This trick allows you to earn 10,000 XP and 2,000 salvage or more approximately every 5 minutes. It can be done solo or with other players. At the Multiplayer menu, create a private match. Select Rescue mode, and choose the Beach map. Select the Survivor team, then customize your Loadouts. Choose the top option, and when you are at a high enough level, select "Second Wind" as your Offensive Skill. Leave the Survival Skill set to "Advanced Looting". Exit the Loadouts screen, and select "Match Options". Change the "Time Limit" to any time desired. This method usually takes 8-10 minutes to complete. Set the "Medkits To Retrieve" option to "20". Start the match. Then, retrieve the medkits scattered randomly around the map as quickly as possible. Even though the medkits spawn randomly, there are some locations the medkits will always appear. Once you appear on the map, there will be a circle near the spawn point where medkits are dropped off. A white waypoint icon will appear off in the distance showing where the medkit is located. Simply sprint to each waypoint, and collect the medkits as they appear, then return them to the drop-off point. On the way to each of the medkits, you can stop and collect salvage. The salvage respawns pretty quickly after collecting it. Keep doing this until the match ends. You can then start a new match, and repeat the process. Note: You can quite in-between rounds and will still retain all XP and salvage you have obtained.
Search the indicated locations to find all seven optional tombs. Solve the puzzle in each tomb using the indicated solution to get a reward for each tomb completed. Complete all seven optional tombs to get the "Intellectually Superior" achievement.
Tomb Of The Unworthy
Location: Travel to the Mountain Village once you have obtained the Climbing Axe, and return to the Tomb Of The Unworthy camp at the base of the waterfall (right before the Climbing Axe is required to progress further). Then, use the axe to enter the tomb.
Solution: To solve the puzzle in the tomb, you must first light the torch. Use the pot to light it, or use your flint if you have acquired it. Then, burn the bodies on the mesh platform, and push off the extra weight nearby to allow the lift to raise up enough for Lara to climb to the top and reach the treasure chest.
Reward: Mountain Village Relic Map
Halls Of Ascension Tomb
Location: Travel to the Overlook camp in the Mountain Village, where Lara went to find the rescue plane's smoke signal, once you have the rope arrows and Firestarter flint. Use a rope arrow to reach the north ledge to follow the upper route. Use a second rope arrow to reach the tomb entrance.
Solution: To solve this puzzle, first look around the room. There is an open window on the left, and a platform hanging by ropes in the center. Start by closing the shutters on the left with the crank, then turn the crank in the center to raise the platform. The shutters on the left will slowly open. Then, quickly run onto the platform once it has been raised, and wait for the second shutter to open. Once it opens, a strong gust of wind will blow the platform right and high. On the right, a flat wooden board will appear for Lara to jump to and hang on from the ledge. Move along the ledges to reach a long hallway with the treasure chest at the end.
Reward: Mountain Village GPS Cache Map
Well Of Tears
Location: Travel to the Helicopter Hill camp in Shantytown. You will need a rope arrow to pull open the tomb entrance and drop in. Travel through the town to reach a building painted with white murals and protected with boobytraps. Destroy the floor to drop into a cave below, which leads down a straight path to the tomb.
Solution: Inside the tomb, there is a hanging platform above. Collect the yellow canisters one by one, and throw them onto the platform to lower it. Once it is on the ground, stand on the platform, and remove the canisters. Next, step off, and use the upper ledge to jump onto the raising platform, then quickly jump onto the left ledge to reach the area with the treasure chest.
Reward: Shantytown Relic Map
Chamber Of Judgement
Location: From the Windmill camp in Shantytown, travel to the eastern caves below the gondola station in the southern part of the town, and slide down the surface to reach the ledges across the gap. Follow the right passage after climbing up the ledge, and cross the wooden beam bridge to reach a narrow entrance to the tomb.
Solution: Collect the yellow canisters around the tomb, and place them on the raised section of the seesaw to weigh it down. Jump to one, and use a rope arrow on the other. Use the raised seesaw to jump to the rock wall. Move along the rock wall using the climbing axe to reach a ladder. Climb the ladder to reach the area with the treasure chest.
Reward: Shantytown GPS Cache Map
Location: Travel to the Hunting Lodge camp in the Summit Forest, and go north beyond the bridge. There is a lamppost next to the tomb entrance.
Solution: Use two fire arrows to set off explosives and gas to solve this puzzle. Explode the gas with a fire arrow, cross it, then destroy the explosive crates on the ledge to clear the pathway. Then, climb up the rock wall to reach the treasure chest.
Reward: Summit Forest Relic Map
Temple Of The Handmaidens
Location: At Shipwreck Beach, travel to the zipline north of the Survivor's camp to reach a barricade blocking the way to a bunker. Use the Rope Ascender to break the barricade, and follow the path. Use rope arrows to continue into a cave leading to the tomb.
Solution: Use the crank at the entrance to raise a platform and allow the buoy to move left. Climb the ledge left to follow the buoy as it releases a turning pole. Use it to jump the gap, then use a rope arrow on the white roped beam below. Wait for the buoy to move forward, and push the beam perpendicular with Lara. Once it lines up, jump to the bar to reach a rock wall using the Climbing Axe, allowing you to reach the area with the treasure chest.
Reward: Shipwreck Beach GPS Cache Map
The Flooded Vault
Location: At Shipwreck Beach, the tomb is located on your way to the Cliffside Bunker. You will need the Climbing Axe, Prying Axe, and some rope arrows. Climb to the top of the bunker, and go through the narrow passage to reach the tomb entrance.
Solution: Press the button up the stairs, then press the button beside the door near the entrance to enter the tomb. Inside the tomb, there is electricity surging through the water and a floating platform. Light the anchor rope on fire to release the floating platform, then shoot the wooden barrier on the right with the shotgun. Shoot a rope arrow through the new opening in the barrier at the platform to pull it closer. Pull the platform to the steps, then use rope arrows to pull the beam at the far end of the room, raising the generator and stopping the electricity in the water. Pull the generator up, jump right to the platform, pull the generator again, and continue through the water. Finally, pull up the generator, then pull the platform underneath the generator to make the water safe to cross, allowing you to reach the area containing the treasure chest.
Reward: Shipwreck Beach Relic Map
Search the indicated locations to find all 14 treasure maps. The treasure maps will reveal the location of all relics, GPS caches, and documents on the in-game world map. You will be able to set waypoints for every collectible. Additionally, buying the "Cartography" (Tier III survival) skill will automatically unlock all treasure map locations on the world map. Note: Some of the treasure maps are a reward for completing optional tombs.
1. On the eastern area of the map, there is a dilapidated bridge near a waterfall. To reach the waterfall, look for a rock ledge with a wooden plank. Jump from the plank to the beam on the bridge to reach another wooden platform on a tree. A treasure map is on the crate. Its coordinates are 53N 712382 UTM3416116.
2. After climbing up a ladder and facing a large dilapidated building, take the left path to reach a waterfall. Jump into the water at the base of the waterfall to find a secret cave, which leads into a hidden alcove with a treasure map on a crate.
3. At the Radio Tower camp, use the zipline to go east to reach the building below. You will land near a burning trash can, and a treasure map is behind it.
4. Locate and successfully complete the Tomb Of The Unworthy optional tomb to get a treasure map.
5. Locate and successfully complete the Halls Of Ascension optional tomb to get a treasure map.
6. Locate and successfully complete the Well Of Tears optional tomb to get a treasure map.
7. Locate and successfully complete the Chamber Of Judgement optional tomb to get a treasure map.
8. Locate and successfully complete the Temple Of The Handmaiden optional tomb to get a treasure map.
9. Locate and successfully complete The Flooded Vault optional tomb to get a treasure map.
10. At the Catacombs camp, go north to reach wooden beams and a cage. Climb the beams and bars above the cage, and keep going up to reach a hidden platform. A treasure map is nearby.
11. Go to this area once you have the Rope Ascender, and return to the room with the big cannon and breakable barrier inside. Use the Rope Ascender to break through the wall. Continue through the wall to find a treasure map.
12. Locate and successfully complete the Stormguard Sanctum optional tomb to get a treasure map.
13. This treasure map can only be reached once Lara drops the elevator. On the first level of the base, go through the holes in the wall to reach tracks leading to a striped turn-table device. Go past this circle, and look on some nearby crates to find a treasure map.
14. Progress through this area until reaching a large room with a pendulum in the center. Climb the wooden walkways, ramps, and rungs to reach the top level. After climbing up to the wooden ledge, look to the right for a table with the final treasure map.
Search the indicated locations in the videos below to find all collectible locations for all 13 challenges. Each challenge requires you to find some collectibles. There are just 4-10 collectibles per challenge. After completing the story, you will enter Free Roam mode, where you can still complete all of the challenges. Every time you obtain one of the collectibles, the game will automatically save. Successfully complete all challenges to get the "Inconceivable!" achievement.
Ghost Hunter Challenge Collectibles (All Totem Locations)
Pyromaniac Challenge Collectibles (All Lantern Locations)
Egg Poacher Challenge Collectibles (All Egg Locations)
Illumination Challenge Collectibles (All Statue Locations)
Non-Believer Challenge Collectibles (All Banner Locations)
Laid to Rest Challenge Collectibles (All Effigy Locations)
Silencer Challenge Collectibles (All Alarm Locations)
Firestarter Challenge Collectibles (All Sack Locations)
Red Cap Roundup Challenge Collectibles (All Mushroom Locations)
Mine Sweeper Challenge Collectibles (All Mine Locations)
Cairn Raider Challenge Collectibles (All Cairn Locations)
Previous Inhabitants Challenge Collectibles (All Flag Locations)
Sun Killer Challenge Collectibles (All Totem Locations)
While going through Shantytown, you will be ambushed on a rooftop. Enemies will be throwing dynamite at you. Equip the shotgun or rifle, and shoot one bundle of dynamite out of the air to get the "Boom Goes The Dynamite" trophy.Easy "Chatterbox" trophy
During the course of the story, there are seven occasions where you can talk to your friends. You must listen to everything they have to say. If you miss a single conversation, you will not get the "Chatterbox" trophy during that playthrough. Keep talking to each person until the "X" symbol above their head is gone. You will also see the Tomb Raider auto-save logo flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen when all conversations with one person have been completed. You need to talk to the following people:
- 1. Before searching for 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman.
- 2. After finding the 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman again (do not repair the Axe yet)
- 3. After helping Roth (where the wolves attack him), talk to Roth.
- 4. Shortly after getting the Rope Arrows, you will meet Roth again. Talk to him before using the zipline.
- 5. When reaching the shipwreck beach, you will meet your friends. Talk to Sam, Reyes, and Jonah.
- 6. Before going to the Endurance to help Alex and get the tools, talk to Whitman, Sam, Jonah, and Reyes at the beach camp. Reyes is on the boat.
- 7. After coming back from the Endurance, talk to Whitman, Reyes, and Jonah.
After meeting up with your friends at Shipwreck Beach, a new mission called "Gone Missing" will begin. From the camp of your friends, go down to the beach. In the sand are some crabs. Shoot one of the crabs with a pink heart on its shell to get the "Crab Cakes" trophy. If they do not spawn, go back to the camp, and return to the beach after a minute or so.Easy "Epic Fumble" trophy
In the Shantytown area, there are a lot of enemies that will throw dynamite at you. They usually look like construction workers and have a yellow helmet on their head. When they are about the throw the dynamite, shoot them with any weapon, and they will drop it. There are usually some enemies around them -- so there is a good chance it will kill two people and you will get the "Epic Fumble" trophy.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- True Survivor (Platinum): Unlock every Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition trophy.
- Bookworm (Bronze): Find 25% of all documents.
- Historian (Bronze): Find 75% of all documents.
- Relic Hunter (Bronze): Collect 25% of all relics.
- Archaeologist (Bronze): Collect 75% of all relics.
- Looking for Trouble (Bronze): Find 25% of GPS caches.
- Bag Full O' Cache (Bronze): Find 75% of GPS caches.
- No Stone Left Unturned (Gold): Find all documents, relics and GPS caches.
- Scrounger (Bronze): Collect 5000 pieces of salvage.
- Picky (Bronze): Loot 200 enemies.
- Clever Girl (Silver): Purchase all skills in one category.
- Lethal (Silver): Purchase all skills in all categories.
- Now We're Getting Serious (Bronze): Fully mod and completely upgrade any weapon.
- The Professional (Silver): Fully mod and completely upgrade all weapons.
- Big Game Hunter (Bronze): Kill and loot 10 large animals (deer, boar, wolves).
- Tastes Like Chicken! (Bronze): Kill and loot 10 small animals (rabbits, chickens, rats).
- Feather Duster (Bronze): Kill and loot 10 flying animals (crows and gulls).
- Sharp Shooter (Bronze): Perform 50 headshot kills in the single player campaign.
- Predator (Bronze): Kill 50 enemies with the bow.
- Equalizer (Bronze): Kill 75 enemies with the rifle.
- Widowmaker (Bronze): Kill 40 enemies with the shotgun.
- Gunslinger (Bronze): Kill 35 enemies with the pistol.
- Epic Fumble (Bronze): Force an enemy to drop dynamite that kills two people when exploding.
- Get Over Here! (Bronze): Rope pull 5 enemies off edges.
- Opportunist (Bronze): Kill 25 unaware enemies.
- Down and Dirty (Bronze): Perform 15 finishers.
- Deadeye (Bronze): Shoot 10 enemies off zip lines.
- Former Adventurer (Bronze): Incapacitate 25 enemies with dodge counter.
- One Smart Cookie (Bronze): Complete one optional tomb.
- Intellectually Superior (Gold): Complete all optional tombs.
- Unfinished Business (Bronze): Complete one challenge.
- Inconceivable! (Silver): Complete all challenges.
- A Survivor Is Born (Silver): Complete the game.
- Adventurer (Bronze): Complete a match in all multiplayer modes.
- Artilleryman (Bronze): Kill 20 enemy players in multiplayer using a turret.
- Down Boy! (Bronze): Kill a zip-lining enemy player in multiplayer.
- Entrapment (Bronze): Catch a player in a snare trap in multiplayer.
- Escapist (Bronze): Survive 10 explosions in multiplayer.
- Good Samaritan (Bronze): Revive a teammate in a multiplayer match.
- I'm all that! (Silver): Win a ranked match in every multiplayer mode.
- Sole Survivor (Bronze): In multiplayer, be the only player on your team that isn't dead or downed.
- Lights Out (Bronze): Kill 10 multiplayer enemies using your melee attack.
- Master Blaster (Bronze): Kill 2 multiplayer enemies with a single explosive.
- Monkey Around (Bronze): In multiplayer, escape death 3 times by using the rope ascender.
- Narcissistic (Bronze): Purchase a new multiplayer character.
- On My Way Up (Bronze): Reach level 10 in multiplayer.
- Shopaholic (Bronze): Buy every upgrade and character in multiplayer.
- True Commitment (Silver): Reach level 60 in multiplayer.
Additionally, there are three secret trophies:
- Boom Goes the Dynamite (Bronze): Shoot a bundle of dynamite out of the air.
- Crab Cakes (Bronze): Kill FeeFee the crab.
- Chatterbox (Bronze): Complete all conversations with the Endurance crew.