The Sims 4 Legacy Challenge entails a set of self-imposed rules meant to change the way you play the game of The Sims 4. Abiding by the restrictions of the challenge, you can completely overhaul the experience compared to playing casually. Here are 10 of the top Sims 4 Legacy Challenges you should try!
Live For Something Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Designed by Aliennooboo on Tumblr, the goal of this challenge is to explore as many skills, aspirations, satisfaction rewards, collections, and worlds in 11 generations. The challenge provides purpose to your sim’s adult lives. This challenge does not include careers. Here are the rules:
- You start the challenge with a Young Adult Sim.
- Your Sim has to complete one aspiration as a young adult, another as an adult, and the final one as an elder.
- You cannot auto-age.
- Your Sim’s relationship doesn’t matter as long as they produce at least one child who lives with them! (Adoption is also an option)
- A Sim’s spouse’s aspiration doesn’t matter.
- You cannot use Money cheats.
- Purchase the satisfaction reward traits as early as possible.
Alphabet Legacy Challenge
The Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy Challenge is a classic among Sims fans. Developed by Wuerdig on Reddit, the goal of this challenge is to have a lot of children, each with names that start with different letters. Your founder or starter Sim would have a name that begins with the letter A. Their first child’s name should start with the letter B, while the second child’s name should start with the letter C. Here are the rules:
- The founder Sim’s name must start with the letter A.
- Your founder must be a Young Adult.
- No reloading previous save unless it’s after a catastrophe.
- You can reload previous saves to fix bugs/glitches.
- You can bring Sims back from the dead only if said Sim is directly related to the sim bringing them back.
- No money cheats.
- No immortality cheats.
- Set the auto-aging setting to active household only.
- You have to set the Lifespan to normal.
- Each of the founder’s children must have the same number of children as the founder. In other words, if the founder has 3 children then those 3 children have to have 3 children each.
- Children can move out of their home lots if they are young adults or older.
The Fatal Flaws Legacy Challenge
Most Sims 4 challenges aren’t focused on negativity and the fatal flaws challenge changes that. Designed by siyasims on Tumblr, each generation has a Sim with a negative trait that the player can decide to overcome or play into. The goal is up to you! Here are the rules:
- You can use mods!
- You don’t need to complete the aspirations.
- You don’t have to complete careers.
In fact, this challenge is pretty open to player interpretation but for those who would like some extra direction:
- The first generation or founder Sim should be mean.
- The first heir or second generation should be a slob.
- The third generation should be hot-headed.
- The fourth should be squeamish.
- The fifth should hate children.
- The sixth should be materialistic.
- The seventh should be lazy.
- The eighth should be a snob.
- The ninth should be noncommittal.
- the final should be downright evil.
Collector’s Legacy Challenge
If you’re a completionist, the Collector’s Legacy challenge is perfect for you. Designed by simdiv, the goal of this challenge is to collect items for each generation and complete the household collection list. Here are the rules:
- No cheats allowed!
- You have to keep your collectibles.
- You cannot collect future generations’ items for them.
- You have to set the Lifespan to normal.
- Some generations require certain packs, if you do not have a pack, you can skip that generation.
The Decades Challenge
The Decades Challenge is another popular Sims 4 legacy challenge. Created by ZombieCleo, the goal of the challenge is to complete 13 generations with rules and regulations specific to a certain decade. For example, in the 1890s generation, they can’t have electricity in their home. The rules of the decades challenge are very complex so taking on this challenge isn’t for the faint of heart. However, if you are a Sims 4 veteran and looking for a difficult challenge designed to push the game’s mechanics to their limits this challenge is for you.
Nightmare Legacy Challenge
For speedrunning fans, the Nightmare Legacy challenge is right up your alley. Designed by matchacake on Tumblr, the goal of this challenge is to complete 10 sim generations with the same family, but on a short lifespan. The previous challenges mostly required a normal lifespan setting which allows Sims to live for around 94 in-game days. Short lifespans last about 48 days, almost a 50% decrease. People who want to take the challenge to the next level can do so with the story mode or nightmare mode difficulties. Here are the rules:
- You must use the story function when creating your founder Sim.
- The founder Sim must be a Young adult and mortal.
- Once you move into your starter home, cheat the household funds down to 0.
- You can only use cheats to remove household funds.
- The next generation’s heir is picked randomly.
- The next generation only begins once you complete all goals and your heir is a young adult.
- You can use the potion of youth if you can afford it, but it can only be used once per generation on adults or elders.
Rags to Riches Challenge
Designed by snootysims, the Rags to Riches challenge is very popular with Sims 4 content creators. The goal of the challenge is to start your founder sim with absolutely nothing and build their entire life from scratch. Here are the rules:
- You cannot use cheats unless you are removing money or resetting your Sim.
- You must move your sim to the most expensive empty lot and get rid of all your money and possessions.
- You can eat in public places or a friend’s home, but taking the food with you is not allowed.
- You must build a home that’s fully furnished.
- You must build a garden.
- You must have a family.
- You must become a grandparent.
- You have to have a career.
- Your home’s worth must be at least 100,000 or more.
For those who would like an extra level of challenge, there are optional rules that make the game more exciting.
The Asylum Challenge
The Asylum challenge is a classic legacy challenge. Designed by Scout in the early 2000s, your Sim is committed to a mental health facility against its will. In order to prove the sim is fit to rejoin society you must achieve its aspirations while keeping 7 other patients alive and as happy as possible. The twist is that you cannot control the other 7 patients, only your Sim. The Asylum challenge’s rules are updated for The Sims 4. Players also enjoy using the original Sims 2 rules.
The Spice Of Life Challenge
Designed by Niccymo on Tumblr, the challenge is about a family of aliens who are trying to become famous musicians. Here are the rules:
- The heir of each generation must master the violin and piano skills.
- The heir must reach the maximum level in the musician branch of their career.
- They must perform in the streets of San Myshuno at least five times.
- The final generation must master acting skills and reach the pinnacle of their career.
This challenge is simpler but it is just as enjoyable.
The Forgotten Realms Legacy Challenge
With the release of Larian Studios’ Baldur’s Gate 3, many people are being introduced to Dungeons and Dragons. The Forgotten Realms Legacy Challenge is perfect for fans of the tabletop RPG. Designed by anxiousmoodlet this challenge is inspired by the classes from the game. The rules are complex and involved but this challenge is one of the best ways to overhaul Sims 4 for those who are looking for something new.