardian (Bronze): Save the Bear from the Watchmen after the fight.
- Freedom! (Bronze): Free the Prisoners.
- Redemption (Gold): Save D6.
- Revelation (Bronze): Make Moskvin tell the truth with help from the Dark One.
- Revenge (Bronze): Kill Pavel.
- Savior (Bronze): Remove your mask when Lesnitsky demands it.
- Secret (Bronze): Find out about the Reds' plans.
- Within a Hair of Death (Bronze): Escape from the Red Line.