Get all the trophies in the Mini-Games, Puzzle, and Survival modes to get the Gold trophy.Silver trophy
Successfully complete Adventure mode to get the Silver trophy.Easy money
Get the Zen Garden. Water the plants until they do not need anything else, then advance the system date ahead. The plants will need water again. Buy new plants, grow them to full size, then sell them. Repeat this to earn more money. You can also use this trick when you have to get Marigolds in Crazy Dave's shop and they are out of stock.
Set up your defenses around the slot machine. Try for one row of walnuts on the right side, one or two rows of sunflowers on the left, and fill everything else with pea and snow pea shooters. Protect the lawn mowers. Each is worth a gold coin ($250) at the end of the game if they did not mow any zombies. Stop collecting sun at about 1,900 sun points. At this point, the garden should be full; getting the extra 100 points to win should be easy. Just collect enough sun to offset the slot machine. Keep the slot machine spinning. It will randomly drop one or three gems, depending on how long your patience lasts. If the zombies get close to the mowers, end the game. Simply collect the sun lying on the field to end the game.
Use the following trick to make Walnut Bowling more profitable. Protect the lawnmowers, as each mower is worth one gold coin ($250). Line up shots off the front runner. After the first zombie is hit, each additional zombie strike generates coins. Create a front runner where none already exists. Pole vaulting zombies will run fast until they vault over a nut, and the newspaper zombie runs fast after getting the paper destroyed by a nut. Let them run a short distance down the lawn before sending a nut their way. You do not need to use nuts. When there are a few zombies ambling down the lawn without a clear ricochet shot, wait some time to see if more of them will step out to play. They can always be killed once they cross the red line. Remember how many nuts it takes to kill a zombie. This is important when they cross the red line. Use one nut for regular zombies, three for bucket wearing zombies, and two for the others. Keep the exploding nuts in reserve. Try not to use them unless a mob crosses the line or there are not enough nuts or room to kill a difficult zombie. Use the regular walnuts for the zombies that have not reached the red line. Do not use exploding nuts to kill pole vaulting zombies directly. Pole vaulting zombies only jump obstacles in their own lane. A pole vaulting zombie who has not vaulted yet will safely jump over explosions or nuts in their own lane. Find a neighbor in the next lane and time the nut to hit when the pole vaulting zombie gets close to the neighbor.
If you do not like the cards from Crazy Dave, exit the game and restart. The cards will change randomly.Increasing plant growth
Disable full screen mode. Go to your Zen Garden. After feeding the plants, it will normally take thirty minutes before you can feed them again. To feed them all again immediately, change the system time to an earlier value. This will increase their growth.Getting light in fog
When you are in fog and need light (and you do not have a Lantern), use the Torch Wood if you have the sun. It shows you the space in front of it.Finding the imitator in Suburban Almanac
Look at the top left of the almanac, and click there to see the imitator.Defeating Bungees
To kill Bungees, use a Chomper, Squash, Ice Shroom, Jalapeno, or Umbrella Plant.Defeating Dr. Zomboss
When Dr. Zomboss comes down to throw an ice ball or fire ball, you can use Freeze Shrooms to freeze him. This allows your various plants time to inflict some damage on Dr. Zomboss. Jalapenos will also cause damage to him when he is about to toss a fire or ice ball. To destroy the ice ball, use a Chili Pepper in that row. To destroy the fire ball, use an Ice Shroom.Defeating Pole Vaulters
When there are Pole Vaulters, pick a Walnut and a Chomper, and make sure you can dig up plants and have lots of sun. Put down a Walnut and a Chomper behind it. The Pole Vaulter will go over the Walnut and straight into the Chomper. Then, dig up the Chomper to kill the Pole Vaulter.Hidden achievement list objects
The achievements are displayed as an underground list. Keep scrolling through the list to see various hidden objects including a zombie, the bookworm from Bookworm, jewels from Bejeweled, a unicorn fossil, and finally Chinese zombies staring back down the hole.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Home Lawn Security (Silver): Comlete adventure mode.
- Master of Morticulture (Silver): Collect all 49 plants in the game.
- Smarty Branches (Bronze): Grow the Tree of Wisdom to at least 100 feet.
- Crash of the Titan (Bronze): Defeat your first Gargantuar.
- Don't Pea in the Pool (Bronze): Complete a daytime pool level with using Pea-shooters of any kind.
- Alive and Planting (Silver): Survive 40 waves of pure zombie ferocity.
- Soil Your Plants (Bronze): Plant your first 10 peashooters.
- Roll Some Heads (Silver): Bowl over 5 zombies with a single Wall-nut.
- Explodonator (Bronze): Blast 10 zombies at once with a Cherry Bomb.
- Close Shave (Bronze): Survive the zombie onslaught after all lawnmowers have been used.
- Shopaholic (Silver): Go trunk driving and spend at least $25,000 on Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies.
- Nom Nom Nom (Bronze): Stop the horde using only the Sunflower, Wall-Nur, and Chomper on any level.
- Grounded (Silver): Defeat a normal roof level without using any Catapult plants.
- Zombologist (Silver): Discover the Yeti zombie.
- Penny Pincher (Bronze): Pick up 30 coins in a row on a single level without letting any disappear.
- Sunny Days (Bronze): Accumulate 8,000 sun during a single level.
- Popcorn Party (Bronze): Defeat 2 Gargantuars with Corn Cob missiles in a single level.
- Good Morning (Bronze): Complete a daytime level by planting only Mushrooms and Coffee Beans.
- No Fungus Among Us (Silver): Complete a nighttime level without planting any Mushrooms.
- Last Mown Standing (Bronze): Defeat the last zombie in a level with a lawn mower.
- 20 Below Zero (Bronze): Immobilize 20 full-sized zombies with a single Ice-shroom.
- Flower Power (Bronze): Keep 10 Twin Sunflowers alive in a single level.
- Pyromaniac (Bronze): Complete a level using only explosive plants to kill zombies.
- Lawn Mower Man (Bronze): Kill 10 zombies with a single lawn mower.
- Chill Out (Bronze): Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, you've one level to destroy 3 bobsleds, its Jalapeno time.
- Defcorn 5 (Bronze): Build 5 Cob Cannons in a single level.
- Monster Mash (Bronze): Crush 5 zombies with a single Squash.
- Blind Faith (Bronze): Complete an extremely foggy level with using Planterns or Blovers.
- Pool's Closed (Silver): Complete a pool level without using water plants.
- Melon-y Lane (Bronze): Plant a Winter Melon on every lane.
- Second Life (Gold): Complete Adventure mode a second time.
- Lucky Spin (Silver): Get 3 diamonds in Slot Machine.
- Chili Free (Silver): Complete Column Like You See'em without using Jalapenos.
- Enlightened (Bronze): Collect all Zen Garden, Mushroom Garden and Aquarium Garden plants.
- Diamond Beghouler (Bronze): Upgrade all your plants in Beghouled.
- Greenfingers (Bronze): Grow 10 Zen Garden plants to full size.
- Wall-Not Attack (Bronze): Complete ZomBotany without using Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts or Pumpkins.
- Beyond the Grave (Gold): Beat all 20 mini games.
- Shooting Star (Silver): Complete Seeing Stars before the first Flag Zombie appears.
- Sol Invictus (Bronze): Complete Last Stand with 2,000 sun remaining.
- Sproing! Sproing! (Bronze): Complete Pogo Party without using Tall-Nuts or Magnet-shrooms.
- SPUDOW! (Bronze): Blow up a zombie using a Potato Mine.